• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

Tabatha

A figment of your imgination
Years
join

Hey I just noticed this club, I don't really have any shinies yet because i just bought a ds and diamond about a week ago but i'm hunting! I was wondering if I could still join anyways?

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
Years
Tabatha, it's nice to meet you! While I cannot permit you into the club, if you keep posting, a co-owner will soon stop by and allow you to join. Hope you stick around!

I've been hunting for Moltres and recently began SRing for Giratina and Suicune again.

Good luck, everyone!

Tabatha

Years
It's a plesure to meet you too $ChuteOut$ and wow you have a lot of shinies you must be very lucky!!! moltres shiny wow thats gonna be alot of soft restarts there!! really i haven't decided on what shiny i want quite yet I kinda just want anything :p tho a shiny pachirisu would be really cute!

Lady Demoonica Darkmoon

Shiny Hunters Club Co-Owner
Years
Hey I just noticed this club, I don't really have any shinies yet because i just bought a ds and diamond about a week ago but i'm hunting! I was wondering if I could still join anyways?

Okay Tabatha, you are in the club. Remember to read the rules and have fun! Let me be the first to officially welcome you to the club! :D

Tabatha

Years
I'd like to thank you for allowing me to join! anyways i'd love to stay around and chat but I've got to get hunting for shinies!!

Years
Okay Tabatha, you are in the club. Remember to read the rules and have fun! Let me be the first to officially welcome you to the club! :D
You beat me! Noooooooo!!

Anyway, yeah, welcome Tabatha! Let's hit the warpath and find 'em shinies!

My own progress: I am at 1152 Palkias and nothing. Why couldn't it have come in the first 30 like Drifloon? :( *has become spoiled from finding two SR shinies very quickly*

I guess the two SR shinies I've found make up for the two I lost, so my karma is already balanced again. ;)

Let's just hope that this Palkia isn't another 10,000+ trial.

Last edited:

super onii chan

I think I'm here to stay
Years
You beat me! Noooooooo!!

Anyway, yeah, welcome Tabatha! Let's hit the warpath and find 'em shinies!

My own progress: I am at 1152 Palkias and nothing. Why couldn't it have come in the first 30 like Drifloon? :( *has become spoiled from finding two SR shinies very quickly*

I guess the two SR shinies I've found make up for the two I lost, so my karma is already balanced again. ;)

Let's just hope that this Palkia isn't another 10,000+ trial.

Wow you got a dirftloon? Did you just Sr it, or was it from a while back.

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
Years
I think I might try and chain for a shiny Gligar or Roselia on Diamond today. I haven't really chained in a while!

And I'm putting Suicune on hold again...

Oh, and thanks for the compliment, Tabatha!

Good luck, everyone.

Runasutaru

Guardian Spectre
Years
ZOMG it's Akida! I haven't seen you for aaaaaaaaaaaages! *Hugs and gives you a chocolate cake* How's life? :P

Well, I haven't played Pokémon in a bit, got a bit distracted with WoW and some other things. However, I have MY OWN PC now! Which means I can Shiny Breed with good IVs anytime I want because I don't have to hold off said checking of IVs! Woot!!!! :P

My Shiny hunt shall remain the same as when I last came here: Shiny Eevee. I REALLY hope I'll get it with the right Nature and IVs (I don't care about how long it takes, as long as it's good!), or I'll feel persistent enough to breed for another one! XD
Right now I am spriting some things for a friend's (scratch!) Pokémon game, so I'm somewhat focused on this for now, but I'll probably get a bit bored soon, so I may pick up my DS and open some eggs! :D

It's nice stopping by again and seeing you all still excited over the hunting. ^_^
Off I go for now, then!

~*Runasutaru*~

P.S: LDD, sorry for the delay in accepting your invitation, I really haven't been online. XD; *Bows down and apologizes*

P.P.S: As long as you don't have too many Shinies (Maybe if I have patience at the time, I dunno :P), I offer to make everyone cards like the one in my sig! Can't be right NOW though, since I need to install Photoshop on this PC, bummer... :(

Akidatheart

Pokémom
Years
ZOMG it's Akida! I haven't seen you for aaaaaaaaaaaages! *Hugs and gives you a chocolate cake* How's life? :P

Hey there Runa! I like Chocolate cake! Life is good, just not shiny enough. :D I'm hoping for a new one soon. I'm working on a couple of different things right now, including playing pokemon mystery dungeon. Too bad there's no shinies in there. (unless they added them this time?) I'm also playing Diamond, and Sapphire. Looking forward to Platinum!
Kim

Years
  • Seen Feb 19, 2011
I'm currently Sring for Torchic, Treecko, and Mewtwo. But as I'm getting tired I have bought over 200 Super repels and I'm gonna go for another shiny Eevee in Diamond to try and finish the set, just 4 more.

Tabatha

Years
Runasutaru: I know what you mean with wow taking up tons of time >< I just forced myself to quite about a month ago after playing for 3 years....well quitting till the expansion anyways :p anyways enough about wow, I've been searching for a shiny ponyta all morning probably been like 2 and a half hours now and nothing =( but i'm not giving up yet so wish me luck! :p (got a bit distracted from the pachirisu i wanted...but hey blueish flames are just sooo awsome!!)

Years
  • Age 34
  • UK
  • Seen Mar 26, 2013
O_O wow were nearing the 600 mark, that came quickly.

Well I hope some of you remember me :P Just checking in, I'll have internet for a week as im staying at a friends but then I'll be gone again D: but I'll try and read all i have missed.

I don't think I've gotten any new shinys since the last time i posted, to be honest I haven't been playing Diamond all that much. The last i remember i was chaining for a Shiny Grimer... meh.

Looks like your behind with the card updates MM :P I would love to say I could take a few of them off your hands, but unfortunatly, I can't :\ dont have any form of Photoshop here.

Well thats all for now, nice to see some old faces, like Kim, Runa and so on, a welcome to all the new members.

Good Luck all.

DDD'SSCEPTILE

GekkouKitsune : Shiny Master
Years
Indeed. Truth be, I came so I could chronicle my shiny Gligar search..

Hoping to find a few people who have them, to see if I could get any tips. At a 8% encounter rate, they don't come cheap. I tried using Intimidate actually to try and help sway it into my favor, and it did seem to help a little, but the highest I've gotten so far is just 14. :(

it's a shame, too, a shiny Gliscor is what my team needs. It would fill such a big gap.

Well, it's not -that- big, but it'd help take care of a few select Pokemon that can ruin the whole parade.

I could try breeding one, but I haven't gotten a shiny yet from an egg. And I'm not exactly dependent on the Ability. Both would work, for 2 reasons: 1, Sand Veil would work great with my current team. 2. Hyper Cutter would be great as well, that way it could receive some boosts and they wouldn't be able to take it away from it, and my team is kinda having an identity crisis right now, although it's no big deal. I've built it around Sandstorm, but some of the better Pokemon I like or have aren't steel, ground or rock. But my Tyranitar... I'm kinda attached to it, I know what it can do, and it's done a lot (even if it comes up short here and there).

But regardless, I'm intent on getting a shiny Gligar. I'm still thinking about how to do it. It's hard, I feel like each time I go into grass it'll break.. my old chain-break nemesis..es are back, and they brought a buddy with them. Ponyta, Kricketune, and now Geodude ruin my fun.

Another problem is just FINDING a Gligar to start a chain. What's strange is that I've only found them in the common grass. The ones that just wiggle a little.

Meanwhile, as I've been trying to get a heading on that (dunno why I didn't come here first)..

I've been playing through my 2nd Pearl I got a few months back, and just broke the plastic on it last week. =P I've had my eye on some of it's exclusives, mainly Misdreavus and Slowpoke, Slowpoke being my alternative to Gligar if I could get one. It may even be a better pick, but like I said before, identity crisis, I'm slipping away from Sandstorm by doing so. Purple vs. blue/yellow.... they both look awesome.

O_O

Blue + yellow....

New Orleans Hornets! kool!

Anyway, I'm planning on having my name changed from DDD to "GekkouKitsune" so it'll be the same as my YouTube account and just about everywhere else.
I'll probably put "Formerly DDD'SSCEPTILE" somewhere too. It'll be sad I guess, but the only place that has that name now is here and Nintendo's """""'TECH""""" Forums, so it's really lost itself to time. =( I'll still keep it associated with me however. I think there's a few other places that might still have it, but I've forgotten about them.

Thanks, and order when ready.

Shadow Chaos

Has gone...
Years
  • Seen Aug 9, 2012
>>To Lady Demoonica Darkmoon: Congratulations on the Shinx!!

This is awesome!! So many returning Veterans and Newcomers alike!! Welcome back and welcome aboard to the club!! \o\ lol /o/ :D

Still nothing for me... -_- This has been my second longest, eternal hunt that I've been on since I finaly caught a Shiny (F) Ralts on Diamond after all those years of searching for one since Ruby... But being that Charizard is my ultimate all-time favorite Pokemon, the search will continue!! So till next time, good luck!!

Years
Hmm, I've seen Kim more recently than you... o__0 Welcome!

My Shiny hunt shall remain the same as when I last came here: Shiny Eevee. I REALLY hope I'll get it with the right Nature and IVs (I don't care about how long it takes, as long as it's good!), or I'll feel persistent enough to breed for another one! XD
Right now I am spriting some things for a friend's (scratch!) Pokémon game, so I'm somewhat focused on this for now, but I'll probably get a bit bored soon, so I may pick up my DS and open some eggs! :D
That's kind of like me with Chikorita. Only good IVs are more of an excuse to keep me motivated. Speaking of which, I haven't bred any Chikos in a long time--not since my games were stolen.

I still have my army of high IV Chikos safely on Emerald, so I'll be able to hit the GTS running with heaps of excellent Chikos for offer, just like before, once I've gotten this Palkia and opened up Pal Park.

I'm contemplating restarting my Emerald for hopefully a better ID that might at least enable me to breed for shinies. I've only maybe bred a thousand or so Chikos, so my failure thus far isn't really statistically significant.

O_O wow were nearing the 600 mark, that came quickly.
OMGYAMI! And you know I'll be here to jack the first post on Page 600! ;)

Looks like your behind with the card updates MM :P I would love to say I could take a few of them off your hands, but unfortunatly, I can't :\ dont have any form of Photoshop here.
Well, I've kind of just gotten back from another period of inactivity, so boo. They're going to come when I find the time. :P

Indeed. Truth be, I came so I could chronicle my shiny Gligar search..

Hoping to find a few people who have them, to see if I could get any tips. At a 8% encounter rate, they don't come cheap. I tried using Intimidate actually to try and help sway it into my favor, and it did seem to help a little, but the highest I've gotten so far is just 14. :(

it's a shame, too, a shiny Gliscor is what my team needs. It would fill such a big gap.

Well, it's not -that- big, but it'd help take care of a few select Pokemon that can ruin the whole parade.

I could try breeding one, but I haven't gotten a shiny yet from an egg. And I'm not exactly dependent on the Ability. Both would work, for 2 reasons: 1, Sand Veil would work great with my current team. 2. Hyper Cutter would be great as well, that way it could receive some boosts and they wouldn't be able to take it away from it, and my team is kinda having an identity crisis right now, although it's no big deal. I've built it around Sandstorm, but some of the better Pokemon I like or have aren't steel, ground or rock. But my Tyranitar... I'm kinda attached to it, I know what it can do, and it's done a lot (even if it comes up short here and there).

But regardless, I'm intent on getting a shiny Gligar. I'm still thinking about how to do it. It's hard, I feel like each time I go into grass it'll break.. my old chain-break nemesis..es are back, and they brought a buddy with them. Ponyta, Kricketune, and now Geodude ruin my fun.

Another problem is just FINDING a Gligar to start a chain. What's strange is that I've only found them in the common grass. The ones that just wiggle a little.
Insertion Pokémon are definitely the most painful to chain. Seviper came on a low chain, and that's the only one I've had success with. And my beloved disco snake is gone. I was actually in the process of chaining Lunatone when my games got stolen, thus why Sapphire was in my DS at the time.

Seriously, the worst part about theft is the destruction of sentiment.

Anyway, I'm planning on having my name changed from DDD to "GekkouKitsune" so it'll be the same as my YouTube account and just about everywhere else.
I'll probably put "Formerly DDD'SSCEPTILE" somewhere too. It'll be sad I guess, but the only place that has that name now is here and Nintendo's """""'TECH""""" Forums, so it's really lost itself to time. =( I'll still keep it associated with me however. I think there's a few other places that might still have it, but I've forgotten about them.

Thanks, and order when ready.
Well, the only other place I knew you from was the "former Nsider" (Uggh, why tech forums?? T_T I miss the Mario Kart boards.), so DDD's the name I'd most identify you with. To each his own, I guess, but I find name changes unnecessary and confusing. Maybe they'd be good for typos (but who typos their username?) or names that were extremely tacky to start, but I don't believe in fickle name changes.

1518 Palkias. Work is slowing me to less than half the speed I'd otherwise be going at. I did around 500 Dialga resets per day way back then.

Runasutaru

Guardian Spectre
Years
Passing by to read the posts and to tell you...
Yesterday I saw the IVs on the Eevees I had in my box from last time I opened eggs. Now I'm breeding again and all is fine in Ruland! Hatchin' , hatchin', hatchin'! Nothing that interesting, I got 3 Eevees worthy of being used for breeding and one of them can even be trained (Relaxed nature)
I'll be refreshing this thread from time to time, so there will always be me/a guest online. Never fear, the Spectral Guardian of the SHC is here! :D

~*Runasutaru*~

Oh yeah, I almost forgot...
Hmm, I've seen Kim more recently than you... o__0 Welcome!

That's kind of like me with Chikorita. Only good IVs are more of an excuse to keep me motivated. Speaking of which, I haven't bred any Chikos in a long time--not since my games were stolen.

I still have my army of high IV Chikos safely on Emerald, so I'll be able to hit the GTS running with heaps of excellent Chikos for offer, just like before, once I've gotten this Palkia and opened up Pal Park.

I'm contemplating restarting my Emerald for hopefully a better ID that might at least enable me to breed for shinies. I've only maybe bred a thousand or so Chikos, so my failure thus far isn't really statistically significant.

- - - -

1518 Palkias. Work is slowing me to less than half the speed I'd otherwise be going at. I did around 500 Dialga resets per day way back then.

Hehe, if I get any USB thing for Wi-Fi on my DS anytime soon, I'm sure to tempt you to trade me one of those beauties! I have a Meganium in my NetBattle team and it's practically irreplaceable, I love it! Besides, it WAS my first starter in the history of Pokémon. ^^

As for the Palkia, good luck! It's got that light colour pattern that suits it. XD

...Good IVs FTW!!!!

Last edited:

Tabatha

Years
Passing by to read the posts and to tell you...
Yesterday I saw the IVs on the Eevees I had in my box from last time I opened eggs. Now I'm breeding again and all is fine in Ruland! Hatchin' , hatchin', hatchin'! Nothing that interesting, I got 3 Eevees worthy of being used for breeding and one of them can even be trained (Relaxed nature)
I'll be refreshing this thread from time to time, so there will always be me/a guest online. Never fear, the Spectral Guardian of the SHC is here! :D

~*Runasutaru*~

Oh yeah, I almost forgot...

Hehe, if I get any USB thing for Wi-Fi on my DS anytime soon, I'm sure to tempt you to trade me one of those beauties! I have a Meganium in my NetBattle team and it's practically irreplaceable, I love it! Besides, it WAS my first starter in the history of Pokémon. ^^

As for the Palkia, good luck! It's got that light colour pattern that suits it. XD

...Good IVs FTW!!!!

OOOoooOOO eevees!!!! I can't wait till I get my eevee so I can breed it and make like a whole little army lol... I love them they are just so cute.

Anyways i'm just about to reach my Dialga in diamond just lvling up some of the main pokemon I like to use but i'm super excited. I was planning on doing SR to get a shiny one but then I thought what if it's color is predecided when I start the game because it's a legendary...does anyone know so I don't waste my time doing SR???

Meanwhile I spent all day yesterday SR for a shiny combee from my tree okay well not all day like 2 hours then i started to wonder how long does a pokemon wait at the tree? Finally I got nervous that i'd reset and it wouldn't be there and just caught a lvl 15 female...sigh I have terrible luck when it comes to shinies, er well come to think of it I always seem to just have terrible luck in gerneral. Well hopefully that will all change when I finnish my sinnoh dex and get my poke radar and can start chaining.

Back