• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Odyssey: A New Beginning [T] [Best Veteran 4Q '12]

Status
Not open for further replies.

SV

See You Space Cowboy
Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2022
Sovereign Rainforest- Hoodhide's Village

Zane looked at Defender, concerned. He wasn't acting like he was moments before, but maybe it was the paralyzing affect wearing off. Zane didn't know what to expect, but at the moment, he only appeared to be confused. "Hey... wait. Where are we?" He asked. Zane exchanged looks with some of the others. It was as if none of this had happened at all. Like he had completely forgotten what occurred. A sudden realization came to Defender.

"Uh... wait... THE AMBUSH!" He exclaimed, as if realizing what he forgotten. He began asking question about how it went, before turning his attention to the topic of Dark Lightning.

"You...don't remember anything?" Zane asked him. He felt bad inside. It was enough to have to relive those events, but to have to say them again to someone would make it all worse. "Defender...the ambush..." He began, not knowing how to put it.

"Was a success!" A voice said from behind. Zane turned to see Lyn speaking, smiling brightly at Defender. "You got knocked out, but your plan went off without a hitch, and we rescued Roswell's brother. Roswell said that Noctus here would lead us into Albia!" Lyn turned to Noctus. "Isn't that right, Noctus?" She asked him.

"Err...yea. I'll be taking you guys to finish you job." He said, playing with the rouse for now. Lyn nodded at him, still smiling brightly. She turned back to Defender and continued.

"Dark Lightning traveled to meet with General Belas and General Hazone and update them on our status, and see theirs as well. We'll probably meet up with him again when the battle starts."

Zane looked at Lyn stunned. He wondered for a moment why she would lie to him like that. The others gave similar looks. Maybe this was for the best, but it also made Zane feel horrible inside. Because if Defender actually would find out the truth, who knows how bad things could get.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 25, 2024

Ragnaros 'Bloodthirster' Phylax

The bright, shimmering sunlight was striking Bloodthirster's wing, who was wide awake for two hours, but he wasn't moving one bit and was holding his eyes shut. His wounds were still hurting, but the feeling was slowly backing off. When he felt completly refreshed, he opened his eyes and spread his wings wide open. He was soaring through the morning sky, roaring in joy, with all the negative thoughts of yesterday locked in a distant corner of his mind. He travelled above the forest that was surrounding the village for an hour, before noticing a commotion on the ground. He dove towards the village, recognizing the members of the Gold Tribe.

He stood next to them with a rather abrupt landing that made him grunt and listened to what was going on: apparently, Lyn was unfolding a lie to a Defender that had found his sanity again. Ragnaros shook his head in disapproval, but he didn't stop anyone. It was for the best of Defender's health, anyway - but he feared the worst when their Golduck friend found out the truth. But the dragon was getting impatient with the ruse of this forest.

'Speaking of the Alpha Alliance... aren't we late to our little rendezvous under those watchtowers?' He said with his usual loud voice. 'And I suppose we aren't carrying this guy around for nothin', right?' He stared intently at Noctus with his eyes brimming.

'So, maybe we should get moving already, and kindly ask our friend to spill the beans on how to get in the damned city.'

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 1, 2023
Penance 'Defender' Malum​

Penance smiled as Guardia informed him of how his plan went and he sighed in relief. "Good. I actually thought that there would have at least been one Sentinel there or some kind of surprise. Glad there wasn't." He chuckled as he looked at everyone and rubbed the underside of his bill. "Okay.... gather around everyone. We're going to have a plan once we're in there. First off, I need to know what the way there looks like Noctus as well as inside the city itself since it's been some time since I have been there. I need as many details as possible. Everything from the way we're getting in to everything that we can use. We need to take down each watchtower simultaneously so they don't alert the others. We'll find a way to get up there once we get there and we will go with two of us at each watchtower. Once we finish there we will head to the city. Noctus, are there places or rooms we can duck into in case some Ancients come by? How many Sentinels are there or are usually in the city? Which streets are patrolled at what times? Every single piece of information is key here. Also, can there be a way to get onto a rooftop? It would serve us well to be able to view the city from high up so that we can see where the Ancients are most active."

He looked around, "Now, the ambush was a cake walk. We got what we needed and got out without any loses. That is the best you can always hope for, but expect this to be brutal. We are heading right into their own territory. There is a extremely high possibility that we will need to split up once we get in there mostly so that if one of us is caught then we won't all be caught as well as that we need to do multiple tasks. I need someone to go door to door without being caught and alert the citizens to what is happening. We can't let any civilians get caught in the cross fire. We also need to see where the army is going to make its entrance from. We have to head over there once they get into the city since the Sentinels will no doubt head there as well to try and take the Generals out. If the Generals are taken out then morale will greatly deplete. We stay with the army and help clear the way for them and meet up with Dark Lightening as well."

He nodded some more, "First and foremost we clear the area of any bothersome Ancients. If a Sentinel comes we gang up on it. We should have some of the flying types in the army to act as messengers for us. If a Sentinel pops up they lead us to him and we focus on one Sentinel at a time. Take down one quickly and head to the next one. If a Sentinel does go after the army while we are busy only two of us will head to intercept. Only go and distract, don't fight him head on. We have power in numbers and their numbers are steadily slipping. There may be a chance, although slim, to find more Gold Tribe members in the city. We survived this long, there may be at least one other brother or sister hiding in there. If there is we find him or her and get them reinforced. As long as we take it smooth then we don't have to worry."

Penance paused, "There could be some consequences from the ambush though. Some Ancients could have fled and informed the Sentinels in the city of our actions and what traps we lay down. Those same traps could be used against us so be prepared for pit falls or even ambushes on the street and the Sentinels will probably know we are coming as well! They may be ready to try and divide us the moment we enter the city to kill us off. Don't let that happen! Everyone got it?" He asked as he looked around.

Last edited:

Garet

GhostFire
Years
Hanso smirked for a moment as Penance came to his senses. They usually did. His smirk left when Penance talked like he didn't remember anything. Not good. Not good at all.

"You...don't remember anything?" Zane asked Penance. "Defender...the ambush..."

"Was a success!" A voice said from behind. Hanso turned in a slow circle to see Lyn speaking, smiling brightly at Defender. "You got knocked out, but your plan went off without a hitch, and we rescued Roswell's brother. Roswell said that Noctus here would lead us into Albia!" Lyn turned to Noctus. "Isn't that right, Noctus?" She asked him.

"Err...yea. I'll be taking you guys to finish you job." Lyn nodded at him, still smiling brightly. She turned back to Defender and continued.

"Dark Lightning traveled to meet with General Belas and General Hazone and update them on our status, and see theirs as well. We'll probably meet up with him again when the battle starts."

Every word that came from Lyn's mouth hung in Hanso's mind. She was lying to Penance. Who would, quite possibly, just go crazy again when he learned the truth. Except an angry kind of crazy. Yet, it was the wrong time to try telling the truth.
Hanso shook his head and walked to the edge of the group as Ragnaros spoke. 'Speaking of the Alpha Alliance... aren't we late to our little rendezvous under those watchtowers?' He said with his usual loud voice. 'And I suppose we aren't carrying this guy around for nothin', right?' He stared intently at Noctus with his eyes brimming.

'So, maybe we should get moving already, and kindly ask our friend to spill the beans on how to get in the damned city.'

As Penance began speaking again, Hanso sighed as he looked around at the village, arms folded. We have a sane, planning Golduck at the price of some of our own honesty. Sure, Lyn was the one who spoke the words, but the rest of them were guilty by silence or spoken consent. What happened, anyways? Why the amnesia? All the same, he listened to Penance's plan. Simultaneously...Hanso could teleport and Ragnaros could fly. Calamity looked to be the silent-sneaker type. Hoodhide, Penance, and Lyn could move around quietly enough. Especially Lyn. She pops outta nowhere all the time.

Hanso flinched as Penance mentioned Dark Lightning. No good can come of this.

If they were going to have a lookout, they would need a means of communication. Penance mentioned flying types as messengers.

Hanso turned back to the group. "To answer your question, Ragnaros," he said, "if memory's right, the army marches on Albia a week from the time of our meeting back in Eternity. If it hasn't been a week yet, then we may have some time to smooth out our plans." He frowned a bit as he stared at Penance, arms still folded. Maybe there's something we could say to him to soften the blow that'll come...

SV

See You Space Cowboy
Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2022

Zane gathered around with the others as they formed a large circle. Penance began speaking about another plan to infiltrate the city. Truth be told, Zane had trouble listening at first, still remembering how moments earlier he was acting so much differently. He didn't even know what caused him to snap out of it. Zane tried to shake off these thoughts and get back to what everyone was saying. Defender was currently mentioned someone who would need to go door to door to warn the citizens what would be happening.

"I could probably do that." Calamity said. "Although I doubt I'd be able to get to all of them, I might be able to reach enough so that they themselves would spread the message as well."

Defender continued to talk about the plan, now describing the strategy for taking out Sentinels if they were to see any. The very mention of them made Zane think back at what he saw at the ambush site. There were definitely going to be Sentinels. He hoped the situation wouldn't repeat itself though.

"Seems sound to me." Zane said, agreeing with Defender's plan, trying to make everything seem normal.

TrueStriker then addressed an earlier question that Bloodthirster had.

"To answer your question, Ragnaros, if memory's right, the army marches on Albia a week from the time of our meeting back in Eternity. If it hasn't been a week yet, then we may have some time to smooth out our plans."

"He's right." Zane added. "It's only been about six days since we left Eternity City. We have the rest of today to plan out what we're going to do in Albia, and tomorrow the armies should be marching."

Noctus stepped forward. "Good plan you got there...but..." He pulled out a map of Albia he had in between the shoulder of his armor. "...it's going to be a lot easier when you see what I've got in store for you." Zane bent over and looked at the map. It was a map of Albia, as he expected, but all across of it were notes and scribbles, as well as arrows of pathways Zane never knew existed. "There are literally dozens of ways into Albia. Just depends where you're headed." Noctus continued. "Since we're going to the watchtowers..." He flipped the map over, revealing a map of a different zone, appearing to have the same layout and shape as Albia, but instead appearing to be underneath the city. "...we're gonna go through the sewers. Now, nobody knows about these except the thieves. We've got a whole buncha ways into the sewers, and a lot of different roads we dug up for ourselves. Our best bet is to take the north entrance, which is about ten kilometers north of Albia, just out of range of the north watchtowers. We could sneak in to the sewer entrance there, and make our way to the watchtowers underneath. There's paths down there that come up right under the four watchtowers. I can show one group where mine is, and draw a map for the other three."

It was amazing to Zane that something like this existed in Albia. On one hand, he felt a bit ashamed and insulted that the thieves built upon Albia's sewer systems into an elaborate getaway, and basically use the city for their own purposes. On the other hand, he was grateful such an easy way existed to begin with. But there was a more pressing concern for him. He had no idea the extent of the alliance between the thieves and the Silver Tribe. He had to ask Noctus if there was a chance that the thieves could have told them about this, without alerting Defender.

"Umm, Noctus. Is there a way somebody could be waiting for us down there?" He asked. Noctus looked at him, trying to figure out what he meant. "Meaning, someone could have found out about these paths." Seeming to understand what he was implying, Noctus answered, taking a short look at Defender before he did.

"Oh. I wouldn't worry about that. You don't come travel through the sewers looking to get caught. There are literally hundreds of directions that Pokemon can go under there. It would take an army to navigate under there and find every path down there without getting lost, and I doubt they'd waste an army for that, if they really did find out about it."

This was reassurance enough for Zane. He nodded in understanding.

"We can go in groups of three or so to each path and come up right under their noses. But one thing. I know the ways into Albia, but I don't know much about the city itself. So I can't help you there."

"I might be able to help out there." Zane said. "I've been to Albia quite a bit of times in my life. Albia's style is a lot different than Eternity City. There's almost no large or tall buildings, but instead many, smaller homes. Unlike Eternity, Albia is spread over a large area of land, substituting height for length. Going on rooftops might not be the best idea, though. Those four watchtowers around the city are the tallest buildings in Albia by far. They give them a 360 degree view of no just the city but the surrounding area as well. The sight of he buildings is dangerous, but the most deadly things about the watchtowers is the cannons on top of them. Upon each tower is positioned a Hyper Beam Cannon."

Every Gold Tribe member was required to learn about their own history in the Gold Tribe school they went to, no matter which one it was. This would be a reason everyone of them would be familiar with the Hyper Beam Cannons. They were an invention of a Gold Tribe member 100 years ago, an Emploeon by the title of "Tidechanger". In a battle in Poseida Village at that time, the first Hyper Beam Cannon was said to have taken out over a hundred Pokemon in a single shot. Of course, the current Hyper Beam Cannons have evolved since then, reducing the power for accuracy, but they still were extremely dangerous.

"We have to take them out before the army arrives, or they'll get annihilated."

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 25, 2024
Ragnaros 'Bloodthirster' Phylax

Ragnaros listened to Penance as their brother spew a chunkload of questions and information that would eventually become a plan. He smirked his red, furry eyebrows, thinking it'd be impossible to deal with all these Sentinels altogether, even if there was a revolution boiling in Albia and the army of the Alpha Alliance attacking the city. The watchtowers were still dangerous.

"To answer your question, Ragnaros," Hanso said, turning to him, "if memory's right, the army marches on Albia a week from the time of our meeting back in Eternity. If it hasn't been a week yet, then we may have some time to smooth out our plans."

The Salamence nodded his head and took his eyes from the Gallade, now fixing them onto Noctus who was unfolding a paper which appeared to be a map, and then another paper. The Cacturne was informing them of the existance of the sewers and how they were used by the thieves; a thought flashed in Ragnaros mind. How the heck am I going to get down there? I'm arguably the biggest here, and I'm afraid of these tunnels... he chuckled at his own thoughts. He wasn't afraid to face a Sentinel, but he was afraid of the underground caverns that could collapse on his head any time. Zane got him out of his thoughts by asking a crucial question: would they have company down there?

Noctus refused and stated a logical reason to why. The sewers were so vast, there was absolutly no danger. But what if Noctus crossed them right then? Ragnaros gave it some thought as Zane spoke again.

"I might be able to help out there." Zane said. "I've been to Albia quite a bit of times in my life. Albia's style is a lot different than Eternity City. There's almost no large or tall buildings, but instead many, smaller homes. Unlike Eternity, Albia is spread over a large area of land, substituting height for length. Going on rooftops might not be the best idea, though. Those four watchtowers around the city are the tallest buildings in Albia by far. They give them a 360 degree view of no just the city but the surrounding area as well. The sight of he buildings is dangerous, but the most deadly things about the watchtowers is the cannons on top of them. Upon each tower is positioned a Hyper Beam Cannon."

That did sound dangerous to Ragnaros, although avoiding the cannons would be relatively easy for him if he was in flight.

"We have to take them out before the army arrives, or they'll get annihilated."

Ragnaros frowned, despite agreeing with all this. His previous doubts about the thieves rose to the surface of his mind like giant Wailords.

'Now hold on just one second,' he said, louder than needed. He threw Noctus a hateful look. 'We already got double crossed by this thieving scum. Who tells us this so called Prince of theirs isn't an agent of doom?' Ragnaros could think of enough reasons of why they could trust him, but he wanted to make sure. He smirked again, now looking at the golden Bisharp.

'As for the sewer business, you know I can't go down there. I propose I wait for your signal behind the clouds - it's easier that way.'

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 1, 2023

Penance nodded, "Right, the cannons definitely have to go, that map even reminds me of when I was in Ca-" He stopped in mid sentence, "Uh... when I was younger." He quickly said. "We can use the sewers and get into the towers and we have to move fast! Three to each watch tower. We need to clear out any ancients simultaneously, for that Truestriker and myself will be in touch with everyone telepathically. We'll coordinate at the same time and charge up the towers. We get the canons under our control and we need to decomission them so that they aren't used on us or the city."

He sighed, "I know a lot of work went into those cannons but if the Sentinels are beaten back they could simply destroy the whole city if they wished with them. They must be destroyed. If not they will only be used against us and the civilians."

"One we get the cannons under control someone has to stay on top to alert the others to the positions of the Sentinels in the city. Truestriker, I need you to be able to teleport or use some form of telekinesis to communicate with us. Alternatively I can position myself up there and be able to communicate with everyone. Though I won't be present for the battles then, you all would have to relay my orders to Dark Lightening then and make sure he's on track with us."

He turned to Bloodthirster, "Yes, we were ambushed when we came into the city, but the thieves have proven themselves to us! Roswell didn't go back on his word and you should take that into consideration. This is all we have to go on Bloodthirster. Anyway, we could use you in the sky as well. You can actually be a good pair of eyes for me. I can see far, but not that far so with you up in the sky you can feed me or Truestriker the locations of the Sentinels and either one of us can give that information to the others."

He looked around, "Is this a sounding like a good plan? Any holes anyone sees or criticisms?"

Garet

GhostFire
Years
Hanso remained silent as the conversation continued. Noctus pulled out a map as he talked.

"There are literally dozens of ways into Albia. Just depends where you're headed." Noctus continued. "Since we're going to the watchtowers..." He flipped the map over, revealing a map of a different zone, appearing to have the same layout and shape as Albia, but instead appearing to be underneath the city. "...we're gonna go through the sewers. Now, nobody knows about these except the thieves. We've got a whole buncha ways into the sewers, and a lot of different roads we dug up for ourselves. Our best bet is to take the north entrance, which is about ten kilometers north of Albia, just out of range of the north watchtowers. We could sneak in to the sewer entrance there, and make our way to the watchtowers underneath. There's paths down there that come up right under the four watchtowers. I can show one group where mine is, and draw a map for the other three."

Hanso walked closer to the Cacturne so he could see the map better, his eyes scanning it as he committed some details to mind. When Zane asked if anyone could be lying in wait, Noctus assured him that it would take an army to cover the whole sewer system, if they knew about it in the first place. After seeing this map, Hanso wondered what, exactly, the residents of Eden Forest did with this knowledge. For that matter, had anyone ever mentioned why there were so many routes into Albia? This could go both ways, Hanso realized. If any of these routes led into the forest itself, then someone who wanted to attack the thieves could use this. So what happens once Albia is retaken? What will Noctus do, knowing that the Gold Tribe has seen his map now?

'Now hold on just one second,' Ragnaros said, louder than needed. He threw Noctus a hateful look. 'We already got double crossed by this thieving scum. Who tells us this so called Prince of theirs isn't an agent of doom?'

Hanso gave a silent sigh while the dragon added a comment. Trusting Roswell had, indeed, almost led the Gold Tribe to their doom. Penance didn't remember what happened, but that didn't change the fact that trusting any of the thieves might prove disastrous. Except...Noctus was providing the way into Albia. They had to trust him, at least for now.

Penance nodded. "Right, the cannons definitely have to go, that map even reminds me of when I was in Ca-" He stopped in mid sentence, "Uh... when I was younger."

Hanso stopped scanning Noctus' map to look up at the Golduck. First, Penance had not, he suspected, told them what his bracelet really was. Now, there's something about his past that he didn't want to reveal.
"One we get the cannons under control someone has to stay on top to alert the others to the positions of the Sentinels in the city. Truestriker, I need you to be able to teleport or use some form of telekinesis to communicate with us. Alternatively I can position myself up there and be able to communicate with everyone. Though I won't be present for the battles then, you all would have to relay my orders to Dark Lightening then and make sure he's on track with us."

I can try digging into his past later. Focus. As Penance finished talking, Hanso turned his attention back to the map. Holes... "Assuming there aren't any obstacles, how long should it take to get through the sewers?"

SV

See You Space Cowboy
Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2022

Defender nodded in agreement. He began making a comparison to this map and another, but never finished his sentence. Zane had his assumptions of what he was referring to, but Calamity and Hoodhide merely looked at Defender curiously.

"Now hold on just one second," Ragnaros began with a raised voice. He darted his eyes at Noctus. "We already got double crossed by this thieving scum. Who tells us this so called Prince of theirs isn't an agent of doom?"

Zane looked at Defender for a moment to make sure he didn't pick up on any of this. It was a slip by Ragnaros, something they would have to be careful of when addressing Defender about this topic. Defender responded.

"Yes, we were ambushed when we came into the city, but the thieves have proven themselves to us! Roswell didn't go back on his word and you should take that into consideration. This is all we have to go on Bloodthirster."

Noctus spoke up at this time. "Your Golduck's right. If I was going to betray, I would have done something already. Besides, why the heck would I share a secret like these sewers if I really was?"

Zane had to agree. There was also the unsaid part where Roswell left Noctus to die along with all of the other thieves in the ambush site. He doubted Noctus would still be working for him given the circumstance.

Noctus responded to TrueStriker's question. "Hmm...I'd say getting from the entrance up top to each watchtower, if we all move quickly, should take about an hour, give or take."

Calamity spoke up now. "I see no problems with the plan here, but who's going to go where? What should be the groups?"

"Hmm..." Zane pondered around, counting the Gold Tribe member plus Noctus around. Calamity, Defender, Guardia, Sword and Shield, Hoodhide, Bloodthirster, Dryad, Speculum, Willdfire, TrueStriker, and himself. Noctus would surely come, Sword and Shield was simply too big and Ragnaros would be their eyes in the skies. That left two or three to each watchtower.

"We'll have to keep you back, Sword and Shield. You probably wouldn't be able to maneuver very well down there. I'd say Noctus, Speculum and Dryad take the northwest tower, Wildfire, Guardia and Hoodhide to the northeast tower, Defender and myself take the southwest tower, and Truestriker and Calamity. Any objections with this?"

Last edited:

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 1, 2023

Penance was rather... aware that his previous statement stirred up some suspicion. He could see the other throw each other glances and he felt his heart beat a bit faster. He forced himself to remain calm and steady. If he started sweating or even stuttering a bit it would really give himself away. As Vigil laid down the plan where all of them would go and in what teams he nodded. "Yes, sounds like a good plan."

He turned to Truestriker, "Just a precaution though, you and I will have to keep in touch with the other groups. Keep a telepathic link with Noctus and I can keep a link with Guardia. There may be some surprises waiting for us there.... possibly a Sentinel." He nodded slowly as he crossed his arms, "Never rule anything out!"

He frowned, "Also, everyone, make sure to check for traps of any kind. Maybe they could weakened some of the stairs to collapse or even sacrifice a tower by knocking it down while we are in there. As long as some of us lose our lives they won't care since the operators of the cannons are no doubt Ancients. If anything shifts around or you hear something impacting with the tower, get out of there on the double."

He sighed, "Once you get the towers cannons smashed up enough we'll have to head to a rendezvous point. Now, the question is who stays up in a tower? Truestriker or myself? Bloodthirster."

He said as he turned to the dragon, "Depending on who stays up there you will have to land near a tower and let either of us hop onto your back. That way you we can both see down below and head down quickly if we are needed. Whoever does get with Bloodthirster will have to keep in contact with someone else to inform of where the Sentinels have been spotted. Now, does everyone understand this?"

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
A Name For All Things

Sovereign & Vera Fayos

Sovereign and Vera had been walking all day stopping only to eat, and the sun was beginning to set. "If we keep walking we should be there by midnight, right?" asked Sovereign. Vera looked up suddenly. She had been distant all day. "Yeah. We should," she said. Sovereign could tell she didn't want to go to Albia. He knew all about her childhood, and really couldn't blame her.

"Let's set up camp for the night. We'll get up early and reach Albia before business starts in the city." Vera smiled half-heartedly and nodded. Vera collected some wood and started a fire, while Sovereign gathered foor to cook. Soon, the moon was over head, and they were ready to rest. Vera stared into the fire as Sovereign laid down to sleep on a nearby boulder. "Don't think too much on it Vera. You need your rest too." But she was silent. Sovereign left it alone as he closed his eyes. The sounds of the forest and the fire began to fade away.

Do you remember the day I gave you your name? He opened his eyes to a familiar sky framed by tall mountains. The sun was high. As he looked around he could see a lone Pupitar laying on the ground, treated for serious injuries. He also recognized an ancient stone structure nearby. "Rise my son," came a deep voice from the stone structure. The Pupitar opened his right eye. His left eye had been badly injured, and he could not open it no matter how hard he tried. After a little struggle, he stood up. He wasn't used to this new form, and it was difficult to move around without legs. "Come to me," boomed the deep voice.

And so the Pupitar proceeded, and Sovereign followed. Once inside, he found himself gazing upon a great hall, lined with statues of great Legendary Dragons. Palkia and Dialga. Zekrom and Reshiram. Giratina and Kyurem. High in the temple, Latios and Latias were rendered like gargoyles watching over them. At the end of the hall, there was a shrine with a statue of Arceus himself. At the foot of the shrine there stood a Garchomp, waiting patiently. The Pupitar approached him.

"My name is Erratt Chronos, keeper of lost knowledge. What is your name?" asked the Garchomp. "I don't have one," the Pupitar responded. "There is a name for all things in this world. You are no different my son." The Pupitar suddenly came to a realization. "You're my father?!" Erratt smiled at him. "I am." Sovereign remembered this day clearly. It was the day he met his father. "What is this place?" asked the Pupitar. Erratt looked up and said, "This is Draco Temple. Long ago, when dragons segregated themselves from the rest of the world, they would gather here to share knowledge and test their strength." Erratt paused. "I am the keeper of this temple. I make sure that we never lose this part of our heritage."

"You have a gift my son." The Pupitar looked up in surprise. "You are unique. Dragon's blood flows through your veins. I can teach you to harness that strength. Is that what you want?" The Pupitar thought about this for a while. It was a lot to process. "I do! Train me to beat my mother! I have to win!" Erratt's smile lessened. "Outrage is both a blessing, and a curse. It grants its user unfathomable power, but at the terrible cost of self control. Are you certain?" The Pupitar now had a determined look on his face. "I am."

"Then you will need a name. Henceforth, you shall be known as..."

Sovereign. Wake up!

Sovereign opened his eyes once again to see Vera standing over him. "We need to get moving. The sun's about to come up."[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]​

Last edited:

SV

See You Space Cowboy
Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2022
*TIMESKIP*

Albia- Courtyard

Kyle "Gallant" Dellan breathed heavily in, but the simple act of taking air into his lungs now was painful. He could barely move his arms, them being chained apart. There were quite a bit of injuries present from his recent endeavors, half of them caused by damage he received during his part in the Albia rebellions, Gallant being one of the ringleaders. The others were caused by torturing, which had been the Silver Tribe's passtime since he was captured and the Albia rebellions were brought down.

Positioned right next to Gallant was Jirmonji ""The Swift" Slynt, the other instigator of the Albia rebellions, and when they failed, he too was caught by the Silver Tribe. Gallant can only guess what their fate would be now, but it seemed that question was about to be answered as he saw a figure appear in front of him. It was then he realized his exact location, the courtyard in the center of Albia, both himself and The Swift chained up and awaiting what appeared to be a public execution. In front of him, Frost of the Sentinels appeared.

"A very merry hunt you both have led us on." Frost said, slightly irritated, but that expression dropping and being replaced by a malicious smile. "But in ends now. In just an hour, I'll see you both killed right here in the center of town. Might be good for the citizens to watch two Gold Tribe publicly die like this. It'll teach them from trying anything similar in the future."

Gallant the Sawk sighed and turned his head to The Swift. "I'm sorry I had to drag you into this, brother." He said to him softly, before bringing his head down and staring off into the ground. "I don't expect we'll be getting out of this situation anytime soon."

Gallant sighed again, remembering back into a memory of his past, back when he was an instructor of the Heroes Alliance School. As an awfully old Sawk at 49 years of age, Gallant saw many recruits come through his classrooms, like Hanso "TrueStriker" Sharpeye and Gladius "Sword and Shield" Clipeum, and much recently the likes of Zane "Vigil" Tyrael, Penance "Defender" Malum, and Replicus "Speculum" Descendas. He had trained hundreds of pupils in his years, but the thought of all of those students most likely dead made his stomach churn. He had heard that some of the Gold Tribe survived, but what was the likelihood any of them came from H.A.S.?

Albia- Sewers

"Alright, this fork is where we'll split up." Noctus said, cross-referencing the map with the area they were in currently. "Here." He said, handing a map he made of the sewers to Defender, TrueStriker, and Wildfire. "Lead the rest of your teams through the path and to the points I marked on your map. There should be a path up right to the watchtowers. If my timing's right, we should all get to the places at the same time. The Golduck and the Gallade can message the rest of us when they're in position, and together, we storm your watchtowers and take em out."

Zane nodded. "Sound right to me." He looked at the rest of the Gold Tribe before they were to seperate. "It might be a while before we'll be able to meet up again...but good luck to you all. Remember to watch each other's backs. See you on the battlefield."

Speculum grinned at Zane, and left with Dryad and Noctus in his own group. Calamity nodded and went to another path with TrueStriker. Guardia looked at Zane and Defender with a rather serious look. "Don't die on me." She said to them. "Either of you."

Zane looked at Defender, and nodded to Guardia, as she disappeared with her own group. Zane proceeded down his path with Defender. The plan was setting in motion, and so far, not another single soul was seen in these sewers. Zane hoped their luck would continue, not wishing for a repeat of yesterday's events...

<Challenger>

Goodbye PC...for now.
Years
Jirmonji sighed. This might be their end, but it definitely wasn't the Gold Tribe's end. He wasn't going to die. Not like this. He looked to Gallant. "Please my old friend, if anyone is to blame, it's me. I'm the one who was in charge of the sentinels not getting to you."

He was scared, terrified out of his mind. He didn't know what to think. All he knew is that if he let these abominations kill him, it shows weakness in the Gold Tribe. He motioned for the Sawk to come closer. "I have an idea brother. A most excellent idea." he got a dangerous smirk on his face. "Tell me, are you in or out?"

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 1, 2023

Penance made sure to awake early and stretch and meditate his mind. He had participated in big events like this before, like with the ambush. There was a question burning in his mind, but now wasn't the time to ask. He knew exactly when he could pose the question. He was awake early in the morning so he took the time to rub his bracelet as much as he needed. Whatever would happen today, he would make sure luck would be with him and his brothers and sisters. For the rest of the time he just took in calming breaths and made sure to think of everything that could go wrong and would happen. He had to make sure that they would always be safe.

The others awoke and they headed into the sewers and they split up. Penance just stayed silent as the others went off and he gave a quick glance over the map and pointed forward, "Just follow me Vigil." He said as he headed off. The tunnels were dripping with moisture and the dirty water down below sloshed against the walls. Almost like home, Penance thought to himself.

He walked a bit more before he spoke. "What was Guardia lying to me about Vigil?" He asked as he continued walking. "I have spent a lot of time with liars Vigil. Spent a good chunk of my growing up with them. I know how to tell the signs. How hesitant you were when you were trying to tell me. If the ambush did go off without any accidents then you would have been overjoyed to tell me. You were not, you were trying to break something to me. The way Noctus was hesitant with his speech when he was talking after Lyn was more than enough to show that he had no idea what he was talking about and was gathering his thoughts to tell more lies. Truestriker flinched when I mentioned Dark Lightning indicating that any subject dealing with him is rather touchy and sensitive. The way you were talking about any other pokemon waiting for us down here and how Noctus glanced at me in that one second."

He stopped in his tracks. "One, you all are extremely horrible liars. Two, something happened back there at the ambush when I blacked out, something with Dark Ligtening. I could try guessing, but I'll assume things went rather sour."

He turned around and faced Vigil and stared him dead in the eye. "I won't grill you for information right now. We have too important a task to face and I won't let any distractions get in our way, but know this. After all of this is finished, after the battle is over. If we are still alive, I will find out exactly what was kept from me. I will either do it the easy way or the hard way. When I find out and once I have heard the truth, you may find one more Golduck traveling with the army instead of you."

With that he turned around and continued walking. "We take a left and then right ." He said as he disappeared around the corner.

Garet

GhostFire
Years
So, it wouldn't take too long to get to the watchtowers, then. Zane decided who would be grouped with who; Hanso and Calamity would take the southeast tower. There didn't seem to be any objections as the conversation continued.

Penance turned to Hanso. "Just a precaution though, you and I will have to keep in touch with the other groups. Keep a telepathic link with Noctus and I can keep a link with Guardia. There may be some surprises waiting for us there.... possibly a Sentinel." He nodded slowly as he crossed his arms, "Never rule anything out!"

Hanso glanced at the Cacturne. Might be a bit of a problem if Noctus doesn't like the idea. He knew he'd met other Pokemon who didn't like telepathy at all, or felt that it was an invasion of privacy, or some other reason. Penance added that they should get out of the tower if it felt like the stairs or tower would give out. As to whether Hanso or Penance would stay in the skies with Ragnaros...it was debatable, in Hanso's mind. Penance was the planner and, possibly, less experienced in open battle; he might do better as a lookout in the sky. On the other hand, Hanso was smaller, and he had his Heal Pulse and sharp eyes. Yet, he was older than Penance, which meant more experience. At least, that was his opinion.

We have time to settle this, so long as we don't put it off 'til the towers.

~~~~~

"Alright, this fork is where we'll split up." Noctus said, cross-referencing the map with the area they were in currently. "Here." He said, handing a map he made of the sewers to Defender, TrueStriker, and Wildfire. "Lead the rest of your teams through the path and to the points I marked on your map. There should be a path up right to the watchtowers. If my timing's right, we should all get to the places at the same time. The Golduck and the Gallade can message the rest of us when they're in position, and together, we storm your watchtowers and take em out."

Hanso accepted his map and looked it over, mentally noting the southeast tower and the path to get there. Before they had left Hoodhide's village, Hanso had made sure his bracer and Gold Tribe emblem were secure on his arm. It seemed possible that the emblem could give him away, somehow, but Hanso wasn't going to leave it behind this time. He folded his map so that he could slip part of it under his bracer before he and Calamity left on their route.

As they walked away from the others, Hanso reached out with his mind to Noctus. "Easier to establish this link now, rather than when we're further apart. Let me know if something goes wrong on the way to your tower." If there did happen to be any traps around one tower, then chances were, they'd be around the other three.
Let's hope we see them coming.

<Challenger>

Goodbye PC...for now.
Years
Jirmonji sighed. "Can we get this over with? My brother is waitin for me you know." he started to complain. "Your stench is also assaulting my nose. When was the last time you bathed?"

That comment infuriated her. "You insolent rebel dog! I'll have you know that I bathe daily!" she began to shout. "You and your petty 'brother' will face more than death. You shall be-" she didn't finish.

"Shut the hell up. Your being a *****." Gallant cut in. He winked at Jirmonji. "Spare us the details of your mornings. Speaking of mornings, will we be served breakfast?"

Jirmonji added in smirking, "Yes. I am famished. Nothing to to eat but that filth you call gruel and those rocks you call bread. Perhaps some berries. That would be rather nice for a change."

Gallant's comment made her snap. "Your lucky I didn't kill you when your petty rebellion started." she growled and looked as if a shadow ball or blizzard was in order.

"Pity you didn't. That would save us this heat. Not to mention your stink." Jirmonji winked at the Frosslass. "If you would be kind, I'd like the pleasure of you killing me in fair combat."

"No. You'll have no such pleasure, you fool." was the icy reply.

He looked the Frosslass in the eye. "Fine then. It seems that honor has left you, just as you left the Tribe. You and your 'petty' rabble. You piles of scum, you filth, you traitors, you cowards, you were never brothers. Just wicked eunuchs in a disguise. Burn in hell you demon." with that, he added one last phrase. "Let this coward kill us brother. It'll make our end comical. The foolish witch refused to kill us with honor." he looked down.

Frost hesitated, but roared with anger. "Fine. Have it your way. You can fight, but if I win, I kill you both. If you win, you can go free." Jirmonji exclaimed with joy...on the inside. "However, it must be both of you who fights." It was all going according to his whole plan.

Last edited:

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
Sovereign & Vera Fayos

As Sovereign and Vera walked into town, they noticed something strange. "Where is everyone?" Sovereign was not expecting empty streets upon arrival. "Maybe the rebellion has everyone spooked," guessed Vera. This seemed a reasonable eplaination given recent circumstances. "I'm going to the cemetary," said Vera, "I'll meet up with you later." She walked away without another word. This was no problem to Sovereign. He was much more interested in figuring out where everyone was.

After a little wandering through the city, he eventually found a crowd of people looking at a group chained up on the ground. "A very merry hunt you both have led us on." Damn. Sovereign hated Frost with a burning passion. "But it ends now. In just an hour, I'll see you both killed right here in the center of town. Might be good for the citizens to watch two Gold Tribe publicly die like this. It'll teach them from trying anything similar in the future." They were Gold Tribe. Good. They managed to capture the leaders of the rebellion. Sovereign pushed his way through to the center of the crowd.

The Gold Tribe members were talked a little amongst each other. Sovereign ignored Frost as he approached the Scizor. "So what now? Are you just going to sit there and wait to die?" He found it disgusting. It would be better to die than to be captured. "Show me you've still got some fight left in you." He spoke as if he had been personally insulted, as he leaned in close and stared fiercely into his eyes with all the hate in his soul.

<Challenger>

Goodbye PC...for now.
Years
"What are now? Are you just gonna sit there and wait to die? Show me you have some fight left in you." The Swift and Gallant turned around to see a hulking Tyranitar.

Jirmonji was furious." DO NOT DOUBT MY WILL TO FIGHT. I AM TRYING TO ARRANGE A BATTLE SO THAT WE COULD WIN OUR WAY OUT. WHO ARE YOU TO CALL US COWARDS??!!" his voice was filled with rage, and he moved towards the bigger pokemon.

Kevin grabbed his shoulder and held him back. "No brother. Leave him. I'm so sorry my good sir. He has a small bit of a temper." he looked at the Tyranitar. "Who ARE you?"

SV

See You Space Cowboy
Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2022
Albia- Courtyard

Unsure of how he had done it, Gallant watched as the Swift had managed to convince Frost to let them go if they won in a fight. A Tyranitar managed to come forward and took a jab at the Scizor, causing him to erupt in anger for a moment, only to be quelled down by Gallant. Now, it seemed they would both have their chance to fight.

"Break both of their chains." Frost commanded to an Ancient closeby. The obeyed, and Gallant and Swift were both released from their bindings. A circle of Ancients formed around the two of them and Frost. "I'm in a rather good mood, so I'll let you both fight." She turned to the large Tyranitar that had arrived. "Sovereign, would you care to assist me? You may fight the Scizor. I shall take on the Sawk. If you beat us, you're free to go, if you lose, you die here on this very spot."

Gallant nodded in understanding. A fight against a Sentinel would be tough. But they each had to fight one now. This wasn't going to be easy.

Albia- Sewers

As the Gold Tribe split up and went their separate directions, Zane followed Defender silently down their own path. He had specifically positioned both of them to go the same direction because he wanted to make sure Defender was still alright mentally. He also thought that if he went with him, he could try to prevent the Golduck from learning anything he shouldn't at the moment.

"What was Guardia lying to me about Vigil?" Zane stopped dead in his tracks. Defender continued walked, so after a moment of Zane composing himself, he caught up and walked behind him again. Defender explain how he was able to tell that they were all acting suspiciously, and for good reason. Zane wasn't much of a good liar, as Penance had mentioned, and everyone else was a bit slow to put together the lie. This couldn't end well, especially if Defender broke down just before they started their operation.

"Defender..." was all that Zane could say at the moment, until Defender assured him that he wouldn't grill for answers at the moment, until this battle was finished, one way or the other. So Zane continued to follow silently, still unsure of what to do or say when the time truly came.

"Easier to establish this link now, rather than when we're further apart. Let me know if something goes wrong on the way to your tower." Noctus heard in his head, the voice coming from the Gallade.

"I hear ya." He acknowledged, as he pressed forward with his group. The sewers curved left and right like a maze. Truly, without a guide or a map, one would get lost in these places. Thankfully, Noctus had been down these paths enough times to know where to go.

"Let's see, should be another left and...ah!" Noctus exclaimed, as he noticed a ladder staircase that went up. "Alright we're in position. You should all be coming up on your own exists soon too. The northeast path should have a similar ladder exist, while the two south paths have a caged sewer opening. All paths lead right next to a watchtower."

<Challenger>

Goodbye PC...for now.
Years
Jirmonji gulped. It was two sentinels against him and Gallant... "You can have your partner. We will STILL defeat you. Be at arms." he got into a fighting stance and looked around. I can't fight my way out of all those ancients. I have to fight these thugs. Oh well. I wo't go down without a fight. These demons shall taste my claw before I go down. May Rey have mercy on me. Only one thing to do... "FOR REY!!!!" he gave a mighty battle cry and charged the Tyranitar named Sovereign and swung a mighty metal claw at him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back