• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Question] How to make sprites transparent?

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Mar 19, 2021
I have found a Sprite to use in My game but IT is white around it in the intro what to do?

Years
or make it transparent while inserting the sprites with RPG Maker XP by left and right clicking on the color you want transparent.

PerihelionProductions

Pokémon Ethereal Gates
Years
If you've got photoshop or GIMP you can get rid of the white as well [you'd probably have to duplicate the layer, delete the base layer, then magic wand the white part away].

GIMP is 100% free to download and a good tool to use.

but yeah also as Quilva said RMXP has a great system to transparentize sprites. But if it's white space you may want to change it to like bright green or something, because white may also appear in the parts of the sprite you want to keep.

TBM_Christopher

Semi-pro Game Dev
Years
It's a matter of what tools you have to work with. RMXP is likely the one you've got, so just use the advice given by Quilava. That said, try to make the background of your sprite sheets a color that you don't use. (In my opinion, if you're ever spriting, a good best practice is to never use flat white or black, instead colors #f0f0f0 and #0f0f0f, so that you know it's not there by mistake.)

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Jul 29, 2015
go on this site to make images transparen thttp://www190.lunapic.com/editor/?action=transparent make sure you save your image on png for it to be transparent.

pokemontrainersimon

Pokemon Lustrous Aqua, Game Director
Years
It depends on the picture. If it already had white around it, then you to go into Photoshop to remove it. If you imported the picture into the game and it suddenly has white around it, then you need to go into Material base in RMXP and find the picture, click on it when you find it, click on "transparent color" and the white should be gone when you see it in the intro.

Back