• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ash's Father

pkmin3033

I still kinda think it's Silver...he just seems to fit the image I've always had of Ash's wayward father. He's like an older, more arrogant and hot-headed Ash, and that Chikorita on his shoulders reminds me of Ash and Pikachu, when very few characters have that close partner relationship. He even kinda looks like Ash as a kid...skin tone is the same anyway, and his whole thing with Moltres echoes that thing Ash had with Ho-Oh at the start of his journey.

UltimateFrosty08

THE DAB MAN
Years
Its Mew and I have a complex reason why.

How many times has Ash died... once or twice right so this means Ash has more than one live and who has more than one live a cat and what is Mew a Cat so this mean Ash follows Cats 9 live rule so what does this mean

Mew transformed into a human and had Ash then left soon

This probably is not true but it makes sense

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 17, 2017
Novelization stated that Ash's father left to go on a journey. However he never made the top 100 trainers and so he was never really heard from again. It explains the comment that Delia makes in the Japanese version about the spearow. I can't remember the exact wording but she basically tells Ash not to be like his father.

Much of the novelization is retconned due to other things but this is what I stand by when it comes to Ash's father.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen May 13, 2016
The whole Giovanni being his dad still stands for me since I take it he never met him so in BW when they met it was not a shock for Ash to not say "Dad?"

Guest123_x1

These threads come up so doggone often that I'm actually starting to get sick of seeing them...

But, on to the topic. Whoever Ash's father is, I long believed that he would reveal himself in the same way Darth Vader revealed to Luke Skywalker that he was his father. On the other hand, we may never know for sure...

TheLegendaryGuy

The greatest Ash Ketchum fan!
Years
Who knows .. maybe its Arceus;-) (lol). But i don't beleive its Silver, because of the fact that Silver of the Adventures Manga is some four years younger than Red (whom Ash is based upon).
Well, I was watching 'Lucario and the Mystery of Mew' recently, and an idea sprung in my head. I've never read it around here, but I think it's relatively obvious.
Now, we know who Sir Aaron is, right? Sir Aaron is an 'Aura Master', depicted as a hero in a small town near the Tree of Beginning where the movie takes place. Aaron is skilled in controlling Aura through his gloves, though whether the gloves are necessary for it's channeling is unknown.
The movie makes it very clear that Ash and Aaron are connected, whether through blood or otherwise is not certain, but genetics seems to be the most immediate assumption.
Ash and Aaron are connected in the sense that they both give off an identical Aura Pattern. Aura is the essence of life, as some put it, and each individual has his or her own Aura pattern. We know that Ash's and Aaron's are identical because Lucario initially mistakes Ash for Aaron through his Aura sensory and not his eyes.
Also, Ash is able to help save the Tree of Life in the end because he possesses the same Aura patterns as Aaron, which he amplified through Aaron's gloves. So, maybe its him? Any idea?

Years
Wasn't announced that Ash's father was on his own Pokemon journey?
I think I heard Tamashii talk about it in one of his videos.
While they don't plan to introduce him in the anime, they may do that if they ever feel the need to use him to develop Ash's character.

If they do bring him on, I hope it's on one of the movies.

during an interview with a storyboard artist for the Anime series, the artist stated that Ash's father is a man who is on his own Pokémon journey as a Trainer's.

There we go.

Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
Seriously , How many thread we had discussing the This same topic ?
Anyway , I prefer if the Next Series is about Ash going to Alola to find his Missing Father who got himself involve with the Evil Team.
In fact , I prefer if the next series is about Ash and other 7 "chosen One" saving the world.
And I'm not talking about Ash and Sidekicks saving the world.
I'm talking about 7 other protagonist with Different life work together with Ash to save the world.
Basically , I want Pokemon to rip off Digimon or Fate/stay Night with Ash's Father igniting the story.

Back