• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen 4th Gen Help Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

AxeyWaxyWoo

Awesome Sauce Trainer
Years
Unfortunately, no. As two Pokemon will technically have been used to defeat each Seaking, the EV values will be split up between the two Pokemon used. As a solution, maybe try and find a different Pokemon to battle against to get your EVs, or leave Chimchar in the Day Care until it's a suitable level to fight the Seaking. Hope this helps! :D

Ah thanks. :)
I'm still new to the whole EV training thing, but I'm kinda getting the hang of it. I will put him in the daycare for a little while.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
You've just got to be careful too though, when you put your Pokemon into daycare that you're aware that the carer, will often replace moves automatically as your pokemon grows.

Chimcharguy

Chimchar Master
Years
Good places to train on heartgold

Hi I'm in Kanto and my Pokemon are around level 45, I rushed the Pokemon league at level 40. I need to train my team to much higher levels any Good locations where I can get a lot of experience.

Thanks,

bobandbill

one more time
Years
Merged with the Help thread sticky.

You can rematch people via the phone; here's a link of when you can call who. http://www.serebii.net/heartgoldsoulsilver/rematch.shtml (You can call as often as you like in a timeslot, over and over).

Besides that, it's wild pokemon (Victory Road), trainers in kanto when you go there (loads of them and no need to take on gym leaders before them) and there may be some you missed in Johto too (try west of Cianwood, and surfing south of Goldenrod and in Union Cave).

Years
  • Seen Jun 25, 2012
I was wondering; I know about the six pokemon/day limit for uploading GBA pokemon into Platinum, but I was wondering if I could upload my pokemon every day before I reach pal park, or will the new ones I upload overwrite the old ones?

I'm curious because if I can just upload a set of pokemon each day I play, and then when I reach the Pal Park postgame I can just collect them all at once, it won't be so bad. But I'd hate to upload all my pokemon, only to lose them all but for the final six.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
I was wondering; I know about the six pokemon/day limit for uploading GBA pokemon into Platinum, but I was wondering if I could upload my pokemon every day before I reach pal park, or will the new ones I upload overwrite the old ones?

I'm curious because if I can just upload a set of pokemon each day I play, and then when I reach the Pal Park postgame I can just collect them all at once, it won't be so bad. But I'd hate to upload all my pokemon, only to lose them all but for the final six.

The option to transfer Pokemon from Gen III to IV isn't available pre-National Dex, if that's what you're wondering. And if you didn't get to Route 221 pre-National Dex, I think the option will be available.

Anyone here can correct me if I'm wrong (since it's been a while since I used Pal Park in D/P/Pt), but after accessing Pal Park, you must catch the Pokemon you transfer, then wait 24 hours before you can transfer and catch again, assuming you used the same game the second time.

Years
  • Seen Jun 25, 2012
I've seen the option on the startup screen even before I start the game. But that may be because the previous owner was far enough ahead to enable it, I haven't started a new save of my own, so it's possible. Thank you!

Years
  • Seen Jul 15, 2012
Spawning Feebas

So Like, I spent about 2 hours fishing in the Mt. Coronet basement, FINALLY found a Feebas, then my game crashed and the feebas spawning spot reset on me. Bloody wonderful.

Does anyone know how to utilize the action replay code for catching Feebas? I know this is pretty much cheating but there is no way on Earth that I am to stare at my character looking for exclamation marks and run away from 2000 Gyarados' and Whiscashes again. I hate Intimidate.

Thanks in advance for helping

EDIT:
Yeah, I ended up finding some random AR about the mining museum after another 2 hours of fruitless searching.

Thanks for moving my post though, I'll remember to ask basic questions here in the future =P

Last edited:

bobandbill

one more time
Years
I'll merge with the Help thread but in all honesty you'd have more luck hitting google I'd think for AR codes.

Years
  • Seen Jun 26, 2012
Okay, I'm playing Heart Gold and am struggling to catch the roaming, legendary dog pokemon. Would someone with mutiple master balls trade me some, please?

Years
  • Seen Jul 15, 2012
This is going to be my first time EV training a team ._.
I spent an hour or two looking up gamefaqs and stats on Smogon -

Came up with this, for the current team that I'm leveling-

Eevee (Espeon) - speed/special attk
Rotom - speed/special attk
Drifblim - speed/special attk (or should I include HP?)
Dragonair (Dragonite) - speed/phys attk
Milotic - special attk/special def
Lucario - phys attk/speed

I noticed that the first three pokemon seem a bit redundant with the speed/spec attk.... although I'm not really aiming for some sort of PVP team or anything like that

I'm guessing Rotom might be a bit weaker because I'm on Diamond and his alternate forms apparently aren't available

The thing I'm stuck on now is that some of the pokemon (especially the Eevee, lvl 5-31) were previously trained) on a myriad of wild pokemon (I think it was mostly special attk and HP) before I found out about this EV stuffs. I know there are berries to erase the effort values, so should I just completely erase all of their preexisting EV's with berries? Or is it early enough that I can just start as is?

I also have Pokerus, though this is very recent

Thanks in advance =]

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
This is going to be my first time EV training a team ._.
I spent an hour or two looking up gamefaqs and stats on Smogon -

Came up with this, for the current team that I'm leveling-

Eevee (Espeon) - speed/special attk
Rotom - speed/special attk
Drifblim - speed/special attk (or should I include HP?)
Dragonair (Dragonite) - speed/phys attk
Milotic - special attk/special def
Lucario - phys attk/speed

I noticed that the first three pokemon seem a bit redundant with the speed/spec attk.... although I'm not really aiming for some sort of PVP team or anything like that

I'm guessing Rotom might be a bit weaker because I'm on Diamond and his alternate forms apparently aren't available

The thing I'm stuck on now is that some of the pokemon (especially the Eevee, lvl 5-31) were previously trained) on a myriad of wild pokemon (I think it was mostly special attk and HP) before I found out about this EV stuffs. I know there are berries to erase the effort values, so should I just completely erase all of their preexisting EV's with berries? Or is it early enough that I can just start as is?

I also have Pokerus, though this is very recent

Thanks in advance =]

Wipe them clean. If you want the Ev's to be perfect erase em' all! :)

Years
  • Seen Jul 15, 2012
kk =o

Is there a way to tell when an EV's at zero? I'll be a bit hard pressed to provide that many berries ._.

EDIT: nvm xD

Last edited:

bobandbill

one more time
Years
Okay, I'm playing Heart Gold and am struggling to catch the roaming, legendary dog pokemon. Would someone with mutiple master balls trade me some, please?
Try asking in the Trade Corner section (there's a quick trade thread sticky in its subsection which would be ideal for that sort of request); this section is more for answering questions rather than fulfilling trade requests.

T!M

Four Category MoTY (VG) Winner
Years
Okay this is either a glitch or some retarded hidden ability, but everytime I tried to use an attack against Koga's SWALOT he either avoided the attack or it missed. He used no Double Team or Evasiveness raising ability. WTF happened?

SURF with a 100 Hit Rate still missed, and I used it 5 times.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
Okay this is either a glitch or some retarded hidden ability, but everytime I tried to use an attack against Koga's SWALOT he either avoided the attack or it missed. He used no Double Team or Evasiveness raising ability. WTF happened?

SURF with a 100 Hit Rate still missed, and I used it 5 times.

That may just be really really bad luck. Or maybe the Pokèmon using it had the Hustle ability?

Koga's Swalot knows; Yawn, Amnesia, Pain Split & Sludge Bomb so it wasn't an evasion problem. ):

Years
  • Seen Jun 29, 2012
EV Training Help

Hey guys.  Sorry if this is in the wrong place I thought this was the best spot unless I overlooked a section.

Anyway just a couple of questions.

If your get the 255 EVs when do you get the stat points?  I've seen videos where people will gain like 68 attack points in one level and others say it is gradual all the way to 100.  I'm not really sure how it happens.

Next question, can you get EVs from trainers? Or just wild Pokemon?

Finally, say I'm trying to EV speed.  If I have a nature that hampers speed will it cancel it out?

Thanks for any help.  I'm really wanting to learn how to EV train but I'm not really sure what I'm doing lol.

Years
  • Seen Jul 15, 2012
Iono... Started EV training yesterday and some of my pokemon (lvl 30s) have been getting up to 9 speed or specattk per level @_@

Um, one question, once my pokemon max out their EV it doesn't matter at all what pokemon they battle?

Last edited:

T!M

Four Category MoTY (VG) Winner
Years
Hey guys.  Sorry if this is in the wrong place I thought this was the best spot unless I overlooked a section.

Anyway just a couple of questions.

If your get the 255 EVs when do you get the stat points?  I've seen videos where people will gain like 68 attack points in one level and others say it is gradual all the way to 100.  I'm not really sure how it happens.

Next question, can you get EVs from trainers? Or just wild Pokemon?

Finally, say I'm trying to EV speed.  If I have a nature that hampers speed will it cancel it out?

Thanks for any help.  I'm really wanting to learn how to EV train but I'm not really sure what I'm doing lol.

1. It's gradual but I believe levels past 50 are levels that the EV Training begins to show the fruits of your labor. But once you hit level 100, the training fully pays off.

2. You can get EV from both trainers and Wild Pokemon but depending on the Pokemon you battle or encounter, results in the attribute the EV will be placed in.

3. No it will not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back