• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Challenge Ideas & Discussion

Do you feel more people should get into Nuzlockes?

• Yes

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • No

Votes: 12 63.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
Years
I excluded Lapras due to how much GSC TMs suck. There's no Thunderbolt, no Ice Beam, and Psychic isn't until after the E4. You're stuck with stupid powder snow. Delibird was just so you could have someone fly for you. Flying might be a useful type. Idk.

As for Electric, personally I wouldn't worry about Steven. If you could hack in like a Chinchou, by Steven your Lanturn will be ridiculously high, and could fo sho one shot Aggron and probably Claydol. But I guess that also means that anyone could one shot Wallace - Whiscash, so you're probably right. Personally, I think the rule should be you can hack in if you can't obtain a Pokemon before the first gym, since that's a major event in the story that you're gonna miss. I'd allow it, but if its an ulti, you'd have to talk to Alakazam.
Lapras learns Ice Beam by level up, and Crystal has the Move Tutor for Thunderbolt, although that's post E4. It should be fine, I think. As for hacking, Manectric is obtainable before the second gym, although I do share your opinion on that, especially if there are no others available until late, as would be the case for Electric on Hoenn.

myrrhman

Challenge God
Years
Yeah, if I had a Manetric for that late (looking like what, 5 badges worth?) I'd be tempted just to solo with Manetric. And that's not the point of a Monotype.

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
Years
You know, I apologize for not being here as often as I could, but I just haven't had the motivation to keep playing Emerald lately. Last time I opened up the game I moved maybe 10 steps, and quit because I was just bored. I'll try to continue sometime soon or something, since it needs to be done! D:

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Aug 15, 2012
The Datai challenge. Solo NFE, preferably a weak and unhacked one.

I would do it, but I'm not good enough.

myrrhman

Challenge God
Years
The Datai challenge. Solo NFE, preferably a weak and unhacked one.

I would do it, but I'm not good enough.
Can basic only but 3 of them count? I did a Nuzlocke with Geodude, Zigzagoon, and someone else (maybe a seedot or something, because I remember it was a trio-basic only-nuzlocke-brown only challenge)

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Aug 15, 2012
Can basic only but 3 of them count? I did a Nuzlocke with Geodude, Zigzagoon, and someone else (maybe a seedot or something, because I remember it was a trio-basic only-nuzlocke-brown only challenge)

That would not be the Datai challenge. He did solo runs with his NFEs.

But I've seen a NFE team only challenge.

Years
So, as you all know, Pokemon Black and Pokemon White are coming out on the 6th of March, and the 4th for your Europeans.
I'm quite tempted to Nuzlocke my copy of Pokemon White, especially with the prospect of the ability Sturdy and it's life-saving potential.
Although I'd also love to do something I haven't done in a long time, playthrough a game with a team of my favorites, in this case, Sammurott, Haxorus, Reuniclus and Conkeldurr.
While I would love to use all of those Pokemon, it would just seem that the extreme grinding I'd need to do would have less of a purpose.
So, if anyone feels like swaying me, should I nuzlocke White on the first go?

Gilgαmesh

If it were me, I wouldn't do any challenges on the first go and enjoy the game first before I do any challenges like the Nuzlocke. The Nuzlocke itself seems pretty hard or something idk. :(

myrrhman

Challenge God
Years
So, as you all know, Pokemon Black and Pokemon White are coming out on the 6th of March, and the 4th for your Europeans.
I'm quite tempted to Nuzlocke my copy of Pokemon White, especially with the prospect of the ability Sturdy and it's life-saving potential.
Although I'd also love to do something I haven't done in a long time, playthrough a game with a team of my favorites, in this case, Sammurott, Haxorus, Reuniclus and Conkeldurr.
While I would love to use all of those Pokemon, it would just seem that the extreme grinding I'd need to do would have less of a purpose.
So, if anyone feels like swaying me, should I nuzlocke White on the first go?
I'll Nuzlocke with you. Although you have the advantage, I don't know a thing about the Pokemon, other than I'm picking Pokabu. Not Tepig, Pokabu.

Hawkfire-the-cat

I wrote this ya know
Years
  • Seen May 2, 2012
my first walktrough on Black will be a monotype, although I have no idea on which one I want to do first, Any ideas?

I haven't really done much mono-types, but for unova I'd consider grass; there's several ones with dual types, like ferrothorn and sawsbuck, and dark; you can get one early on and use some powerful mons like scrafy and bisharp. Fire would also be okay, as long as you got a darmanitan with zen mode.

myrrhman

Challenge God
Years
I haven't really done much mono-types, but for unova I'd consider grass; there's several ones with dual types, like ferrothorn and sawsbuck, and dark; you can get one early on and use some powerful mons like scrafy and bisharp. Fire would also be okay, as long as you got a darmanitan with zen mode.
This is why I'm doing a Nuzlocke, I did not understand anything that you just said. With monotypes, I have to sort of plan out where to go to get my Pokemon, with a Nuzzy, there's no planning.

Years
I'll Nuzlocke with you. Although you have the advantage, I don't know a thing about the Pokemon, other than I'm picking Pokabu. Not Tepig, Pokabu.

I've had experience with Isshu Pokemon, as I've played on a ROM once or twice. While I'm not going to give you an extensive description of Unova and it's Pokemon, but I am going to tell you that you better be damn sure that your Pokemon can handle ANYTHING, before you challenge the 2nd gym. I'll be using Oshawott, as Tepig's name is sub-par and Daikenki's amazing design and power is far too hard for me to resist.

If it were me, I wouldn't do any challenges on the first go and enjoy the game first before I do any challenges like the Nuzlocke. The Nuzlocke itself seems pretty hard or something idk.

Nuzlockes honestly aren't too hard if you're careful and value each of your Pokemon. The reason I'm choosing to do one, is because Nuzlockes tend to give me a greater appreciation for my Pokemon and a viable reason to grind.

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
Years
This place needs more love from me. :D
Anyway, I started a Ruby solo run, and since I'm using a cartridge of Ruby, it will be a very slow run. I've already made it to two badges, with me being Awesome (I named myself that), and using a Shroomish named Florence, since that's the most manly name out there. :)

myrrhman

Challenge God
Years
This place needs more love from me. :D
Anyway, I started a Ruby solo run, and since I'm using a cartridge of Ruby, it will be a very slow run. I've already made it to two badges, with me being Awesome (I named myself that), and using a Shroomish named Florence, since that's the most manly name out there. :)
I love names like that. Once, I named a Machop by the name of Mercy.

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
Years
It's fun to use those sorts of names, like when I speak to main people, it's like "Who are you then? ... ... .. .. .. .. ... ... .. Oh, so you're Awesome!" I love that! Also I just chose Florence since it's a Male Shroomish, and everyone knows that Florence is the manliest of manly names out there! :D

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Aug 15, 2012
Did someone already mention this:

Only Required Challenge

Only fight required trainers and no wild grinding. Anything else goes.

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
Years
Well since the Combined Solo Challenge hasn't been updated yet, and there are no new posts there and I wanted to void double posting, I will just tell you in a small summary what has happened quickly.
Florence is now level 31 and I have just defeated Wattson, which was a long battle, but not very hard.

Spr_3r_285.png

Florence @ Everstone
Level: 31
Nature: Quirky
~ Mega Drain
~ Bullet Seed
~ Headbutt
~ Leech Seed

I'm planning a Leech Seed/Spore/Giga Drain/Return set for the future.

11wildy

Me!
Years
Doing a mono grass on black, which turns out it's going to be very hard xD. I got 4 gym disadvantages, trio gym, flying gym, ice gym and Dragon gym. Also, not sure on what team I should take. I got a Snivy evo right now, but there are a lot of others available. Maybe Forrethorn, but that evolves very late and is available late I think. I do want that season deer though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back