• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sprite me like one of your French girls

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
Years
Cool title, amirite?
Here we go again. I've lost count how many threads I've made, but hopefully I'll keep this one organized and what-not. Anyway, I guess I'd better start with an introduction. As you can see, my username is Retribution, although I've been Espeon~ and Superjub in the past, Superjub being the username I signed up with. I've had multiple sprite threads, and I believe I have improved, thanks to constructive criticism and many, many attempts. So yeah, enough about me. Behold my art (what? Someones gotta make it seem amazing. :P)

10FakéDex
Gotta' Fake Em' All
Spoiler:

* "W" indicates it is a WIP/will be replaced with an improved sprite. I'll probably be completely revamping the layout soon.

Back-sprites
Hey! Don't turn your back on me!
chinder_backsprite_by_superjub-d4osfb6.png
Chinder's Backsprite
mentock_backsprite_by_superjub-d4osfle.png
Mentock's Backsprite
snurish_backsprite_by_superjub-d4osftm.png
Snurish's Backsprite
toddlow_backsprite_by_superjub-d4osg5h.png
Toddlow's Backsprite
stott_backsprite_by_superjub-d4osggm.png
Stott's Backsprite
tungtoad_backsprite_by_superjub-d4osgup.png
Tungtoad's Backsprite
disklet_backsprite_by_superjub-d4pygtu.png
Disklet's Backsprite
dafro_backsprite_by_superjub-d4pyh28.png
Dafro's Backsprite
rodent_backsprite_by_superjub-d4pyh9h.png
Un-named Rodent's Backsprite (suggestions welcome)
flugg_backsprite_by_superjub-d4pyhne.png
Flugg's Backsprite
magmug_backsprite_by_superjub-d4pyhut.png
Magmug's Backsprite
terragon_backsprite_by_superjub-d4pyi3f.png
Terragon's Backsprite
psycock_backsprite_by_superjub-d4pyica.png
Psycock's Backsprite
pumpkini_backsprite_by_superjub-d4qapap.png
Pumpkini's Backsprite
hecter__s_backsprite_by_superjub-d4qauzg.png
Hecter's Backsprite
amorial_backsprite_by_superjub-d4r7954.png
Amorial's Backsprite

Trainer Sprites
"I like shorts! They're comfy and easy to wear."
rival_sprite_by_superjub-d3m3c12.png
A rival.
5134f2ed27312c16d3029551aca3a92d-d321dsy.png
The first gym leader. She uses normal types. (3rd-gen sprite and old VS. Sprite)
Student_Trainer_Sprite_by_Superjub.png
A student.
norina_vs_sprite_by_superjub-d3g1jl1.png
Updated Norina VS. Sprite
norina_v2_by_superjub-d4czu48.png
4th gen Norina Sprite
solana_by_superjub-d4arbpy.png
Solana- Ghost-type Gym leader
506449ddf3b1738eb5eeca7fe1133237-d4ace2p.png
Leader Arc- Ice Type Gym Leader
norina_ow_sprites__4th_gen_by_superjub-d4jcd3r.png
(4th gen) Norina Overworld Sprites (front and back)

Other Pokémon Stuff
>Insert Witty Pun here<
mew_revamp_by_superjub-d47gtvd.png
A Mew Revamp from Pokemon Silver
Spoiler:
Crescent Island, a map for my ROM hack that'll probably never see the light of day.
collect_all_the_items_by_superjub-d47gnf4.png
Some items. I'll probably add some more later, as long as I don't forget. :P
loooooong_snake_by_superjub-d418n9f.png
Some pixel art based on Fangrow.
fangrow_mugshot_by_superjub-d4jccyy.png
More pixel art based on Fangrow- isn't he popular? XD This time it's a mugshot.
580d030955dbba5348f7d1b9e87c6b5d-d4qmwmx.gif
An avatar used on DeviantARt. it seems popular there (-ish), so I thought I'd showcase it here. :D
marowak_retype_by_superjub-d3judej.png
A Marowak retype (to the Steel type.) :D
lizleaf_sprite_by_superjub-d4qmncp.png
Lizleaf, the grass starter- not currently int eh FakeDex.
pot_dinosaur_b_w_by_superjub-d4m8nyu.png
A Black/White styled version of the pot dragon/dinosaur. :D A limited palette version was entered into a competition here at PC and came second IIRC.
lizleaf_overworld_sprite_by_superjub-d4r78ur.png
Lizleaf's Overworld Sprite
loooooong_snake_by_superjub-d418n9f.png
Some more Fangrow pixel art.
snaaaaaaaakes_by_superjub-d4asbu4.png
Even more Fangrow/Snurish pixel art.

Other St00f
MOAR STUFF!!! :D
77e7c72294eea9cbc8d0ed450cfb7e9e-d321cvp.png
Badges that I was going to use in my ROM hack. They are:
Regal Badge: Shaped like a crown; normal-type.
Berg Badge: Shaped like an iceberg; ice-type.
Dirt Badge: Shaped like a spade/shovel; ground-type.
Spirit Badge: Shaped like a grave; ghost-type.
Gear badge: Shaped like a... gear XD; steel-type.
Dusk Badge: It's meant to be a crescent moon covering a sun; dark-badge.
Myth Badge: It's a dragon wing; dragon-badge.
master_sword_by_superjub-d3incfd.png
Dun, dun, dun, duuuuuuuun! ;D
021i_take_my_hat_of_to_you____by_superjub-d357kva.png
Just something I'm quite proud of. Made to celebrate Christmas, obviously. :P
lots_of_balloons_by_superjub-d4c05cp.png
Pinkie Pie cutie mark traced/re-shaded.
taste_the_rainbow_by_superjub-d4bwv84.png
Rainbow Dash's cutie mark traced/re-shaded.
a_new_model_by_superjub-d4bgumm.png
Isometric robot comparison
isometric_inn_by_superjub-d4bkcva.png
Isometric Inn
quick__play_the_song_of_time_by_superjub-d48q3mw.png
(SCRATCH) Majora's Mask pixel art- not traced or anything like that.
Spoiler:
Here is a lot of stuff I've done in the past.

So yeah, that's it, really. Give credit if you use anything, don't steal and constructive criticism is welcome. :) Thanks for looking at my thread. :) Also, I'll try and update more this time around. :)

Last edited:

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
Years
  • Seen Apr 27, 2020
Nice stuff! What about the Jellicent in the spoiler tag though, I don't see anything different about it? I might be overlooking it though.

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
Years
Nice stuff! What about the Jellicent in the spoiler tag though, I don't see anything different about it? I might be overlooking it though.

Oh, the Jellicent in the big spoiler! :) It's an overshade, as in it has more shades. And thanks. :)

Also, I just noticed I messed up some of the font in the first post. Go me. >.<

Last edited:

Truality

Left for good
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen May 17, 2013
Most of your work is impressive, I must say. Maybe that's why what drew my attention the most was this:

I can't help but feel weird about the mugshot. The anatomy on the hands is rather out of place and I'm guessing the one-piece dress shouldn't have different shades on the polka-dots. The face is also a bit, uh, I don't know. But it still feels eerie. Maybe the nose, maybe the smile. And I'm wondering how this happened since your other sprites are all on a greater level.
The trainer sprite, OW and badge are all very well made, too.

Finally, the fakedex is swell, and the only one I would say needs a lot of improvement is Carcaron. Its tail swing as well as the overall pose make it look stiff like cardboard.

Anyway, I look forward to seeing more from you in the future. Good luck with your spriting!

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
Years
Most of your work is impressive, I must say. Maybe that's why what drew my attention the most was this:

I can't help but feel weird about the mugshot. The anatomy on the hands is rather out of place and I'm guessing the one-piece dress shouldn't have different shades on the polka-dots. The face is also a bit, uh, I don't know. But it still feels eerie. Maybe the nose, maybe the smile. And I'm wondering how this happened since your other sprites are all on a greater level.
The trainer sprite, OW and badge are all very well made, too.

Finally, the fakedex is swell, and the only one I would say needs a lot of improvement is Carcaron. Its tail swing as well as the overall pose make it look stiff like cardboard.

Anyway, I look forward to seeing more from you in the future. Good luck with your spriting!
Firstly, thanks for taking your time to post. :) It means a lot coming from you. :)

I agree with the mugshot. They are one of my weaknesses. Actually, I'd say trainer sprites are in general, but anyway... I'm fairly sure I have an updated version somewhere where some things are fixed, like the anatomy. I'll have a look for it in a bit. Anyway, I agree that it does look a bit unnatural. Well, maybe more than a bit, but... :P

As for the FakeDex, it's nice to know you like it, since, in my opinion, some of my ideas aren't the best. I've been revamping some of the sprites recently, and I migth add Carcaron to the list (although, funnily enough, I've revamped it pretty recently. XD) I'll try and think of a fearsome pose for it since it it a skelton dragon after all. ;D

I'm glad you like my work. It's probably a bad time to make a new thread, since I'm going back to school in less than 2 weeks, but I'll try and be as actiive as possible, so watch this space. ^^

EDIT: I've been messing around with the mugshot, and it's starting to look better, so hopefully I'll be able to shown an improved version soon. :)

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Aug 5, 2013
I just have to say that I love the master sword and the caption next to it! I've commented on your other threads before, so I don't really have much else to say.

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
Years
Hehe, thanks. :D I did it shortly before OoT 3D came out and I was in a very Zelda-y mood. XD

Also, I've updated the FakeDex, as well as the VS Sprite. :) For the FakeDex, I finished off the Snowman line, and revamped some of them. Amorial looks very strange when compared to its old look, although I think it looks more... realistic? :s But yeah, it's very different. As for the VS Sprite, I'm still not too keen on the left arm, but oh well. Hopefully it's an improvement. :) Also, I tried to make her look more childish to reflect her age and personality. Hopefully it shows. :)

FakeDex update:
fakedex_by_superjub-d3e7y80.png

Vs Sprite:
574da9fd117f9ab8db04f441b581b536-d321dsy.png

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Sep 19, 2011
Hi Retribution, your artwork looks amazing!

I especially like TADITTLE, MAGMUG, and the little snowman ^^

But there are some things that I whould edit:

1. The evolution of SLIGON looks a little weard, since the belly doesn't look round at all.

2. Also the closeup of your gymleader, (which I like better now by the way) has a
strange left arm. Because the upper arm is to short, it looks kind of cut off.

I dont want to sound like I know it better, because I don't, its just my opinion.
Again most of the other stuff looks amazing the rest "just" great.^^

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
Years
Hi Retribution, your artwork looks amazing!

I especially like TADITTLE, MAGMUG, and the little snowman ^^

But there are some things that I whould edit:

1. The evolution of SLIGON looks a little weard, since the belly doesn't look round at all.

2. Also the closeup of your gymleader, (which I like better now by the way) has a
strange left arm. Because the upper arm is to short, it looks kind of cut off.

I dont want to sound like I know it better, because I don't, its just my opinion.
Again most of the other stuff looks amazing the rest "just" great.^^

I agree with you on both points, and I'll get that VS Sprite right if it kills me. XD I'll get to both of them soon, and thanks for the advice and compliments. :) It means a lot.

Did someone say update? ... No? Oh, well, I'm gonna anyway. :P

quick__play_the_song_of_time_by_superjub-d48q3mw.png
Majoras Mask pixel art and my current avatar. I shall tweak it at some point as it's a bit jagged at the moment.

master_sword_by_superjub-d3incfd.png
I updated the Master Sword pixel art for my signature, and because it was a tad blank.

Spoiler:
The latest FakeDex. Sadly, there aren't any new ones, but quite a few are revamped.

revamped_rpg_sprites_by_superjub-d48cl8l.png
More revamps!!! :D I'm revamping the monster sprites. :)

EDIT: I hope I've fixed both problems.

Norina's new VS Sprite:
005fc2eb53b7a36d2169b219449b86d5-d321dsy.png

Hopefully a fixed Slygon evolution:
slygon_evolution_by_superjub-d3lbm6m.png

Last edited:

SoaringSomeone

Residential Sprite Slave
Years
  • Seen Jan 23, 2014
The remade slygon sprites still look a little weird because the way it's balanced makes it seem like it'll fall over. As it stands right now, the majority of its body weight isn't balanced over its legs (So the center of Mass isn't above anything that'll support it). I believe if you either stagger the legs, or move both of them forward, it'll look more natural.

As for the versus sprite, I did a few edits since that's a lot easier than trying to figure out how to describe it with words.

oCG93.png

I moved the arm slightly closer to the body in order to give her shoulder more of a definition (Unfortunately I'm on a touchpad right now, so I can't elongate the arm or anything). I also changed the face of the gal from a straight-ish line to...whatever that is so that you can see her cheeks. I would also move the entire head slightly to the right so it looks more like that head is connected via the base of the skull.

Hope that helps. :)

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
Years
The remade slygon sprites still look a little weird because the way it's balanced makes it seem like it'll fall over. As it stands right now, the majority of its body weight isn't balanced over its legs (So the center of Mass isn't above anything that'll support it). I believe if you either stagger the legs, or move both of them forward, it'll look more natural.

As for the versus sprite, I did a few edits since that's a lot easier than trying to figure out how to describe it with words.

oCG93.png

I moved the arm slightly closer to the body in order to give her shoulder more of a definition (Unfortunately I'm on a touchpad right now, so I can't elongate the arm or anything). I also changed the face of the gal from a straight-ish line to...whatever that is so that you can see her cheeks. I would also move the entire head slightly to the right so it looks more like that head is connected via the base of the skull.

Hope that helps. :)

Yes, Slygon does have balance issues, and I was even tempted to do away with the legs completely, but I wanted the dragon to gradually get more limbs as it evolved. And moving the legs forward makes the tail look more unnatural, but if it actually looks like it won't topple over, then I guess it's the best thing to do. :)
slygonevolution.png

As you can probably tell, the mugshot has given me hell, but I see exactly where you're coming from. I had to tweak it a bit as moving the head to the right made the neck look a bit detached, but here it is. :)
norina.png

Hopefully I won't be making anymore changes anytime soon! XD

10Update!
I redid Slygon's final evolution, based (quite obviously) on the Chinese dragon. I was going t add arms, but due to its slim body, I couldn't really. So yeah, let's just say it gave up its arms and legs to get more speed. XD

There are also quite a few black outlines I don't like, so I'll fix them soon. :)

Last edited:

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
This all looks really good :D
Also, someone has 'copied' the name of your thread but change 'sprite' to 'pixel' x3

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
Years
This all looks really good :D
Also, someone has 'copied' the name of your thread but change 'sprite' to 'pixel' x3

Thanks. ^^
And I just checked out the thread mainly just to see if they ahd created theirs after mine and I wasn't actually copying them, and you're right, they do have similar titles. :P Oh well, I don't mind. As long as it's just the title that is similar, and they haven't got reposes of all my Fakemon, it's fine. XP That would be pretty spooky, actually. O-O

Years
  • Seen Sep 19, 2011
Wow! the SLYGON evo looks real good now.

That the Norina sprite gives you a hard time i can understand.
It is so difficult, to make the entire sprite look good. At least I can say that it has improved.
The right proportions are not easy to do, since they follow so strict principals.
There are still a couple of weard looking details, but it's nothing big so it looks well to me.

Sorry for such an unconstructive post, but there are always just little things that look
strange. So tiny that it's just not so easy to explain and it would have a rather small
effect, if at all, on the whole sprite.

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
Years
I'm glad you like Slygon's evolution looks better now. :) I do too! ^^
As for the comments about the Norina Sprite, you don't need to apoIogise. At least it's not blatant SPAM, and I agree with you. :) know it's still not completely perfect, but I'd rather focus on new stuff for now. Maybe at some point in the future I'll try and improve it though. :D

Thanks for posting. :)

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
Years
I won't let this thread die... again. XD

Here's a quick update. :)

I re-did Buttafrone (both the female and male).
buttafrone_updated_by_superjub-d49f4pb.png

And here's a PMD-style mugshot for tadittle. It looks a bit creepy. :P
creepy_mugshot____o_o_by_superjub-d49f7h1.png

I'll also be editing the fakedex in the first post with the Buttafrone update. :)

Last edited:

Truality

Left for good
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen May 17, 2013
I won't let this thread die... again. XD

Here's a quick update. :)

I re-did Buttafrone (both the female and male).

And here's a PMD-style mugshot for tadittle. It looks a bit creepy. :P
creepy_mugshot____o_o_by_superjub-d49f7h1.png

I'll also be editing the fakedex in the first post with the Buttafrone update. :)
Okay, let's see...

The male Buttafrone has a very basic anatomy flaw: the main body is turning in another position from the one the head is looking, and at the same time the arms show no response to either stance. I hope you get what I mean.

...maybe not. Here, I'll draw you a sample:

10mrn1s.png

All it needs is a little placement fixing. Apart from that, I really like the sprite. Hm, maybe if you lessen the dithering in the dress (that's a dress, right? the dithering doesn't do much in clothes when they're that small)
The female Buttafrone is all right. It's abit funny to watch, actually.

The mugshot is really good. You caught the exact style of PMD and you transferred your sprite into it correctly. I think a few pixels in the eyes' green shadowing need to be sorted out, but that's about it. Pretty cool.

See you the next time you post new art!

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
Years
Okay, let's see...

The male Buttafrone has a very basic anatomy flaw: the main body is turning in another position from the one the head is looking, and at the same time the arms show no response to either stance. I hope you get what I mean.

...maybe not. Here, I'll draw you a sample:

10mrn1s.png

All it needs is a little placement fixing. Apart from that, I really like the sprite. Hm, maybe if you lessen the dithering in the dress (that's a dress, right? the dithering doesn't do much in clothes when they're that small)
The female Buttafrone is all right. It's abit funny to watch, actually.

The mugshot is really good. You caught the exact style of PMD and you transferred your sprite into it correctly. I think a few pixels in the eyes' green shadowing need to be sorted out, but that's about it. Pretty cool.

See you the next time you post new art!

First of all, thanks again for commenting. I appreciate it. :)

As for the male Buttafrone, I was aiming for it to look like it had its head turned, but I understand it looks a bit dodgy... quite a bit dodgy actually. :P Anyway, I think I fixed it a bit, although I still don't think it looks 100%. I also eased up on the dithering although I really like dithering. XP Also, it's meant to be a robe, but I know what you mean. :) Here it is...

And thanks about the female Buttafrone, I am quite proud of how it turned out too. :D

As for the mugshot, I'll check it out soon, but it's late here, and I'm thinking about going sleep. :s

Anyway, here is an evolution to Amorn. It doesn't have a name yet though. :S
amorn_evolution_by_superjub-d49kpxi.png

Last edited:

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
Years
Woah... 8 days. O-O Sorry guys for not being very active! :O

Anyway, update time. i redid the whole fakedex, adding in a few new ones. I am particulary proud of how I did the types. :D
Spoiler:

Finally, another trainer sprite. I haven't done one in aaages, so I thought I'd give it a go again. I'm fairly proud. XD There are probably some anatomy errors though. :P Here it is, the second Gym leader Arc! :D
feac902308db501e832b0af9f33b509b-d4ace2p.png

Last edited:

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
Years
Just something new I've been working on. It's some pixel art featuring Fangrow and Snurish. :3
snaaaaaaaakes_by_superjub-d4asbu4.png

Back