• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokémon CrystalDust [v3 PUBLIC ALPHA]

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Also, I made a change to the hack so big, so grand, it will blow you away from its sheer awesomeness!
Change log:
  1. Shifted copyright on title screen over to the right by four pixels. XD
So yeah, download the latest patch if you (like me) were really annoyed by that off-center text.
IT CAN'T BE! Such an beatufiul and purely awesome update!
You almost gave me a heart attack!

Sierraffinity

Desperately trying to retire from ROM hacking
Years
yeah, blame my ignorance, i have only played beta 1 up to national park or sudowoodo, can't remember how far, it's been a while. thanks for the updates! :)

edit: lol for the update, blame perfectionism. :p
They're not actually IN the hack. I said that it would take a long time for them to insert, meaning they aren't actually in yet. It would just take a really long time to insert them, and I don't even have their appropriate overworld sprites, so they would look strange.
This changes the entire hack immensely. It must be played again as this change will provide a great increase in enjoyment to the hack.

(That what you were going for? ;) )

Cyclone

IT CAN'T BE! Such an beatufiul and purely awesome update!
You almost gave me a heart attack!
Yeah, I know, right? The text now is so grand and beautiful...

Years
  • Seen Jan 19, 2015
They're not actually IN the hack. I said that it would take a long time for them to insert, meaning they aren't actually in yet. It would just take a really long time to insert them, and I don't even have their appropriate overworld sprites, so they would look strange.

Yeah, I know, right? The text now is so grand and beautiful...

oh that's fine. at least there's plans on adding them soon, appropriate overworlds, uhmm, would it be possible for some recolors on some of the old overworlds to match the new ones you will be using? since the transition from rby to gsc used the same overworlds for the trainers (unless of course i believe you wanted it to match entirely, it's better that way since it makes this remake all the more better than hgss). but i appreciate the replies and the updates so far. :)

Sierraffinity

Years
OH MY GOSH WHAT AN UPDATE!!! Lol
Im sure your Android will open Gameboid that emu works on almost every device at max speed even basic devices
Do you know if it'll run well on an Inspire II?
oh that's fine. at least there's plans on adding them soon, appropriate overworlds, uhmm, would it be possible for some recolors on some of the old overworlds to match the new ones you will be using? since the transition from rby to gsc used the same overworlds for the trainers (unless of course i believe you wanted it to match entirely, it's better that way since it makes this remake all the more better than hgss). but i appreciate the replies and the updates so far. :)
...There's no plans on adding them soon, and I don't think I said anything about that. That being said, however, there's still the possibility of having the new ones in the future. But probably the far future.

Also, it's time for another update! *cue collective groan from fans*
Yeah, I know, too many updates recently. I think I should either call this the "Diego, stop making so many updates!" Update or... the Beginnings of New Music Update!

tonti is now working with me to bring the GBC music to (better) life with a fresh, new soundtrack, starting with Cherrygrove City for some odd reason. Also, Azalea Town and Violet City have had their pitches changed to sound more accurate to their GBC counterparts. In the future, the missing tracks, such as Eusine's theme, Clair's theme, and the two themes for the Bug-Catching Contest, will be added to the game. Afterwards, revamps of the Pokémon Center and Pokécom Center themes are planned, and after that... Who knows?

Years
Very nice i love to see this hack getting updated i cant wait to listen the new music on the future update ;)
Can you post the Inspire 2 cpu speed i never had one so idk if it can run Gameboid, my E15i XPERIA can run CrystalDust without any problems and i think i get 60 FPS all the time and my phone is medium specs

Last edited:

Sierraffinity

Years
Very nice i love to see this hack getting updated i cant wait.to listen the new music on the future update ;)
Can you post the Inspire 2 cpu speed i never had one so idk if it can run Gameboid, my E15i XPERIA can run CrystalDust without any problems and i think i get 60 FPS all the time and my phone is medium specs
Just curious, what did you think of the new Cherrygrove theme that's in-game? I'd like to get other peoples's opinions on it besides myself and tonti's. I made a mistake on the name; it's called the Exhibit II. Its clock speed is 1 GHz and has 512 MB RAM. I doubt its ability to run Gameboid because I've seen it struggle with other, average intensity tasks.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jan 19, 2015
Do you know if it'll run well on an Inspire II?

...There's no plans on adding them soon, and I don't think I said anything about that. That being said, however, there's still the possibility of having the new ones in the future. But probably the far future.

Also, it's time for another update! *cue collective groan from fans*
Yeah, I know, too many updates recently. I think I should either call this the "Diego, stop making so many updates!" Update or... the Beginnings of New Music Update!

tonti is now working with me to bring the GBC music to (better) life with a fresh, new soundtrack, starting with Cherrygrove City for some odd reason. Also, Azalea Town and Violet City have had their pitches changed to sound more accurate to their GBC counterparts. In the future, the missing tracks, such as Eusine's theme, Clair's theme, and the two themes for the Bug-Catching Contest, will be added to the game. Afterwards, revamps of the Pokémon Center and Pokécom Center themes are planned, and after that... Who knows?

Let's just say im keeping my hopes up for them in the FAR future. =))

Years
I like the new music more than the old one ;)
Your phone got better specs than mine ull be fine i too can barely run anything lol and i even get lag on games like Angry Birds but i dont have any problem with Gameboid.
For some odd reason i get low speed on the rest GBA emus though and it sucks bc some of them got more fearures than Gameboid and they get updated a lot unlike Gameboid which got update last time like a year ago or two lol

Last edited:

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Your phone got better specs than mine ull be fine i too can barely run anything lol and i even get lag on games like Angry Birds but i dont have any problem with Gameboid.
For some odd reason i get low speed on the rest GBA emus though and it sucks bc some of them got more fearures than Gameboid and they get updated a lot unlike Gameboid which got update last time like a year ago or two lol
And therein you just explained why the others lag. More features.

Cyclone

Years
in the game after i beat busy and get his badge i go the exit and the rival come up to battle but after the battle start instead of saying the rivals name it pull a bunch of gibberish and doesn't play.

Sierraffinity

Years
Lol your profile shows you are working hard on Shining Opal but here you are telling us updates of CrystalDust not that ha ha
Yeah, only because there's so much things that could be done to make CrystalDust even better and I keep getting distracted by them.
All right, then I have slightly higher hopes now. XD
in the game after i beat busy and get his badge i go the exit and the rival come up to battle but after the battle start instead of saying the rivals name it pull a bunch of gibberish and doesn't play.
That sounds like the rival name didn't load from the save file into memory. Are you using 64KB save files or 128KB save files?
im using emulator v.23.2 and the cheats i used was master ball cheats and rare candy cheats. maybe
Or it could be cheats. Don't use cheats with ROM hacks, unexpected things might happen.
So Diego, will you add Kanto full or there will be another beta where the game would be completed
The next beta will either have a partly finished Kanto or a completely finished Kanto, but neither will mean the game is complete.

Back