• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your game ideas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 23, 2014
Pokemon Indie Game Project

Hi there. I am new in the scene.

I have tried alone to use Essentials, but I have no skills to use it an my free time does not allow me to develop them. Althought, i have the general guides of a story:

- The action takes place in a new region, where player begins to talk with his professor, named PINE. Further there will be actions in Johto and, finally, in Kanto.
- The professor happens to be connected to a Pokemon University that has its headquarters in one city of this region (2nd badge city).
- In order to help the research of the university, where ELM, OAK, PINE and other prevous carachters are, the players must get a pokemon.
- The starters are the one of jhoto or three new pokemon.

I don't need to take this really fast. I just want to create something I couln't as a kid. I am opened to ideas and I can work on the map and story.

I understand this is a big project and will be taken in a friendly, calm prespective. Just for the pleasure of creating a game. All credits will be given and the programmers/graphists ideas will be considered and choosen beside my ideas (that are poorly connected with the possibilities of the software). I will learn domething more about programming the events in Essentials.

I hope someone spporta my idea and takes this project forward.

Thank You :)

Below there is a stoy I created, but it can be all rewritten, of course.

Story (first lines):
- The player begins in a route where he lives with his/her grandmother. She tells him to go to schoo. Nearby the road, there is a city with the school. His rival (who happens to be a friend and classmate) tells the hero to go to the school where he/she talks to ELM and PINE.
- ELM and PINE talk to him, telling a dtory that happened 20 years ago in Johto, with a guy named CHRIS that was given a Chikorita. The reaearch stopped because of a thief stealing a Cynda. Two years after, a girl appeared and took the totodile (just like in the anime series).
- The research will happen again with the hero and the parter/rival.
- In the second city there will be a small building that is connected to the university. It works as a training place. Then, the hero goes to a third city and fourth city to get 2 badges.
- When he/she gets 2 badges, he/she is allowed in the poke university and must choose a specialization (Pokenon...): evoluiton, power, history and miths, types and human relations.
- He must take a quest with 6 lessons, batteling trainers and teachers. Misty and Brok could be 2 teachers, for instance. In the end, he/she will be given another pokemon. The last teacher is: Profesor JOHN (new), ELM, JOACHIM (new), MISTY and BROOK, according to the specialization of the player. If he completes, he will be given a charmander, eeve, squirtle bulbassour and pikachu by professor OAK.
- then he roams troght the first region completing 6 badges.
- He will be noticed that CHRIS is actually a long lost uncle that came back from his great jurney. He will have a Meganium and an Entei.
- The suicoone will be nearby a city in the first region, in a snow land.
- The player completes all badges, tem rocket, and so on.
- After this he is led to an event, an archaeological excavation that delas with all the subjects: the historical evolution of pokemon, the stongest ancient pokemon, ancient civilizations that lived with pokemons, the types of fossil pokemons and, finally, how did the relation between pokemon has a paper on human/pokemon evolution, ancient societies daylife, etc, etc.
- After the excavation, the player shall take the region's league where he defeats his uncle, CHRIS.
- Then he is sent to new bark town by a new road that leads to the town and crosses johto from noth to south west of the cave and indigo league (this is the reoad where the 3 starters appear, rarely. they were caught here by ELM).
- He takes the quest of complting 5 of the 8 badges of johto.
- He is sent to the indigo league.
- He defeats Gary.
- Then there will be 5 badges in Kanto.
- Then the league again.
- Somewhere in Johto he battles the girl from 20 years ago that has a Raikou and a Frealigatr.
- After the 16 badges there will be Oak, who battles him.
- Then he goest to the last cave, meeting ASH (or RED, whatever) (older this time), that lives with Molly. The player battles them.
- the he could go and catch a Mew and a MissingNo, a new pokemon actually added in this game :D

these are just guidelines I made very cuickly, they can be obviously changed.

Have a good day.

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
Pokemon Oregon Version

Here's my Pokemon game Pokemon Oregon Version (unless I come up with a different title that maybe better) the region is based off of as the current title suggests the state of Oregon and a little bit of the surrounding states.

I am using Pokemon Essentials to make my project.

This is my project I started at the end of last year, I got my idea from my liking of the string theory (there being an infinite number of parallel universes) and obviously my home state.

You are a 19 year old boy/girl living with your parents and younger brothers/sisters and baby sister/brother. One day as you are going into town to find work, you unknowingly travel between dimensions into the Pokemon world, you only find out that you cross dimensions when you save a shiny Eevee that was cast out because of its color and is starving to death, after you get it to the Pokemon Center and go home (the Pokemon version of it) to rest, the nurse in charge of it delvers the Pokedex, a trainer card, the Eevee, and 5 empty Pokeballs, to you; you decide to challenge the Oregon League, and along the way you find out how you got here. Will you try to figure out how to get back to your reality or will you decide to stay in the world of Pokemon?

One starter Pokemon: Shiny Anticipation Eevee Female
A Doctor Who post-game sidequest with an unobtainable Fakemon (try to guess what it is)
Dual and Triple-Type Gyms
An Elite 5
5 safari zones (only one you can fly to though)
The ability to drive
The ability to buy a Condo (Post-game only)
The ability to have relationships (straight only also T-rated only)
Mini-games
Avatar Customization (no cross-dressing)
The need to eat and sleep
And more to come

Plot: 50% complete
Mapping: <1%
Scripting: 0%
Overall: .1%

I only have the Town Map done (It maybe changed later though)

Last edited:

Whitney's Shaymin

Creator Of Pokemon Grace
Years
Pokemon Grace

Hello Pokecommunity, I am Whitney's Shaymin and have had a idea spring from my cranium and into my fingers to type onto the keyboard xD. Anyways here's the idea for the game!

Name: Pokemon Grace

Story: The setting is about 3 years before G/S/C. (Right after the events of R/B/Y) In the region know as Manako a girl stands in front of her TV, the girl is named Whitney. She knows that today is the day to get her pokemon. Now this region is diferent with giving out starters, they don't give you three choices, you get to pick! And this girl knows who exactly to pick, Miltank. Now with Miltank you must go and defeat the 8 gyms and Elite 4 so you can achieve your dream, becoming a gym leader yourself. Any you're going to do it all with the help of Miltank.

Characters:

Whitney
2135278.png

Whitney is a new trainer, who is focused on her one dream, to become a gym leader some day.

Blue
kcnjuq.png

Blue is a guy who had just lost his place as champion, taking this loss hard he decided to try to have another journey but this time in another region.

This is what I got so far!

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 54
  • Mars
  • Seen Sep 7, 2016
Pokemon Universal

Pokemon Universal

I recently started making this game about a month go. I was playing Pokemon raptor and I said to my self, "Why is there not a good game that has a lot of cool features like Fakemon and not normal intros in the same game?" So I looked up how to make a ROM hack but quickly learned that making a game with Pokemon essentials was a better idea. So I got rmxp and Pokemon essentials and started making a game. You might say this game is not original. You would be right and wrong. I am using ideas from past games but not exactly. I am twisting lots of them up and putting them into one game. My hope is that it will be the mega evolution of Pokemon itself.

Story

Millions of years ago there were humans on this planet, but they were not our ancestors. They lived alongside Pokemon very different then the ones today. The latest advancement in technology was a black and blue cube that they called Pocket-Squares. In the pocket squares the humans would capture Pokemon and use them to gain power over their world. There was one group of people that were better then the rest. The original member, Khan (Open to name changes), along with his twelve friends, wanted to become the strongest trainer in the world. He soon became the ruler and set up all twelve of his friends so no on could get to him while he studied Pokemon. He then discovered a legendary Pokemon, the elemental Pokemon (I don't have a name yet), along with the Pokemon of death. He found out that the elemental Pokemon could fuse the molecules of Pokemon into one. So he used the death Pokemon to get to rare Pokemon and then he fused them to try and find the ultimate Pokemon. He then realized that finding rare Pokemon himself was to hard so he recruited thousands of people to find them for him. He called his newly found team, "Team Universal." Soon he became consumed in his work and became desperate for power. He started corrupting the world of hatred and sorrow, almost getting rid of all the Pokemon for his personal army. At the time the only three legendary Pokemon were the elemental Pokemon, the Pokemon of destruction, and Arceus. After Arceus became aware of the current events he tried to stop it immediately. With the help of a young boy (Suggestions are encouraged) Arceus gave birth to the 53 legendary Pokemon that we all know and love. (kinda) It was only with them that Arceus and the young boy defeated Khan and his two new Pokemon. Arceus then banished the two Pokemon and gave the Pokemon of replication permission to replicate all of the people that had existed before. Then Yveltal destroyed the current world to make place for a new one. Finally Xerneas watched over the world making it so that no-one would do to much harm.

Present day:

Xerneas has fallen asleep an the consequences are terrible. A thought to be destroyed organization rose from the ashes and developed a Pokemon fuser based off of DNA they found from the Elemental Pokemon. But because it is not the elemental Pokemon itself, the machine uses vast amounts of energy and dispenses large amounts of waste. Some of the Pokemon created by the machine go terribly wrong and cause massive earth-quakes and tsunamis. You have moved to the _____ Region (Again open to names) with no awareness of the current happenings. Pokemon Professor Poplar has asked you to come to his lab but did not tell you why.

Characters

Hero
View attachment 71406
(Your Chosen Name)
You have moved to the _____ Region unaware of the current events. After you get your first Pokemon you strive to become the greatest trainer of all.

Peter Petrelli
View attachment 71411
Peter has chased after his friend (Insert Chosen Name) to the _________ Region with Claire not far behind. He is (Insert Chosen Name)'s best friend but is awkward at the same time.

Claire Bennet
View attachment 71410
Claire moves to the ________ Region with Peter and (Insert Chosen Name). She has a crush on (Insert Chosen Name) but will not tell him and is smart.

Professor Poplar
View attachment 71412
Professor Poplar is the twin of Professor Oak and enemy of Khan's replica. He gives (Insert Chosen Name), Peter, and Claire their Pokemon.

Khan
Khan is the leader of Team Universal and is trying to find the ultimate pokemon by fusing them.

Features

• All 719 Pokemon
  • Full Fakemon Pokedex
  • More Legendaries
  • New Enemy Team
  • New Professor and Rivals
  • New Region
  • New Gyms, Elite Four, and Champion
  • Complete Fusion Pokedex
  • And Always, New Story

I always take suggestions and constructive criticism! Please give feed back!

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 25, 2014
I do have somewhat of an idea for a game. It doesn't currently have a name or any form of a story, but I'll focus on what I've came up with so far.

The game (if I ever even get it started) will have fakemon as well as original Pokémon. It was originally going to be just fakemon but then I came up with two that were related to real Pokémon. I have 40-ish fakemon planned (already have stats, types and abilities still working on names and moves) but there may be more later. The only hints about the fakemon for now is that the starters' types are Dark, Fighting, and Psychic and the two mentioned above are an evolution of Ariados and a pre-evolution of Absol. Not all official Pokémon will be available.

With new Pokémon comes new moves (very unlikely that new abilities will be added) and of course a new and currently unnamed region. The locations I've thought of so far a volcanic cave, a snowy forest, a swamp, a desert, and some place with a castle. I've also considered the ordering and type of the gyms:

1:Flying

2:Fighting

3:Fire

4:Grass

5:Dark

6:Ice

7:Fairy

8: Steel

Types and ordering of gyms may change. I'd also like the game to be a bit more difficult than the official ones.

That's all for now!

Avadon14

Little Pocket Monster
Years
Pokemon: Legacy of Darkness

POKEMON
Legacy of Darkness
[S-HIGHLIGHT](Made using Pokemon Essentials ver 13+)[/S-HIGHLIGHT]
[S-HIGHLIGHT]*Please note that this game is in VERY early development*[/S-HIGHLIGHT]

What?
Back in 2003, In the midst of generation 3, a game developing company by the name of 'Genius Sonority' released a Pokemon side game by the name of 'Pokemon Colosseum.' Though the core mechanics of it was extremely similar, it had several features that had made it stand out from the core series such as
  • A darker story
  • New 'Shadow Pokemon'
  • The ability to steal Pokemon from other trainers, albeit it was only the ability to steal the aforementioned 'Shadow Pokemon'
  • A new region, Orre, based off America, instead of the usual Japan based region
The reception was overall good, and the game got a large amount of good reviews, and even sold well enough to spawn a sequel, 'Pokemon XD: Gale of Darkness'

Why?
Though a sequel was made, it was not as well-received, as it used a lot of recycle materials, an only slightly improved engine, and was often compared to the original saying that "not much has changed since the original." Thus, the series ended there, with not much hope for a sequel.
I want to change that.
Though there will probably never be a true sequel, we can make a fan-sequel, and Improve all the things that need improving. Though i May not me the most skilled, I am dedicated to make my vision a reality.

What's it about?
20 years after the events 'Pokemon XD: Gale of Darkness,' Orre was in complete peace, and without the lawlessness and treachery of Cipher and Team Snagem, as well as defenses if something as such would ever arise, showed no signs of war or hatred. Pokemon were even migrating from the region to the north, Unova, as well as the pokemon that had been imported from Johto and Hoenn, and now Kalos and Kanto as well, had began to breed and populate Orre.
But just as it had after the original shadow incident, the seemingly endless peace ends. Though nothing massive has happened, There are self-proclaimed 'vigilantes', who claim to be members of the resurrected Cipher, stealing pokemon and then disappearing with them.

Planned Features
All 722(?) Pokemon catchable or obtainable in some way
Fitting new locations
Return of important or memorable locations
An improved Colosseum system
Pokespots, which can increase chances of catching rare Pokemon
Fully explorable routes
Return of all notable characters in some way
A Colosseum similar to the PWT of B2W2
+Much more to be listed later

Screenshots, art, etc.
(Screenshots to come!)

Credits:
All creators and contributors of Pokemon Essentials V13
Nintendo + Gamefreak for creating Pokemon
Genius Sonority for Developing Pokemon Colosseum, and Pokemon XD: Gale of Darkness

rainbowpawa

Wobbuffet Fan
Years
Pokemon: Cherry Blossoms

Pokemon: Cherry Blossoms
======================
Pokemon: Cherry Blossoms features a new region; Cehrey Region and an original story. You play as a female trainer, who dreamt of being a Pokemon Master. Her parents always be there to support her. Until one day, her dad never returned from work. Her dad works as a researcher, and was sent to an undiscovered island with some crews for a few days. When months has passed, she knows that her dad didnt make it... Her mom was worried sick, but you didnt lose hope. You worked harder to become the Pokemon Master, to make your dad happy. But meanwhile, an evil plan is hatching... A new evil team; Team Scarlet was planning to set the world upside down. And you will save the world. You'll met new rivals, new friends, and best of all, NO FAKEMONS! :D
=======================
This game is not affiliated with Gamefreak, Nintendo, or The Pokemon Company. I just make a fan game of it. ;)

SUPPORT! :D

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Mar 23, 2015
Pokemon Red 2: Red Harder(title pending)
Made with pokemon essentials
You start off as Red and Misty's child who just turned 10 and begins a pokemonadventure from Pallet Town with Blue being the new professor. You choose a starter from 16 choices(1 for each type) and gathering 16 badges to qualify for the world tournament.. It begins by going to pewter city and immediately being sent to another region because Kanto is too difficult. The first town in the new region has a gym with only bidoof until the gym leader who has 2 bidoof and a bidoof-magicarp fusion. Other gym ideas involve Bronies with different forms of Rapidash, fighting gym with lead by an aged Bruno with Mega Machamp who has added some tribal tattoos, a church with only unevolved pokemon, and Michael Bay. The main antagonist is Regigigas who has captured arceus, palkia, dialga, and giratina.

Some NPC'S can be recruited and hangout in the user's pirate ship. They can follow you on command and each contributes differently(hm's, double ev's, heal slightly after battle, double battle, repel)

The story involves Team Steve lead by Steven in the new region and a revamped Team Rocket in Kanto. Kanto won't be like it was before as it has been 20 years(new towns, current towns heavily altered, new gyms)

Some fusion pokemon and new megas

Avadon14

Little Pocket Monster
Years
Pokemon: War

Note: This game contains mature and violent subjects, if this offends you, please leave.
Discretion is advised.

Pokémon: War
This Game is made with Pokemon Essentials

Story
Upon entering the Hall of Fame, A famous Pokemon Trainer returns home, and is greeted by his mother. Today is the day your adulthood is acknowledged, and that she hands you a note from your long deceased father. In the note, he tells you to go on just one more adventure. One to find out what really happened to him.

12 years ago, there was a war in the region of Kanto, They, Along with Johto, fought with Unova, allied at the time with Orre and Kalos. Even when the War ended, the relationships between the regions were tense, and to avoid any further conflicts, the whole war was covered up. Every casualty given a cover story. Every lost soldier, Forgotten.

But there's more to the story, hidden away on the top of Mt, Silver.
The story of a man, and a woman, and why they left their families behind.

Features

A Fully Explorable Kanto
A new story based on the Pokemon Kanto War Theory
Two Storylines dependant on chosen Gender
Play as Red's Father if you choose male
Play as Blue's Mother if you choose female
All 721 Pokemon Available in some way or Form
A Restructured Pokemon League with 4+ New gym Leaders
Visit select Locations in Kalos, Orre, Unova, and Johto
Learn the Origins of many well-known Characters such as Giovanni, Lance, and Mew-Two
+Much More!
[/LIST]

Current Progress - V0.0.1

No Demo yet
Up to Mt. Moon Planned
Up to Viridian City Beta mapped
Up to Route 1 scripted

Next up: 0.0.2

Re-make Title Screen
Plan Cerulean City
Map Pewter City and Mt. Moon
Script Viridian City
Script Female Beginning

Demo at or by 0.2.0

Screenshots:
tumblr_n3n6k7ilnQ1rc3j86o1_250.png

Credits:
To all creators and contributors of Pokemon Essentials
Gamefreak
Nintendo​

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 20, 2014
Pokemon: The Great Kanto War

Tools used: RMXP, Paint (should I be using others?)

Introduction to project: I started this project because I wish I could've seen Pokemon go down its intended route. What I mean is, Pokemon wasn't intended to be as child-friendly as it has become. Which is why I wanted to personally create a game where I could explain an event that Nintendo never touched upon: The Great Kanto War.

Plot:

Prologue:
You live in a time before the Red/Blue times. People live in villages separated from "Monsters." A certain group of people exist at the time, who train these "Monsters" and go around villages offering protection from other "Monsters."
Until one day, Silph Co. announces the invention of the Pocket Ball (Pokeball).
It allows the user to catch a "Monster"
The possibilities of what people can do with caught "Monsters" is infinite.
Regions all around the world approve of the invention.
Due to this invention, the "Monsters" are hereby known as Pocket Monsters (Pokemon).

However, Kanto falls under attack by Pokemon, and successfully stop the exports from going to the other regions. Kanto remains alone in this battle, without knowing what is causing the Pokemon to attack more than ever!

Plot:
You are drafted to the Kanto Army, along with most men of the region.
You are given a pre-caught Pokemon, trained to battle and catch, and begin taking on missions.
You discover that there is more than meets the eye behind the Pokemon attacks.
And the truth behind the Pokeball... and Silph Co's true intentions.

Ending:
If you liked what you read so far, please do not spoil the ending:
Spoiler:

Key Chapters:
Sgt. Surge and Pikachu
Birth of Team Rocket
Blaine and Dr. Fuji's Mewtwo experiment
The Porygon Project
The Birth of the Legendary Dogs
etc.

Features:
  • Significantly more difficult to catch strong Pokemon (other Pokeballs besides the Pokeball do not exist yet!)
  • Higher need for items (Pokecenters do not exist at this time)
  • Can only be in possession of 6 Pokemon throughout the whole game (No "Box Storage" at this time, which means you will have to let go of a Pokemon when you catch a 7th)
  • Rare chance of encountering a Pokemon in the wild that is TOO high powered (must be able to flee from battle somehow)
  • Player begins in the Safari Zone, which is an uninhabited forest to the north of Fuschia, which serves as training grounds for newly drafted soldiers (You can catch a variety of Pokemon to start off your game feeling good!)

Progress Report:
Very infant stage

Credits:
Pokemon Essentials
Deviant Art for the random Sprites I found so far... (will credit if I end up using them)
Soundcloud for possible soundtracks.

Developer's Note:
I recently got into making my own Pokemon game, and I have a long way to go before this can be finalized.

Any questions or concerns, please reply!

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Oct 22, 2014
Pokémon Pyrite - Where Pokémon & Humans are friends...

[Logo is comming soon!]

The Project

Pokémon Pyrite is developed by an experienced programmer: iMeetYourMum.

This is a project I started to think there was little, I draw Development ( Stuff & other). I want to do more than complete games, game miles possibilities.
It is important to me and I do not intend to abandon it like that.

Story

You play Tyro , a young boy. It is not like other boys his age ; it has no Pokémon .
Her mother find too noisy and clutter . Starting school, Tyro met a Pokémon abandoned. It will keep secretly and take him to the Professor Laron , Professor Pokémon corner , for the young
boy has no knowledge of Pokemon ... The boy's mother will learn how to obtain this Pokémon , and will leave Tyro go on an adventure with his Pokémon . Unfortunately , the adventure is going to be complicated ...
So he goes to the nearby town to show his Pokémon friends, Tyro meeting two people, trying to capture a Pokémon , so brutal. Pokémon suffered so Tyro decided to face the two people
Pokémon duel . But who are these two people? Team Darkness . It is an organization whose sole purpose is to capture Pokémon to be able to utilisers in scientific experiments.
Tyro will be the one , with his friends , to be able to stop . Your turn to you to vaincres !

The world of Kayro

The universe of Kayro is vast , offering you thousands of possibilities. You will find everything! Absolutely all activities , for exemple Basketball , fighting everywhere, because you are not the only trainer see even new events, sometimes down to specific horraires .
Kayro also full of secrets , many secrets. Kayro mysteriously hides inédis legendary Pokémon . You will learn their legends to be able to find ... you play .
But of course , relaxation and study are not all the universe, there is also the driving ! You can find 8 arenas in Kayro . And if 8 is not enough , know that two arenas are hidden somewhere in the map. Good luck.
Pokémon are your friends , help them !

Team Darkness

It is headed by a person Anonymous , known as The Murder . The team is very dark, and aims to use the Pokémon in Scientific experiments.
You will find " Elites Darkness" , the members of the Team, and the commanders , everywhere ...

Characters (current)

Tyro : A young boy , whom you play , which has Kayro discover and stop with Team Darkness Pokémon !

X: A mysterious boy, friendly, always ready to help you, but is never there to affontrez Team Darknes ...

Nator : Your friends, it will help you everywhere, it is ready for anything, but you also ready to compete in fighting Pokémon !

Prof. Laron : This is the Pokémon professor . He studied, and will you entrust the Pokédex and Pokéshow so that you can go on an adventure .

Other characters gets filled ...

Obliveon

Burn...
Years
ev7w46.jpg
1giwl3.jpg

P o k e m o n Q u a r t z a n d P o k e m o n O b s i d i a n

N e w F e a t u r e s
Cyber Type - The Cyber Type has been discovered in the Mara Region's computers and technical systems! Most Cyber Types are also Electric Types and most can control various, if not all, computer systems and circuitry. Well known Pokemon like Porygon have been reclassified as Cyber Types.​

Virus Status - Unlike most Pokemon, Cyber Types are not affected by moves that put them to Sleep or cause a Confused status. Instead, they can be affected by moves that cause a Virus Status that results in similar symptoms as Sleep or Confused Statuses.​

Freeze Ball - A Pokeball for catching Ice Type Pokemon. It has the added effect of freezing the target if it fails to capture.​

Burnball-A Pokeball made to catch Fire Types. It leaves a burn if it fails.​

Kinball-A Pokeball for catching the evolution or pre-evolution of a Pokemon the trainer has already caught. [higher catch rate on evo and prevo]​

Digitalball-A Pokeball created to catch Cyber Type Pokemon.​

G e n e r a l P l o t l i n e
[Player] hase just moved to Newbeg Town. The Prof. asks [Player] to go on a journey for him because he thinks there might be something wrong with the balance of the region, and he's right. [Player] will go around winning Gym Badges (as is par for Pokemon Games), and collecting and sending things to the Prof. using a Cawnting. Eventually, [Player] runs into the evil Team Chrono. They're lead by Zeus and his two Admins, Artemis and Aries. They want to alter time so that they can create a new future with no discrimination or prejudice and chase the two legendaries Quarzion and Obsidiarz to do it. Quarzion is the Pokemon of the Future and is their main focus. Obsidiarz is the Pokemon of the Past, and is being chased for the sole purpose of bringing forth Quarzion as the two Pokemon hate each other. [Player] tries to quell the Legendaries' ensuing fighting, but can't. There is a brilliant flash and a portal opens up and transports everyone to the Future/Past (depending on the version. [Player] takes the Cybernetic Essence that was collected along the way [which was released with Obsidiarz and is used to call Quarzion] and the Mineral Essence that Zeus discarded [used to call Obsidiarz, was taken from a museum] and the two begin to glow and combine to form the Clash Essence which calls forth Garnezent. Garnezent, true to its title becomes the middleground and quells the two fighting Pokemon by befriending [Player] and then fighting both of them one at a time (which means [Player] gets to keep Garnezent and one Pokemon depending on which is wanted). The evil Team is disbanded after Zeus realizes that he is going about everything in the wrong way and that there are other ways of making his future plans come true. He thanks [Player] for helping him realize his mistakes and gives [Player] a rare Pokemon.​

F u t u r e V a r i a t i o n
After the time portal is opened up, everyone is transported to the Future where they see what would come to take place if Zeus succeeded with his plans. It ends up being a distopia and Zeus is horrified at what has taken place, while the two Pokemon continue to feud. ([Player] takes Cybernetic Essence, etc.)​

P a s t V a r i a t i o n
[Player] isvpulled through a time portal with the others and ends up viewing the creation of Garnezent, just like in the legends. However, being lords of Time, the two feuding Pokemon recognize [Player] and try to destroy [Player] because Team Chrono happens to be surrounding [Player] and the two Pokemon really hate them. Garnezent saves [Player], but doesn't know what to do to stop the two Pokemon. As a solution, it puts them into a time bubble and shows them the Present time. The destruction they've wrought. They stop fighting each other and help to restore the land then go their seperate ways. Garnezent returns everyone to their own time. (The evil Team is disbanded, etc.)​

T h e R e g i o n a n d P o k e d e x
The Region and Pokedex can be found here: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=298284
However, this is the unupdated version. A more accurate, newer version can be found here: http://champion-frita.deviantart.com/gallery/45654904

The Pokedex is still being updated and changed, but there are several Pokemon that have definite designs that will not be changed.​

M a r a R e g i o n P e o p l e
Prof. Thornwood - Prof. Thornwood, commonly referred to as just Thornwood, is the Mara Region Pokemon Professor. He's a kindhearted old man, but very eccentric (just look at his mustache) and incredibly energetic for his age. He has a "spur of the moment" sort of personality and usually just runs off or shows back up on a whim, completely at random.​

Rosalie Thornwood - Rosalie is Thornwood's granddaughter and junior assistant. She's about 8, and has grown up around Pokemon. She's quiet, a little shy, and very curious and polite. Her grandmother asked her to follow Thornwood around to make sure he doesn't get hurt. Even though she's not 10, Thornwood gave her a Pokemon anyway which, while against the rules, has actually saved his life and career on more than one occasion.​

Generic Player Names - These are the generic names that the would automatically provide players upon start up (like RED and ASH in the old Yellow Version games)
Female Generic Names: Isabelle/Rose/Quartz
Male Generic Names: Jake/Chris/Obsidian​

The Rival - Daemon is your rival, and is a little bit full of himself. His overconfidence is matched with a nasty temper, and he often throws a bit of a tantrum when he loses. Though it seems like he thinks little of you, he does in fact see you as a legitimate rival and someone to compete against.​

Gym Leaders
Anne - Anne is the leader of the Normav Gym, and while she uses Normal and Fairy Types she should not be taken lightly. She's a fun-loving person with a bubbly personality and fairly average as far as that goes. Her clothing is a little out there in brightness though.​

Zachary - The leader of the Sparkplug City Gym, Zachary is a serious techie. He loves all things electronic, so it stands to reason that he loves his Electric and Cyber Type Pokemon as well. He's not too social, so don't expect much conversation.​

Antennia - Antennia is the leader of the Kindleton Gym and a Bug Type Pokemon user. She loves fashion, and has her own design studio with an entire line of Bug inspired clothing and accessories.​

Cascadia - Cascadia is the Water Type loving Gym Leader of Oceanna. Just like the city she lives in, she loves the water and is always busy with all kinds of things.​

Forrest - Forrest leads the Treetop Town Gym and is an avid lover of nature and anything to do with Grass Type Pokemon. Not surprisingly, all his Pokemon are of the Grass Type.​

Jack - Icy Blue eyed Jack is the leader of the Snow's Breath Village Gym and uses mainly Ice Types. Unlike most Ice Type trainers, his personality hasn't been touched by the cold, leaving him a warm and pleasant person to be around.​

Quetzal and Quatal - Quetzal and Quatal are twin brothers and the leaders of the Ciudad de Muerte Gym. They love Day of the Dead celebrations and are distinctly unique despite being identical on the outside. Quetzal loves the traditional style of celebration and decoration while Quatal loves the modern style. One thing they both agree on though, is that they both love Ghost Type Pokemon.
(Quetzal is the leader who will be faced in Quartz, while Quatal will be the leader faced in Obsidian)​

Luna - Stylish Luna is the leader of the Shadyhollow Gym and loves Dark Types. She isn't exactly confident, but she does her best. She's proud of the way her gym is designed though.​

Elite Four Elvira - The first of the Elite Four, Elvira uses Poison Type Pokemon. She's got a very confident, intense personality and her battling style reflects the kind of Pokemon she uses.​

Elite Four Brawnson - Brawnson is a nice guy, if somewhat dimwitted. He's very strong, which is why he loves Fighting Types. He never backs down from a challenge and is seriously bummed when he loses one.​

Elite Four Allori - Allori is a little...different. She's rather cold and blunt, and doesn't really understand jokes or other social references. She uses Steel Type Pokemon, and has a resolve as tough as their armour.​

Elite Four Terrance - Terrance used to be a farmer, and had his Pokemon help him till the land. It's this past that has made them so strong. He put as much effort into raising his Pokemon as he did into raising crops. Naturally, he uses Ground Types.​

Champion Frita - Laid back Frita will take on any challenger, whether they're officially certified with all 8 Gym Badges or not. Frita loves Fire and Dragon Types, and has a lifelong shiny Charizard Pokemon Partner (like Pikachu with Ash) named Charlie. Being the Champion of Champions, Frita is the strongest of all of them so she's no pushover by any means.​

Zeus - Zeus is the leader of Team Chrono, and wants to make his plans come true no matter what the cost is. Despite this, he recognizes the significance of raising Pokemon with care and never treats them badly.​

Aries - Aries is the aggressive male Head Admin of Team Chrono, and Zeus' right hand man. He doesn't really see Zeus' point in doing all this, but he goes along with it anyway because it gives him the opportunity to battle.​

Artemis - Artemis is the female Head Admin of Team Chrono, and much more open minded that Aries. She can see every part of Zeus' plans and predict his decisions to a T. She's less aggressive than Aries, but is still a good battler.​

M a r a B a d g e s
Simple Badge: Boosts the Attack power of all Pokemon owned by the Trainer, plus all Pokemon level 20 and under will obey.​

Tech Badge: All Pokemon under level 30 will obey the Trainer.​

Pincer Badge: Boosts the Speed of all Pokemon owned by the Trainer, plus all Pokemon level 40 and below will obey.​

Tidal Badge: All Pokemon under level 50 will obey the Trainer.​

Canopy Badge: Boosts the Defense of all Pokemon owned by the Trainer, plus all Pokemon level 60 and under will obey.​

Frigid Badge: All Pokemon level 70 and under will obey the Trainer.​

Ancient Badge: Boosts the Special Attack and Special Defense of all Pokemon owned by the Trainer, plus all Pokemon level 80 and under will obey.​

Midnight Badge: All Pokemon will obey the Trainer.​

O t h e r M a r a I d e a s
-Story animations
-Visiting the Pokemon in the DayCare Yard
-Bringing back the singing Jigglypuff in the Pokemon Center from GenI
-Bringing back Secret Bases
-Having Pokémon that walk with the player​

W h a t W e ' d L i k e T o A c c o m p l i s h
I'd like this hack to be different from anything else that anyone has ever done. This game needs to be epic! I have big plans and big ideas! I'd like to use all the current Pokémon in this game as well as Mega Evolutions. Also, I'd like to have the opening animation be more like an actual mini movie opening like the old games used to do and less like a preview of what you'll be doing. I'd like the title screen to have an animated background, and I'd like to have completely new sounds for all of my fakemon and for the intro, etc. For the battles, I'd like to use the traditional battle music that is heard in the mini movie opening for FireRed and LeafGreen. I'd also like to have Trainer art like X and Y have, you know those mugshots that show up at the beginning of the battle, instead of battle sprites.

C u r r e n t P r o d u c t i o n T e a m: S a v a n n a S u n s e t P r o d u c t i o n s
xm4thk.png

Leader: Obliveon​

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Oct 18, 2023
Okay, this is just a suggestion of a plot rather than an actual game in the making:

On his sixteenth birthday the protagonist [Name], who lives in Baldwin city is told by his father Gordon, who works for Professor Grayson in the nearby laboratory that the professor has a gift for him. Arriving at the laboratory, Professor Grayson says he knows that [name] is keen on pokemon, and so gives him a pokedex which will allow him to record information about any pokemon he encounters.

Just then, the Professor's other assistant comes up, saying that Doctor Fulton, one of the Professor's friends who work in nearby Glenwood town has send a garbled email. Knowing that the Doctor is something of a perfectionist, this worries the Professor, and so he asks Gordon to take a pokemon and investigate. Gordon persuades [Name] to accompany him, saying it will help his education to encounter pokemon in the wild, away from the towns.

Arriving in Glenwood, Gordon and [Name] go over to the Doctor's house, only to find the door bashed in, and the Doctor and his assistant gone. They're then approached by an elderly man, who say he saw the Doctor and his assistant being kidnapped by several men in dark clothes. Gordon phones the Professor and reports this, and the Professor asks if Gordon can try to track down the culprits. Gordon agrees, and so the pair journey back to Baldwin, with a slight detour when Gordon show [Name] how to capture a pokemon, though it's ultimately unsuccessful.

Arriving back in Baldwin, Gordon and [Name] go back to the Professor's lab, where a pokeleague officer asks to be filled in on the details of the kidnapping. he then tells Gordon that though he can't prevent him from conducting his own investigation into the Doctor's kidnapping, that he shouldn't get in the way of the official one. After the officer leaves, Gordon asks [Name] if he'll help look for Doctor Fulton, but Professor Grayson interrupts, saying that since [Name] is only sixteen that he shouldn't be put in such a position. Gordon ponders this for a moment, then admits that the Professor is correct, and so wishes [Name] luck, and leaves. The Professor then gives [Name] another pokemon to take to start his own adventure as he wishes.

DarkDoom3000

Super Pokemon Eevee Edition
Years
Just throwing up my idea for a Super Pokemon Eevee Edition spinoff.
You would play as RED, it would take place in the final days of the first generation, shortly after RED has become champion, and is working for the Hypervisors (so a prequel to SPEE).

The game structure would be vastly different than normal pokemon games and SPEE too, instead focusing on shorter missions involving general peacekeeping of the Pokémon world.

Missions include fixing anamolies (glitches in the game), defeating corrupted pokemon, foiling team rocket, and trying to figure out who the mastermind is behind an assassination attempt against the Master Hypervisor.
It's storyline will lay the foundation and backstory of SPEE.

Each mission you start off with a fresh team of pokemon, and it is your job to try level them up in that mission as much you want, but there is a timelimit constantly ticking, which can be increased by completing subtasks in the mission.

It would in all likelyhood come out after i finish SPEE, and might just act as an expansion, allowing you to transfer your savefile back and forth between SPEE and this game, which will be named something like "Super Pokemon Origin Edition"

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Feb 27, 2024
Big pokemon Game idea

Hi there,

I have recently come up with an idea for a new pokemon region. It will include all of it's own pokemon (a whole bunch of new ones!) and a new storyline. Here we go!

POKEMON WITH 3 TYPES!!!!!!!

Evil teams : Team X

New Starters:

Kattorch, Tigrame, and Searlion = Fire/ ghost

Quifly, Jaylake , and Gustraquia = water/flying

Viplant, Cobleaf, and Anacontree = Grass/Poison

New types=
Gravity
Laser
Light
Abnormal
Sound
Glitch

Gyms=
normal
water
fight
Gravity
Ghost/fire
ice
dark
Laser

Misc.

Negative zone ( like distortion world, but eviler)
Name = Pokemon Plus/ Minus
More mega evolution.
De-evolution!
New safari Games.
CONTESTS GALORE!!!!!
Aerial Routes.
Arena battling (maybe) - All battles happen in a virtual arena/location , allowing TV-style dodges, counters, and Contest Moves. This idea would require a lot of reprogramming on the battle sequences, but it might work.
Ride more pokemon!
After the leauge- travel back to Kanto!

Some new pokemon ideas=

Shupplume - Skeareton = Ghost/fire
Totectric- Rock/psy/elec
Helichoptree- Fly/fight/grass
Gyraid- Gravity
Aileate- Abnormal
Draceon- Dragon eevelution
Serpectric- Water/electric
Cannontar- Laser/ Fire
MissingNo.- Glitch ( no, duh)

I would like if I could get support and feedback on this before I start on making it.

EDIT: I have attached a beta sprite for Quifly to this post- but i dont have much talent in it, as it is my first pokemon sprite. I also attached a beta pokedex word document

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Sep 29, 2015
Hey Nicco! I see that you're new here, so from one newbie to another, welcome! It's nice to (sorta) meet you!

I know the idea of Pokemon with three types sounds cool on paper but there would be a lot more involved in coding this than you would likely think and I'm not sure it would really work at all... Wouldn't there be like 8x weaknesses? Wouldn't that ruin things? The whole thing could be turned upside down. I just think two types was done for a reason. But I could be wrong!

Your starters names sound Pokemon-ish and believable but the team name sounds somewhat generic... Although mine probably does as well. As for how they look I would visit http://fantasticfakemon.com/ for some inspiration. If you contact the makers of the Fakemon sometimes they will allow public use.

I want to see what a Laser or Sound Pokemon would look like haha! First thing that comes to mind is Jigglypuff. The rest of your ideas sound pretty good too although I haven't seen a wow factor. For early stages of development you don't want to be over ambitious though so I think you're on the right path.

If you want to keep in touch or ever pass ideas back and forth I'm always down for that! Just add me and PM me whenever!

Take care man!

indieoutloud

Alkaiser

Superhero
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Aug 1, 2014
Hey nicco 139, here's just another newbie commenting on your idea.

The three types may sound cool but you'll have to work a lot on it. Keep in mind that you'll have to balance all the gameplay from scratch in order to 3-types to work. If you don't do that 3-types will be too over powered and break the "gameplay balance".

Same with the new types. You need to create then new types affinity, change types of Pokemon and attacks, create some new brand attacks trying to compensate the gameplay, etc. Is a pretty cool idea, but very difficult. Also, remember that using all new Pokemon means that you have to create an attack set for those Pokemon, new stats too. I hope you can create a nice and innovative game with your ideas :D

Years
  • Seen Apr 15, 2023
Pokemon: Superhero Edition

280px_English_Pok_mon_logo.png

Spoiler:

So yeah, essentially I found myself being in way over my head, I practiced using both software for hacking Fire Red roms as well as learning RMXP but didn't find myself really advancing in either as I feel this is a rather complex thing to achieve. I mainly just specialize in Photoshop, and bit off more than I could chew, but I thought I'd at least share the idea so as it wasn't a complete waste of time and perhaps maybe inspire someone else to do a similar or as unusual Pokemon hack/remake.

Anyways, adios.

Years
  • Age 64
  • Seen Feb 9, 2016
Hi!

My game is going to be called Pokémon: Infinite Version.

Setting: The game is going to take place in Kanto, Johto, and maybe Sevii Islands or Hoenn. It takes place 40 years before R/B/Y, so a lot of cities or towns are going to have massive changes. There are going to be new areas in all regions, like an icy zone in Kanto.

Pokémon Available: All the 719 Pokémon will be available. Modern Pokémon like Mewtwo or Genesect still will be available. I'm not going to spoil the methods of obtaining them.

Young Characters: You are going to meet a lot of the Pokémon Characters, like Blaine, Drake, Samuel Oak or Agatha, and some characters will be related to other characters in the Pokémon Games.

New Features! : I am still thinking about what brand-new features should I include.

Years
Felt this would be a good time to share my fan game idea.

Over the past few weeks, I've been plotting a new game idea, and trying out Pokemon Essentials and RPG Maker. The game takes place in a new region with a combination of old and new pokemon. Most of the new pokemon will be based on various mythological creatures such as the minotaur, an Acheri (ghost that brings diseases to people), Empusa (female demon that seduces men), griffin, Horus, etc. However some types of pokemon aren't represented very well in mythology such as bug and steel types, so I'm taking ideas from a few enemies of the Legend Of Zelda series.

The game will have eight gyms and a league, but also a focus on shadow pokemon, since a lot of fan games haven't used this feature. I want to do a lot of content in between the gyms, make the overworld varied, and even include a sky location that connects the major sections of the overworld.

What does everyone think? If this becomes successful enough I would love to add more but this is what I've come up with so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back