• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

3rd Gen Advance Generation Question & Answer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aegis

The Savage Nymph
Years
[Advanced Generation]
Question & Answer Thread​

{Introduction}

Welcome to the Advanced Generation Question & Answer thread! This thread is really freakin' old and has been serving its purpose well. If you need help finding Sableye in Sapphire or if you're lost in the Sevii Islands on FireRed, this is the thread to ask! Just post whatever questions you may have, and someone will come along and answer it for you.

So basically, just post asking whatever question you might have. Other members will come along and give you answers if there is one, and there you go! If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to contact the moderator of this section.​

{Rules}

→ This thread is for asking simple questions about any of the Advanced Generation games (Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald, FireRed, and LeafGreen). If you have a question about any of the other games, check out their own respective forums.

→ Before posting in here, please check Google, Bulbapedia, or Serebii. It will be a lot faster.

→ All of the PokéCommunity rules apply to this thread~

→ All of the General Pokemon Gaming Discussion rules are in tact as well.

→ Do not make a post asking why people haven't answered your question. Give it time, eventually somebody will come along and answer it.

→ This is not a help thread for hacks or for giving out Action Replay/Gameshark codes! If someone asks for them, point them to Emulation or Google. Or an LP on YouTube.

Orginally written by Aegis.

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
  • Seen Jan 1, 2009
Action Replay v3?

Hello--I just bought an Action Replay MAX for GBA/SP and none of the codes work for me on either firered, leafgreen, or ruby...even the ones that come default with the game! In the FAQs I keep seeing that "these codes were designed for Action Replay software version 3"....What version of Action Replay uses this software???
If anyone has used the Action Replay successfully with the codes listed on the gamefaqs.com Action Replay faq

please discuss you experiences here! Thank you!

UekiFan4

Go Green, And Save The World!!
Years
Pokemon Emerald Problem

After defeating Champion Wallace and after the saving during the credits,I immediately turn off the game and guess what? The stupid cartridge said:

"The file has been deleted due to corruption or damage.........The game can be played."

Help! The same thing keeps happening even after 2-3 yrs of playing it and after buying a new and more "legal" copy! When I did the same thing with my Ruby version it didn't delete the file! Help!

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
"The game can be played" means that you have a fake cartridge. Real cartridges would say "The internal battery has run dry. Time-based events will no longer occur, but the game can be played" or something similar; fake carts don't have batteries, so the message was hacked as not to arouse suspicion.

If the game was bought on eBay or Amazon, and the box came flat-packed, it's a fake. Real games never come in flat-packed boxes.

Dusclord

Ganon killer
Years
I thought that the AR MAX was an AR for the Playstation 2 :\

Anyway, are you sure that you activated the mastercode ? If you don't put the mastercode on, nothing will happen, moreover if you try to activate too many codes at the same time the game will start normally.

GKS

Retired Hacker
Years
  • Seen Dec 23, 2013
Raise it's happiness to a high point and level up at night. It doesn't work in FireRed or LeafGreen.

Years
  • Seen Jan 1, 2009
I thought that the AR MAX was an AR for the Playstation 2 :\

Anyway, are you sure that you activated the mastercode ? If you don't put the mastercode on, nothing will happen, moreover if you try to activate too many codes at the same time the game will start normally.

The (m) code is activated by default--you cannot unactivate it. There are multiple versions of AR MAX for the different console games.

I have tried everything with those codes..only one at a time etc...and NOTHING works.

Dusclord

Ganon killer
Years
Then I really don't know, try to check if the codes are done for you game (for example if they are for japanese games while yours is american or european) but I don't think it's because of that... My Gameshark is only called "Action Replay", and it works with the gameshark v3 codes, maybe your Action Replay Max needs different hex code.

Kozoi

Mmmmm.
Years
Pokémon Emerald Help

My game just deleted itself or something, I've not used any cheats before you say "OMFG U CHEET Y U GOT LVL 100 RAYQUAZERRZZ!!1" or something. I'd also like to point out that I have not tampered with the game in any way and it has worked effeciantly in atleast 40 hours of game play.

The problem is it has deleted my file and it keeps saying: "The save file has been erased due to corruption or damage. -- The game can be played."

I want my save file back, is it gone for good?

If it is I am miffed off since I had my level 100 Mewtwo and my level 100 hoenn starters on there with my Salamence level 85. -.- I think it might of been that I tried to reset the game while going up Sky Pillar for Rayquaza. I was resetting it at the bit you had to zoom past with your bike and then it wouldn't work on the next reload.

Help? Once this has been answered a Mod can close the thread or w/e.

Edit: The FAQ said it may be fake but I am seriously doubting this since my brother bought it off a trusted eBay dealer. The case is dull green, which isnt the standard casing with a none-shiny green label. It has the code AGB-BPEE-USA imprinted below the Pokemon EMERALD VERSION text and it looks real in every way possible.

RaikaCastillo

Spark Javelin!!!
Years
Did you buy the game new or did you buy it used? I remember having a Metroid Fusion game I bought used and the files kept deleting themselves. I exchanged it for another copy and it worked just fine then.

Kozoi

Mmmmm.
Years
I believe it is used but the save file doesn't say the internal battery has ran dry. It also came in a shiny box which looks just like the one shown on google images. I don't think the game itself is fake or the box.

Umm, slightly annoyed about this now. I bought it off eBay so I am expecting no refund from the seller for this broken product.

Squeegee Beckenheim

SB - The Hunk (Since 2005)
Years
It is also possible that there may have been a glitch of some kind. But I will break the news to you the easiest way possible... your game is more than likely gone for good. I will admit that it sucks. However, in this day and age, you could easily get those Pokemon back, in a sense, with the GTS.

If it is used, then that can explain a lot.

Kozoi

Mmmmm.
Years
Darn. I IV trained Gardevoir, Swampert, Blaziken, Sceptile and Salamence to a certain extent and I traded over my Mewtwo too. Oh well, I guess i'll have to IV train another load of Pokémon later so they have high sp. atk and atk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back