• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

30 Days of Video Gaming (V3)

tigerBLADE

1000://PowHammers
Years
nintendo-video-games-3d-art-1.jpg

PC's 30 Days of Video Gaming (V3)
(as a celebration-warm-up of the upcoming E3! And yes, this was made with given permission beforehand.)

Hello boys and girls, if you remember the 30 days of video gaming here before, you'll probably know what to expect. If you don't, let me give you a brief lowdown:
In this challenge, all you have to do is answer each topic question that comes up in each day. These are all Video Game related. Now, some are generally specific in some areas than others, but for the most part, you can answer these for any part of the franchise that relates to video gaming. Get creative with responses! Here is the list of questions:

Day 01 - Your favourite video game(s)
Day 02 - Your least favourite video game(s)
Day 03 - A video game that is underrated
Day 04 - Your favorite video game accessory
(s)
Day 05 - Your favourite video game character(s)
Day 06 - A character(s) that you don't much care for
Day 07 - Your recent video game purchase
Day 08 - Best soundtrack
(s) in a video game
Day 09 - Best ending in a video game
Day 10 - What consoles do you own?
Day 11 - What video game are you looking forward to purchasing?
Day 12 - What video game-related merchandise do you own?
Day 13 - A Video game that you don't own anymore, but wish to play again someday
Day 14 - Your best accomplishments in any video game
Day 15 - Favourite video game company
Day 16 - Least favourite video game company
Day 17 - Favourite antagonist
Day 18 - Favourite protagonist
Day 19 - What video game world would you live in?
Day 20 - Do you prefer Consoles, or Handheld video games?
Day 21 - Video Game/Series with the best story
Day 22 - A video game which disappointed you
Day 23 - Video game that had the most appealing graphics
Day 24 - Your first video game
Day 25 - A Video Game that had the best mechanics
Day 26 - A video game that had the best voice acting
Day 27 - Your favourite Boss Battle
(s)
Day 28 - The hardest boss fight(s) you've ever been in
Day 29 - Which video game character
(s) would you be?
Day 30 - Which video game
(s) has defined these last 30 days for you?

Depending on what day of the challenge it is, you will answer that day's question.

- The Day it is (Day 01 and so on, and please remember not to put the full date): the question from that day
- Why you picked whatever the question asks
- Optional: A video or picture from relating to that question.
- Whenever a day has passed, I'll be crossing it off from this list, just to avoid confusion.

Example Post said:
Day 00: How should I post this?
This way - This is essentially the format that is used in these types of things; this is where you'd normally type the answer to the question, as well as any reasons why / any images / video's you'd want.

When does it start?

It pretty much starts now! You may post at any time to join, or, you can simply say that you will part-take, and are free to join at any time. The cutoff times will be midnight central time (-6).

Late to the challenge? Fear not!

Latecomers should post with whatever the current day asks of them, but they can post earlier ones as well, if they want to catch up to everyone else. If you have any concerns, check this post as I'll be crossing the days off as we do them.

Last edited:

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
Day 1 - Your favorite video game

This is hard ;_; I think I'm going to have to go with The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask. Wait WHAT? Not Ocarina of Time? Nope! I loved Ocarina of Time, but the dark storyline that MM wove was just amazing. The world truly felt alive with all of the side quests too, and the NPCs just felt extremely real. The fact that they own had their own schedules and what you did had a big effect on them, plus how the worry for the crashing of the moon got more intense as your three days pressed onwards was fantastic. Plus all the masks you could screwed around with just added an entire new dimension for the games.

TY

For me... It has to be C&C Tiberian Sun. I love RTS games, i love em when they have some kind of futuristic weaponry and thats just what Tiberian Sun has. It has a awesome story, great cutscenes and fun units... Im still playing the game a lot and it will always have a good spot in my memories

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 16, 2022

I'd probably say Roller Coaster Tycoon 3, Pokemon Emerald and Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate.

I didn't mean to have them have the no. 3 in common sry.

I love Roller Coaster Tycoon 3 due to it's amazing range of creative tools and fun scenarios. Another feature I loved was the ability to make your own bilboards with picture you could import. Top that off with the fantastic expansions it received and the unbeliveable flexible Extended Coaster, and you get my favorite simulation game ever.

Pokemon Emerald is for me, and probably in 50 years time, where the series peaked for me. The Hoenn region looks beautiful on the GBA's limited hardware and it has a excellent range of Pokemon, with all the new ones looking superb. The battle frontier was amazing as well, so much so that it had a entire season of the anime about it.

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate is possibly one of the most engrossing and enjoyable experiences I've had in recent memory. It's challenging, well made and has 12 weapons all with unique and customizable characteristics. Plus the (REGION FREE ZOMG) online play that the Wii U version brings works amazingly well and proves that a Nintendo system can give a stellar online experience without the subscription fee.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years

This is quite hard... I would say... the Pokemon franchise and World of Warcraft.
Pokemon because... we got so much stuffs to do, trade, battle, collect, breed and all those good stuffs. The story is amazing the versatile Pokemon are amazing.

For World of Warcraft, because I like being able to have different character to play with, in case I get bored with one. There's tons of stuffs to do; PvE, PvP, Roleplay, Do achievements, and wayy more.

I just like games where you have tons of stuffs to do and not only one simple goal of finishing the game.

tigerBLADE

Years

Pretty much Tales of Vesperia. I already said this, but, I really love the game play mechanics, and it does have a really good display of characters! Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess and Tales of Symphonia also deserve pretty good mentions!

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
Years
Day 01 - Your favorite video game(s)

Ah, I was wondering when this thread was gonna show up. :P I enjoyed last year's one a lot.

Mother for the NES is still my all favorite game since I played it about 4 years ago. Shining Force III, Chrono Cross, and Tactics Ogre are all up there as well, but no game has left me with the feeling that the original Mother did. The series the general is amazing, and it's sad to see such a beloved franchise end at the third game.

Years

Listing a bunch of my favourite games would be easy, but I wanted to pick just one. After some deliberation, I've decided to go with the one that started it all for me: Sonic the Hedgehog 2.

I already know that this game is going to take up a couple of the slots over the next 30 days, but this game is really one that defined my childhood. It was such a simple game that really only required one button and the directional pad to play, which is why I was able to pick it up as a preschooler and still have fun.

To this day, I still play this game every so often (either on an emulator or my DS), just because I've had so many great memories with it, and it's one of those games that've aged really well.

tigerBLADE

Years

Superman 64 for the Nintendo 64. I just... really hate how they made that game; the controls are sensitive, and it's relatively boring as immediately, you'd fly through rings, then pick up cars, and this cycle of boring-missions continues. :x

MeerFall

Strong, Competitive, Cool!
Years

(I missed the first day)
my favourite is the pokemon series, mario series, spyro, skyrim, monster hunter tri and many more.
My least favourite games are Blob, Bit runner 3ds, sims 3ds and a few more (can't remember them)

TY

Day 02 - Your least favorite videogame(s)

Pokemon B/W & CoD MW3.
MW3 is the worst, it looks just the same as MW2, only with a few new stuff.. Story is rubbish and way too easy. Overall its just MW2 all over again.
Pokemon B/W is also i game i didnt like, it was way too easy and the mons looked ridiculous on first sight. It was a game i regret buying since i like challenges and B/W didnt give any challenge.

BugBoyTroy

Professor in-training
Years
Day 1: Favorite video game
Absolutely pokemon HeartGold (johto has always been my favorite region [followed by unova] and the game mechanics are so great). Also I love lunar silver star harmony, and the tales of seris

Day 02: Least favorite video game
That's a tough one but I guess I have to go with some old gsme boy color games, like home alone.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years

Call of Duty franchise. The franchise gets so much hype for nothing, every new release is like a couple of new guns with some new maps added into it. Nothing really much changed and the concept is pretty much the same thing over and over.

Mr. X

It's... kinda effective?
Years

Hard to say. A lot of great games exist.

Mega Man would have to be my favorite series - All of them are great.

My favorite PC game would be Heavy Gear II. A old-ish mech sim. A new game in this series is being made right now, Heavy Gear Assault, but I'm not very optimistic on how it will turn out.

Game intro and first campaign intro.

Tiberian Twilight. That game is failure all around. CnC, Tiberian Sun, Firestorm, Tiberium Wars, Kanes Wraith - All of them great. I eventually got used to Twilight, but compared to all of it's predecessors it sucks.

Last edited:

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
Years
Day 02 - Your least favorite video game(s)

Honestly, nothing immediately comes to mind. I'm pretty sure it's something I rented long ago, but I can't really remember anything. Sure, I gave Superman 64 a chance back when it came out, but I barely gave it any time to warrant an opinion.

I mean, if I had to choose something, it be Arc the Lad: End of Darkness. A below average game, (on the thin line though) that pretty much killed a pretty decent series of SRPGs that I enjoyed.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 16, 2022

Hard to really say anything as I haven't played a lot of games I don't like. I would have to go with the mobile phone Java port of Sonic the Hedgehog. Horrible controls and unfinished graphics, and the MIDI music grates on the ears.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
My favourite game of all time is Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep. I've poured hundreds of hours into all the different versions of it since it was first released and I still love it to pieces. (I'd probably just play it all the time if I didn't have such a huge backlog to get through.) I played it again the other month after not touching it for over a year and I just had so much fun. I love the characters, gameplay, story, everything.

A close second is probably Tales of the Abyss.

Toss up between Kingdom Hearts Re:Coded and Epic Mickey. At least with the former I didn't really have many expectations to be ruined since I hadn't really been looking forward to it or anything, but the latter? I was expecting a great game and I really didn't enjoy it when I finally got to play it. :( It was beyond disappointing. I still finished both of the games but man I regret playing/buying them. Waste of time and money.

Last edited:

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
Years
Overall, my favourite game series are Super Mario, The Legend of Zelda, and Metroid. I'd try to narrow it down to a few from each, but it'd still be a large handful of games in the end so I won't bother.

But, in addition to those: Pikmin and Banjo-Kazooie

Epic Mickey gets top honours here, if you could call it that. Not only was the game horrible, but I encountered a game-ending glitch. So, a total waste of money became an even greater waste of money.

Also Sonic and the Secret Rings. Found it unplayable.

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
(I'm just going to continue the rest on this account)

Day 03 - A game that is underrated

Auto Destruct for the Playstation 1. I honstly think it's just as good as Twisted Metal; it's really awesome if you like car violence with all sorts of weapons like rockets, etc. I'd also like to mention Mana Khermia for the Playstation 2, because there is not much talk about that game, but it honestly have one of the best soundtrack I've ever heard!

Years

I can't say that there's one single game that's my least favorite compared to any other, so I'll just throw a blanket over the numerous first-person shooter games out there. This isn't to mean that they're bad at all, but I've just never found myself able to enjoy any of the games in the genre.

Day 03 - A video game that is underrated

I know that I'm forgetting a game, but another one that always stuck out in my head was Driver: Parallel Lines. It scored slightly above average reviews at best from different game critics, but I found that I enjoyed it a lot more than Grand Theft Auto 3 and any of its sequels (despite them having much higher reviews).

I guess I loved the fact that the story took place over two different time periods (1978 & 2006), as the same character. You could really see a significant difference in cityscape, vehicles and characters, yet you still knew exactly where you were going, if you knew the map well enough. It also had a pretty good soundtrack, much like those of GTA, too.

Back