• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

NarutoActor

The rocks cry out to me
Years
Would anyone happen to know what is Giovanni's number in FireRed, in unLZ.gba?

I also have a problem with A-Text. Every time I open it, before it even shows the window, it says "A-Text has encountered an error and has to close". The typical message along those lines. Why is this? Should I re-download it?
in unlz gba geovanni's number in firered is 1607 hope I helped

Years
  • Age 29
  • USA
  • Seen Aug 22, 2010
Thank you so much! That meant a lot to me. I actually already have the Evil Team's leader for my hack. (Her Concept Art at least), and figured I would just use Giovanni's code.

Years
  • Seen Aug 3, 2009
l0L, IM SORRY, SORRY! just im overreacting, how can people cope with using ruby then!
im just gonna stick to firered ;S

TheNerdyPotato

Feraligatr is actually a Croc!
Years
I am trying to edit the text with the pikachu on the top right, but everytime I do its either overlapping or it only shows some parts of it and then shows a down facing red arrow which points to no text!

How do I fix it?
Im using advancetext btw!

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
Years
l0L, IM SORRY, SORRY! just im overreacting, how can people cope with using ruby then!
im just gonna stick to firered ;S

Fire red has the same things...
Seriously, it is no problem.
I don't see why you wont just believe me.
You see, EVERY pokemon ROM has this. You are simply being stubborn.
This is an image of Fire Red Version. This is only 1 of the examples.
A LOT of tilesets have this issue, and it is no problem.
DON'T WORRY ABOUT IT.
sillytiles.PNG

Years
  • Seen Jan 2, 2010
Any help guys? I just ran through almost all of the numbers in the old UNLZ.gba (and translated a good bit of the dutch) but still no dice. I just need the big yellow and blue pokemon logo and the text under it that says Pokemon Emerald. Thank you!

It's been 3 days... does everybody really not know the answer?

Larvitar170

Noobie hacker
Years
Ok, I have been digging through the archives, searching for an answer on this one. I figured it was a common problem, but I guess not. I am trying to change names after inserting maps on Fire Red using Advanced Map. But I don't see how. They are all named Pallet Town, and...that won't do. Any help?

Years
Ok, I have been digging through the archives, searching for an answer on this one. I figured it was a common problem, but I guess not. I am trying to change names after inserting maps on Fire Red using Advanced Map. But I don't see how. They are all named Pallet Town, and...that won't do. Any help?
Is there maps you're not gonna use?Change the map's name to that,then edit the name.I'm doing that for my hack.

Years
  • Seen Oct 9, 2009
In FireRed how do you make it so you have the national dex at the start of the game, like in Zel's Shiny Gold hack?

Matteron (96)

Can't Read Lookin Ass
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 13, 2024
In FireRed how do you make it so you have the national dex at the start of the game, like in Zel's Shiny Gold hack?
You have to use a cetain flag...what was it again...uh...oh ya it was flag 829(normal Pokedex) then use special 16F. Hope that answers your question, also if you don't know how to script then go to : Clicky ^.^

jakerman999

looking for spriters
Years
Well I did the search protocol like requested at the first post, but I'm not going to sift through 5000+ hits to find what I'm looking for, and I've never been good at search refining; so here I go.

I recently inserted an image into a leaf green ROM through unlz which displays fine with the exception of the palette. Opening the palette viewer in vba shows that the problem is that the image is reading the palette for a different image than what it is supposed to. The correct palette is in use, but not by anything visible. I would just edit the palette that it is using now, but it is in use by something else.

Here I assume that I need to use a hex editor to manually edit the pointer telling it which palette to use which would be easy, except that I don't know how or where the palette pointers are stored.

1. Is there an easier way than what I am planning?
2(if not). How and where in an image are the palette pointers written
2a. How would I determine which pallete it is using(hex adress) and which one I want it to use(also hex address)
2b. Does vba have an ability to display palette offsets?

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Aug 3, 2009
Hello everyone!

I started playing FR again, but this time it had to be on an emulator since my GBA is broken. Anyway i would apreciate if someone could help me:

1. I played a bit of FR in VBA, but i could only save the Game like: File > Save and couldn't do the Start > Save, since a message was saying that something wasn't installed, etc, etc.. And since that is important because is the only way to continue the game after beating Elite 4 1st time, i would like to know how can i do it?

2. Anyonw knows a FR version that works with gameshark codes like the ones in Supercheats.com?? The 1st ones - Masterball, everything for 1$ and infinite money - worked for me, but the others to catch the pokemons i want, didnt worked, anyone knows if a special version is needed? If yes, can someone please tell me where can i download that exact version of the gameshark codes? All this because i would like to catch Lugia, Ho-Oh and Deoxy's, since i never tought they existed in FR.

Thanks for help guys :)

Years
  • Seen Oct 9, 2009
"You have to use a cetain flag...what was it again...uh...oh ya it was flag 829(normal Pokedex) then use special 16F."

I know nothing of scripting, so could someone kindly tell me step by step how to change the pokedex flag using XSE, or whatever the hell I have to use?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back