The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon General

Notices

Pokémon General Theories, experiences and other discussions regarding the Pokémon franchise that can't be covered in any of the other boards.
Feel like talking about Pokémon manga? Check this out! Want to discuss and share Pokémon music and videos? Click here!

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old 2 Weeks Ago, 04:32 PM
waveguidebuizel
no ordinary buizel

Nature: Timid

Advertise here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Famon View Post
I Just want to know if Greninja can use Frubble like Froakie does.
It can use the bubble in its Forearms.
After all , Greninja doesn't like its Arm being Touch in Pokemon Amie !
Maybe. I have like no experience with greninja, but I guess it doesn't want its trainer getting frubbles all over their hand? Kind of like honedge doesn't want its trainer to touch its sash for fear of the trainer's safety. Also, even if greninja doesn't like its arm being touched, it probably doesn't mind touching its own arms, so it would be able to use frubbles.

while keeping perfect time
you’ll bag up these hearts of mine
with your rhythmic shaking motion
let’s mix up more of our love potion

Water Safari: Octillery, Gyarados, Poliwhirl
Searching for Minccino, Gastrodon, Liepard, and Braixen safaris
Old 2 Weeks Ago, 11:28 PM
Famon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brendino View Post
I think that's why Pokemon Origins was so popular, was because it basically followed the storyline of the Kanto games, rather than just the games as a loose base of the story. That doesn't mean that I don't like some of the things added to the anime that we don't see in the games (like the Orange Islands), but at this point, I'd rather watch more series like Pokemon Origins than go back to the regular anime.
Was it really that popular ???
I cheek the rating and the 'Pokemon BW Special' at the same week got more rating then 'Pokemon Origins'!

Old 2 Weeks Ago, 07:33 PM
Peitharchia
& got to keep looking

Sadly, I didn't get chance to watch much of Pokémon Origin, but from what I have seen, it was actually pretty interesting. It's great when it comes to refreshing, that's for sure, as it takes a completely different approach. Loved how they based their story off games, rather than something else, and since I had played them, it was pretty intriguing to see all of it in animation. Definitely going to finish viewing the whole thing at some point!
Old 2 Weeks Ago, 09:30 AM
Doctor
& time lord

Nature: Naive
Quote:
I cheek the rating and the 'Pokemon BW Special' at the same week got more rating then 'Pokemon Origins'!
Well, the original pokémon anime has a huge loyal fanbase, I suppose. But I bet more of the fans who prefer the games watched Pokémon Origins than the regular anime! Like me, for example.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless View Post
Sadly, I didn't get chance to watch much of Pokémon Origin, but from what I have seen, it was actually pretty interesting. It's great when it comes to refreshing, that's for sure, as it takes a completely different approach. Loved how they based their story off games, rather than something else, and since I had played them, it was pretty intriguing to see all of it in animation. Definitely going to finish viewing the whole thing at some point!
Oh, please do! I really loved how they did battles and pokémon in general in Origins. And also it was pretty cool that they kept having a plot with Mewtwo after the League, even if it was a bit boring. Still!

So how much do we dare to hope for another anime promo or even anime spin-off set in Hoenn now? :3
Crossroads I C | O O C .
Old 1 Week Ago, 05:50 PM
Peitharchia
& got to keep looking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adventure View Post
So how much do we dare to hope for another anime promo or even anime spin-off set in Hoenn now? :3
That would be inexplicably amazing, haha. Hoenn is my all-time favorite region, so my opinion is bound to be a little biased towards it, but I'm sure many of us could agree that it would certainly be fun to watch.
Old 1 Week Ago, 12:13 AM
Doctor
& time lord

Hoenn isn't my favorite :p or, well, the Hoenn games were definitely the ones I had the most fun playing, but that might have been because I had Ruby for the longest time. And the gameplay is smooth and simple.

Johto, now we're talking beautiful stuff <3
Crossroads I C | O O C .
Old 1 Week Ago, 09:06 AM
Virgo
suns out guns out

Quote:
there are more people with bad taste in the world
Old 1 Week Ago, 08:51 AM
Infernape
fire power!

Nature: Bold
I just want a show that isn't the main Pokemon show we have now. I tried desperately to get back into the series after skipping a few years. (I haven't seen anything after D/P) I really can't

family | looking for a pair |
Old 1 Week Ago, 08:52 AM
Doctor
& time lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infernape View Post
I just want a show that isn't the main Pokemon show we have now. I tried desperately to get back into the series after skipping a few years. (I haven't seen anything after D/P) I really can't
I feel just the same ._. it really isn't for me, I feel. I need more... characters I can believe in. And also plot. Etc.
Crossroads I C | O O C .
Old 1 Week Ago, 06:17 PM
Peitharchia
& got to keep looking

My interest in anime started to dwindle after Diamond and Pearl series began to air. I'm not sure what, but something about it just didn't click for me, unfortunately. From there, it all went downwards, and stopped following it completely soon after. I started watching again for a while when they had released Black and White, but that didn't seem to interest me at all. I've tried an episode of X and Y before, which it was good, but never gotten around to watching any other episode, so I can't fully decide if I like it or not, haha.
Old 1 Week Ago, 03:55 AM
Doctor
& time lord

Well it's cute and it's nice to see all the pokémon up and moving instead of being static in pictures or their game animations. But that's about it :p All the adventures feel like they've been done before now, I feel. That's what you get with a long running anime, perhaps.
Crossroads I C | O O C .
Old 1 Week Ago, 04:30 AM
Silver Soul of Johto
Journey's end
Community Supporter

Nature: Sassy
Maybe? I dunno. I grew tired of the trainers that Ash traveled with, so my TV journey stopped short with the battle frontier with May. I just didn't like her very much, if at all

☆☆ Rival》Twisted Cuteness
Old 1 Week Ago, 08:24 AM
Hikamaru
the hamster
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
It was around the Best Wishes series my anime watching fell, which is ironic given Best Wishes is set in Unova a.k.a. my fave region in Pokemon. I guess I was mainly disappointed in Ash's team because there was so few evolutions plus some of them got the shaft big time, especially poor Palpitoad.

He had so much potential but all he got was just very small screentime, and went for so many episodes without showing up. I hope that his Kalos team in the XY series doesn't end up like that, plus I want Froakie to finally evolve and break his Water starter no-evolution curse.

paired with awolfsquared and Starry Windy
battle server | tumblr | profile | credit | supporter

Old 1 Week Ago, 09:18 AM
Virgo
suns out guns out

Honestly all I really liked about the anime was the fact that I was seeing a Pokemon I love or maybe never gave much thought about moving around and actually having a personality. When the first generation was out there were quite a few Pokemon that I thought were dumb looking or just ugly. Seeing them in the anime changed how I viewed them. Though sometimes the opposite would happen. I was always iffy about Electabuzz and watching it in the early anime I thought it had the most annoying/disgusting cry and it turned me off from using it.

Here's a clip of it omg
Old 1 Week Ago, 09:57 AM
Doctor
& time lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hikamaru View Post
I hope that his Kalos team in the XY series doesn't end up like that, plus I want Froakie to finally evolve and break his Water starter no-evolution curse.
Aw, for some reason I thought he had a Frogadier already :(
Crossroads I C | O O C .
Old 1 Week Ago, 10:20 AM
Hikamaru
the hamster
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adventure View Post
Aw, for some reason I thought he had a Frogadier already :(
It is kinda interesting he's taken the role of the starter who got previously abused before joining Ash, which is usually given to a Fire starter. I guess that was because Fennekin would not have fit Ash anyway, it is quite girly-looking for a Fire starter.

But Kalos also broke Ash's trend of catching Grass starters, but it's also sort-of like a throwback to the Hoenn/Battle Frontier saga where Ash and his companions owned one each of the resident starters (although Ash had the Grass starter instead back then). And of course Hoenn is getting remakes in this generation so it's coincidental.

The team of Ash's I was most disappointed in was Unova's, (yeah irony because I'm a 5th Gen fan) and that was mainly due to Tepig failing to go all the way to Emboar (maybe the presence of Bianca's Emboar prevented it, yet Ash and Paul both had Torterra during Sinnoh) and the other two left as they were for the sole purpose of marketing. At least Oshawott showed his cute personality which made him win me over.

But oh man the treatment the writers did to Palpitoad... no main character's Pokemon should ever suffer from such minimal appearances. Reminds me of Misty's Goldeen and Ash's Kingler all over again, and they are also Water-types.

paired with awolfsquared and Starry Windy
battle server | tumblr | profile | credit | supporter

Old 1 Week Ago, 05:23 AM
Famon

Question :-

-1) Is there any non-legendary Pokemon that can fight all Digimon ???

-2) If Pokemon & Digimon has a cross-over then Does Ash have any Pokemon that can fight any Digimon ???

I mean , Digimon are so Overpowered & Oversize , I wonder if any Pokemon can beat Digimon in actual fight.

Old 1 Week Ago, 06:24 PM
Peitharchia
& got to keep looking

Is there any non-legendary that could defeat Digimon? This is sort of hard to tell. In anime world (and perhaps also manga), any Pokémon could beat each other at any given time, regardless of if they're considered to be strong or weak. Even a small, little Vulpix could take down something as huge as Snorlax. If they were to be sucked into Digimon universe, I'm sure same would apply.

If we're talking about in-game, however, then that's a completely different story. I can't think of any Pokémon that would be able to defeat all Digimon, but off top of my head, I would say that Breloom could possibly take down a couple, if given the chance. It would put its opponent to sleep with Spore, and start damaging them with Seed Bomb and Focus Punch, making them faint eventually.

As for Ash's Pokémon, I'm sure his Staraptor would be able to beat a few Digimon, too.
Old 1 Week Ago, 09:06 PM
Brendino
#fpt2014

Nature: Quiet
To be perfectly honest, I know next to nothing about Digimon, but even if I did, I'm not sure if there's a sure fire way to compare the power between a Digimon and a Pokemon. That being said, I'm sure some Mega Evolutions like Mega Garchomp and Mega Tyranitar could overpower some Digimon, and some timely used status effects could be pretty helpful, too.

As far as Ash's Pokemon go, I could see him winning with Pikachu, though your never quite sure what your getting with Pikachu, as he's won seemingly impossible battles, and lost in easy ones. Other than that, I think his Sceptile, Charizard, and Infernape would put up a good fight against certain Digimon.
Old 6 Days Ago, 07:42 AM
Doctor
& time lord

Guys, Digimon just point and shoot and have like one or a couple of "moves" each. Pokémon rely on strategy and so much more. I bet a lot of pokémon could take on a fully evolved Digimon and beat it down!
Crossroads I C | O O C .
Old 5 Days Ago, 06:05 PM
Peitharchia
& got to keep looking

Appearance-wise, though, some Digimon look a lot more tough (such as the skull-dinosaur one; can't really put my finger on its name), haha.
Old 5 Days Ago, 04:40 AM
Famon

Guys , Don't forget this --

Spoiler:

What can Ash use against that ????
Plus , What Pokemon can take on these digimon--
Spoiler:

So What non-legendary Pokemon has any chance of beating them ? All of them capable of flying by the way .
Please , I need some hope !

Old 5 Days Ago, 11:15 AM
Doctor
& time lord

Quote:
Guys , Don't forget this --

Spoiler:

What can Ash use against that ????
Plus , What Pokemon can take on these digimon--
Spoiler:

So What non-legendary Pokemon has any chance of beating them ? All of them capable of flying by the way .
Please , I need some hope !
He'll just send out Charizard to battle Birdramon, piece of cake ;)

As for the others, I think Dragon pokemon and Steel pokémon would stand a chance. They have enough powers/resistances and resilence to withstand whatever overpowered beam attacks the Digimon try to send at them.

Haha, listen to me here... I'm totally a Digimon fan :) But when it comes down to it, I apparently vouch for Pokémon. <3
Crossroads I C | O O C .
Old 3 Days Ago, 07:03 PM
Miracle Seed
Serpentine trainer
Community Supporter

Nature: Impish
Send a message via Skype™ to Miracle Seed
I really don't think many pokemon and digimon would have a balanced battle. Pokemon are stuck in there evolutions and Digimon have the pleasure of evolving, reverting, armor, DNA, and Warp digiolutions on the fly

♡ Paired to Charcoal92

☆ Big Brother- TheKantoKid

☆ Avatar credits to Anna
Old 2 Days Ago, 06:55 PM
Peitharchia
& got to keep looking

Let's not forget mega-evolution, though, as well as the soon-to-be-introduced primal. When those come into play, we could definitely expect it to help when it comes to balancing and whatnot.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here