• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
Years
My swarm today was able, and I just couldn't pass up the opportunity to get one with better IVs (the best one I caught from a while ago was lackluster to say the least)...I've captured two so far, and I planon catching more.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jul 24, 2009
If only i had Wifi I'd offer you a shiny spoink to catch me one to lol, do you know if nidendo acually discontinued it's wifi routers that they sold for 20 bucks? I heard that on another forum and that means I'll have to pay 50 for a normal one

Years
  • Age 34
  • UK
  • Seen Mar 26, 2013
I'm here to steal ryans and MM's glory! It seems like a good day for co-owners to return I suppose.

So, yeah, hi. I can't believe its been so long since i posted, obviously i have an excuse, my computer is STILL broken and i don't have enough money to fix it or get a new one at the moment so i rarely have access to the internet.

Though that doesn't mean i haven't been hunting (AKA abuising that Pokéradar) I've had my fair share of shinys since I've been gone. The list is as follows;

Krabby, now Kingler
Pineco, now Forretress
Natu
Phanpy
Sneasel
Bronzor
Nosepass x2
Jynx
Magnemite

I didn't catch them in that order though, and i have all the pictures ready to be uploaded... though i can't at the monent.

I'm trying to read through the 30+ pages that i missed, im hoping for some drama and some good stories as i go through, hopefully you lot won't dissapoint.

So for now i'll say congrats to all the new shinys you've gotten and welcome to all new hunters, i'll update this post if there is anything relevant to add.

Last edited:

Lil-Dill

I need to change that ^
Years
YES! Yami_Zidane! Your back. Finally. Oh yea what do you think of my new SHC card?

Btw still no secret shiny. I hatched half a box full this morning for $#@!& and Ill do the other half tonight.

Good luck to all.

Years
Whoa, dude, I didn't expect to be part of such a huge co-owner renaissance! o__0 Welcome back, Yami! And congrats on the new finds. Don't you get a bit tired of Radaring everything? I mean, I'm no good at the radar (highest chain is 50-something Starly), but even I find it to be a little too broken. There's no satisfaction. I still remember the feeling when that adorable blue Porygon was staring back at me from the Game Corner, and I've been chasing that feeling ever since. It's what makes shiny hunting fun for me.

Back to the Chikoritas, I've hatched a Bold female with 5 of the 6 stats at their max, the other being Speed, which is one point off. Though my current female breeder has flawless Speed and HP, I still think I've found a new female breeder, for the sake of the number of perfect stats.

Now, back to reading old posts and hatching Chikos.. :)

Lil-Dill

I need to change that ^
Years
Oh yea, hey MM what do you think of my new Shiny Hunters Card?

btw still no new secret shiny.... : /

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jul 24, 2009
Bah! I had a chain of Shinx up to 50 when it just dropped for no reason, oh well I still love my Ampharos he's the sole reason I got those elektrike and almost a shinx, I'll try that again later. Now that my brpthers off the pc I can check the IVs of some absol I hatched for the team I'm building around my shiny Elektrike, and I'm thinking of adding my shiny Cubone to the team as well as sort of a wall

Shadow Chaos

Has gone...
Years
  • Seen Aug 9, 2012
Challenger Approaching!! (Veteran) MetalMario!!
Challenger Approaching!! (Veteran) Yami_Zidane!!

Cool!! Welcome back, you two!!

>>To Teamtyranitar: Congratulations on the Zangoose!!

>>To Lil-Dill: Congratulations on all of those Shinies!!

>>To Brawl: Congratulations on "able"?!!

>>To Doom: Congratulations on the Bronzor!!

>>To Yami_Zidane: Congratulations on all of those Shinies!!

Last edited:

Lady Demoonica Darkmoon

Shiny Hunters Club Co-Owner
Years
Ah, welcome back guys! V(^_^)V Long time no see the other C-O's, ya'know?

I finally bought Diamond, I'm at 4 badges, so I can now hunt on either game.

Congratulations on all the catches, everyone.

LDD's update: Still nothing, yet again.

Runasutaru

Guardian Spectre
Years
'lo, people! :P Sorry for the kinda repetitive absence periods, but I haven't been too active on my Pokémon games lately...Just the thought of opening 30 Eevee eggs (which is fast) and then having to check ALL of their IVs after Rare Canding each of them up to at least level 13-14 and resetting everytime, seeing if I keep any; then I have to release the useless ones and open 30 more eggs... =____=
Best thing I can do right now is train up Rarki, my Pachirisu, so he picks them up often. :P

I also stopped by due to MM's e-mail, I mean... Three co-owners! *Hugs LDD, MM and Yami* w00t! ^_^

I may have to read back a bit to check posts, but grats on all your Shinies! Nice chaining streak, Yami. :P Even though I must agree with MM...My Staraptor was one thing (first Shiny since I got my games stolen)... I loved getting the chained Zubat, but it's not the same as maybe breeding or training Pokémon up to Lvl 100 in a specific region hoping for it to show up...Or the Game Corner, even though I got none there. :P

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jul 24, 2009
Lol my swarm today is elektrike today so I'm gonna go try for a few more shiny, heres hoping their IVs are better than my current ones

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
Years
I feel the same way, MM. That's why in all my games, I'm diligently soft resetting. Diamond is a bit of an exception because I'll soft reset for something for a week or so maybe, but then the PokeRadar will just pull me back in...

I broke my Absol chain after getting 13 shiny Absols. None of them look that much better than the one I originally back in October of '07, but they are only at level 20...I really have no plans to chain for anything else besides Electrike (everything else I want to chain is either on Pearl, or I simply don't have the heart to chain for it right now), so I'm going to soft reset for Azelf on Diamond. I would soft reset for Uxie, but it's not in the cavern anymore. I think the time I ran away from it and checked my swarm, I forgot to soft reset and just leave the cavern. I'm quite alright with it, though, as I really only want a shiny Azelf; Mesprit and Uxie would have been bonuses.

And now I can focus on soft resetting for Turtwig a little bit more. I REALLY want a shiny one.

Off-topic, I know, but why can't I change my avatar?

Edit: Nevermine, I was able to change it.

Last edited:
Years
Oh yea, hey MM what do you think of my new Shiny Hunters Card?

btw still no new secret shiny.... : /
It's cool. Once I gather the motivation, I may start up card requests again. (I can barely find motivation to finish my own... -.-; It's still missing Probopass and Gallade.) Maybe I could host an American Idol-style contest to appoint a new card maker! >=] Whoever can make cards exactly like mine gets to become an official updater! (PM me for the template, then PM me some of your creations)

For now, custom creations seem to be the most practical for the time being, seeing as none of the card updaters really have the motivation to make cards. :p (If you already have a card and would like an update, go ahead and PM me.) My next objective would be to reconstruct my vbcode from the closed card shop thread, and save it to my HD to keep from losing it again in the future.

Challenger Approaching!! (Veteran) MetalMario!!
Challenger Approaching!! (Veteran) Yami_Zidane!!
*we appear as a tag team and you must defeat both of us without falling to unlock us*
*battlefield is large and sprawling, making Metal Mario especially difficult to knock out*

The big SHC family is back together again! Now all we need is for Aaryn and SGM to come back. (Like that would happen... xP)

'lo, people! :P Sorry for the kinda repetitive absence periods, but I haven't been too active on my Pokémon games lately...Just the thought of opening 30 Eevee eggs (which is fast) and then having to check ALL of their IVs after Rare Canding each of them up to at least level 13-14 and resetting everytime, seeing if I keep any; then I have to release the useless ones and open 30 more eggs... =____=
Best thing I can do right now is train up Rarki, my Pachirisu, so he picks them up often. :P
Ugg, that's exactly why I'm doing my Chiko hatching on the third-gen. (I can see how that's a bit of a problem for you. *sniff* Poor Tairikiryu and Jyrvakiryu... ;_;)

I may have to read back a bit to check posts, but grats on all your Shinies! Nice chaining streak, Yami. :P Even though I must agree with MM...My Staraptor was one thing (first Shiny since I got my games stolen)... I loved getting the chained Zubat, but it's not the same as maybe breeding or training Pokémon up to Lvl 100 in a specific region hoping for it to show up...Or the Game Corner, even though I got none there. :P
Mmyeah. I was pretty ecstatic when I finally chained shiny Seviper (my first Radar shiny), but once I started chaining to 40 within a single day and fining multiple shinies per chain, things just lost their charm. For now, I'll stick to soft resets/breeding, and raise the shinies I have. (I now have like 5 unique shinies I haven't even touched.)

I'm wondering if I should change around my Emerald breeding targets now and again. I mean, my Chiko breeders already have near-perfect IVs, so why not work up the IVs of some other species I'm fond of? (or are competitively viable)

Oh, and gratz to people for finds.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jul 24, 2009
I made myself a SHC but it was too big so I gotta keep it saved to my photobucket account then go to my uncles house(he lives an hours drive away,on good road conditions) and lower the pixel height/leanth because my ghetto pc can't lol

Huh on a different forum someone just told me that Roar is a negative priority move, there goes my movest for Shiny Manectric

Last edited:
Back