• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Graphics Rating Thread [READ THE FIRST POST. D:<]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Renyui!

ascender
Years
Togu: Well, personally, i think the text could go back under the border. I'm not sure, but i think you dulled it down a bit. Brighten the Eyes, and maybe a Gradiant Map will look nice.

v1
scanlines.png

v2
yehthatsitcopy.png

all you need is ratings.....*bram-bram-bram-bram-bram*

Snivi

..•.¸¸•´¯`•.¸. ஐ
Years
The entire part of my journal is black so the text looks fine when its in place on my journal. I redid his eyes because they were pink in the other one - his eyes are supposed to be a kind of light purple.

Renyui!

ascender
Years
Ok Ok! dont get all 5h!tty(exuse my language) with me! i'm only trying to help! Try duplicating the stock layer, dodge/burn up the eyes, then set the opacity lower, or set to soft light.
and I saw the livejournal, and saw the text thingy, and you were right. maybe try some filters.

Kaiyori

Godzrilla hungry?
Years
Poke'd;; WTH IS THAT???? X~X

Hmmm, it looks a bit plain and the left side is just plain wrong you should never have a complete dark spot then an UBER-Bright spot right next to it...Tut tut..
Needs a bit more Pizazz, try some fractals and decoration brushes.

-----

kaiyoribannersew9.png

Yet Another MASSIVE Slump (WU ZUN =DD, Thanks to Loki for Fangirling him so i bothered to save a picture of him)...Hope you like Comments and Criticism or i will Get Bell to infract you :x

THIRTY-SIX

Banned
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Nov 18, 2015
Try reworking the colours blur and sharpen parts. Scan lines kill.
Put the text on the same base line. … the bottom part. Also for the smaller text maybe make the character spacing a tiny bit bigger.

Gummy

by fire be P U R G E D
Years
Kaiyori: I agree with munna that the scanlines need to go. Also, that C4d next to his face is really distracting, maybe you should lower the opacity.

More Naruto banners!
33emmfk.png

Loki

x
Years
  • Seen Mar 23, 2022
Gummy: Definitely better than the last banner I rated from you! The smudging isn't amazing, and it's a bit hard to find the render, the lighting is too soft for the sharp vector-ness of the rest of the banner. The background and brushes are really cool- though the text needs to either go down in opacity, change the font, or just go in general. The border isn't 100% awesome either, and the #1 thing I don't like about the brushes is that there isn't a smooth transition between the thick diagonal bars to the thin vertical ones. It's like two different banners mashed together, y'know? xD

KAIYORI:

AHHHHHHHH NOBODY LOOK AT THE POST OR BANNER, EVERYONE TURN AROUND AND WHISTLE! PRETEND YOU DIDN'T SEE ANYTHING SAYS I!!!!

PSSST!! THAT'S NOT WU ZHUN!!!!! THAT'S ARRON YAN!!!!!!

Spoiler:

Wu Zhun, and Arron Yan, respectively. xDD;;;

It's a nice banner for sure though, and though I think Arron is covered up a little too much, the effects are awesome. |D Now, time to discover the REST of Fahrenheit's awesomeness that includes: the real Wu Zhun, Jiro Wang, and Calvin Chen. <3

EDIT:

Hey, do you guys think this banner is too bright? D:

sunflower-1.png

Last edited:

Kaiyori

Godzrilla hungry?
Years
Loki;; I stand corrected D8

Yeah that banner is a bit bright, maybe fill in a bit of the white spaces and leave some, and a fractal would be nice maybe on screen or colour dodge.

----

kaiyoribannerskn2.png

EDITED, Thanks to loki for correcting me...theres no real point of posting it here though XD;;

THIRTY-SIX

Banned
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Nov 18, 2015
K: There is a weird glow to the left of the render .o.
The small text is too close together… maybe have it on one text box xD;
Or make the I of loki end right at the top on the n.
Effects and colours still need fine tuning but meh…

Loki:: Custom shapes are a little odd… and the green is too bright. Also the re leaves look out of place.

Also thanks for the stocks xP

Snivi

..•.¸¸•´¯`•.¸. ஐ
Years
@Conman - it looks nice except it is a little too bright at the top center & a bit empty.

vkpolaroid-1.png

polaroid-siggy-1.png

Last edited:

Motsuko Live

... pronounced Mös.
Years
@ Haine Togu: Wow, different. I like it. I'd say the bottom one is better. It seems to have more... flow to it? xD
By the way, is that what I think it is? Kind of disturbing >.<

Anyway, there isn't much to rate here. I like the idea, though. Very creative.
8/10.

WUZ IN SLUMP... WUZ INSPIRD BY LOKI... WUZ ON PS 4 COUPLE HOURS... IZ POSTIN NAO!

Motsuko%20Live%3B%20The%20Break.png

Still thinking of where to put the text... as usual

Loki

x
Years
  • Seen Mar 23, 2022
Motsuko Live: Togainu no Chi! >:D Spread the love! <3

And even though I loathe Keisuke's GUTS, it's a pretty good banner. The outlines are cool, (Ironically I actually did that with one of my banners, though it's got a different effect.) and while the edges are a little pixelly and make the solid reflections kind of weird, the concept is definitely understood. xD The background is pretty cool too, (I see familiar dots. :O) and the lighting is really good, although, the problem is that it seems to affect the renders more than the background. So I'd say probably give a little more burn on the background to Akira's right, to help the light look more normal. xD

The little boxes on the lower left are pretty good, and while I realize I said I hate Keisuke, they cover him up a little to much, which is a problem. I think rotating the render so that Keisuke is a little more upright would fix that easily. And then the borders around the little boxes stand out a little too much too, so those would probably be better of going down in opacity. xD;

The border rawks, and the best place I'd say text could go is either beside the boxes, or on top of them. But if you put it on top, then you'll have to rotate the render so that you don't cover up Keisuke even more. xD Floating-head-syndrome FTL!

But I personally really like this banner. :D No render-bias included.

---

Well, I wasn't planning on putting any banners to be rated, but since I posted already anyway, I thought; Hey, why not?

imagination.png

Motsuko Live

... pronounced Mös.
Years
Reply to Loki: Yes, you caught me... I did try to mimic you with the dots. I thought they looked pretty cool, and they helped me get out of a slump!

Aha, and by the way, you're the first person to actually offer some advise on text placement when I ask for help. xD

I think, seeing as I have nothing better to do, I shall rate your banner, as you have rated mine.

@ Loki: Wow, talk about irony. When I said "was inspired by Loki..." this was the banner I was talking about. I saw it in your showcase.
Anyway, about it:

When I look at it, I get the feeling that everything is un-organized and messy. But wait! Before you smack me, let me tell you I meant that in a good way xD.
It's so expressive, and that seems to be what everyone strives for these days; originality. For some reason, my favourite part of it is that heart under your name. I love it :P
I also don't see any flow, but in this banner's case, I guess it's a good thing; otherwise it wouldn't be very abstract now, would it?

Unfortunatley, the other thing I haven't noticed is a focal point. Wait, wait, wait... bad choice of words.
What I meant to say, is that the render doesn't stand out... it makes the banner look kind of flat. Maybe that's what you were going for?

But, like I said before, I love that background. Umm, is that a ciggarette on his shoulder? lol

Anyway, amazing banner, Lok's. 9.4/10.

*tries to stretch out rating to be as long as Loki's*

*fails* XDDDD

THIRTY-SIX

Banned
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Nov 18, 2015
Togu: Three isn't the magic number xD;

Loki: Love the clipping mask pattern thing in the splatters. Why aren't the lines showing up on his face though o.o;

Live: A Serif font would be good.

Big Nose: Try smudging the left similar to the right. Looks like two styles in one x.x

pushingdaisies.png
pushingdaisiesava-1.png

pushingdaisies1.png
pushingdaisiesava.png

Loki

x
Years
  • Seen Mar 23, 2022
Motsuko Live: It's supposed to look flat, because it's on lined paper, but having no focal is definitely not what I intended. I'll be combining all the comments I've gotten on this banner soon, so once I get off my lazy butt, I'll fix most of the things you pointed out. xD

And yes, that's a cigarette on his shoulder. xD In the actual image, he's flicking the cigarette towards the screen, so... yeah. xD;

I don't know how I can keep talking for ages. *shot* I just keep blabbering on and on, and I don't even know what I'm blabbering about half the time when I go back to look. xD;;;

Munna!: Damn, and I thought I had a good chance with the SoTW this time. D: I lovvve the stock, and the text is really cool as well. I personally like the top one, it seems a little more balanced to me... somehow. xD; Is that a whole stock, or two stocks put together? It looks like one to me, but I could be wrong. It's well composed, though it's kind of hard to focus on one spot since there are just so many flowers covering up the people that it makes me wonder where I'm supposed to put my eyes. ^^;;

-----

Well, the Lelouch and Suzaku one is insanely bright, and it bugs me, so I made another one with a Zombie-Loan picture instead.

For better or worse? D:

sunflowerv2.png

I think this one's kind of bright too though... The stock was really hard to work with. x_o I mean, it looks awesome when it's big... but... it's a little too big for a banner, and I didn't have the heart to cut Chika out. ;;

Pikabloo

Years
  • Seen Sep 8, 2010
munna: ...inspired by WIS? I think this looks good. The main thing I don't like is how the flowers in front of the people cover up too much space. The text also looks a bit blurry. But I like the arrangement of the letters and stuff, nonetheless. V1 for the win. Eh, I don't know what else to say. I like, er, the colours? And it's pretty. I like the flowers. -shot'd-

Loki: I think it's better than the other one. It has some contrast issues, though. The colours are looking a bit pale. Also, I don't like how the text is in the center. It just seems to be a bit too distracting. Otherwise, it's an awesome banner. The circle pattern-like things at the front look great. Glowy soft-brush orbs for the win. And I'm loving the lined paper texture.

... holy crap, I can't rate now x_____o Talk about a slump T-T

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back