• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

League of Legends

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
Years
  • Age 35
  • NCR
  • Seen Nov 11, 2019
The moment i saw that New Leblanc's wave clear consists of just WQ, i immediately said "Ok, i can definitely play this version of Leblanc" because everyone knows that 2 Button waveclear is such as huge perk to have.

inb4JustwatchedRedmercy'sNewLebvideo.

I got a boner from watching how much Outplay potential the new Leb has with a good understanding of her new R.

Yep, I can definitely play the new Leblanc once she goes into the live servers.

#LeblancBoners

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
Years
  • Age 35
  • NCR
  • Seen Nov 11, 2019
I just realized that the season ends at Nov. 7. Good thing I've done some of my league goals months ago so I don't really have to grind up anything other than Mastery Tokens.

Spoiler:

Regarding Preseason and Season 7, here's how I'll summarize the changes in my most honest opinion:

1) Plants in the jungle kinda blows. WE LIKED the feature of smiting the jungle monsters other then Blue and Red for extra buffs. Why would Riot remove a feature that everyone liked in exchange for this plants system that's honestly kinda dumb and offer very little use aside from that rather overpowered Honeydew plant.

2) I honestly don't like the changes for the Raptor and Krug camps. Simply adding in monsters to clear the damn thing? Really? Okay fine, later on it would be okay for them to be extra sources of gold but early clears especially for junglers that don't have the best AOE are going to be rather dickish.

3) The Lethality stat that replaces Flat Armor pen is kinda neat. A physical defense pen stat that actually scales well into the game but at the same time does not snowball very early on. It fits with Riot's philosophy or direction for the game.

4) The updates to the other champs other than the big for in Talon, Kat, Leb, and Rengar:

Khazix = Holy crap that update to the Q... sure Q does less damage and has a 1 second longer base cooldown but considering that IT CAN BE REDUCED by hitting isolated targets. Jesus christ, watching Khazix power clear isolated jungle camps like the Blue and Red buff and even Dragon by power spamming Q is nuts. Seriously. This Q change is so insane that you can legitimately run Lane Khazix again and pretty much out trade every melee champion in a matchup.

Shaco = Yep. They went there. They basically made Shaco scale with some pretty sick X% increases to his existing skills. His late game can get rather terrifying.

Akali = I like the changes to her passive and her W. The Change to her ulti kinda blows though.

Fizz = his updated W is rather interesting and I like how Chum the Waters work now, but it seems that his damage is less instantaneous. Thanks to his W now being an auto-attack reset and basically how it works, it makes running Jungle Fizz a hell of a lot smoother now.

Twitch = also had some updates too. Basically he's even more busted as a Jungler than ever before. Wanna play a stealth jungler with late game scaling, has more attack range and even more consistent damage output than Graves or Kindred, and is obviously ranged compared to Eve? Play Twitch.

5) RIP Youmus = Basically they removed the attack speed steroid from the active.

6) Changes to the Masteries = Some masteries such as Oppressor (+2.5% damage to champs under CC effects), and even Strength of the Ages were removed. However there are new masteries along with some changes to existing ones. The changes to the ferocity tree are kinda sick and twisted in a good way, though at the cost of nerfing Fervor of Battle a bit.

I am also glad that Solo/Duo queue is back but with S6 esque role selection now. Of course Autofill is still going to be an issue because of how nobody likes playing Support but considering that some of the support items that are coming out along with the Assassin update, I'm pretty sure people will consider

Years
Well at least SKT games vs ROX and SSG were kinda close compared to most other games at Worlds, even if only because SKT players were tilting hard (Bang rage quit near the end of one game, but they are trying to pass it off as as "I don't know what came over me", "How could I have done this", etc moment). Also oh god support MF, I have not seen a single one in my games do good, can people just stop picking this **** >-> .

Riot is planning on adding 10 bans next season, so RIP Yasuo, guess I won't bother playing ranked next season. I don't really understand all the hate though, do people seriously think Yasuo mains care? It's the end of the season so ranked doesn't matter and I can just instalock him in normals and play him there so honestly idgaf lol, and if the opponent tilts in normals under their false belief that Yasuo is broken then I can just enjoy a game where I become a raid boss because my opponent is too stubborn to learn how to play.

Looking forward to the assassin update though (okay not really for Talon), Katarina looks fun to play and I really like the Zed changes so I might pick up Zed again.

tokyodrift

[i]got me looking for attention[/i]
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 8, 2024
MF support really isn't anything new. It's been done in Korean solo queue prior to it being used in worlds. Even at that point, it seems to be effective with Ashe. The only time it was picked up was when Zyra was being played. Just longer range initiation/AoE damage. I haven't had any MF supports though. I HAVE seen a rise in bad Zyras though. Completely butchering my main :<
Zyra is the reason why I got to Plat this season. Played her prior to her being used in worlds lol.

my babies SKT won worlds again. Bang is honestly too cute.

Winter

[color=#bae5fc][font="Georgia"]KAMISATO ART: SOUME
Years
I remember that Reddit guide for MF Support and everyone just tore into the OP with unwarranted viciousness. It's like the NA/EU/other irrelevant regions need Korean validation on the Worlds stage to validate something that they didn't even bother to research and playtest.

And they wonder why there is a gap between Korea and the rest of the world lmao

tokyodrift

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 8, 2024
Korea has, and probably will always be on top. They take the game so much more seriously, even in solo queue. They have come up with a lot of builds. The armor pen builds are primarily from that region. They just experiment a lot more as well.

Years
I disagree. Korea wouldn't be on top if other regions actually bothered to learn to play on their own instead of just copying what Koreans do, which in turns leaves Koreans having way more experience on how to play the champions since they have been playing them for longer, which in turns just leaves them beating other regions easily.

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
Years
  • Age 35
  • NCR
  • Seen Nov 11, 2019
I've played League for 6 years and counting, I've reached some of the highest ranked ceilings I could go for from Plat (back in the days where Plat was considered High Elo btw ladies), Diamond, a short stint in Challenger before being demoted to Masters because of Inactivity, and beyond, though I've never really went into the competitive scene even though I had a couple of pristine opportunities such as amateur level competitions, I've realized something and this is what I've talked about to my friends.

Why is that of all Multiplayer games, League is somehow the game that can bring out the worst side in players? Is it because its F2P? Is it because at times Riot does not know the right direction for the game? Is it because a lot of players IN EVERY ELO becomes toxic and brings out their inner EDGY 13 year old?

I've come to the realization that it may have nothing to do with all of that. Its just that for some reason, League has a lot of things that make people tilt. Failed flashing over terrain that looks visibly possible to flash over? You suddenly get KO'd by an opponent because you thought you could get a hit confirm? At times the champ you are playing with isn't working when I mean not working, I don't mean you are winning with it, i mean to say, there are times that a champ's mechanics just suddenly crap or bug out. Basically those sudden moments of pure Bull sh*ttery happens. Things that should happen suddenly aren't happening.

Its kinda hard to understand what I'm trying to say here but if you've played League for more than a couple of years like what I've had, had played League for more hours than you've spend in other games, had many moments in-game where you simply call "BULL", "That should not happen!", "WHAT THE F**K, RIOT PLZ FIX?", maybe you know what I'm talking about.

I've realized this not only when I had some rather shoddy games but also when I'm watching other players play. I don't claim to be a REALLY GREAT league player even though i can confidently say that I can be competent when i need to, but I've seen a lot of players, even with my own friends suddenly crap out because they too also encountered some BS moments in game such as when gameplay mechanics aren't working as intended ("RIOT FIX PLZ" moments)

But to end the year with League, I decided to play a couple of Norms with my friends. For much of the following days, I'll just be following the PBE scene and do my best to be updated with the incoming Pre-season changes and hopefully be prepared for Season 7 and be back in my rightful place in the Mentally Challenged i mean Challenjour tier and at most within the top 100 Filipino League players in the ladder.

Some end results i had playing some Norms yesterday with a friend, followed by playing with the rest of my friends:

XyeZbLX.jpg

Duo Norms with my friend (Ezreal). Yep. It was one of those games where my entire team was just underperforming and I had to man up and steal everyone's farm since I was pretty much doing whatever i can to survive and eventually scale into Xin's Hypercarry status. I don't really have much to say other than I played my best in this game since my friend, the Ez, came from a pretty hard loss from one of his games previously and i had to make sure that I'd carry him into a win.
y6Tf3Rp.jpg

5-MAN Premade! I was dared by my friend(s) to play Fiora and bring out my inner Smeb. Sure, I don't mind metaslaving, heck I told my friends we should definitely metaslave and be prepared to lose by picking characters that we aren't really used to, save for our Sona player who is indeed a Sona main. We actually had a very challenging game in this considering that its been a while since me and my buddies played a 5-man premade but considering that the 4 of us were playing in the same internet cafe, while our Sona player was playing at home, we pulled through with our beastly communication and teamwork. Also the enemy team had a team comp that could have worked since their Ryze was just smashing our Kennen. Also, My fiora build > Everyone's Fiora build. Word up.

Incase people are wondering, yes I faced Top lane TF. Did what i should. I kinda smashed their TF since he thought that I was bad with Ripostes. Well, i was learning how to Riposte on the fly so I give him credit for that.

PD0ncDT.jpg

In case some people are wondering, that's Quinn top and Teemo Bot lane carry.

In a silly attempt to troll my friends into losing, I picked one of the worst possible junglers that I could use, the other in Elise. But for some reason, my body was telling me to play Lee because I've been watching a lot of Rush, the Former C9 Jungler who is now happily streaming in Korea, and his Lee and somehow I got inspired to bring out my inner meta-slave. Heck, all 4 of us in our premade were already ready to troll ourselves into having a fun time losing with our champ picks but surprisingly, things went out kinda well in our end. The Leona, which wasn't part of our premade was actually playing very well. The mid laner in our premade, the same Kennen that lost heavily against Ryze, kinda got smashed by the Kat. But at least he followed the Metaslave Aurelian build like what i told him to.

Also, me playing Lee and having some very clean plays is a rarity that happens once in a blue moon. But its always fun to play champs that one isn't used to since it greatly helps in improving.

So after all those 3 games, and some more games before those 3, this is pretty much how I end my League play time for this year. I'll be taking a break in playing League actively and just be updated with the PBE scene, be prepared for Season 7, etc. I'll be playing Overwatch full time for now and I'll see if that game makes me tilt even harder than what League does. (Actually Overwatch is even moer tilting than League already)

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
Years
Yay, with the assassin updates, Katarina won't be permabanned in low elo! She won't be a hate magnet anymore! I CAN PLAY HER AGAIN!!

Why is that of all Multiplayer games, League is somehow the game that can bring out the worst side in players? Is it because its F2P? Is it because at times Riot does not know the right direction for the game? Is it because a lot of players IN EVERY ELO becomes toxic and brings out their inner EDGY 13 year old?

To me, it's because there's the whole anonymity thing on LoL, where solo queuers don't know who they're playing with and stuff like that. It means that some people get that feeling that they can do whatever their heart desires with little repercussions, since nobody knows them personally. In short, flamers say stupid things because they dgaf, trolls do their thing because they don't care about who they're trolling. It's not like they're gonna get punched or something. Not to mention the idea of elo hell and such, and the competitive nature of LoL ranked brings out the bad side of anyone.

Also yeah, a lot of things do tilt people in LoL, one of mine's those supports who can't set up CS properly :I, unless I'm playing my main Jinx who can last hit super easily, I expect supps to know how to do that :'(

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
Years
  • Age 35
  • NCR
  • Seen Nov 11, 2019
To me, it's because there's the whole anonymity thing on LoL, where solo queuers don't know who they're playing with and stuff like that. It means that some people get that feeling that they can do whatever their heart desires with little repercussions, since nobody knows them personally. In short, flamers say stupid things because they dgaf, trolls do their thing because they don't care about who they're trolling. It's not like they're gonna get punched or something. Not to mention the idea of elo hell and such, and the competitive nature of LoL ranked brings out the bad side of anyone.

You pretty much just summed up the entire multiplayer scene in every multiplayer game, F2P or Pay to Play, in a nutshell but of course I respect all opinions ;).

I think this sample, IN A COMPETITIVE game, NA LCS in particular should emphasize my point in why League is really one of those games that has a loads of things that make people tilt because of BS things that happen in game, which really does bring out the worst in people. Again, has nothing to do with the in-game community. The game itself just really loves to work against you when it shouldn't be the case.

I mean just look at that? Suddenly getting creep blocked and having no way of getting out? Then Ekko lands a free kill?

I should have mentioned this previously but yey post count!

Winter

[color=#bae5fc][font="Georgia"]KAMISATO ART: SOUME
Years
The division system adds more salt into the festering and rotten tissues of a gaping wound that is the League community. It's so competitive and cutthroat to the point that it is absolutely disgusting. People put other people down just because they're of a higher rank and people who actually bother to mentor and help weaker players are just a minority. It's just hard to find levelheaded players who actually understand that League is a TEAM game not some SOLOPLAYER mode.

Last edited:

tokyodrift

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 8, 2024
The division system adds more salt into the festering and rotten tissues of a gaping wound that is the League community. It's so competitive and cutthroat to the point that it isn't absolutely disgusting. People put other people down just because they're of a higher rank and people who actually bother to mentor and help weaker players are just a minority. It's just hard to find levelheaded players who actually understand that League is a TEAM game not some SOLOPLAYER mode.

That's why I liked the old Elo system. There were no divisions, and there was a single ladder. Your elo was just a number and it was hidden iirc. It's been so long I can't remember lmfao.

Years
There are a lot of reasons LoL has worse toxicity levels than every other game:

-Toxicity is punished with chat restrictions for 5 games unless you are completely insensitive and racist, this leaves people to believe that the reporting system does nothing since they can still flame when they have available messages, they can still play normally and there is absolutely no way for you to know if somebody is chat restricted or not, which also leads to some people like me not reporting, since it really doesn't feel like it does anything

-The game is TOO team focused. Relates directly to toxicity. Riot keeps adding changes that make solo carrying impossible to try to reinforce this "teamplay" dynamic, but all it does is make a lot of games feel like a gamble where you lost only because you got unlucky and got worse players on your team. Not to mention smurfs, scripters, etc being a problem. Also contrary to popular belief, if you are an average or slightly above average player, and the majority of your MMR is populated with same players with an occasional smurf, then the enemy team has more chances of getting said smurf.

-The game a mess of spaghetti code and it shows. There are a LOT of bugs. All this talk you see about Yasuo, Azir or Morde and etc bugs is not just because of memes. Mordekaiser now has over 70 bugs in his kit. Along with minion block, minions and turrets having questionable targeting systems, etc it can all lead to some moments where it feels like you lost because of circumstances completely outside of your control.

-A lot of game mechanics are outdated. There is a reason only like 50 champions are picked in pro play. A majority of the champions are simply outdated and only strong in uncordinated play, but these champions have unhealthy game dynamics (*cough* Annie *cough* Heimer *cough* etc) that make them super frustrating to play against to the point it feels unfair. How come you have to land skillshots on the opponent while last hitting in lane if Annie has last hit aid that refunds her mana costs and cooldown? And the balance team is really terrible at handling these, I wonder at what point will they realize that releasing a new champion every 2 months is not a solution and that they should rework and update older champions instead.

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
Years
  • Age 35
  • NCR
  • Seen Nov 11, 2019
Okay, so to add a little more fun discussion in this thread, I wanna talk about some characters that MOST DEFINITELY NEED A NERF for the next few patches. Because seriously, I'm tired of playing League in both Normals and Ranked matches and me either smashing the enemy team with no effort at all or the other way around.

Riot plz nerf:

WARWICK. Omg, Warwick is so horribly overpowered its driving me crazy. I mean, his jungle pressure is so good that he makes every other jungler be afraid to even clear their camps. His clear speed is so fast that he has already stolen your camps before you have the chance to have placed your trinket wards. Not to mention, his clash potential is so strong that its unfair to everyone in the game. Being able to easily influence a teamfight with one press of a button is so damn frustrating, it makes me want to play a different game. RIOT PLZ NERF WARWICK. He's too strong and unbalanced at the moment!

URGOT. Jesus mother H christ. Urgot is a very unfair champion to play against. His laning phase is disgustingly ridiculous. There is no counter play. His late game is nearly unstoppable that he can destroy hyper carries in one on one confrontations. Not to mention, his scaling is infinitely godlike. Again, there is no counterplay against this champion and its very unfun and unbalanced. Rito, please nerf urgot. Did i not mention how Urgot wins lane against anyone at any range?

Remember ladies. #NerfWarwick, #NerfUrgot, #NerfKunai,

Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
Just wondering but did some pro pick up Pantheon or something? I'm seriously starting to see him in every game, I know that he falls off late game hard (I solo'd a fed Panth as a feeding Draven in a 35 min game 2 days ago) but that doesn't make it any less frustrating to play against.

i just want to learn Wukong so I have a second top laner to just do a quick run to D5 next season, but god forbid I have fun.

Also I'm bored out of my mind so I started building ER on Yasuo as a self imposed challenge. I'm not sure if ER is actually really crazy good on Yasuo, but my performance has been about the same aside from ulting twice per fight instead of once.

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
Years
  • Age 35
  • NCR
  • Seen Nov 11, 2019
Pantheon is one of those top laners who can legitimately run Ignite-Flash and not cuck his own team or be reported for not running TP, since obviously Grand Skyfall/Mandrop has a much faster CD than TP does. Also, Panth is one of the few remaining purely Point-n-click champs in the game and of course he totally works with Ignite-Flash for that cheeseballs ;)

Ignite-Flash on top lane is quite nostaligic. Reminds me of the good ole days where winning lane was the most important thing.

Come to think of it, League needs an item that offers Attack Speed and tank stats. Pls? Rito?

Years
Wits End, though outside of a niche Yasuo and maybe Kayle it's a bit of an useless item? Also at this point PD should just be considered a tank item because 12% damage reduction is a bit crazy and it turns Graves and Yasuo into drain tanks.

Another top laner I have been seeing a lot is Singed, and oh god he feels cancer to lane against. I thought Singed was weak, but he is actually pretty insane, mainly because Dark Seals stack. Still become useless after the laning phase though.

Back