• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Request a Moveset / Simple Q&A / Breeding Questions

S+M staff are great

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Maybe

• Total voters

jab2033

Exit Light, Enter Night
Years
Here's an Infernape I want for my team. I need some opinions. This is for a Gen IV OU team, BTW.

Infernape @Expert Belt???
Naive/Blaze
66 Atk/252 SpAtk /192 Spe
-Flamethrower
-Close Combat
-
-

Not sure about the last two slots. Here are the options I'm leaning towards:

A)Thunderpunch + Hidden Power Ice

B)Grass Knot + HP Ice

C)HP Grass + Thunderpunch

I'm leaning most towards option A, as that moveset hits 12/17 types Super-Effectively and gives me grounds to use the Expert Belt. I'd rather not use the Life Orb or Choice items on this Ape, as it has a lot of variety and I'd like to be able to pick my moves and not have to deal with LO's recoil. The Ape is already frail as it is and the recoil does it no favors. Thunderpunch can also OHKO Gyarados and can deal more damage to Vaporeon and Suicune than Grass Knot...

I'd also like opinions on my EV spread. I did use Smogon's EV spread, as that's my main source for competitive battling. But their special-based MixApe uses one physical attack. If I go with TPunch, I'll have two and might need to change it up.

dreyko

Isolated System.
Years
Eelecktross can do a lot. XD;
Spoiler:

thanks!! i like the acid spray set and i think i will use it. now all i need is a modest tynamo and a thunderstone =)

Back