• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Your partner

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
In Black and White I'm sure we've all gotten attached especially to one Pokemon or another. Whether it be the first one you've caught in-game, one of your favourite legendaries, a shiny or maybe the first Pokemon you set eyes on and set out to catch ! Which one is yours? Tell us about how you came across it and why it means a lot to you. n_____n

Psystar63

☆ || [The Wandering Star] || ☆
Years
For me- Hydreigon! OMG Finally a Dark/Dragon type Pokemon. When I first found out about Hydreigon, it became my absolute mission to get one on my team for Black. Hydreigon has become like my go-to pokemon for nearly everything: Battling the Elite Four, Battling on the Battle Subway, stomping Ghetsis and his hacked Hydreigon into the ground... My Hydreigon Nyx even managed to knock out Zekrom with just a hit...
Yeah, I absolutely love dark and dragon types, and gen 5 finally brought me the perfect combination of those types in one amazing Pokemon.
The only thing I was upset about: Deino could only be found towards the end in Victory Road. I really wanted to have my Hydreigon to totally own the Opelucid Gym.
But owning Ghetsis' Hydreigon was good enough for me :D

Years
Sceptile. Everytime I played through Ruby or Emerald I would pick Treeko. Gex became like my sidekick, he was so awesome. I'm thinking about breeding a Gex junior and having it properly trained.
In fact yes! I will do that right now, thanks for the idea TS!

Years
My Samurott, I trained him to be both a physical and special attacker. He has been in my party since I started playing Black and he's still with me.

Also, my Gothitelle and Chandelure. They have been on my team since I initially caught them as a Gothita and Litwick and they became awesome powerhouses and helped me in the last few fights.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Mar 13, 2023
Oh, my dear Samurott...... I've raised it since young & it's still my powerhouse in BW. Since May 2011 till September 2012, it's still my fav.

luke

Master of the Elements
Years
I have an Eelektross I've been attached to since I caught it in my first run through on B&W. He's named Jetsam and he is Naughty natured with a 30 IV in Attack. He's a beast and single handedly helped save me during my initial E4 run. He's such a badass and I'll never get rid of him. I actually just bred him and I'm going to "start" with his son Flotsam in B&W2 as a tribute to his badassery.

Kikaito plush

Angeline plushxKikaito plush
Years
I have two which I call the duo of pain Pala my shiny togetic which took me over 700 eggs to get. And Nicko the Scrafty which is totally EV trained correctly.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Such nice posts here guys ;;

As for me I have five partners! Well if we're talking about closest.. Then three maybe?! Firstly my Emboar, Eminem, the first Pokemon the Unovian trainer Forever ever owned! While he isn't level 100 and has a bad nature he helped her reach the E4. :3 Then there's Fighter, the Herdier - who proved to be a Fighter by attacking me and not being caught and therefore is named Fighter! My first Herdier on White is also a partner but she spends her days breeding baby Lillipup for an army. Then there's my Audino, who was my first to level 100 (I think...) and I only got it because a certain someone kept making threads related to Audino :3 Oh there's also my Zekrom, Catchrate, who was my first major legendary and I used to help me Fly and stuff!

Okay shutting up now because I wrote more than one partner and excluded Scrafty/Boldore/Sigilyph. :(

Years
Talk about starter partner BW, I always choose Oshawott. Then I will evolving it to be Samurott as my Physical and Special Attacker. Samurott is a leader in my BW party because its level and stats are good for taking a battle with E4. He's the best starter Pokèmon :D

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Oct 11, 2012
My starter since that's what all the games encourage. For Black, it's my Samurott that I raised from the most adorable starter ever, Oshawott, who I named Cye after the character from Ronin Warriors(an old classic from my childhood) whose magical samurai armor is water powered and it's even called the the "Armor of Torrent." Why couldn't he have been water/fighting so I could make really good use of how he can use special and physical attacks on a more even level compared to the other water starters?

vlay

Picnicker
Years
  • Seen Nov 18, 2012
I choose Snivy
Snivy is great pokemon, I love the design but she not too strong -_- but I love still her :D

Fratunox

The Night Brother
Years
My DRATINI (Dragonite) is my partner in Black.
He's perfect for me.
I love my DRATINI.

We like to hang out at the Casteliacone cart, waiting for the line to die down (and being disappointed when it doesn't.)

We like to take on Morimoto, just the two of us. He's easy.

We also like taking on Cynthia alone, too. Also fun.

Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2022
Scizor the first time i saw it , i tough what a bad ass pokemon . mine has been transfered from game to game since gen 2 and will be on on BW2 game just has it was on BW
Its just so versatile so powerful and its freaking red my favorite color :cool:

Years
Aside from my Samurott, I've had my Sigilyph and Simisear in my party from very early on, and the three of them were the backbone of my team from when I got them right through the Elite Four. My other three Pokemon always seemed to rotate, but I made sure that these 3 were with me at all times.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Dennie my Stunfisk <3 I originally started using her as a joke since I was dared to, but then I actually gave her a chance and she was amazing. I was so surprised by her power that I kept her on my team and I still use her now, it's a surprisingly strong Pokémon and the Ground/Electric dual-typing is wonderful in battle. Also Stunfisk has a really cool design and a very interesting personality, so I was happy to train one after seeing it's potential :3

SoulSilver10112

George the Poliwag
Years
  • Seen Jun 30, 2013
My Emboar and Liepard, Cinders and Midnight. They got me through the Elite Four twice, and the champion once. Also, they make a good team in double battles. A close second, though, is Aquamarine, my Simipour I hatched from an egg.

Years
Other than Golurk, for some reason Stoutland. I've never actually used one as my herdier died as a herdier in my nuzlocke run :( but for some reason I just feel attached to it, as I really loved my herdier and was very excited for a stoutland. Next time I play White, stoutland will be there.

And I also, I grew somewhat attached to my Leavanny. I doubted its usefulness, and was proven wrong, which made me like her even more. Ah memories. :D

Years
  • Seen Sep 15, 2013
Reuniclus, and Haxorus. My god, the perfect duo. One pierces the Sp Def tanks, the other goes for Def tanks...

Back