• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What's your heritage?

Retom

Retomplay on Youtube
Years
Dutch but 150 years ago it was german, and somewhere there was one polish person but thats long ago nothing of that but family started out german

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I'm Irish, English, French, and Native American (Cherokee). I'm not sure which is the most dominant, though. But I know my great great grandmother was full-blooded Cherokee. That's as far back as I know to anyone being 100% of something, but my family came from Europe in the late 1800's/early 1900's so who knows. lol

Years
I never understood why people would stake their claim to like six or more different nationalities if 1 random guy generations back happened to be from a different country. If your ancestors were German and you have Germanic features then by all means say that but in my eyes it's a little preposterous, especially if you have no connection to the culture. I'd say it's only important to mention the genetic traits present in you, if you're 1/32nd Chinese and don't look Chinese at all then why does it matter...
Honestly, it's just bragging rights most of the time, a claim of one's identity. But we all have different standards of what ethnicities are "cool", so it's not necessarily mean-spirited to say what yours are if you like them.

As a minor note, genetic traits can still be present if they're not visible; this is why once in a while you hear of a white couple having a black baby. Who knows; maybe the Chinese traits are even in one's phenotype but just not visible.

Years
All I know for sure is that I have Irish and Mexican ancestry. I have no clue if there's anything else, but I'm sure there is. I have more Irish in me than Mexican, I think.

Danny0317

Fluorite's back, brah
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Nov 19, 2023
Both of my parents are from Colombia, and I was born in Colombia, so I guess that makes me 100% Colombian..

braixen

the supreme meme
Years
i'm native american on one half and german on the other (my ancestors actually came from prussia, though, when it existed)

it's funny because i don't look native american at all now, but when i was born i was really tan with black hair with a blonde streak down the middle. now i'm super white and my hair went from black to blonde to brown naturally. i still get tan super easily tho

Honest

Hi!
Years
As far as I'm aware, my lineage goes down Bangladesh. First person in my entire extended family not born there. Aren't I the ideal role model?

Phantom1

[css-div="font-size: 12px; font-variant: small-cap
Years
Let's see, I'm mostly Romanian, Polish, and Irish.

But I have a lot of other nationalities in there as well, just not as much. I'm Romanian, Polish, Irish, English, Scottish, French, Czech, Dutch, Swede...

Thing is I was adopted and I only know for sure my mother's heritage. The Romanian comes from my biological father's side, as well as a little Irish, but that's all I know. I do know my great grandmother was straight from Poland to America in the late 1920's, a good time before the invasion of Poland.

If I had my adopted father's heritage I would have Native (Cherokee), and Russian to the list.

LilyAnn

All your base are belong to us
Years
As far as I'm aware of, I'm German and Austrian. That's all I can remember. My family is a bit on the big side so there's prob more.... :p

New Eden

Ascension to heaven
Years
I'm about 25% Cherokee and ~13%-25% English. The rest of me is a European melting pot, and having a French last name despite it hardly being apart of my background.

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
Years
My family has been around the West Virginia-Ohio line since the 1800s. Before that I can't tell, but I know my great great grandmother owned slaves, so that puts us in the "we've been here a little bit" category. Both sides of my family resided in West Virginia almost exclusively, but with my parents' generation pretty much everyone dispersed to places like Carolina, California, Colorado, and Ohio.

Ethnically, that might make me English? IDK. Every male in my family has grown up to be a mountain man covered in hair, so there's that. I know my extended uncle used to burn their trash when he was a kid, 'cause they lived out in the sticks.

Back