• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Map Rating/Review Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Binary

え?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 7, 2014
route2.jpg

My map.
Please rate it.

Route1.jpg

Sorry about the grid

D-Trogh

Dead
Years
Map Name: NoNameYet

Map Game: Pokémon FireRed

Comments: Not 100% completed, should be the first (or one of the first) town(s) in my (upcomming) hack. (?)

Mapshot: Link

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
@ Celebi XD..,
I love the maps! But I only wished you removed first the grids...

Anyways.., it looks really good.

1st map= 6/10... 2nd map= 9/10

@ D-Trogh..,

I love it so!

The color is beautiful! Wonderful piece of art!

9/10!

destinedjagold

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
Hey, thanks! Well, keep it up! The mapping I mean...

Years
Map Name: Purity Forest

Map Game: Pokemon FireRed

Comments: The edges look awkward mainly because of the limitations of border blocks (Blocks can't be 3x4), and I didn't want the edges to look glitchy during gameplay. This map replaced Viridian Forest.

Purity Forest

Gerri Shin

  
Years
Map Name: Purity Forest

Map Game: Pokemon FireRed

Comments: The edges look awkward mainly because of the limitations of border blocks (Blocks can't be 3x4), and I didn't want the edges to look glitchy during gameplay. This map replaced Viridian Forest.

Purity Forest

9.5/10 Very good I saw no tile errors. the layout is very appealing, and grass tiles are active yet subtle enough for long play.
very good job.
(i'm guessing that the cave will lead to a legendary, or similar) type event?)

SerenadeDS

Trainer
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 7, 2013
Purity Forest is sweet. The tiles go good together.. The only thing I have a problem with is the Long Green Bushes around the cave, otherwise, awsome job!

~ 9.5/10

EarthsVisitor

Jolly Good
Years
Map Name Doesn't have one xD

Map Game Ruby

Comments I'm just practicing mapping random towns just now, so if I can get things that I can improve on that'll be great :D

http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l293/myradbox/map01.png

Personally, I'd give it a 5/10
It feels empty and unorganized.
The tiles are pretty good though.

Try to avoid a "box-like" look, and avoid from so many rocks, add more trees, don't make the coastline so typical.
:)

Ooka

[font=Maven Pro][color=#A75EE2]Cosmic[/color][/fon
Years
Well, this is just a re-do of Route 1, but keep in mind that it is Route 1 in the hack, so it still has to look like that route.

omgitworked2.jpg

And I'm still editing the edges of the road so bear with me here.

cooley

///Keepin' it simple
Years
Well, this is just a re-do of Route 1, but keep in mind that it is Route 1 in the hack, so it still has to look like that route.

omgitworked2.jpg

And I'm still editing the edges of the road so bear with me here.
Score: 8.5/10

Reason: I can tell you used the wrong colors on the tree tile, you might want to change that a bit.

Ooka

Years
Score: 8.5/10

Reason: I can tell you used the wrong colors on the tree tile, you might want to change that a bit.

Well, I changed it again, and I couldn't add shading under the trees because it wouldn't match the Palette I'm using.

here.jpg

In that one, the edges of the Route are now filled in.

Oh, and the flowers are just to fill in empty space.

cooley

///Keepin' it simple
Years
Map Name: LEGER VILLE

Map Game: FIRERED

Mapshot: (ATTACHED)

Comments: This map is still in development. DO NOT STEAL, Because I saved as .png

destinedjagold

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
@ ~Kazaam~...,
well, the grass seems to look like small hearts... the trees are somewhat simple.., but really creatively made... 7/10...

@ cooley..,
a bit empty... if its a town,then it's a bit empty..,
but if it's a route, then it's good looking, but needs grasses...
anyways, amazingly creative!
8/10...

Ooka

Years
@ ~Kazaam~...,
well, the grass seems to look like small hearts... the trees are somewhat simple.., but really creatively made... 7/10...

@ cooley..,
a bit empty... if its a town,then it's a bit empty..,
but if it's a route, then it's good looking, but needs grasses...
anyways, amazingly creative!
8/10...

Um, that's Don Patches grass.

destinedjagold

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
Um, that's Don Patches grass.

oh.., okay... my bad... ^^

well... I have a map here and I want you all to rate it...

this is one of the routes in my hack... please don't copy...

Spoiler:

Gerri Shin

  
Years
Well, I changed it again, and I couldn't add shading under the trees because it wouldn't match the Palette I'm using.

Spoiler:

In that one, the edges of the Route are now filled in.

Oh, and the flowers are just to fill in empty space.

umm, I'd have to give this a 5/10
the layout (in comparison to rte 1 orig.) is very good
however, the grass seems too much like revamp of older gen games and the trees are a little too spindly for my taste.
as for the pallet, a little on the washed out side, could use a little definition.
other than that its a very good rendition of rte 1.

Jagold said:
well... I have a map here and I want you all to rate it...

this is one of the routes in my hack... please don't copy...

8/10
the only reason for the 8 is that the regular grass tiles still seem too busy for me.
you should try using the bigger trees more, the little trees are great for smaller places, but for larger clumps like in this map the bigger trees might serve a little better.
(I know your using the RSE basic style mountains so this doesn't count against you, but the mountains look too much like shaped lumps of clay. those tiles always did remind me of that wierd clayish dirt. ah well. maybe sometime in the future you change those tiles?)

(warning: the former paragraphs are my opinion only. please do not criticize my own opinion. I won't if you won't. thanks)

Last edited:

Ooka

Years
umm, I'd have to give this a 5/10
the layout (in comparison to rte 1 orig.) is very good
however, the grass seems too much like revamp of older gen games and the trees are a little too spindly for my taste.
as for the pallet, a little on the washed out side, could use a little definition.
other than that its a very good rendition of rte 1.

Well, unfortunatly for you, when my hack is released, the whole game will have that color grass, unless I choose to change it, well I redid the flowers for anyone who rated me lower because of them.

mappage.jpg

Gerri Shin

  
Years
~Kazaam~ said:
Well, unfortunatly for you, when my hack is released, the whole game will have that color grass, unless I choose to change it, well I redid the flowers for anyone who rated me lower because of them.

you should try adding a couple more trees in the empty spots on the map. that might help it seem more full and active.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back