• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Worldslayer608

ಥдಥ
Years
I've had that problem before, what I did was:

Make the warp into map 1 Ht and 1Wdth bigger, then save, then make it 1 wdth and 1 ht smaller.

make the map 1ht bigger and 1 wdth bigger, then insert the warp? then shrink it again? Sorry having trouble understanding your response :S

Quickster

Dream or Drop?
Years
  • Seen Apr 4, 2016
In the event where the old man catches weedle in fire red,is it possible to change his name and the pokemon,if so how?

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
Ok, well, here's my problem: While inserting a Fakemon into Torzach, this happened:
Spoiler:

A similar thing happened to the front sprite, except that just the black disappeared. Does anyone know what'd be happening here?

Hm...
You said that the black has vanished into thin air...
Does than mean you're recycling the old palletes the original POKéMON in the generations use, or are you using your own palletes?
Anyways, you also need to insert the palletes to the ROM...
I have a tutorial on how to do it. Probably, it'll help.

About the backsprite...
Does the backsprite uses the same palletes as your front sprite?

CollinP

My Avi Evolved
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen May 19, 2009
Question

hi, me again-
Does Anyone Know The Sprite Numbers For GOLD MAP?
Like in Gold, The Rivals Sprite Number Is 4- This Would Help Me, Cuz... Well... i don't know the game inside out....

Meh

I'm back and a lot wiser.
Years
  • Seen Jan 11, 2016
How do I insert an ASM function into Fire Red?
I was looking to use Mastermind_X's shiny hack for a celebi (editing 28 to BF)
Thanks,
Meh

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen today
Hello there, I have a few questions which I have failed to find a decent answer to on the forums so far:

1. I have heard that in Generation 3 Unown has many forms despite not using the 25 extra Pokémon spaces allocated to it. How are all these various forms achieved? And is it easily replicated for other Pokémon? (so I could have more than one appearance for certain pokémon)

2. About Deoxys forms in Generation 3, how do they work? Do they work as taking up a Pokémon place per form (so taking up 4 places or 3 instead of the normal 1), or do they work similar to the Unown? If done like the Unown, is it possible to enable this for other pokemon? And if so, can form changes be forced by some means?

3. If the first is right, is it possible to have different looking forms having different stats/moves?

4. About moves. I have read some confusing posts about them. I seem to have gotten the impression that there are only a certain amount of moves to be allocated between all the pokemon, meaning to add a move to a pokemon, I would have to remove one from either that or another one. (For example, if I wanted to give Bulbasaur the ability to gain Whirlwind through levelling up, I would have to say.. remove Whirlwind from Pidgey). Is this correct?

Oh, and in case it was not obvious, I am using Generation 3 games. Fire-Red to be exact.

1.Hmm, not sure. Have a go yourself.

2. It is a different form each game. So basically, only 1 form exists in EACH ROM, and it changes when in another game. Basically, in Emerald (for example), there isn't a Power or Defence form. Just Speed.

3. Hmm... Unless they were in different pokemon spaces (as in 2 Forms take up 2 pokemon), i'd say no.

4. Yes and no. You can remove a move from ANY pokemon at all, to make Moves available. So you can rmove Harden from Kakuna and put Fire Blast on Beedrill.

I have a question. You know how you can add new items to a hack? Well, I wanted to add a new evolution stone into Firered, without deleting old ones. How would I set the pokemon to evolve by said stone?

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jun 12, 2017
1.Hmm, not sure. Have a go yourself.

2. It is a different form each game. So basically, only 1 form exists in EACH ROM, and it changes when in another game. Basically, in Emerald (for example), there isn't a Power or Defence form. Just Speed.

3. Hmm... Unless they were in different pokemon spaces (as in 2 Forms take up 2 pokemon), i'd say no.

4. Yes and no. You can remove a move from ANY pokemon at all, to make Moves available. So you can rmove Harden from Kakuna and put Fire Blast on Beedrill.

1. Not sure where I would start, will have a look around the forums I suppose.

2. Aha, thanks for the answer.

3. A shame.

4. Hmmm.. thats annoying, but thank you for the answer.

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen today
1. Not sure where I would start, will have a look around the forums I suppose.

2. Aha, thanks for the answer.

3. A shame.

4. Hmmm.. thats annoying, but thank you for the answer.

How is the last one annoying? It isn't when you know how (PS Most evolved Pokemon have moves listed twice, once at Level 1, and again at Lv 9 for example. They could be deleted to help free up space!)

Larsie13

I have a question. You know how you can add new items to a hack? Well, I wanted to add a new evolution stone into Firered, without deleting old ones. How would I set the pokemon to evolve by said stone?
The only way you can "add" items is to replace the ???-items, but the items can only be Key Items without an effect, such as a ticket for something. If you want those new items to have an effect, like evolving a Pokémon, you'd have to hack the game engine, which could be quite difficult. I know, because I've tried myself to let a Pokémon evolve with a ???-item, and you can't even use them. (Not even if you set that item as the item needed for evolution for the specified Pokémon.) Maybe what you can do, is try to find the effect-data for the evolution stones (don't ask me, I wouldn't know where to look), and set that as the effect for one of the ???-items. But, I believe that it would need some repointing.

Years
  • Seen Jun 12, 2017
How is the last one annoying? It isn't when you know how (PS Most evolved Pokemon have moves listed twice, once at Level 1, and again at Lv 9 for example. They could be deleted to help free up space!)

Annoying from the fact I would have to go back and remove moves in order to add more :), rather than just adding more! Though, thats a good point, they do often have moves set before they can even evolve. Should be a good way of harvesting enough moves to update the various Pokémon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back