• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Official Feedback Request: Unused/underused features!

Vote for a feature if you use it regularly/don't want to see it removed

• Post icons - the little images that you pick that show up next to your thread when viewing a forum

Votes: 121 34.1%
  • "Hot threads" - the little icon next to threads when they have more than 30 posts / 300 views

Votes: 139 39.2%
  • Page breakdown - the text that says "(1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page)" next to threads (we would shorten th

Votes: 250 70.4%
  • Extra thread images - the little images that show up next to threads that show if they have attachme

Votes: 137 38.6%
  • Community links - those links at the top of most styles that say "Home" "Blogs" "Oekaki" "Chat" etc.

Votes: 136 38.3%
  • "Share This Thread" - links in threads that let you quicky post threads to facebook/twitter/other so

Votes: 59 16.6%
  • Picture albums - anything besides profile designs or hacks or "hey look at my PC screenshots!"?

Votes: 109 30.7%
  • The calendar. 'nuff said.

Votes: 64 18.0%
  • Instant messenger icons in posts

Votes: 74 20.8%
  • Youtube videos in profiles/as profile images

Votes: 148 41.7%

• Total voters

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
Years
I think the A&D section far fulfills what the Oekaki could provide, and since the last revitalization seemed to be in 2005, as Erica said, there doesn't seem to be a point in trying to revive it again. Nobody uses it and that's a blatantly obvious fact.

Years
I think the oekaki's beyond saving, unfortunately. Trying to revive it doesn't seem like something worthwhile, especially when we can instead use that time to work on other features, when there are already lots of Pokemon-based oekakis that have many members and frequent updates. It's a great feature for some artists but I just don't think our community's interest in it is high enough to warrant trying to fix. v_v; Programs like Paint Tool SAI and deviantART for uploading art's a lot more popular nowadays, too.

Anyway, I cast my votes yesterday but... I accidentally voted for what I wanted to see removed. Sorry! That's what happens when I vote right before going out. :(

Guy

just a guy
Years
Not removing the oekaki.. sorry.
Do you mind explaining why though?

It's completely irrelevant to the forums today, no one uses it, and even the members are okay with having it removed. Plus, the Art & Design forum pretty much fulfills whatever purpose the Oekaki once had. Social Groups, an inactive part of PC yet used more frequently than the Oekaki were removed due to the same reasons, so why are we keeping the Oekaki around still? Unless there's a really good reason behind it, I don't see the point.

But it could certainly be repurposed or somehow improved so it gets more activity, right?
Like Nick said, I don't even think it's worth the time and effort.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
About the Oekaki being removed or not.. is there any actual harm in just keeping it there? It's hosted somewhere apart from PC so it's not causing server stress or anything is it?

I mean.. if Steve wants it to stay, it's gonna stay, but I don't see anything wrong with it staying. I guess it can look a bit disorganized since it's so outdated but.. if there isn't any harm in it then.. guess it doesn't reeaallly matter either way.

Years
  • Seen Sep 18, 2020
I don't think 'underuse' or 'lack of demand' is itself a valid reason to remove anything. I voted constructively anyway, but that's my stance.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Now that I know what Oekaki is, I think of it the same as I do with the social groups we used to have, only Oekaki is used far less than the social groups were. But those took away from Fan Clubs/Pokemon Groups, and although Oekaki isn't taking away from A&D, it's still better to just use A&D for your art needs and postings. Oekaki doesn't serve a purpose anymore.

I mean, if it has to stay, then whatever, it's not a huge deal, but like Shivi, I would love to be given a good reason for it to stay. Because really, what's the point in it?

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen yesterday
About the Oekaki being removed or not.. is there any actual harm in just keeping it there?
I personally think it clutters up the A&D section's index, especially when said section has a large forum splash. While it doesn't hurt to keep it in the Community Links, it's also pointless doing that if it's no longer used.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
Years
Perhaps we could find a middle ground in just hiding it from view in A&D like Wolf said. It could still be accessed, but just by a link that's not in plain sight or by direct link. It just shouldn't clutter what it does any longer.

Kip

🔥 Fluffy Fire Fox
Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Mar 17, 2024
I'd really like Post Icons to stay on the proviso that they're vastly improved upon (there was a competition a few years ago to redesign them but nothing seemed to happen after that), so they're more Pokémon-related. We could have a lot of fun with those rather than just being the generic vB ones.

Thread images are good - I find them especially useful in forums that have downloads (e.g. ROM Hacks). I'd rather they be kept.

Picture albums should definitely stay (there are hundreds, maybe thousands of photos already uploaded, so it would not make sense to take this away), though it is in dire need of an update; it's still very Web 1.0 if you know what I mean. I use it for my Pokémon artwork/graphic design - there isn't anywhere else I want to put it all. :(

IM icons - I still use IMs and it is very useful to have the status icons there next to their names. So if I want to talk to one of my friends about a post and on the post it says they're online, I will.

YouTube videos as profile pics - PLEASE DON'T GET RID OF THIS. It's probably been said before, but exploiting that feature gives us a really neat profile styling tool - the big transparent space at the top and shifting the name to the right. A lot of freedom for PC's awesome graphic designers. ^^

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Perhaps we could find a middle ground in just hiding it from view in A&D like Wolf said. It could still be accessed, but just by a link that's not in plain sight or by direct link. It just shouldn't clutter what it does any longer.

As far as A&D is concerned, the Oekaki is dead. We all know that. And for as long as I've been there, I personally haven't seen any demand for it's revival.

Still, I don't want to see it go. :( I do agree with this suggestion though. We can just.. tuck it away somewhere safe, where it's still accessible to members if they desire, but doesn't occupy space anywhere important.

Years
  • Seen Sep 18, 2020
Instead of removing the 'hot threads' feature, the threshold for a thread to be considered 'hot' should be raised.

ruby

[span="howdy;partner"][/span]
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Mar 27, 2024
192 for keeping the page breakdown? Really?

I'm going to guess that most have misunderstood what is meant by that, because it's pretty pointless.

Honest

Hi!
Years
Wait, what?

I thought the page breakdown was the (1 2 3 4 5.... Last Page) thing you see on the section pages. Isn't it?

tabor62

[b][color=#CADB5A]W[/color][color=#C8DA4F]h[/color
Years
I actually use it to find some older posts, though that's probably cuz I'm in Trade Corner like 80% of the time 8D

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
Years
I posted a screenshot and people still voted for it, so I dunno. :/

At any rate I agree that it's useless. I can't imagine any situation at all where you would want to jump to the 2nd, 3rd, 4th, or 5th page of a thread while viewing the forum index. @_@

Where's the screenshot? I went through all the pages in this thread (all ten) and didn't see a screenie nor a hyperlink in one of your posts to a screenie of this "feature."

I voted for it to stay, but I'd take it back if I've misunderstood what it is and it's actually pointless.

Back