• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen The Unova Travel Journal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nameless.

Today was amazing! I got my second badge from the gym leader named Lenora in Necrene City! Gosh her gym's puzzle was hard to get through. I gotta say, Team Plasma is starting to become annoying. They say their cause is good but they are stealing unwilling Pokemon from trainers! They aren't even so much as asking the Pokemon if they want to leave! How horrible can you be? Good thing me, Bianca, and Cheren are always where they are to help out the trainers and Pokemon they hurt!

Something else marvelous happened too! Enveloped by a bright white light in mid-battle against Plasma goons, both my Oshawott and my Lillipup evolved!! I now have a beautiful and powerful Dewott and a gold and silver Herdier! Thanks to them, the battle against Lenora was a cake walk!

But I gotta run cause Lenora's museum is in trouble! Team Plasma again no doubt.

I'll get back to documenting my journey later! See ya!!

-----

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 13, 2016
I'm going though Dragon spiral tower at the moment - I found it funny when the building shaked and then reshiram cried and then a funky text box came up and it said "Burn, baby, burn." I lol'd since it seemed like Reshiram said that... :P

blue

gucci
Years
Ok, so after alot of thought and consideration, I traded my team of Level 50's over to my Japanese version of Pokémon White (so that they were stored) and started again!
I've just beaten the first Gym and I've got a pretty steady team of

Herdier (M) Level 16
Oshawott (M) Level 16
Pidove (F) Level 17
Drilbur (F) Level 10 OR Woobat (F) Level 12 - Someone help me decide whos better in the long run :) I know Excadril has much higher Attack but I prefere Swoobat so... yeah

Autaven

Gamer Girl
Years
Clocked 23 hours and I'm currently going through Chargestone Cave and remembering how much I dislike caves! (need to stock repels clearly). Got 5 badges now and still loving it.

The Fourteenth Doctor

The little... Daleks
Years
Just defeated Lenora and obtained the Basic Badge (2nd badge), going to get rid of the Plasma grunts that have entered the museum.

My team;

Dewott Lv19
Herdier Lv19
Drilbur Lv18

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
Years
Time for a minor update [:

______________________________________________________________________________________

Dear Journal,

I can't believe it! I entered a battle with Victini, weakened it, and after many failed attempts; I caught it. I nicknamed him Victor and left the lighthouse, encountering Professor Juniper and some policeman leaving with captured Team Plasma grunts. After that, I returned to Castelia City and challenged the Battle Company. Victor defeated every single trainer there!

After that, I walked all over Desert Resort, and i'm pretty sure I defeated every trainer there. A woman also gave me a Cover Fossil!

I then went to the amusement park, where N showed up. He took me onto the ferris wheel, before telling me he was king of Team Plasma. That came as a bit of a shock, though at the same time not surprising. We battled and he failed miserably.

I then went to Route 16, Lostlorn Forest, and Route 5. I defeated every trainer I could and my pokemon grew a lot stronger, along with capturing a few new pokemon. Now we're going to train some more and then challenge Elesa to a battle.

______________________________________________________________________________________

My current team:

Pidove "Valiant"
519.gif

Lv24
Male
Calm nature
Met on 3/6/2011 on Route 3, at Lv8.
Strongly Defiant.
Held Item: Amulet Coin
Ability: Super Luck
Moves: Detect, Air Cutter, Roost, Quick Attack

Munna "Dream"
517.gif
b517.gif

Lv24
Female
Quirky nature
Met on 3/6/2011 at the Dreamyard, at Lv10.
Quick Tempered.
Held Item: Quick Claw.
Ability: Synchronize
Moves: Psybeam, Moonlight, Zen Headbutt, Yawn

Blitzle
522.gif

Lv25
Male
Modest nature
Met on 3/6/2011 on Route 3, at Lv10.
Strong Willed.
Held Item: King's Rock
Ability: Lightningrod
Moves: Quick Attack, Thunder Wave, Flame Charge, Shock Wave

Panpour "Monagua"
515.gif
b515.gif

Lv25
Male
Lax nature
Met on 3/6/2011 at the Dreamyard, at Lv10.
Somewhat Vain.
Held Item: Eviolite
Ability: Gluttony
Moves: Fury Swipes, Bite, Lick, Scald

Victini "Victor"
494.gif
b494.gif

Lv25
Genderless
Naive nature
Met on 3/7/2011 at Liberty Garden, at Lv15.
Quick to flee.
Held Item: Scope Lens
Ability: Victory Star
Moves: Confusion, Incinerate, Quick Attack, Headbutt

Servine
496.gif
b496.gif

Lv24
Male
Naughty nature
Met on 3/6/2011 in Nuvema Town, at Lv5.
Very finicky.
Held Item: Miracle Seed
Ability: Overgrow
Moves: Tackle, Growth, Mega Drain, Leaf Tornado

Kevin

kevin del rey
Years
Didn't update that much, did I? D: Anyways, I defeated the Elite Four, captured Reshiram, defeated N and Ghestis, updated to National Dex mode, found the Seven Sages of Team Plasma, and caught Tornadus... I'm about to battle Cynthia or challenge the Elite Four again... I'm not sure.

Kon~

Follow your dream to the end ~
Years
Departing from Mistralton City, I headed in the direction of Twist Mountain. At the base of the stairway, who should turn up for a completely random and pointless battle but Cheren? I easily beat him up and he turned all angsty from not being strong enough, but it just proved that what N had told me was true. I was about to turn away and leave him when Stalker of the Century, Alder, jumped down from a cliff face (WTF?) and told him to lighten up, then gave us both HM Surf and left. Uh... what? Cheren stormed off into the mountain and left me be. How pointless.

As soon as I stepped through the doorway, Cheren was waiting for me - oh please, not again, Cheren - and so was Big Chief Lazy Bum, Clay. What was he doing here? Turns out he had heard about Team Plasma being here, too, and was checking it out but hadn't found anything, so it was up to two children to do the work for him. He really is lazy. ._.

Twist Mountain was tough. I wasn't used to the rocky terrain and the internal maze meant I made slow progress. There were plenty of trainers hidden behind rocks and stuff, jumping out and shouting a heart-attack inducing slogan at me before sicking their Pokémon on me. Damn. These guys need to find a better hobby.

If you can't tell by now, at this point I was getting tired. I had travelled so far today already, and although the mountain posed a challenge, I didn't want to spend a second night in Mistralton since I had already seen everything it had to offer. I was ready to sleep as it was, so perhaps taking on the challenge so late was a mistake. One good thing came about, however; during a tough battle with a trainer's Sawk, my dear Tempo shone brightly and stretched out, becoming an elegant and majestic Serperior! He was beautiful! I gave him a huge hug and we beat the poop out of that Sawk.

Right at the end of the tunnels, as I was ready to collapse from exhaustion, I saw a couple of Team Plasma goons. I wasn't ready to battle them, but thankfully, Cheren had done it for me. Wow. He actually beat up some bad guys instead of stopping me from doing so, like everyone else seems to. Then he pointed out how hypocritical they were and told them to release their Pokémon. I was about to chime in when one of them mentioned they'd found what they were looking for for their lord N.

waitwhat. They found one of the special Stones? They had already moved on and started talking about taking the world over by force - which completely contradicted what N had said about not wanting to use force. I tried to get more information but they fled and I was too tired to go after them. And as soon as I left the cave, who should be there but Prof. Idiot Senior. I politely pointed out that a couple of bad guys had JUST run this way and why couldn't he have stopped them, but he just said something about a tower and a dragon and disappeared. Good job, Professor. I can see why you're seen as an intellectual.
/sarcasm

Something he said stuck out, though. He mentioned that the tower north of the city just ahead, Icirrus City, was known as Dragonspire Tower. It reminded me of what N had said before... about the legend of a Dragon who helped the mythical Hero seek the truth, and created the region of Unova. When the region was complete, the Dragon fell into a deep slumber in Dragonspire Tower, and left the Light Stone as it's earthly remains, awaiting the touch of the Hero to awaken it and to seek the truth once more.

The name of the Dragon was Reshiram. And if Team Plasma were telling the truth, and they'd found the Light Stone, that meant N was going to take the place of the Hero and use the Dragon slumbering in Dragonspire Tower to create his dream of a separated world.

N... I really hope you know just what you're doing...

Spoiler:

Pyrax

Midnight Guest
Years
  • Age 28
  • UK
  • Seen today
Serperior and Tranquill evolved in Celestial Tower.
Spent around 5 minutes looking for a Litwick with flame body.
Beat Skyla (She was also extremely easy.)
Decided to explore route 18 instead of Twist Mountain.
Obtained an egg which hatched into Larvesta.
Caught a few pokémon.

Currently in Twist Mountain.

Current team
Serperior lv.39
Unfezant lv.35
Tirtouga lv.35
Scolipede lv.35
Zoroark lv.35
Scraggy lv.35

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 1, 2014
I defeated N in Nimbasa City. I went into the Gym unprepared and got my butt kicked. Now I'm on Route 5 training my Pokemon against the trainers there.

My party is:
Simisear
Woobat
Liligant
Dewott
Throh

None of them are very effective against the Nimbasa gym. I think I might need to do some more Pokemon catching.

Weavile05

Currently Hacking BW
Years
A lot bigger update this time.
-Decided to stop training Patrat, Lilipup, Purrloin and Munna
-moved on to the next route (3?)
-fought all the trainers
-Caught Blitzkrieg the Blitzle (Blitzkrieg is a german word for lightning war)
-Beat up Team Plasma
-Caught Rockenroll the Roggenrola, Cheery the Woobat, and Excaburrow the Drilbur (would've named it Excaburro, but then I realized what Burro meant in Spanish)
-Fought through some more trainers
-Got to the City with the normal type gym (I can't remember these names!!!)
-Caught Constro the Timbur and Brawn the Throh
-Discovered I could grind really fast by fighting Audinos
-Grinded everything to level 17 (20 for my fighting types)
-Evolved Tsunamurai the Oshawott into Dewott
-Completely annhialated the Normal type gym.
-Witnessed team Plasma stealing a Pokemon Skull from a fossil
-Saved

Current Party
Tsunamurai the Dewott, lv. 18
Rockenroll the Roggenrola, lv. 17
Cheery the Woobat, lv. 18
Blitzkrieg the Blitzle, lv. 18
Constro the Timbur, lv. 20
Brawn the Throh, lv. 20

Years
  • Seen Nov 5, 2023
Spoiler:

After a couple days of training my team and running around the south-east side of Unova, ive come to you all with another update. :D

Notable Events:

-After running around Route Three, I ran into my first Aiduno. :D It felt good to finally murder one of those pink creatures ive heard so much about. >:)
-Caught a Tympole.
-Running around in the area right before Pinwheel Forest, I almost died in a wild double battle. D:
-It was then that I realized I had a major weakness to fighting type moves. :/
-During the battle with N before the gym battle, my Snivy evolved. :D
-Obtained second badge. :)
-Traveled all the way back to Nuvema Town to search for hidden items using the Dowsing Machine.
-Caught a Venipede in Pinwheel Forest.
- Purrloin Evolved. :D
-WTF. There are cars? :O
-Whhyyyyy is this bridge soooo loooonnnggggggg.

Current Team:

Ani496MS.png
| lv 20 | Overgrow

Growth | Leech Seed | Tackle | Leaf Tornado
For some reason he wasn't hitting as hard as I liked, but since his evolution, hes doing just fine. Hes holding the Miracle Seed I obtained from some girl in Nacrene City.

Ani504MS.png
| lv 19 | Run Away

Leer | Hypnosis | Crunch | Tackle
I know Tackle gets STAB, but I cant tell whether it or Crunch does more. He evolves super soon. Too bad he has a sucky ability.

Ani510MS.png
| lv 20 | Limber

Assist | Sand-Attack | Fury Swipes | Thief
As a Purrloin, I was really thinking about dropping her from my team. Even with STAB Thief, she barely did any damage. But recently, shes had lots of luck with Assist, getting moves such as Crunch, Round, and Roost. I havnt tested her out as a Liepard yet, but her stats look really good compared to my other team members.

Ani519MS.png
| lv 19 | Super Luck

Roost | Work Up | Quick Attack | Air Cutter
Air Cutter plus Super Luck equals win. And if for some reason he does get low on HP, Roost takes care of the job.

Ani535MS.png
| lv 19 | Swift Swim

Supersonic | Bubblebeam | Mud Shot | Round
This guy is my main Special Attacker. Plus, he isnt weak to Fighting, which like half my team is. Too bad he has a not-so-good ability.

Ani543MS.png
| lv 19 | Swarm

Protect | Screech | Poison Tail | Pursuit
The newest member of my team. I havnt tried out Poison Tail yet, but im hoping its much better than the weak Poison Sting he was using before. I don't use Protect, and rarely do I use Pursuit. Contemplating whether I should exchange it for Rock Smash.

Necrolium

Flygon Trainer
Years
Well got my english copy of White today. I picked Oshawott and it managed to get to level 16 before getting my first badge and I got that Pansear to use leer a few times to make the Pansage's defense low, easy win. Right now I am in route 4 with three badges and my pokemon include:
Dewott Lv.28
Zebstrika Lv.27
Sandile Lv.21 (recently caught)
Darumaka Lv.22 (recently caught)

Dillon_68

Lover of Winter
Years
Going through the desert, just caught my Scraggy (Careful Nature). Picked up my first Casteliacone earlier. =P

Dewott: Lv. 27
Swoobat: Lv. 24
Whirlipede: Lv. 24
Scraggy: Lv. 22

Edit: Playtime is 8:41.

Years
I've just passed through Castelia City, it was amazing to look at but I hope they don't do that for future pokemon cities. It was nice as a one off but it didn't feel like pokemon when I was walking through it.

On my journey through Castelia City I managed to get a Fire Stone for my Pansear, I'm not going to evolve him yet, I've heard he learns Crunch so will wait until that happens!

There was absolutely tonnes to explore, the Battle Company was a lot of fun, I like having lots of trainer battles in a short amount of time :)

Burgh, the gym leader was kind of a disappointment, Pansear pretty much took care of everything he had, was hoping for more of a challenge but oh well!

On to route 4!

Edit: I've just passed through route 4 and managed to catch myself a Sandile and a Darumaka, I don't really have any intention to use Darumaka but you know, you've gotta catch em all ;)

Had a look around the Desert Resort and am intrigued as to what the Relic Castle will bring later in the game, managed to catch myself a Yamask from within the castle as well as a Sigilyph just outside.

As the game moves on I am starting to see the weaker pokemon in my party so when I get to the next town I'll be having a look through my box to see if there's any other polkes I want to give a chance! :)

Last edited:

Kon~

Follow your dream to the end ~
Years
Since I had arrived in Icirrus City, I had worried about what might be happening at the Dragonspire Tower, but that was no excuse not to challenge the Gym here. Heading inside, I was greeted by a freezing blast of wind as the warm air rushed in from behind me and the coolness of the ice swept to meet it. The whole place was full of ice. It was colder even than the Cold Storage, and I was quickly shivering. The puzzles were pretty hard, too, and all involved sliding across the ice and around corners that rotated on switches. By the end, my knees were raw from falling over on the ice and my team was breathless from challenging the various gym trainers.

Finally, we reached Brycen. His team was strong and high-powered, but I managed to get a good few hits in, with Tardy Psyshock-ing at first and combinations of Comet's Fire Charge and Tempo's Mega Drain. We came through victorious and Brycen handed over the Freeze Badge, confirming my seventh gym victory!

As I left the gym, I found both Cheren and Bianca waiting for me outside. Cheren was still babbling about his purpose and Bianca was still whining about not being strong, so when Brycen came outside, I was half-expecting him to tell them both to shut up. However, he instead called out to someone else, even though I could see no one beside us three. I nearly had a heart attack when SUDDENLY, NINJAS, but it was the Shadow Triad! They had come to talk to me specifically... Ghetsis had requested I climb the Dragonspire Tower, for N was waiting for me. N! Waiting for me! I started running but Cheren stopped me, and he and Brycen agreed they should climb the tower too. I pointed out the message wasn't for them, but they left anyway...

I had to get there first! I ran as fast as possible to the foot of the tower, only to be greeted by Klink-Man, the most useless professor this side of Castelia. He said Brycen and Cheren had already gone in, as well as a bunch of Plasma goons, then gave me some cake and sent me on my way. Wha? I don't see how cake's gonna help me, but... hey, free cake!

When I stepped in, I noticed the ground shaking. An earthquake?! No, it wasn't the ground... it was the Tower! The Dragon must have awakened... had N done this?! I ran upstairs only to see that Cheren and Brycen were fighting off a hoard of goons, so I ran past them only to be challenged by a bunch of them myself. They were all angry that I had hurt their Pokémon, but they were hurting mine at the same time, idiots! Plus, N had asked me to be here, so why were they stopping me? Wouldn't that be going against their king's orders?

The shaking was getting worse and I started to worry. Was N in danger? Or had he succeeded in taming the Dragon?

After a couple of floors, I noticed there were no more goons stopping me - at least, until I ran into a bunch of them, and an old man who called himself Giallo. He set four of them on me at once, and I had to beat them up one by one, but I was determined and broke through them, sprinting across the room and up the stairs and--

N. He was stood in the center of a chamber, surrounded by four columns. Sunlight shone in from above, lighting him up ethereally and a breeze from outside tugged through his hair and clothes. And behind him... a beautiful white Dragon. He had done it. He had found the Light Stone and revived the Dragon of Legend. Was he truly the Hero?

He noticed me and asked me if I was amazed. I was, and he sounded as though he was too. He told me that he was going to use the power of the hero to command the Dragon, Reshiram, and make his dream of separation a reality. He would go to the Pokémon League and defeat the Champion in the last great battle of this era, and end the suffering of Pokémon once and for all.

I tried to argue with him, that making trainers release their Pokémon wasn't the way to end Pokémon cruelty, but he was too excited to listen. Here he was, facing such a great power that was willing to realise his dream... nothing could stop him now.

He turned to me and told me that if I wanted... I should find a Dragon too. I asked how that could be, when there was only one Dragon, and here it was. He laugh and told me, did I remember the end of the creation legend? The two brothers who had used the Dragon to create Unova argued and fought, and the original Dragon split in two, each one supporting one side of the battle. This was but one of two Dragons, and I should find the Dark Stone and revive the other dragon, Zekrom.

Then, perhaps, we could be Heroes together...♥

I was helpless as I watched him swing up onto Reshiram's back and fly away, through the open roof of the Tower. I don't know how long I stayed there, staring at the spot where he had been stood, but eventually Brycen and Cheren found me, and guided me back to the foot of the tower, where everyone else was waiting. As they tried to work out what had happened, I stayed silent, because I was confused.

Should I help them to stop N, or should I help N realise his dream, and maybe help him realise a new one that wouldn't be so devastating?

Stalker of the Century, Alder, arrived and pretty much filled everyone in, eliminating my first option. He said the Dark Stone was likely to be somewhere in the Relic Castle, and he would go look for it to make sure Team Plasma couldn't get it.

He wasn't going to get it, though. I made my mind up. I was going to revive Zekrom and use his powers to help N, but also to stop him. I would let Reshiram stop the pain and suffering of Pokémon, but I would make Zekrom pick out those who shared a true bond with their Pokémon and keeping them together. I would let friendships remain in tact while destroying cruelty once and for all.

That was my dream. It would be bigger and better than N's, and I would be the one to bring it about.

It was my turn to become a Hero.

Spoiler:

Last edited:

D0N3GAN

Working on Pokemon White...
Years
  • Seen May 24, 2011
I've just started my journey after choosing my starter Pokemon Snivy.
Took on both Bianca and Cheren defeating both their Oshawott and Tepig, then onwards to the Professor Juniper Pokemon Lab to recieve my Pokedex and gave my Snivy the nick name "Smuggy".

After leaving the Lab, my Mom gave Cheren, Bianca and myself a Town Map.. cool right :D
After like three boring minutes of Professor Juniper catching herself a Patrat and passing along five Pokeballs to me. I headed North to Accumula Town catching two new Pokemon, "Pupps" the Lillipup and a Patrat whom I nicknamed "Scout" which I thought was fitting for her.

- Current Party -
Smuggy Lv.8
Pupps Lv.4
Scout Lv.4

Zeph.

Casual Player, Silly Username
Years
Right now I'm off to meet Skyla, I've got 5 badges so far :) And what's more, I was finally able to connect to Wi-fi :D I got a Liberty Pass and a rather good deal for a Zorua.

It was lv.1, and the other person was requesting a Patrat of all things :/ But why complain? :D

My team so far is:

Brigham - Pignite
499.gif

Still as badass as ever

Martin - Zebstrika
523.gif

What's not to love about an electric zebra?

Roffle - Scraggy
559.gif

I taught him Rest l3

Crash - Tirtouga
564.gif

Can't wait until he evolves :D

Stagged - Deerling
585.gif

(It's in it's Autumn form just now, I should add :P)

[Japanese symbols of which I don't know] - Zorua
570.gif

She's too rare to not keep :D Plus Illusion is fun :)

Zerrah.

Mauling with Ursaring
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 15, 2018
I feel really bad that I haven't started writing on here from the beginning of my journey. But the last few days I haven't really had time to sit and write it out all from memory, cause I've never really been home.

So, just recently I've gone back through all the routes and found all the good TMs that I've missed, and I've also picked myself up a Larveta(sp?) egg. I can't wait for my firey moth of doom. >:)

I am on my way to capture Reshiram, and my team is as follows:

503.png

Samurott Lv41 (m)
Quiet @ Mystic Water
-Slash
-Aqua Jet
-Surf
-X-Scissor

530.png

Excadrill Lv42 (f)
Adamant @ Soft Sand
-X-Scissor
-Rock Slide
-Swords Dance
-Earthquake

555.png

Darmanitan Lv42 (f)
Docile @ Expert Belt
-Work Up
-Hammer Arm
-Flare Blitz
-Facade

547.png

Whimsicott Lv41 (m)
Calm @ Big Root
Prankster
-Stun Spore
-Giga Drain
-PoisonPowder
-Grass Knot

563.png

Cofagrigus Lv41 (m)
Calm @ Shell Bell
-Power Split
-Shadow Ball
-Guard Split
-Will-o-Wisp

539.png

Sawk Lv39 (m)
Timid @ Quick Claw
-Payback
-Bulk Up
-Brick Break
-Double Kick

If there natures are not good, it's only because for in-game teams I'm not too concerned. But as soon as I transfer over my Dittos and such, I will be EV training with correct natures. But other than that, I'm thinking of replacing Sawk with a better Pokemon. Perhaps a dragon type....hmmmm.... I'll get back to you. XD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back