• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Which past generation Pokemon do you want to return?

Guy

just a guy
Years
No two threads can ever be the same and exist at the same time. Going to have to merge this into the other thread of the same discussion for you, buddy.

Also in an unrelated note, I really don't want Zigzagoon etc. Instead of that can we have some classic mons like Miltank and Chansey pretty please??
But Zigzagoon is amazing! The most useful normal type you find at the beginning of the games outside of just being used as an HM slave.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Zigzagoon is good, yes, but the others are just fillers... and I don't see a reason for them to return if there's another new normal type to go there :(

Guy

just a guy
Years
Oh, in general, I have to agree then. I'd rather the region's native common Normal nuisance be found rather than all of them while the lesser common Normal types from past generations be available instead. It adds a bit of variety in what sort of Pokémon you can catch under that type without having a sense of repetitiveness.

I really don't need to run into this region's common Normal type and on top of that a bunch of Rattatas or Bidoofs too.

Annataz

Master of Time and Space
Years
As long as I can get Absol, I'll be happy. Krookodile would also be nice, though. Gardevoir's already going to be there. Those would probably be my top non-starter/non-legendary picks.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
The one thing I don't see changing is the beginning routes having a new Normal type to start off with. If that's happening, then I REALLY don't want to see the previous ones appearing as well, as stated. So pretty much I'm happy having our new beginning normal type, plus some other various older normal types that are actually not awful (Miltank was mentioned up there), but don't give us the new Normal type PLUS Rattata and Sentret.

Years
  • Seen May 29, 2013
I would like to see some 4 gen pokemon back. Like froslass and mismagius. I already think they used roserade a lot, but i would like to see that as well. As far as other gens, i'd like to see the classic 1 gen as well.:P

Nate

Evil Cute Thing
Years
Geodude is a HUGE no-no. Im sick of geodudes and zubats (most of the kanto pokemon) appearing in every region. Kanto needs a break. I want to see pokemon suc as roggenrola in replacement of geodude and so on. Also, it would be cool to have some unova evolutions, like maybe sawk and throh. Black and white need to be developed more, like the pokemon eveloution schemes have been altered through generations. Also I would love to see a return of rare pokemon - e.g togepi, riolu, growlithe, pokemon that are quite rare. Man theres SO much to say!

Years
  • Seen Oct 10, 2013
I like all the generations and almost all the pokemon (my fav is gen 5), so for me the question is not for which pokemon I want to return - because I'm happy no matter what pokemon returns.
For me, the real question is what pokemon I DON'T want to return. There are only a select few that I don't want to return:

• Geodude
  • Zubat
  • Ratata
  • Woobat
  • Weedle
  • Emolga
But apart from that, I'm happy for whatever pokemon returns.

Nate

Evil Cute Thing
Years
Hoenn pokemon really need to come back! They should make a hoenn remnake, like they did with gold and silver. They dont need a kanto remake, they got heargold/soulsilver for that. Hoenn btw is my facourite region and the pokemon there are amazing. Id be more than happy if Flygon was to make a return, plus other dragon types should come back, like garchomp, and haxoru, etc.

What I dont want to see as archeops12354 said, geodude and all them, I also dont want to see audino, paras, caterpie, and pidgey, and spearow. I wanna see loads more bird pokemon, I tell you it's difficult to find a good bird pokemon in these games. Also would love to see some new baby pokemon from either the sinnoh or unova place, as the sinno evelution scheme hasn't been tinkered, dueto the fact that black and white brought ONLY new pokemon, and no new evelutions.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I like all the generations and almost all the pokemon (my fav is gen 5), so for me the question is not for which pokemon I want to return - because I'm happy no matter what pokemon returns.
For me, the real question is what pokemon I DON'T want to return. There are only a select few that I don't want to return:

• Geodude
  • Zubat
  • Ratata
  • Woobat
  • Weedle
  • Emolga
But apart from that, I'm happy for whatever pokemon returns.

Actually, I didn't find Emolga annoying and it didn't appear too much, compared to Audino, so I'd say it's likely to return :3

TheHitAndKill

Youtube Me TheHitAndKill
Years
  • Seen Jun 18, 2013
regardless how stupid pokemon look in this one... I still want to use the old ones and waste the new ones with them.

Kitori

[FONT=impact][COLOR=#000000][I][b] V A L K Y R I E
Years
A major part of what I loved about B1/W1 was the fact that all Pokémon we encountered before the National Dex were brand new. During the main campaign, I really felt like I was playing Pokémon for the first time again. I really hoped they would do the same for Gen 6.
I actually didn't like that about BW1 either... I had a really hard time getting into that game because I couldn't get attached to the pokemon. I'm always really happy when I can collect my favorites and use them in the game. I never get my perfect team before completing the game, but even having one or two old favorites makes it more enjoyable to me.

Rayziken 2

Beginning ROM Hacker
Years
  • Seen Sep 9, 2016
I want to see practically all of the Hoenn Pokémon (I love around 90% of them), as well as some Pokémon from Kanto, Johto and Sinnoh, but only a small amount from Unova because of how they were all you could find in B\W, and they were still practically the only Pokémon you could find in B\W2 if you don't count the new maps.

Years
  • Seen Mar 31, 2013
Since Black & White was a reboot, it'd be fair to the younger crowd to bring some of those Pokemon back and maybe have more evolutions, sort of like how Gold and Silver was connected with Red and Blue. Having said that, there are a few Pokemon we should have back. It'd be cool if they added an evolution to Scizor. Also you can't make a Pokemon game without Pikachu. I agree with people when they say Ruby & Sapphire pokemon need to be brought back. Those were beautiful looking games.

Fire Flyy

metaphysical poet
Years
A bunch from gens 2 and 4 since they had the best designs, in particular Budew Line, Skarmory, Hoppip, Hippowdon but honestly like 90%+ of Pokemon from those generations are cool so it doesn't really matter.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 21, 2021
Actually, I didn't find Emolga annoying and it didn't appear too much, compared to Audino, so I'd say it's likely to return :3

Considering Pikachu looks likely to return and that we might get another Pikachu clone along with Pikachu it seems unlikely to me that Emolga would return.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jan 5, 2018
We should be able to get Flying and Surfing Pikachu too. And not inversed gender like they done with HGSS, Because Chuchu is a Female Flying Pikachu while Pika is a Male Surfing Pikachu, in the game the MAle was flying and Female was Surfing ... And let's not forget the Flying and Surfing emote need to change, The first gens used Lapras for Surfing and Pigeotto or Pigeot for flying while after it was Kyogre for Surfing, then last gen used Wailmer for Surfing and I think it's still Pigeott or Pidgeotto in gen V.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Nov 29, 2018
I would like to see Woobat back. Swoobat really helped me with the elite four in Black and a further evolution for him ala Crobat would also be a welcome addition, at least in my eyes. Hopefully they'll have some more Hoenn natives make the crossover to this new region too, there were so many gems from that generation.

Back