• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

3rd Gen Advance Generation Question & Answer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Mar 13, 2022
Insert Pokemon

How could I "hack" pokemon into my gba save games? I have seen people alter them, but I cannot find a good software to do it with... Thanks in advance!

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Mar 13, 2022
Ok... I'll try it, thanks

EDIT: It won't work for me... every time I try to open a save file in it, it stops working... anybody have other programs?

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jul 30, 2016
Guidance Needed in Identifying Fake Cartridges

Hey, I recently purchased Leafgreen and Emerald versions of Pokemon and I need some help verifying their legitimacy, which I believe both to be fakes.

Pokemon Emerald:

Front:
imgur.com/IaxOsd8.jpg
Sorry for not-so-clear image, this looks fake to me as the sticker is not shiny unlike others i've seen to be legit.
Serial : AGB-AXPE-USA

Back:
imgur.com/P12Qf3h.jpg
Checked this with my ruby version and the circuit board does look different. not much else to say. Text says : Nintendo MODEL NO AGB-002 PAT. PEND MADE IN JAPAN

Internals:
imgur.com/FuiaHzf.jpg
Haven't opened it up to check properly as I my triwing screwdriver hasn't arrived yet, but from what i've seen the circuit board has printed on it : i (circled) Nintendo EO1-41
Holding up the cartridge I can see that it doesn't seem to have a internal battery.

Other Tests/Notes:
Saving works fine, when saving it's as if the game freezes momentarily then resumes, something I haven't noticed on my ruby. always says "The previous save file will be loaded" after menu screen.

Caught 6 pokemon and transfered them to PC storage and tried to migrate them to my Soulsilver, the game didn't show up at the main menu unlike my Ruby version.

Using GBA-Backup-Tool I backed up both the Rom and .sav file from the cartridge, seems the save file is 64kb big unlike my ruby which was 128kb and VBA can only run the game and save in flash 54k mode, when trying to save in emulator the game freezes.

Link to save+rom : www DOT dropbox.com/s/fn7ixofas54i7ie/Pokemon%20Emer.rar (my own save game)

Advertised as "imported version", save file tested.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Pokemon Leafgreen:

Front:
imgur.com/Ggazd8H.jpg
Looks almost real to me, the sticker is shiny, the only thing that looks odd is no printing in the nintendo seal, could've been rubbed off but I am not sure.
Serial : AGB-BPGE-USA

Back:
imgur.com/fEJXuA4.jpg
Text says: Nintendo MODEL NO AGB-002 PAT. PEND MADE IN JAPAN

Internals:

imgur.com/XNJv4z4.jpg
haven't opened either, although harder to see I dont see any bulge that would indicate a internal battery, which is fine from what I know, correct me if im wrong but I don't think leafgreen has one?

Other Tests/Notes:
Saving works fine, when saving it's as if the game freezes momentarily then resumes, something I haven't noticed on my ruby. always says "The previous save file will be loaded" after menu screen.

Caught 6 pokemon and transfered them to PC storage and tried to migrate them to my Soulsilver, the game didn't show up at the main menu either.

Using GBA-Backup-Tool I backed up both the Rom and .sav file from the cartridge, seems the save file is 64kb big, same problems when testing on VBA.

Link to save+rom : www DOT dropbox.com/s/djumxt5fo29jgcw/Pokemon%20Leaf.rar (loaded with the save file I received out of the package)

Please help me figure this out so I can take action and have them returned ASAP!

Last edited:

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
We have a guide in the FAQ about identifying fake games. But I'll go ahead and say that these sound fake to me. :x

Years
Methods for Catching Latios and/or Latias

Like the title says, what kind of methods did you all use to catch these elusive buggers??? Also, in Emerald, which did you choose to chase around the world? I always chose Latios, not sure why... But yeah my method was fairly simple:

1. Forget about it and work on the Pokedex until it randomly appears.
2. Throw Masterball

Also! i was wondering if anyone has seen a shiny form of either of them (no hacks). Because I've always wondered, if it is shiny the first time you see it, will it be shiny every time?

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
You can get them to be shiny, but it's still very difficult. It requires you to have to find Lati@s right after you talk to your mom at the beginning of post-game, since that triggers it to start roaming. And if you find it and it's not shiny, you'll have to try again. If it is and it runs, it will still be shiny next time you find it. But in RS, both Lati@s have awful IVs. If you want one that's shiny, just SR or RNG the ones in BW2.

Years
  • Seen May 8, 2013
RARE Pokemon GBA Game?!

Hey guys, I am new here. I was wondering if you could tell me what Pokemon game is on this guys GBA cart? it looks to be in Asian language but not Japanese and was released in 2007? which does not make sense, it does look legit to me to, here is the YouTube page: watch?v=TUyMsYKMv4w
any info would be appreciated! thanks

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Once the video started, it was easy to tell it's fake. RS came out in Japan in 2002, and Emerald in 2004. By 2007 in Japan, they already had Diamond and Pearl for quite a while. There would be no need to have a GBA game, so even before we see the language of the game show up, we can rule it out of being a Japanese game. And not only that, but Altaria...does not come out in the opening sequence. I love my fluffy bird and all, but that is not what happens, haha. And the title screen didn't even show up. And RSE circuits don't look like that. It's fake, fake, fake. Looks like it's a Korean bootleg, if I had to take a guess.

Years
My Ruby Cartridge's circuit board, help?

I accidently got it wet and the whole thing corroded; is there any way to fix it? I read you can use a pencil eraser to get the corrosion off, is that true?

Years
You can use a pencil eraser. Rub the corroded areas firmly (but not too firm), using a cloth to clean off the eraser shavings and other gunk. Try it again and hopefully that works. note: some erasers are made with certain oils that shouldnt be left on a circuit board, if you want you can remove these oils by dabbing the spots you used the eraser on with a cotton bud and a a little alcahol. Then dry it by dabbing it with a dry cloth. You may want to also let it dry on its own for a while before testing the game

Years
the corrosion is a 4 year buildup, and the thin parts of the circuit board have probably been eaten through mostly. will that still work? Also, my game rarely works, though it turns on sometimes. is that an affect of the corrosion? If so, follow up question; Will it stop completely if I get the corrosion off correctly? And the last question comes from this: Whenever I hit save, my game says saving, the music still goes in the background, but it never saves, it would literally attempt to save for an eternity. Would this also be fixed if I got it off correctly?

Last edited:
Years
the corrosion is a 4 year buildup, and the thin parts of the circuit board have probably been eaten through mostly. will that still work? Also, my game rarely works, though it turns on sometimes. is that an affect of the corrosion? If so, follow up question; Will it stop completely if I get the corrosion off correctly? And the last question comes from this: Whenever I hit save, my game says saving, the music still goes in the background, but it never saves, it would literally attempt to save for an eternity. Would this also be fixed if I got it off correctly?

Sounds like its a goner. You might aswell try to clean it up and hope for the best but it doesn't sound good. Tbh it's probably easier to buy another. If it's eaten through enough of it then it will certainly mes with the game. You'll have to be very carefull when you're cleaning it because it will be very fragile. Good luck and let me know how it goes.

Years
  • Seen Mar 8, 2014
Just wondering if I can post a thread like this in the advance gaming forum:

PichuVSLink's Fire Red Challenge!

I would document day by day, what happened during my adventures in the game, sort of like a journal.
Please, hear me out! The reason that I want to do this is that in another thread (sorry, can't post links yet) about my lack of dedications in the pokémon games, and I think that a thread like that would keep me motivated.

So, what do you think?

Years
Just wondering if I can post a thread like this in the advance gaming forum:

PichuVSLink's Fire Red Challenge!

I would document day by day, what happened during my adventures in the game, sort of like a journal.
Please, hear me out! The reason that I want to do this is that in another thread (sorry, can't post links yet) about my lack of dedications in the pokémon games, and I think that a thread like that would keep me motivated.

So, what do you think?

The idea sounds interesting, but im not sure that you can post a tread like that.

Remember that in cases of doubt the best you can do is sent a private message or visitor message to the Moderator of the forum, in this case you must ask directly to Sydian, mainly to avoid breaking forum rules.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
It's only on Mt. Pyre, I'm afraid. It's got a really low encounter rate too, so if you want one, you may be searching a long time. :( btw, it's on the outer grassy area of Mt. Pyre, not the inside.

Years
  • Seen Jun 2, 2013
Berry help for Sapphire needed!

I want to get my Feebas to max beauty but the good berries that make the grade B indigo poke blocks I can only seem to get from the berry master. If I fast forward the date on my calendar on my computer will I be able to keep getting berries if I'm playing a rom?

Years
  • Seen Jun 3, 2013
Help With an Emerald Team

Hey guys, my name is Padfoot and I started playing pokemon emerald again today and I need to know if my team sounds good. (In final evolution form). I'm trying to use pokemon I've never used before or often.
Blaziken: Fire/Fighting
Altaria: Flying/Dragon
Cacturne: Dark/Grass
Claydol: Ground/Psychic
Wailord: Water or Walrein: Ice/Water
For my final team member I couldn't decide what to do so I came up with some options
Swalot: Poison
Metagross: Steel
Zangoose: Normal
Manetric: Electric
Exploud: Normal
Help me Please!

Goldenhand

Hatched Egg
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 30, 2014
For your final pokemon I would choose between Metagross, Zangoose, and Manetric, as poison isn't a very good type(Swalot), and I've never really liked Exploud.

Metagross has very good stats and can learn a lot of good moves such as meteor mash and earthquake. However, you can't get it until very late in the game, and when you do, you have to level it up a ton until it actually becomes useful. If you're planning to take on the Frontier with this team, I would definitely go for it, as I used it on my Battle Frontier team which was able to win me all seven silver symbols. However if you just want to play through the regular game, then I would go with one of the other options.

Zangoose isn't obtainable without trading from Ruby in Emerald, so if you can't do that, he isn't an option. However, if you can get him, I would make him your first choice, since with one or two swords dances under his belt and a STAB slash and quick attack, he can sweep most boss trainers in the game. He also is very cool looking.

Manetric IS obtainable very early on, and has decent stats. His electric typing will also be useful to you in fighting the Champion, the eight gym, and is just a generally good type all around.

As for the Waillord/Walrein dilemma, I would go with Walrein, since having a good ice beam on the team somewhere helps a lot, and you don't have anyone else who can use it on your team. (except maybe Claydol or Altaria, I'm not sure. Either way, Walrein gets STAB).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back