• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon: The Awakening

Starters....

• Include new sprites! If you can...

Votes: 33 35.5%
  • Use Pokemon that aren't normally used.

Votes: 47 50.5%
  • Use starters from other Pokemon games

Votes: 13 14.0%

• Total voters
Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
Thanks Alex!

I'm pretty sure the rocks are right but I can double check. Damn your eyesite is good :P spot one, all fixed now.

I'll block edit the side fences and see if it looks better :P already did the normal fences as you can see. <- Fixed

Fixed the tile above the doorway.

Woop >< Fixes!

Xela

Do you believe in yourself?
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 18, 2024
Hehe, I got Hawk eyes! I missed one fence though on the first image to the right, also another fence at the bottom of the route some way right. Also I would love beta test and look after errors if I could. Can't wait until new screenshots are up!

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
Of course you can Beta test Alex :D

I agree Unleashed, however ATM I would rather get the important stuff out the way rather then undergoing the painful procedure of making new ones myself ;). Unless anyone would like to donate some original designs? ><

Xela

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 18, 2024
I agree with SwiftSign. Its better to do the scirpting and mapping first them move on to advanced stuff like spriting, pokemon editing and tile inserting and palette editing later. (Also title screen)

SwiftSign? Maybe you want to move your thread from Scrapbox too Progressing Hacks?

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
If it is just a case of PM'ing a mod then I will be shortly :D

I feel the need to get up to doing the 2nd Town before hand :) So will probably be ready in... 3/4days! Fingers Crossed.

edit//

I'm having a problem with the first Rival script, its been posted in the Script Help thread so if anyone can see whats wrong then please post! Thanks.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
Its one problem after another at the moment, all in one tiny area too >< But hopefully it will sort itself out soon.

The Rival script is all polished up now, for some reason Warps are being less co-operative o.O!

----

Deleted those warps :P so its now irrelevent.

Some screenies as I had time to take them!

Lament-1.png

This is Seph, he is rather important to the story. :)
Seph01.png

Last edited:

Xela

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 18, 2024
What part does Seph take in the story? I would really like to know. And nice screenies.

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
Seph:
Spoiler:

This hack should be moving to the progressing area as soon as one of the Moderators are on, woo!

Xela

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 18, 2024
You should PM destindjagold. Also I do like how Seph have a part in the game.

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
Hey look we moved :D Thank you moderators :)

This evenings work consists of:
Route 1 part two - Just random little scripts, nothing big.
Route 1 part three - Some Trainer battles, random scripts and a signpost or two

Then I am on the the first main town! Which has already been named... but I'll keep it a secret for now.

Last edited:

Chibi Robo

of the entire epoch!
Years
  • Age 28
  • Cali
  • Seen Apr 2, 2013
I really like this idea that you start off with an egg and you run around till it hatches then you start the journey Good idea. The maps are pretty good but maybe you should put in some new palette's or new tiles? But overall good job on the hack

Xela

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 18, 2024
I really like this idea that you start off with an egg and you run around till it hatches then you start the journey Good idea. The maps are pretty good but maybe you should put in some new palette's or new tiles? But overall good job on the hack

Its been planned to do that in the future, but for now SwiftSign want to create some maps and scripts first before doing the advanced stuff. (Like title screen, tile inserting, etc.)

Also SwiftSign, I made you this supporter bar. Hope you like it.

ubd4291.png

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
Thank you Arcobaleno!

And yes, Alex is correct :).

Done Route 1 part 2 now, the final section should be done tomorrow so I can work on the first town at the weekend.

Today's screen:
Sprite on Route 1 Part 2:
RunningShoeshint.png

Subtle hinting there :) Running Shoes! (and I named the Town by accident << damn!)

Only just saw the Support bar sorry! Thats great thanks! I'll add it to the first post :)

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
Some maps!

Spoiler:

Now I just need to script them up, and then I can sort out the Maple Gym! *muhahaha*

You may notice that there is no Pokemart, but rest assured there is a place to get Potions, and Pokeballs *will* be accessible by then (I don't expect you to do a Gym battle with only one Pokemon!!)

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
Thanks DarkAngel! :)

I'm almost on to scripting and mapping the first town, just adding the final adjustments to Route 1 woo :).

Out of interest would people prefer a Demo going to the first Gym or wait until the town after is accessible?

Xela

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 18, 2024
Well I don't know about the gym leader thing but nice maps and screenshots so far! I also found some errors in your Route.

Spoiler:

If you need help, just remember to PM me!

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
Thanks Alex, those errors are now fixed :) (Also fixed the ledge as I realised how bad it looks).

Route 1 is fully scripted!!

Onto Maple Town... :)

Last edited:
Back