• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

☁ Sky High ☁ Flying-type Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sun and Lycanthropy

Sky is the limit!
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 28, 2016

N7gWRJe.png

Sky High Flying-type Club
GRAND THREAD

[a id]sh_rules[/a id]Rules
(scroll for more)

Global PokéCommunity Rules and Pokémon Clubs Rules apply, your aircrew license can be withdrawn if you don't follow the rules and guidelines;

Be Respectful.

Talk about Flying-type related topics only; Pokémon species, moves, Abilities, anime, manga, TCG and so on.

Have fun and fly around!

Members are only allowed to be partnered with basic or baby forms of Flying-type Pokémon at the beginning. However, this does not include Shiny Pokémon, Legendaries or basic Pokémon with a Mega Evolution.

[a id]sh_join[/a id]Join us!
Simply make an introduction, you can make it formal or casual; try to be creative!

[a id]sh_crews[/a id]Trophy Hall
Welcome to the Trophy Hall! Take a look around, there are lots of shiny trophies, medals and jewelry showcased here. Every single of them can become yours! Gotta collect 'em all, right?
(scroll for more)

JNq57Qx.png
Posting Pilot - Bronze Medal (Awarded for making 10 posts.)
XHr5zoJ.png
Posting Pilot - Silver Medal (Awarded for making 25 posts.)
oPjn6Rg.png
Posting Pilot - Gold Medal (Awarded for making 50 posts.)
XX562tj.png
Clash Conqueror (Awarded for winning a CLASH.)
wKLLM6u.png
Navigator (Awarded for organizing a club event.)
efAsSTG.png
Flight Attendant (Awarded for organizing a club activity.¹)
irGJbtt.png
Recruiter (Awarded for introducing the club to a fellow PC user.)
DnLSrvb.png
Master Medal - Bronze (Awarded for obtaining 5 trophies.)
1DnCbWw.png
Master Medal - Silver (Awarded for obtaining 15 trophies.)
0ofOBvh.png
Master Medal - Gold (Awarded for obtaining 25 trophies.)
ECihA0j.png
Randomness Ruby - (Won in the monthly raffle.²)

1: "The difference between club event and club activity are the length; Club event is usually one off but important, while club activity is a consistent one yet nothing too big like the Clash." - Sun
2: From now one each month a raffle will be held in which Ruby is given to one of the active members at random.

Additionally, more trophies will be available during special events, so make sure to keep an eye on those! And that's not all! As a bonus, everyone who manages to unlock at least five trophies will be rewarded this exclusive emblem, the Sky Relic:
3GYUnym.png
JNq57Qx.png
Kaneki!!! has been awarded the Posting Pilot - Bronze Medal trophy!
JNq57Qx.png
DarkSkys has been awarded the Posting Pilot - Bronze Medal trophy!
JNq57Qx.png
Hikamaru has been awarded the Posting Pilot - Bronze Medal trophy!
JNq57Qx.png
Lycanthropy has been awarded the Posting Pilot - Bronze Medal trophy!
XHr5zoJ.png
Lycanthropy has been awarded the Posting Pilot - Silver Medal trophy!
JNq57Qx.png
Sun has been awarded the Posting Pilot - Bronze Medal trophy!
XHr5zoJ.png
Sun has been awarded the Posting Pilot - Silver Medal trophy!
oPjn6Rg.png
Sun has been awarded the Posting Pilot - Gold Medal trophy!​

[a id]sh_shop[/a id]Marketplace
Currency
(scroll for more)

[S-HIGHLIGHT]This is where we keep tracks of our valuable club members' precious Chips.[/S-HIGHLIGHT]
https://goo.gl/cH8uqo
Please keep track of your own Chips, so that if we forget to amend your Chips or we accidentally make mistakes, we can fix it asap.

Spoiler:

Pokémon Shop
Spoiler:

Item Shop

Marketplace Auction

[a id]sh_team[/a id]Pokémon Team and Items
(scroll for more)

Sun
si4knI0.png

Lycanthropy (Lycan, Han)
r1hqlcV.png

Wicked3DS
QgG7GOs.png

Hikamaru (Hika, Nichole)
SGkL9uA.png
BfSQQuC.png
(Shiny)

Dedenne1 (Dedenne)
9APNGGC.png

DarkSkys
Pidgey

Venitardus (Joey)
Scv2L4C.png
(Shiny)

TwilightBlade (Blade)
rBHgYwX.png

DraconianWing (Draco, Seth)
Starly

KorpiklaaniVodka
Skarmory

R2J
Spearow

KetsuekiR
Swablu

Kaneki!!!
Scyther

Pond
Murkrow

Caramel-O (UmE)
Aerodactyl

AkioMoto
Ledyba [Sid]

[a id]sh_hunt[/a id]Flying-type Puzzle Panel
Please look forward to this section!

[a id]sh_mono[/a id]Super Fly Scribbles
Please look forward to this section!

[a id]sh_clash[/a id]Pokémon Clash
(scroll for more)

Two Pokémon are pitted against each other, members must answer at least five fun, weird or cute trivial questions.

Finally the members must vote for a Pokémon that should win the CLASH, by their own set of definitions.

There are 2 modes
Majority rules: The members who picked the Pokémon with the most votes are rewarded with 150 Chips. (Only 3 members will be rewarded with chips.)

Guess mode: The members who guessed the correct Pokémon are rewarded with 150 Chips.

Cross Clash refers to 2 or more clubs getting involved in a crossover CLASH, hence the name.

Keep in mind, no need to be serious over CLASH, it's meant for pure fun.

Created by Sun. Sampled on Sheep and Twilight Blade's CSS Templates

Header image credit: http://www.epidemicjohto.com/t3516-joy-the-mandibuzz-rhett-the-braviary-inactive

Last edited:

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
Years
- Your nickname: Quajutsu
- Your Flying-Type Club-Campaign Partner: Zubat
- Reason for joining the club: I've always been a fan of Flying-types, they're typically fast and pretty good attackers.

Who's your favorite Flying-type Gym Leader? Why?

I like Winona, she's got a good lineup of Pokémon and she's very unique,

Reactions: Sun
Years
Your nickname: Hikamaru (Nichole, Hika)
Your Flying-Type Club-Campaign Partner: Swablu
Reason for joining the club: Pretty much the same reasons as Wicked, the Flying-type is fast, powerful and versatile, and with tons of diverse looks as well.

Who's your favourite Flying-type Gym Leader? Why?

A tie between Winona and Skyla, I love the fact both of them use some pretty strong Pokemon, such as Altaria, Swanna, or even Skarmory in case of both.

Sun

When the sun goes down...
Years
  • Seen Jan 20, 2017
- Your nickname: Quajutsu
- Your Flying-Type Club-Campaign Partner: Zubat
- Reason for joining the club: I've always been a fan of Flying-types, they're typically fast and pretty good attackers.

I like Winona, she's got a good lineup of Pokémon and she's very unique,

Your nickname: Hikamaru (Nichole, Hika)
Your Flying-Type Club-Campaign Partner: Swablu
Reason for joining the club: Pretty much the same reasons as Wicked, the Flying-type is fast, powerful and versatile, and with tons of diverse looks as well.

A tie between Winona and Skyla, I love the fact both of them use some pretty strong Pokemon, such as Altaria, Swanna, or even Skarmory in case of both.
I agree! Both Winona and Skyla are love! Winona's made me love the Flying-type even more! Welcome to the Flying-type Club! I'll be updating our member list soon and as well as a few details on the FLying-type Campaign Pokémon!

Return

You can make to the sunrise....
Years
Nickname: JatinGupta
Your Flying-Type Club-Campaign Partner: Starly
Reason for joining the club: They are cute, strong and most importantly Fast with good attacks not to mention that they can learn very powerful moves like hurricane and Sky drop

My favorite Gym Leader would be Winona because She has very strong Pokemons in hand and her battling Style is awesome too.

Sun

Years
  • Seen Jan 20, 2017
Nickname: JatinGupta
Your Flying-Type Club-Campaign Partner: Starly
Reason for joining the club: They are cute, strong and most importantly Fast with good attacks not to mention that they can learn very powerful moves like hurricane and Sky drop

My favorite Gym Leader would be Winona because She has very strong Pokemons in hand and her battling Style is awesome too.

Nice choice with the Starly! ;) Its final evolution form, Staraptor is a tough costumer in battles! Starly on the other hand is easy to raise, it has early access to moves like Quick Attack and Wing Attack, which can turn out handy. :)

Wow, another vote for Winona! While Winona's a personal favorite, I'm expecting Falkner to lead the 'favorite Flying-type Gym Leader'. :) Welcome to the newly established Flying-type Club! I hope you'll enjoy your time here.

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
Years
Your nickname: Dedenne
Your Flying-Type Club-Campaign Partner: Emolga
Reason for joining the club: Flying types are just great theyre basically needed and are a pretty powerful addition to any team plus alot of them are cute <3
Answer to the current topic

I wanna say Winona cause she was a great gym leader buttttttt Skyla will always be my fav now shes cute happy funny and pretty powerful! She definately brings alot of style to flying types and i love how shes a pilot herself to :D

Raiimeister

Hear Me Roar!
Years
Nickname: Raii
Flying-Type Club-Campaign Partner: Pidgey
Reason for joining the club: I love flyings specially the cool lookings like Skarmory,Pidgeot etc. not to mention that its one of my top favourite types x]

Favourite Flying-type Gym Leader and Why? Falkner. awesome Leader having a Level 9 pidgeotto in G/S/C xD he has a good Background and cool appearance specially the hair ^_^ i wanna say Winona too but there's many rival on her lol

GiovanniViridian

A World Of Pain!
Years
  • Seen Sep 29, 2023
Glad to see a Flying-type Club here. After playing most of the Pokemon games, Flying types are my most favorite.

- Your nickname: GiovanniViridian
- Your Flying-Type Club-Campaign Partner: Emolga
- Reason for joining the club: Flying types are my most favorite since they now reach a point where every other type has been paired up with the Flying-type at least once. Also most of my favorite Pokemon are flying types and I love most or even all of them.

Eh, I like all of them.

Falkner: I enjoyed his character in HG/SS. I loved when he talked about his father especially when he talked about it with Janine.
Winona: Her attacking style and her Altaria.
Skyla: Her gyms in B/W and B2/W2 are crazy. Cannons and strong fans, what a madness.

DarkSkys

Still Alone, Still Alive, Still Unbroken
Years

Skyla, as for why. She's a pilot so flying comes as a grace to her.

- Your nickname: DarkSkys
- Your Flying-Type Club-Campaign Partner: Pidgey, though I'd take Rayquaza if I could :P
- Reason for joining the club: I love Flying types, always have one in any team I have.

Sun

Years
  • Seen Jan 20, 2017
Hello new members of our Glorious Flying-type Club! Sincerest apology for late add as I was busy updating our club's Campaign Partner section!

Your nickname: Dedenne
Your Flying-Type Club-Campaign Partner: Emolga
Reason for joining the club: Flying types are just great theyre basically needed and are a pretty powerful addition to any team plus alot of them are cute <3
Answer to the current topic

I wanna say Winona cause she was a great gym leader buttttttt Skyla will always be my fav now shes cute happy funny and pretty powerful! She definately brings alot of style to flying types and i love how shes a pilot herself to :D
Emolga's a wise choice, as there's no need to evolve it! :P

Skyla's definitely a babe. :P I love the different personality between Winona and her while they are female Flying-tamers which makes the whole thing interesting!

Nickname: Raii
Flying-Type Club-Campaign Partner: Pidgey
Reason for joining the club: I love flyings specially the cool lookings like Skarmory,Pidgeot etc. not to mention that its one of my top favourite types x]

Favourite Flying-type Gym Leader and Why? Falkner. awesome Leader having a Level 9 pidgeotto in G/S/C xD he has a good Background and cool appearance specially the hair ^_^ i wanna say Winona too but there's many rival on her lol
Yep, they all look cool! Braviary and Swellow are handsome specimens! ^^

Falkner's a hot guy ain't he? ;) Yep, I'm surprised with Winona's lead! I was expecting Skyla > Falkner > Winona, to be honest (Despite Winona being my top favorite).

Glad to see a Flying-type Club here. After playing most of the Pokemon games, Flying types are my most favorite.

- Your nickname: GiovanniViridian
- Your Flying-Type Club-Campaign Partner: Emolga
- Reason for joining the club: Flying types are my most favorite since they now reach a point where every other type has been paired up with the Flying-type at least once. Also most of my favorite Pokemon are flying types and I love most or even all of them.

Eh, I like all of them.

Falkner: I enjoyed his character in HG/SS. I loved when he talked about his father especially when he talked about it with Janine.
Winona: Her attacking style and her Altaria.
Skyla: Her gyms in B/W and B2/W2 are crazy. Cannons and strong fans, what a madness.

Yeah, Flying is paired with every available type. Using them in a mono-type challenge can be very diverse and certainly fun! I love your answer you get a Shiny Emolga as your partner.

Skyla, as for why. She's a pilot so flying comes as a grace to her.

- Your nickname: DarkSkys
- Your Flying-Type Club-Campaign Partner: Pidgey, though I'd take Rayquaza if I could :P
- Reason for joining the club: I love Flying types, always have one in any team I have.

Rayquaza's withdrawal was intended to encourage fans for making the Club active! Speaking of that, it's time for our first ever event for the Flying-type Club!

Current Topic: Flying-type has only 3 weaknesses, which however, are common type-moves particularly in the competitive field. How does your Flying-type Pokémon's team mate assist it?

The member with an answer that catches my eye receives a special shiny Pokémon in our Flying-type Campaign as a reward!

tumblr_mao9ea3Lur1qckwxco1_500.gif

DarkSkys

Still Alone, Still Alive, Still Unbroken
Years
Flying-type has only 3 weaknesses, which however, are common type-moves particularly in the competitive field. How does your Flying-type Pokémon's team mate assist it?

Usually Rock Slide is the main one I see, which is where I use Air Slash a lot, hopes to make them flinch. Though I do mostly Double Battles, I have a Jolteon with high SP Def & Def from ST. Ability is Lighting Rod, Moves is Thunder, Earthquake etc/ So I use it to take out the Rock Slide/Thunder user. As for Ice Beam, I always have a Fire type, more then likely Charizard, though if its a water type such as Lapras. Jolteon & Thunder.

Years
Flying-type has only 3 weaknesses, which however, are common type-moves particularly in the competitive field. How does your Flying-type Pokémon's team mate assist it?

I feel like a Flying-type and Ground-type synergize really well, since they can cover nearly each other's weaknesses, and most Ground Pokemon can learn Rock moves which can handle the Ice weakness that would usually trouble them (and Flying-types).

Last edited:

GiovanniViridian

A World Of Pain!
Years
  • Seen Sep 29, 2023
Current Topic: Flying-type has only 3 weaknesses, which however, are common type-moves particularly in the competitive field. How does your Flying-type Pokémon's team mate assist it?

My team mate will be a fighting type, since it's super-effective against rock types and ice types which are strong against flying types. The other weakness for flying-type will be the electric type, but since my Emolga is also an Electric type as well it pretty much does x1 damage.

Sun

Years
  • Seen Jan 20, 2017

Those weakness are namely Electric, Ice and Rock type moves. Swinub and its evolutionary forms are the perfect team mate for Flying-types. Or a sturdy Fighting Pokémon like Conkeldurr and Machamp make good partners as well.

Sun

Years
  • Seen Jan 20, 2017
The answer that catches my eye is from...

Hikamaru

Congratulations! Here's your promised special Shiny Pokémon!
Spoiler:

On to our current topic for this week:
Create a team for your favorite Gym Leader, with at least 2 Pokémon and 5 as maximum. Remember to [S-HIGHLIGHT]Highlight[/S-HIGHLIGHT] this Gym Leader's ace and please explain why have you chosen these Flying-type Pokémon in particular.

The member with an answer that catches my eye receives a Black Rayquaza* and a Salamencite*.
**Campaign only.

Last edited:

Sun

Years
  • Seen Jan 20, 2017
The last topic proved to be a failure, so everything about it including the prizes are scrapped. xD

Main topic:
Your favorite Flying-type offensive move? Why?
Sub-topics: (Optional)
Sub-topic 1: Which Flying-type status move are you fond of?
Sub-topic 2:If there is something you can change from your favorite Flying-type offensive move and/or status move, what changes are they? (It doesn't matter if you're going to make it overpower, they just need to make sense.)
Sub-topic 3: Your least favorite Flying-type move? Why?

Years
Oh hey, thanks for the shiny Articuno :3

I always love Air Slash as far as the special department goes, with its flinch chance and decently good base power, often becoming a staple of special-based Flying-types. Fly and Aerial Ace are some of my faves from the physical department thanks to reliability and the latter's really wide distribution even among non Flying-types.

Which Flying-type status move are you fond of?
I always love Roost for its self-healing, and Feather Dance I have also seen been lifesavers at times (thinks of Grus the Unfezant from my bud Pendraflare's White 2 Wedlocke) but other than that, not else I can think of right now.

Your least favorite Flying-type move?
Gust I think, which is fairly weak and seems to be learned by a lot more physical-oriented Flying-types for some reason. I also find the move's animation pretty boring.

Last edited:

Sun

Years
  • Seen Jan 20, 2017
Oh hey, thanks for the shiny Articuno :3

I always love Air Slash as far as the special department goes, with its flinch chance and decently good base power, often becoming a staple of special-based Flying-types. Fly and Aerial Ace are some of my faves from the physical department thanks to reliability and the latter's really wide distribution even among non Flying-types.

I always love Roost for its self-healing, and Feather Dance I have also seen been lifesavers at times (thinks of Grus the Unfezant from my bud Pendraflare's White 2 Wedlocke) but other than that, not else I can think of right now.

Gust I think, which is fairly weak and seems to be learned by a lot more physical-oriented Flying-types for some reason. I also find the move's animation pretty boring.

I might get around to the sub-topics later.

You deserve that for your the best answer. xD It was given fairly.~

My favorite would be Brave Bird! Despite the recoil, I love how insanely strong that move is! ^^ My Staraptor and Talonflame spams this move a lot. It's most likely a OHKO (or two) after using this move.

Tail Wind, it's one of the best supportive moves out there!

Sky Drop, it's useless against Flying-types and then it doesn't have an impressive Base Power.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back