• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Objection! ~ The Ace Attorney Fan Club

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
Who'd have thought, all these years later, it'd finally be getting an adaptation. And there's been demand for it- less so lately than in its earlier days, but hey, now it will be reaching a much broader audience where previously they'd just make Phoenix Wright jokes without ever having played the games. Not that anything's wrong with that, of course, but it's good that more people will finally get to experience it. Now about that studio...

In regards to the vid:
I was a big fan of T&T's Objection theme back in the day. Same with the DD Objection theme that was a remake and its own song, as if to denote and highlight the return of Phoenix.

Now, though, it seems they're simply trying to make the Trials and Tribulations Objection theme Wright's character theme, using the original song as a base an original theme off of it. That's fine, though it's somewhat disappointing. I wouldn't mind them harking back to the days when each game had its own original Objection theme that you kind of identified with the game (and often times with its atmosphere and themes).

Bay

Years
While I like the slightly Asian twist for Objection!, machomuu made a good point in that the way the Obejection theme sounded differently in the original trilogy gave each gave a different atmosphere. As for the anime, I'm pretty excited for it! One thing I like about Dual Destinies are the anime cutscenes, so hopefully this anime will be just as good. Should be interesting how certain scenes will play out in animation form.

Years
I miss each game having a unique Objection theme for Phoenix in the original trilogy, too... But at least we can count on different Cornered/Pursuit and Cross-Examination themes and the like for AA6.

So is this anime going to be an adaptation of the first game/original trilogy or something? That's what I'm hoping for. None of the press statements have more details yet. I think most, if not all fans are looking for an adaptation, too... But there's a chance it could have original cases like in the official manga.

Bay

Years
So is this anime going to be an adaptation of the first game/original trilogy or something? That's what I'm hoping for. None of the press statements have more details yet. I think most, if not all fans are looking for an adaptation, too... But there's a chance it could have original cases like in the official manga.

I keep hearing it'll be the adaptation of the original anime.

While I'm here, I mentioned this in the AA6 thread, but I'll say it here too.

Spoiler:

Years
There's going to be an Ace Attorney anime? It's about freaking time! Also, I really hope that AA6 taking place in Kurain means Maya makes a return. Would be nice to see how she's changed over the years.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Oct 3, 2015
Username: Gamin_G
Favorite Character: Appolo Dual Destinies
I have played most of them except those on the 3DS. I have play the DD demo on the Iphone.

SyntaxRaven

The loudest raven
Years
An Ace Attorney fanclub? You had me before I even clicked the link.
I guess I should try starting a discussion, since I'm here.
Any thoughts on the upcoming Ace Attorney anime? Anything you'd like to see, any worries?
Personally, I hope Capcom gets a good animator. I mean, if they go too cheap, it may look ugly, you know?

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
Well Bones of Fullmetal Alchemist fame did the Dual Destinies cutscenes.

No way Capcom's shelling out for them, though. So long as it's not a no-name or Toei Animation, I'll be fine (though no-names can be fun). Kinda want someone eccentric like Shaft for gigs.

Years
As I've said earlier in the thread, I just would prefer an adaptation of the first game. Hopefully the anime would be at least 24 episodes and not too rushed. I wonder what the OP and ED would sound like? I imagine they would make remastered versions of key songs from the video game OST, too.

SyntaxRaven

The loudest raven
Years
The cutscenes were Bone's doing? Wow, I kinda can see that. High-action scenes are their specialty, and there were a lot of explosions, running, and throwing, things of that nature...
Anywho, I'm pretty confident it will be an adaption of the first game. I can almost garuntee it. During the announcement, they put up a picture of The Edge, Pheen, and Mayo, and what game stars all three of those people primarily?

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Jul 30, 2016
A fan club for my favorite game series!? Sign me up!
Username: Raizender
Favorite Character: (AJ:AA) Apollo Justice
What Ace Attorney games have you played so far?: All but Dai Gyakuten Saiban and Gyakuten Kenji 2

How did you first get in to the Ace Attorney series?: I remember watching an old "Let's Play" of the first game, was when I was first introduced to the spikey-haired lawyer. The more I watched, the more I was hooked in. After watching it all the way through, I wanted the game for myself.

What's your most surprising moment you encountered while playing the games?: That award has to go to Dual Destinies, when I found out that Bobby Fulbright was "The Phantom", I was shocked!

Which case do you think is the best in the series?: Bridge to the Turnabout- There is no forgetting how much of a roller-coaster Bridge to the Turnabout is. For the events of the past and present to come full circle, blew me away when I first played it.

UltimateThundrFang

Pokemon Expert
Years
I absolutely ADORE Ace Attorney! Sign me up for this discussion!
Username: UltimateThundrFang
Favorite Character: Prosecutor Godot, no doubt!
What Ace Attorney games have you played so far?: The original Trilogy and Dual Destines. I'm really looking forward to playing AJ:AA, AAI:ME, and pretty much every other game in the series!
How did you first get into the Ace Attorney series?: I saw a few episodes of SuperJeenius' Let's Play (spoiled the first case, but it looked WAY too easy to care), and fell in love with it! Bought the Trilogy and didn't regret it!
What's your most surprising moment you encountered while playing the games?: Honestly, when Matt Engarde was revealed to be the person he truly is, that caught me off guard the most. I really got invested in the case more after that. A close second was Terry Fawles death in 3-4.
Which case do you think is the best in the series?: It's tied between Farewell, My Turnabout and Bridge To The Turnabout. They're both beautifully done cases, and had tearjerking moments that'll forever keep me a big Ace Attorney fan!

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen today
It's been a while since I last saw this thread. Well, I suppose, it's as good of a time as ever for some closure.

I finally got around playing and beating both Dual Destinies and Professor Layton vs Phoenix Wright. Those where pretty much the only games that I still had to beat (not counting future titles, etc.). Honestly, I can't say that I'm impressed by the games. I wouldn't say they were terrible, but I can't say that were that great, either. Things sure got a lot easier in DD, especially the investigation parts, which I find pretty sad, because leaving different locations and returning to them later to find some more evidence was a nice explorative feature of the past games and seeing it gone, made me a little bit sad.

Bay

Years
Yay on the release date. I'll probably wait a bit until there's a discount, but maybe I'll try the demo to check out a bit of the beginning.

Years
  • Seen Feb 17, 2017
Username: GoldNoway
Favorite Character: Herman Crab
What Ace Attorney games have you played so far?: As a huge AA nerd, every single one of them except those available only in Japanese. Also watched the movie twice with the australian DVD (which offers the best subs ever for this movie, btw), and currently watching the awful, ugly, bad failure that is the anime. This crap just ruins everything. It's a torture to watch.

Bonus :
Spoiler:

Regarding Spirit of Justice, I'm quite excited to play the game next week, even if I'm affraid we'll not get a good work of translation. Well, can't be helped !

Last edited:

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
So, I just sprinted here after having reached the end of the second case of AA6, and...holy hell. HOLY HELL. This game...like...

I was impressed with the first case. It was funny (as in, I audibly laughed), they clearly stepped up their animation game, and they were a lot more creative from a game-character perspective- or how the two elements mingled. I really enjoyed it, I think it's my favorite first case of any AA game (though...Trials and Tribulations might contest that). Then I started the second case and put it off for a few weeks, somewhat worried that that was just a hook trial.

But holy hell. I know I sound like a broken record, but this game just blew AA5 out of the water in every conceivable way. Granted, I always felt AA5 was something of a lukewarm experience (albeit with some fun characters like Fulbright and showcasing a rather graceful transition to 3D)- I definitely liked it, but I couldn't say it was as engaging to me as its predecessors. But if we wanna talk about going all in, AA6...it goes all in. They spared no expense in doing anything that this case had to offer- to the point that I'm surprised that there are even any cases after this one. The animation's been fantastic (especially the breakdown, that'll easily go down as one of my favorites in the series), the characters were fun (and just the cutest puppy dog face for one of the existing character), the art (which there was a ton of0 a ridiculous amount even) was pretty fantastic, it had me laughing as much as the first case did, and it was just a joy practically the whole way through. I could go on and on, honestly- that I'd doubted this game was a shame, because it's easily making its way to the number two spot at least, if it keeps this up.

God...I missed Ace Attorney.

Back