• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How much do you care about post-game content?

Years
Like the title says, do you like it when a Pokemon game still has plenty to offer even after the Elite Four have been defeated? What do you spend most of the time doing following the end credits? Or are you one of those players that move on to other titles as soon as the main story wraps up?

KetsuekiR

Ridiculously unsure
Years
I love a good post-game. If the game is good, why not play the post-game? Unova's and Hoenn's are some of the most memorable post-games and I can say I enjoyed them a lot! That being said, I wouldn't complain too much if the post-game didn't deliver :P I always see it more as a bonus than anything and if I enjoyed the game itself, I can look past the fact that a post-game doesn't exist xD Even so, I do like post-games xP

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
Post game content is one of the most important things to me. I want to get my money's worth out of the game and a good game should give you reasons to keep playing after the main plotline has been completed. Replay value is important too, but I generally prefer to have each playthrough be substantial in content.

Years
  • Seen Jul 2, 2023
I prefer post-game content to lack of post-game content. While I've found plenty to do in games without post-game content (like X, where I've bred like crazy), it's fun to have more plot to play through. Plus, I tend to feel let down once I've beaten all of a game's traditional material, so I like it when games last as long as possible.

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
Years
Postgame matters a lot to me. It's what makes a game worth playing after you've completed the main story, and I feel the best games are the ones that you can pick up and still get enjoyment out of playing months or even years later. It's always nice to have something in the game to help you stay occupied~

AkameTheBulbasaur

Akame Marukawa of Iyotono
Years
I really like having a lot to do after the Elite Four, but even if the actual post-game isn't too big (apparently X/Y's was underwhelming. I say apparently because I haven't played it yet and am just repeating what I've heard from others), I personally will always find something to do.

Usually I try to complete the Pokedex as much as I can, and once I've done that, I'll make a new team of low level Pokemon and train them up to beat the Elite Four again with them. So, it's sort of like I'm starting over, but I still keep all my progress. In that sense I could play the same Pokemon game for decades and not be done with it.

But the games I like best are the ones that have a lot of Postgame. That way there are more things for me to do with each team, more options for the Pokemon I can have on each team, more places to train etc. I also like it when games give you places in the Postgame with higher level Pokemon (60s+) so it's easier to get to level 100 without too much grinding.

Drayton

Chilled Dude of The Elite Four
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 21, 2024
Postgame are my life without it I'm just scraped out of boredome and having nothing to do after becoming a champion. Postgame keeps me entertain with interesting stories and other elements that the game offer. Besides, Why wouldn't I invest my money on pokemon if there's no postgame it be nothing without it and would feels empty.

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Feb 9, 2024
I love having a little mini adventure after the main game is done because let's face it there isn't much to do after you beat the game. Unless you're one to breed or make a battling team or even shiny hunt. If there's nothing to do most people will toss it aside and move on to something else.

pkmin3033

I like having postgame content, but to be honest I'm not totally broken up about it if a Pokemon title doesn't have it. I tend to make my own postgame in Pokemon titles, since I'll spend hours trying to fill my dex. It's always nice when it's included, but it isn't absolutely essential to me in order to enjoy the game once I've finished the main story.

Years
I do care a bit about postgame content, but not as much as most people here because there have been games with minimal postgame content that I still keep playing until I get the next entry in the series. If a game has huge postgame content, expect me to play it a lot.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
In Pokémon games, I want postgame. I want stuff like the Delta story, and the Looker quests. I want Battle Frontiers that give me new ways of using my Pokémon, making me spend time breeding/training mon best for the challenges. I'm not as much of a fan of postgame exploration- I prefer to explore on my way through and then come back for expansion on the places I've been and fallen in love with (hated BW's postgame lmao). i guess exploration is better than nothing but eeeeeeh

tldr I like story/quest/challenge postgames. <3

Laguna

Sir Zangoose
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Aug 31, 2016
I like when there's some sort of place for my Level 100 pokémon to fight and not own everything in one hit, so you could say that it's pretty important.

Years
Like most people here, I enjoy post-game content too! I feel that it adds longevity to the game and makes it worth putting more hours into it, even after you beat the main story. Some plot-related events are a big bonus as well.
I like when there's some sort of place for my Level 100 pokémon to fight and not own everything in one hit, so you could say that it's pretty important.
Yup, it's no fun merely sweeping every opponent in the game because it is far too easy. This is why I like participating in battle facilities where levels are scaled down/Open Level competitions are offered, since you end up having to think more tactically in regards to your team setups and how you are going to take down the opponent.

Meadow

[span="font-family: Handlee; font-size: 15px; font
Years
Having more to do after the main story is always exciting, so I definitely love having an ample postgame :D

My favorite postgame of all time is actually from Explorers of Sky, rather than the main series games (which are still pretty good). I really liked how there was an entire second story which essentially explains the cause of the main story, coupled with the fact that the postgame's final boss was actually the "true" main antagonist. And as if that wasn't enough, we get tons and tons of new optional dungeons that are all really challenging, which gives you a reason to continue developing your skills and teammates in the game.

As for the main series, however, I probably liked HG/SS's postgame the most simply because you can explore another region AND participate in the Battle Frontier. <3

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen May 23, 2023
I love post game content! I think the stories that happen after you've beaten the champion and the main story are the most interesting. The post-game battle facilities throughout the series were always some of my favourite features of the game whilst lack of post game content would mean that players would just be stuck rematching the champion without much else to do once the game has been beaten.

Also I'm actually not sure what I do most in the post-game; the battle facilities I guess? In OR/AS I've been spending a lot of time catching and trying to breed pokemon that I didn't have access to before though so that's been fun. :]

tldr I like story/quest/challenge postgames. <3
Ditto! I loved the Delta Quest in OR/AS and I enjoyed the challenge of the Battle Frontier which was arguably more enjoyable and difficult than challenging the E4 and champion over and over. I like having constant challenges or quests to do so it'd be great to see more of those implemented in future post games.

Speaking of Looker though, he's what made the Platinum post game infinitely better. I think he disguises himself or hides behind a rock and yet he still manages to arrest Charon during the Stark Mountain episode. I found it the best arrest I'd ever seen and loved the Platinum post game a lot more because of it. 8)

AkameTheBulbasaur

Akame Marukawa of Iyotono
Years
My favorite postgame of all time is actually from Explorers of Sky, rather than the main series games (which are still pretty good). I really liked how there was an entire second story which essentially explains the cause of the main story, coupled with the fact that the postgame's final boss was actually the "true" main antagonist. And as if that wasn't enough, we get tons and tons of new optional dungeons that are all really challenging, which gives you a reason to continue developing your skills and teammates in the game.

Ah, those were good times. I loved how in PMD2 it was like you had two games in one. You save the world not once, but twice. Very satisfying. I liked the Zero Isle Dungeons even though I DIED 132,312,231,231 TIMES I'M CRYING RIGHT NOW WHY ARE YOU SO DANG HARD!!!!!1!111!!

Ahem. Sorry about that. Anyway, I love it when games have a "Really Hard Optional Postgame Dungeon." It gives me a reason to continue training after the main game. I love those even more when there's a super awesome reward/rewards at the end that make all your suffering worth it. And they're optional, so you're not missing out too much by not doing them.

Years
Ah, yes. I still play my main White 2 version to this day, as I never find myself without anything to do in that. And despite how Generation VI wasn't as big on post-game as such, I do like to do the occasional breeding.

But as a primary challenger, it's not the biggest necessity, although sometimes I will go back to previous games I have if I don't feel like doing anything challenge related.

Back