• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Research: Chaos Rush's 649 on Ruby Project

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
By sacrificing a box you get 80x30=2400 savable space.

Yes, there WILL be a storage shortage problem when you're dealing with an hack with x2 pokemon but i think it's a good compromise.

Just make sure to disable access to box 14 by every means
But then I have to locate where the Box 14 data is stored in the ram, then edit the routine that loads the boxes to prevent box 14, neither of which I have any idea how to do.

By no means is your idea a bad one, but keep in mind that I have very little ASM knowledge and have no idea how to do anything when it comes to ram re-pointing.

Not to mention there's a good chance Ruby has enough space in the RAM, considering how it saves the least data out of all the GBA games.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Apr 13, 2024
Just stumbled upon this project today and it's a really cool idea. Keep up the excellent work guys! :D I'm looking forward to seeing the final product.

Last edited:

Pingouin_7

By the way, I like the way you decided to handle forme changes.
It's the best way to do it without having to be knowledgeable in ASM editing.
I assume the items are key items that don't get consumed once you change forme?

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Apr 13, 2024
Yeah, that's a good idea for dealing with the numerous Pokemon that have different formes. What are you gonna do about Pokemon such as Arceus with 17 (18 if you include ???-type, I thought I heard it has a sprite for it) formes? Will it evolve, for example, like this? Normal-type > Fire-type > Water-type > other types > Normal-type?

Also, another idea for the Brave Bird animation is the attacking phase of Sky Attack. Also Luster Purge could be used for a variety of different moves and would look pretty nice imo.

Another thing... I envy your spriting abilities. They all look so good. *is jealous*

Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
Since it's taking LIKE SERIOUSLY FOREVER to insert updated movesets, I decided since I'm not going to post anything for a while, I might as well have something to show:

http://imageshack.us/clip/my-videos/825/g0w.mp4/
(this video contains Flare Blitz, Seed Bomb, Aqua Tail, Inferno, and Shadow Claw)
EDIT: so um the video doesn't work crap ill upload it somewhere else soon

~~~~~~~
By the way, I like the way you decided to handle forme changes.
It's the best way to do it without having to be knowledgeable in ASM editing.
I assume the items are key items that don't get consumed once you change forme?
Well I actually haven't implemented the new items yet, that was just a test using existing items. But using them as Key Items sounds like a good idea.

Yeah, that's a good idea for dealing with the numerous Pokemon that have different formes. What are you gonna do about Pokemon such as Arceus with 17 (18 if you include ???-type, I thought I heard it has a sprite for it) formes? Will it evolve, for example, like this? Normal-type > Fire-type > Water-type > other types > Normal-type?

Also, another idea for the Brave Bird animation is the attacking phase of Sky Attack. Also Luster Purge could be used for a variety of different moves and would look pretty nice imo.

Another thing... I envy your spriting abilities. They all look so good. *is jealous*
About Arceus, I'm not entirely sure, but I'll do it somehow. I have creative ideas.

And yes, I was thinking about simply using the Sky Attack phase 2 animation, though possibly with a different background to differentiate it. And yes I've already used Luster Purge's animation for several new moves.

not to brag about my art, but I wish more people cared about sprites so I didn't have to sprite all this stuff alone ;_;

Last edited:

PKMN Trainer Alison

I'll follow you into the dark.
Years
With arceus, Maybe you could do an eevee like evolution depending on which "stone" you use. Then those forms all evolve back into the original form. I don't know, it was the best I could contribute to this awesome project.

Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
With arceus, Maybe you could do an eevee like evolution depending on which "stone" you use. Then those forms all evolve back into the original form. I don't know, it was the best I could contribute to this awesome project.
You can only have up to 5 evolutions. I already know what I'm going to do with Eevee, but I'm not too sure about Arceus yet.

Pingouin_7

How about keeping only the Normal forme Arceus?
Or keeping only 5 formes.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Apr 13, 2024
so um the video doesn't work crap ill upload it somewhere else soon

~~~~~

About Arceus, I'm not entirely sure, but I'll do it somehow. I have creative ideas.

And yes, I was thinking about simply using the Sky Attack phase 2 animation, though possibly with a different background to differentiate it. And yes I've already used Luster Purge's animation for several new moves.

not to brag about my art, but I wish more people cared about sprites so I didn't have to sprite all this stuff alone ;_;

I can't wait to watch it! Also, I wish I could help... but I can't sprite. I fail horribly. :( Anyways, Game Freak should be offering you money for your sprites... they're just that awesome.

Rayziken 2

Beginning ROM Hacker
Years
  • Seen Sep 9, 2016
Perhaps you could make a logo that's half of the move's type (Like Grass) and category (Like Special). I'll make them all for you.

EDIT: Couldn't make them properly, the halfway line isn't exactly in the middle, and I can't find a good diagonal half line.

Last edited:

Teh Blazer

Divider of Zero
Years
I must say, this is very impressive! I like how you cut bits from moves and re-use them to create new ones. It's pretty awesome.

Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
Perhaps you could make a logo that's half of the move's type (Like Grass) and category (Like Special). I'll make them all for you.

EDIT: Couldn't make them properly, the halfway line isn't exactly in the middle, and I can't find a good diagonal half line.
Don't even bother, because I already know what I'm going to do (I will destroy Pokemon Contests! mwahahahah). Not to mention your method would involve creating an extra 17 new types, which is laughably ridiculous and tedious.

I must say, this is very impressive! I like how you cut bits from moves and re-use them to create new ones. It's pretty awesome.
Well that's not exactly what I did, I re-pointed all the tables associated with moves and simply added new moves, and currently most of the new moves use existing animations (EXCEPT BRAVE BIRD HAS A CUSTOM ANIMATION :DDDDDDD). But thanks anyways :D

Oh, and the reason why I won't be releasing anything for a while is because I'm currently in the process of updating every Pokemon's moveset. And it's taking literally forever ;____;

Last edited:

Speedster

The Unknown
Years
Oh, and the reason why I won't be releasing anything for a while is because I'm currently in the process of updating every Pokemon's moveset. And it's taking literally forever ;____;
Well as I read you said you found that one hack that had B/W move graphics inserted so I'm guessing that'll help speed up the process.

Rayziken 2

Beginning ROM Hacker
Years
  • Seen Sep 9, 2016
That would be a good idea. My only problem is that the B/W graphics hurt my eyes whenever I play the game, including the move ones.

Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
Well as I read you said you found that one hack that had B/W move graphics inserted so I'm guessing that'll help speed up the process.
Um no I said Pokemon Vega has Gen IV attacks in it. I don't think it has Gen V.

Also I was talking about each and every individual Pokemon's moveset. Not the game's moveset, but the Pokemon's. I have to do 386 of them. And I've only done 40 so far.

SkieTheKitsune

Hi, I'm FoxMan! I physically cannot change my user
Years
>nitpicky post even though no one cares
Actually, Vega has 22 custom Gen V moves. C:

Anyway, I'm looking forward to this, so I'll be steadily following it. Keep up the good work. :D

Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
Please do not give up. :0 Im looking forward to this!
Haven't given up, still working on movesets. Yes, it's taking THAT long.

Currently have up to Kadabra (#64) complete.

That's 64 movesets inserted. Only 322 to go. (585 if I include Gen IV and V)
*sigh* -____________-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back