• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How am I doing on my website?

pokemonmasteraaron

The blind Pokémon Master!
Years
Back in july of 2010 I created a Pokémon fansite called
Pokemon Trainers Universal.
I have been making updates to it constantly, but I seem to have a problem getting people interested in it for more then 30 minutes.
I've added a video plasa, forums, a chatroom, and some other stuff, but I'm not sure what to do.
Any suggestions for making it better?
Or if you can just sign up and look arround.
The URL is
http://pokemontrainersuniversal.webs.com
I would appreciate it if you would give me a honest oppenion

Uecil

[img]https://i.ibb.co/4jfYrCT/tHdpHUB.png[/img]
Years
Well, um. I'm going completely honest and give my opinion of what I think:
- Webs.com isn't a very good host, IMO, but it's good if you are just starting out the whole Webmaster/mistress thing.

- The layout is.. urk.

The things I like or what I think is good about your site is, that it looks like you update it regularly, you have a forum of some sort, you have some sort of way of communication going on in your website and you have content.

Overall, I think this is a nice start ^^

pokemonmasteraaron

The blind Pokémon Master!
Years
Well, um. I'm going completely honest and give my opinion of what I think:
- Webs.com isn't a very good host, IMO, but it's good if you are just starting out the whole Webmaster/mistress thing.

- The layout is.. urk.

The things I like or what I think is good about your site is, that it looks like you update it regularly, you have a forum of some sort, you have some sort of way of communication going on in your website and you have content.

Overall, I think this is a nice start ^^

Then what would you suggest for a host? >webs

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Mar 29, 2024
Well, in terms of free hosting which you can use for now, you can check the resources sticky to find a host that suits your needs.

aRedMoon

Wait for me outside the lines
Years
It looks very generic. Like, there's nothing special.

And tbh, I wouldn't know it was a Pokemon site without actually reading something. That's not always (rarely is, in fact) a good thing.

Years
I'd fix your new problem of your landing page not being your home page. It definitely confuses visitors when your domain brings them directly to a sub page of the site.

And on the subject of the home page, do something about that audio update. The fact that you're trying something new isn't bad but the fact that it auto starts and that there is no player for it will make 99% of users close the window before you get past the word hello. Throw in a visible player, make it so it doesn't auto start, and you may have a decent idea on your hands.

Also, again only on the home page it seems, having a bright, complicated background tiling endlessly tends to be a bit of an eye sore. I'd go with something more neutral that repeats a bit better.

I also have to fully agree with the above post and suggest you work on a more Pokemon-themed layout as that will definitely draw in the people who actually want to view the content of your site.

Gardenia101

Official Lurker
Years
-Don't have your homepage not be your homepage
-Please don't use background music O_O"
-The background should tile smoothly, otherwise it plain looks noobish
-The background should match the header and stuff too, it doesn't match at all.
-MEMBERS ONLY CONTENT ARRRGLKGFCVUTV please don't do that. People usually don't want to join random sites just to be able to read the page.
-I know this isn't really the most important thing ever, but using about fifty billion exclaimation points is kinda annoying. ^^;

Just what I was thinking.

Uecil

[img]https://i.ibb.co/4jfYrCT/tHdpHUB.png[/img]
Years
Then what would you suggest for a host? >webs

There are plenty of free hosts you could try, for example Xtreemhost (this is a host I use now). It has:
- 50 parked domains
- 50 Add-on domains
- 50 MySQL databases
- 5.5 GB webspace
- 200 GB monthly bandwidth
- 1 FTP account
- 50 MB MYSQL space
- 4MB file save limit
- Great support staff

or you could always try, Byethost, I'm not sure what they have to offer, but I know web hosts that say it's a good host.

Back