• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

good Firered team?

Years
This is my current Firered Team. If you could rate or suggest how to make it better, please do.

Vileplume: Lv: 45
Petal Dance
Solar Beam
Sleep Powder
Sunny Day

Gyrados: Lv: 45
Hydro Pump
Hyper Beam
Toxic
Earthquake

Electabuzz: Lv: 46
Thunderpunch
Thunder
Light Screen
Double Edge

Dragonair: Lv: 45
Dragon Rage
Surf
Thunder Wave
Ice Beam

Mr. Mime: Lv: 46
Magical Leaf
Psychic
Counter
Safeguard

Charizard: Lv: 45
Flamethrower
Blast Burn
Fly
Protect

Last edited:

Anti

return of the king
Years
This definitely belongs in In-Game team Help, so I'll move it there.

As for FR/LG, I usually just counterteam the Elite Four. To be honest, I usually find the early Flying-types mostly useless, though they do cover Blastoise's Grass-type problems early on before you can teach it Ice Beam and deal with Bruno's Hitmons (and Machamp too if you're at a high enough level).

I would definitely get Hitmonlee. As soon as you get to Celadon, get the Tea and win it at the Fighting Dojo. This gives you an easy win against Lorelei...and really, neutral Hi Jump Kick hurts really badly.

Definitely keep Blastoise and go with Surf/Ice Beam/filler/filler. Hydro Cannon is actually a decent filler in-game because it can really hammer frail mons like Gengar in one hit. Just don't abuse it. You'll be solid against Lance with Ice Beam though his Pokemon have some real bulk.

Lastly, I would consider Snorlax. It's very bulky and powerful, and inducing sleep is hugely useful with Yawn. Bosy Slam's para rate can really help with its horrible Speed as well.

Years
Thanks! I have a couple of questions, however.
1) Opinions on Eggecutor and or Magneton?
Eggecutor is Grass-Phychic and can wipe the floor with Bruno, and Magneton can easily beat Lorelei, and can hold its own against Agatha, because Steel types cant be poisoned. (at least i dont think so.)

2) Where the heck can i find Ice Beam? Ive tried to find it numerous times, and i cant seem to find it...

Back