• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Recolours and Fusions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joey's Rattata

Top Percentage
Years
Amateur? I wouldn't say it could pass for official, yet, but this isn't amateur. You're quite good!

I especially like your Palkia/Groudon. Now THAT might be able to pass for official in my opinion.

I also rather like your Farfetch'd, but the leek bugs me. If you wanted to make it into a staff/scythe, you should have removed/edit the line. It looks a little awkward as-is.

I also really like your Electric Scizor, my only problem with it is the shading in the middle is too noticeable, if you get what I mean.

Also, I laughed majorly at Torchic+Mudkip+Treecko. Thanks for that.

Also, your devamps are quite good. I'd like to see more of those, I really like them.

Rossay

Quack quack
Years
I really like your devamps. Your splices are a little... weird; that said, I'm not a fan of splices (especially ones where it's so obvious which pokemon have been used to make them).

Years
  • Seen Mar 10, 2013
Deja Vu said:
devamps.png

Are these meant to conform to any particular style? Because they're nothing like the shading a GSC sprite has (And they're too big for a Gameboy)

Psyduck has quite a few additional colours dotted around the sprite that shouldn't be there in 4 colours and it doesn't have any outline colouring at all, while Slugma would probably look better with a colours used for it's eyes and some bits of shading and outlining. Magcargo has two almost identical shades of the same colour in it's sprite and a dark-grey-but-not-black shade too.

Slowpoke has 7 colours overall (Including two very similar whites with different tints) while Slowbro has too many colours again and has no shading at all on his tail, or coloured outlines. The lack of a full outline between each section of the Shellder also makes it look strange.

The Dratini line all suffer from the same like of outline colours and little specks of additional colours that shouldn't be present and Entei resembles a Gen I sprite's shading more and has like 8 colours.

The choice of colours in general on all the devamps make them look dull and washed-out, opposed to GSC sprites which used bright colours in lieu of not being able to shade sprites and to make them stand out.

Years
Merged Deja Vu's sprite thread to the Sprite Recolours and Fusions thread. If you would like your own seperate showcase thread, you will need atleast 4 or more scratch and/or original sprites.

Years
It's not that you need 4 different image files, it's that you need 4 different image files that contain scratch and original pixel art, some examples such as, scratch Fakemon, screen mock-ups, repose, etc.

Collen

I have returned.
Years
  • Seen Jan 1, 2015
Here is my fusion. I tried not to make it too obvious on which Pokemon the parts are from, but it's still pretty easy to tell.
bulbersnout.png

It's called Busnout (Bud-Snout), despite the image name.

.Missingno

Viridian City Gym Leader
Years
Here is my fusion. I tried not to make it too obvious on which Pokemon the parts are from, but it's still pretty easy to tell.
bulbersnout.png

It's called Busnout (Bud-Snout), despite the image name.

all i can tell is a Bulbasuar lol

Persian.png

kjs.png

Loudred.png

Last edited:

Takenlife

Epic Bokemob Sprita
Years
  • Seen Oct 4, 2011
First Pokemon Sprites

Im not sure if you will be able to these sprite but here the sprites are anyway... these are my first so yes the sprites are not that good...

Takenlife

Epic Bokemob Sprita
Years
  • Seen Oct 4, 2011
Here are a few more sorry about the sprites having to be so small.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Apr 2, 2011
These are pretty good for first sprites. Mashups and recolors is a great place to start with spriting. One way to help yourself is to learn how dithering and different shading works and looks now and when you do your own sprites you'll be able to use it like a pro.

As far as the sprites go though my only complaint is the color pallete on some of them looks a little funky and on the regigas golurk mashup the left arm is messed up. It is infront of the shoulder plate instead of dropping behind it and the perspective of the arm itself is wrong. The shading of that arm is off entirely since it is a dead copy of the right arm. Also now that I look closely the legs don't fit right either.

Over all though it's a good effort.

Takenlife

Epic Bokemob Sprita
Years
  • Seen Oct 4, 2011
These are pretty good for first sprites. Mashups and recolors is a great place to start with spriting. One way to help yourself is to learn how dithering and different shading works and looks now and when you do your own sprites you'll be able to use it like a pro.

As far as the sprites go though my only complaint is the color pallete on some of them looks a little funky and on the regigas golurk mashup the left arm is messed up. It is infront of the shoulder plate instead of dropping behind it and the perspective of the arm itself is wrong. The shading of that arm is off entirely since it is a dead copy of the right arm. Also now that I look closely the legs don't fit right either.

Over all though it's a good effort.
Yeah the golurk was messed up because the sprite I had for him wasnt very good but thanks for the good comment

Takenlife

Epic Bokemob Sprita
Years
  • Seen Oct 4, 2011
Even more! The gigalith one is my very first

Last edited:

Takenlife

Epic Bokemob Sprita
Years
  • Seen Oct 4, 2011
I've been practicing using multiple pokemon and here is my best yet! Hopefully there will be more like this to come! Sorry again that its small...

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen yesterday
Moving this to the Recolors and Fusions thread, which is where you should have posted this. Doing so keeps this section clean.

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
Years
Just putting this fusion here.

I would tell you what it's a fusion of, but that'll spoil the fun. ;) Apart from the shading, all of the parts belong to already existant Pokemon, including the head shape, the eyes, the mouth, the body etc.

Takenlife

Epic Bokemob Sprita
Years
  • Seen Oct 4, 2011
Im not sure if this is going to be big enough to see but I think it looks hippo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back