• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Script Help Thread (DO NOT REQUEST SCRIPTS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bolens

Soul Hacker
Years
  • Age 30
  • PA
  • Seen Aug 22, 2016
Can anyone help with a particular script of mine. It locks up when it gets stepped on, and does not activate when first stepped one. The script is:

Code:
#dyn 0x740000
#org @start
checkflag 0x250
if 0x1 jump @done
lock
applymovement 0x1 @move
faceplayer
message @text
callstd MSG_NORMAL
setflag 0x250
copyvarifnotzero 0x8000 TOWNMAP
copyvarifnotzero 0x8001 1
callstd MSG_OBTAIN
applymovement 0x1 @move1
release
end

#org @done
end

#org @move
m walk_down walk_right walk_right walk_right walk_right walk_right walk_up walk_up walk_up end

#org @move1
m walk_down walk_down walk_down walk_left walk_left walk_left walk_left walk_left walk_up end

#org @text
= So, your leaving for an adventure\nwith Pokemon, that sounds great! I\lwish you the best of luck, and\lknow this. I am always routing for\lyou. Go become a Pokemon master.\lWell, I think this will help on\lyour journey, so I want you to\lhave it. Good luck!
This is done by PKSV, just thought you should know. Thanks.

locoroco

Ginga Densetsu Weed ANIME PWNS
Years
probably cuz you dont do this

#dynamic 0x800000

#org @start
Checkflag 0x1000
if 0x1 goto @done
lock
faceplayer
msgbox @1 0x6
setflag 0x1000
release
end

#org @done
= i just talked to you.
release
end

#org @msg
=hi my name is(insert name here)

what this will do is make the guy say hi my name is(insert name here)
and when you talk to him again he will say(i just talked to you) now if you just dont want to make the script repeat itself just put

#org @done
release
end

there and your script shouldnt repeat itself ever.

#org @msg

gaiaruler

New Hacker
Years
  • Seen Dec 5, 2015
WHY??????

Hey, Hackmew I just started to script using your XSE but I tryed to make a few scripts and they failed.
Here is a List of my Problems: (In the spoilers)
Spoiler:

If you can help me PLEASE!
I'm pretty comfused with XSE's scripting stuff.
Thanks~
Gaia

Last edited:

x Necromorph x

Super Saiyan 4
Years
I have an apply movement script here.
But I dont want the sprite to appear until I walk over the script tile(or out of the map, same thing).
I dont know what to add, here is my script
Spoiler:

Also here is a vid to show the sprite and his location.
(there is a problem in the vid that I already fixed..)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VhP5GGohbEU

Thanks for the help!

vietazn654

A sound soul dwells within me
Years
I have an apply movement script here.
But I dont want the sprite to appear until I walk over the script tile(or out of the map, same thing).
I dont know what to add, here is my script
Spoiler:

Also here is a vid to show the sprite and his location.
(there is a problem in the vid that I already fixed..)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VhP5GGohbEU

Thanks for the help!
Look up a tut on level scripting. Anyways for the old man, make his ID 002C I think to make him hide before the script. But you have to move him further away out of sight, or else it'll look weird when he pops up when the script starts. To make his sprite show, use showsprite 0x(person event) and it'll show. setflag 0x(flag used) at the end of the script so it doesn't happen again. And use hidesprite 0x(person event) to make him hide afterwards. And, to make sure you go inside the house, you should make him so that you follow him in the house using a warp. Anyways, good luck. And hope this works.

x Necromorph x

Super Saiyan 4
Years
Look up a tut on level scripting. Anyways for the old man, make his ID 002C I think to make him hide before the script. But you have to move him further away out of sight, or else it'll look weird when he pops up when the script is here. To make his sprite show, use showsprite 0x(ID) and it'll show. setflag 0x828 at the end of the script so it doesn't happen again. And use hidesprite 0x(ID) to make him hide afterwards. And, to make sure you go inside the house, you should make him so that you follow him in the house using a warp. Anyways, good luck. And hope this works.

I will be looking it up and learning it soon, but anyways thank you!
About the warp, how would I go about adding that into my script?

vietazn654

A sound soul dwells within me
Years
I will be looking it up and learning it soon, but anyways thank you!
About the warp, how would I go about adding that into my script?
Edit this certain script and add more movement permissions so it reaches to the house's door. Then hidesprite 0x(old man event #) so his sprite will hide into the door. And then once you are in front of the door I would use warp script. ex: warp 0x(bank) 0x(map) 0x(warp #) 0x0 0x0.
That's what I'd do...

x Necromorph x

Super Saiyan 4
Years
Ok, lol I know ive been asking a lot of questions, but I made a level script off of this givepokemon script
Spoiler:

Its supposed to move the player to your mom and she gives you a pikachu, it is supposed to activate after this script
Spoiler:

In a tutorial for level scripting I was reading, it said I had to add setvar 0xvar 0x1 to the second script to make it activate the level script.

The reason I am posting is because that did not work.
How do I make an even happen after another on a diff map?
Also would my scripts work with the situation?
"You try to leave town.. a guy stops you and brings you to your house, when you walk in your mom tells you a pokemon was left for you, and she gives it to you. After that, shes back to her regular "you look tired, take a rest" thing""

Thanks!

kablamo

Straight from NewZealand
Years
Script appear once?

So here i am, for the third time. I have the script perfected BY MYSELF O_O but when i move away the person who I wanted hidden, reapears there. How can I make the script only appear once?

Game:Firered
Editor:XSE

Code:
#dynamic 0x740000
#org @start
lock
faceplayer
checkflag 0x23C
if 0x1 goto @done
msgbox @1 0x5
compare LASTRESULT 0x1
if 0x1 goto @takef
msgbox @2 0x5
compare LASTRESULT 0x1
if 0x1 goto @takew
msgbox @3 0x5
compare LASTRESULT 0x1
if 0x1 goto @taket
msgbox @4 0x6
release
end

#org @takef
giveitem 0x5F 0x1 MSG_OBTAIN
msgbox @5 0x6
checkflag 0x23C
applymovement 0x05 @move
waitmovement 0x0
hidesprite 0x04
release
end

#org @takew
giveitem 0x61 0x1 MSG_OBTAIN
msgbox @6 0x6
checkflag 0x23C
applymovement 0x05 @move
waitmovement 0x0
hidesprite 0x04
release
end

#org @taket
giveitem 0x60 0x1 MSG_OBTAIN
msgbox @7 0x6
checkflag 0x23C
applymovement 0x05 @move
waitmovement 0x0
hidesprite 0x04
release
end

#org @done
msgbox @8 0x6
release
end

#org @move
#raw 0x13
#raw 0x13
#raw 0x13
#raw 0x13
#raw 0x13
#raw 0x13
#raw 0x60
#raw 0xFE

#org @1
= Hello \v\h01!\pI am Mrs. Stone, stonemaster\nof the school.\pYou may have either a\nFirestone, a\n Waterstone, or a\nThunderstone.\pBut be careful\nwhat you choose,\nyou may only have\none, and depending on\nwhich one you choose\n and give to your eevee\nit will evolve into different\npokemon.\pWould you like a Firestone?

#org @2
= Would you like a Waterstone?

#org @3
= Would you like a Thunderstone?

#org @4
= Ok, But i'm not leaving \ntill you take one

#org @5
= A Firestone, good choice!

#org @6
= A Waterstone? Sure...

#org @7
= Thunderstone ay? hmm...

#org @8
= Piss off fag!

Zeffy

g'day
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 7, 2024
So here i am, for the third time. I have the script perfected BY MYSELF O_O but when i move away the person who I wanted hidden, reapears there. How can I make the script only appear once?

Game:Firered

Code:
#dynamic 0x740000
#org @start
lock
faceplayer
checkflag 0x23C
if 0x1 goto @done
msgbox @1 0x5
compare LASTRESULT 0x1
if 0x1 goto @takef
msgbox @2 0x5
compare LASTRESULT 0x1
if 0x1 goto @takew
msgbox @3 0x5
compare LASTRESULT 0x1
if 0x1 goto @taket
msgbox @4 0x6
release
end

#org @takef
giveitem 0x5F 0x1 MSG_OBTAIN
msgbox @5 0x6
checkflag 0x23C
applymovement 0x05 @move
waitmovement 0x0
hidesprite 0x04
release
end

#org @takew
giveitem 0x61 0x1 MSG_OBTAIN
msgbox @6 0x6
checkflag 0x23C
applymovement 0x05 @move
waitmovement 0x0
hidesprite 0x04
release
end

#org @taket
giveitem 0x60 0x1 MSG_OBTAIN
msgbox @7 0x6
checkflag 0x23C
applymovement 0x05 @move
waitmovement 0x0
hidesprite 0x04
release
end

#org @done
msgbox @8 0x6
release
end

#org @move
#raw 0x13
#raw 0x13
#raw 0x13
#raw 0x13
#raw 0x13
#raw 0x13
#raw 0x60
#raw 0xFE

#org @1
= Hello \v\h01!\pI am Mrs. Stone, stonemaster\nof the school.\pYou may have either a\nFirestone, a\n Waterstone, or a\nThunderstone.\pBut be careful\nwhat you choose,\nyou may only have\none, and depending on\nwhich one you choose\n and give to your eevee\nit will evolve into different\npokemon.\pWould you like a Firestone?

#org @2
= Would you like a Waterstone?

#org @3
= Would you like a Thunderstone?

#org @4
= Ok, But i'm not leaving \ntill you take one

#org @5
= A Firestone, good choice!

#org @6
= A Waterstone? Sure...

#org @7
= Thunderstone ay? hmm...

#org @8
= Piss off fag!

Put a flag (the one that mustn't have been set before) in the "Person ID" box in A-Map. You'd easy recognize it in here:
Spoiler:

Reygok

Beginning Hacker
Years
  • Seen Jan 22, 2016
So nobody knwos why all my flags are resetted when I leave the Map? I used 1000 and 1001, which are recommended by the guide in XSE, but perhaps these are not so well in FireRed. So, please, what can I do?

Binary

え?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 7, 2014
Hmmm..try another flag.
..or it could be because of a level-script.

Reygok

Beginning Hacker
Years
  • Seen Jan 22, 2016
Well, I tried another flag, now it worked, thanks^^ but i don't have any level scripts, so that was not the problem.

x Necromorph x

Super Saiyan 4
Years
Ok, lol I know ive been asking a lot of questions, but I made a level script off of this givepokemon script
Spoiler:

Its supposed to move the player to your mom and she gives you a pikachu, it is supposed to activate after this script
Spoiler:

In a tutorial for level scripting I was reading, it said I had to add setvar 0xvar 0x1 to the second script to make it activate the level script.

The reason I am posting is because that did not work.
How do I make an even happen after another on a diff map?
Also would my scripts work with the situation?
"You try to leave town.. a guy stops you and brings you to your house, when you walk in your mom tells you a pokemon was left for you, and she gives it to you. After that, shes back to her regular "you look tired, take a rest" thing""

Thanks!

And I get ignored.. Can I get some help please?

pokefan50

Beginning Hacker
Years
  • Seen Jul 15, 2010
Hey guys.
I'm trying to make a givepokemon script for my hack.
Version: Firered
The problem I have is that each time I try to compile it with the Batch Compiler i get a message that says #org/#seek directives not found. I looked earlier on the thread, and I saw a similar error, but the only problem in that person's script was that they used @dynamic instead of #dynamic. I have looked through my script, and I have no idea what I did wrong.
Here is the script:
Spoiler:

If anyone can help than I would really appreciate it.
Thanks in advance!

Shiny Quagsire

I'm Still Alive, Elsewhere
Years
Hey guys.
I'm trying to make a givepokemon script for my hack.
Version: Firered
The problem I have is that each time I try to compile it with the Batch Compiler i get a message that says #org/#seek directives not found. I looked earlier on the thread, and I saw a similar error, but the only problem in that person's script was that they used @dynamic instead of #dynamic. I have looked through my script, and I have no idea what I did wrong.
Here is the script:
Spoiler:

If anyone can help than I would really appreciate it.
Thanks in advance!
The lock and faceplayer needs to be before a #org. It's fine except for that.

Zeffy

g'day
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 7, 2024
The lock and faceplayer needs to be before a #org. It's fine except for that.

Uhmm, correction the lock and faceplayer commands need to be after the starting pointer which, in his case, is #org @start.

Last edited:

pokefan50

Beginning Hacker
Years
  • Seen Jul 15, 2010

Uhmm, correction the lock and faceplayer commands need to be before the starting pointer which, in his case, is #org @start.

Thank you both for your replies. Zeffy, if that is not what the problem is, than do you know why I keep getting the #org/#seek directives not found error?

Note: for those who have not read my original problem, it is two posts above this one.

Thanks in advance!

Binary

え?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 7, 2014
Uhhh..I think Zeffy meant after :/
Spoiler:

Also, you need a space after the "=" sign in the last three pointers.
Spoiler:

Try compiling and tell me what you get.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back