• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Should Ash Ketchum & other characters in the Anime, grow older?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jul 21, 2017
What I don't get, is this: If he's going to be ten forever, why make his voice deeper? Wouldn't it make sense to have his voice stay the same since the beginning, since he never ages? (I liked Veronica Taylor as Ash. I stopped watching when they hired someone else.)
If he sounds like a teenager, why not make him at least 13?

Last edited:
Years
I wouldn't mind seeing Ash grow up some.
Just like I also wouldn't mind Mist coming back.
Or Ash getting married to Misty.

But that's just me. ;)

Taemin

move.
Years
  • Age 36
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
I think at some point, it would be neat if they aged juuuust a little. I remember back in Hoenn most people were like "yeah ok we agree that Ash is at least 14", but then at the start of Best Wishes the narrator was like "nah bro he still 10". I understand why, because Japan really does try to continue to market the anime at children, but in the end a lot of people that watch the anime are some of the older audience nowadays. There are a lot of teens and young adults that watch it, and it would be cool if they pulled a Digimon and maybe launched a movie or spin-off where the characters were older to throw a bone to the older fans.

I'm hoping more for something like that, just because I know the actual anime probably will never age the characters. Since that would defeat the point of them being "ageless heroes" like the anime staff mentioned once.

Though, sometimes it's hard to think of them as being anywhere close to ten years old, because of what they go through and now how Serena reacts around Ash - that seems more of how a teenager would act around someone they like.

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Feb 25, 2018
I do think Ash and the others who have been on the show since the beginning should be aging at least a little bit. Especially in recent seasons he seems like he should be at least a few years older than 10. However, the target audience only stays with the show for so long and then it moves on to the next group that age.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back