• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: Pokemon Blast Ruby & Crush Saphire

Status
Not open for further replies.

-PARADOX-

Overworld Spriter :)
Years
attachment.php

Not just another remake!
Base: Ruby
Language: English

Intro
Ok first of all i apologise to all of those who like black yin & white yang, that project is dead due to my laptop being stolen.
Anyways on a higher note i have continued my 2 part hack. Only this time in the form of a remake of Pokemon Ruby and Saphire...

I know what you are thinking and when you see the screenshots you will understand that this is actually going to set about to be something amazing...

Starting off
You are a young protagonist who starts off their journey soon after moving to the small town of littleroot in the Hoenn region. You make friends with the professors son/daughter and eventually get your starter.

Features
HGSS tiles
B/W sprites
All Pokemon capturable
All events redone
New rival!
A few new areas to explore
Amazing graphics

Screens
attachment.php

Help needed
A scripter
A beta tester
A graphics inserter
Title screen designs
Banners

Credits
-Kyledove for the overworlds
-Olli97 for scripting
-Konekodemon
-Atif

Errors
attachment.php

The male and female hero overworlds went like this when i inserted the female hero overworlds ( how can i fix?)

Support Banners
None :(

Attachments

• screens.PNG
    screens.PNG
    52.6 KB · Views: 3,165
  • banner.PNG
    banner.PNG
    49.4 KB · Views: 2,909
  • bad.PNG
    bad.PNG
    11.6 KB · Views: 2,907
Last edited:

Quickster

Dream or Drop?
Years
  • Seen Apr 4, 2016
Graphically, this is looking really nice. (Except for the fact your a giant compared to everyone but Birch :p) Did you create all these tiles and overworlds by yourself? If so bravo. I was just wondering because you dont have any credits, XD

Story wise, its Ruby and Saphhire, so of course its gonna be good. Ill be very interested in this if you can continue this further.

Good luck. :D

-PARADOX-

Years
Oh I forgot about the credits thing :L credits to Kyledove for the overworlds. And I can't remember who made the house and lab tiles but I had to re draw all the house tiles anyway into 16 colours so it looked perfect :) if anyone wants to help just pm with what you can do and sone proof of your work:)

adamb241

Pokémon Raging Fury
Years
This looks fantastic. A wonderful spin on ruby. I wish you good luck with this project!

Lugiaz Soul

I support Crystal Dust
Years
Dante was doing something similar but he's taking to long! Hopefully you won't let us down. Are you going to keep the original soundtrack or are you going to spice it up with remixes? Oh, and I really want to be a beta tester! Thank you!

Last edited:

-PARADOX-

Years
Dante.... That name sounds familiar, did he make Pokemon Crono (it is amazing!) and dont worry, i wont stop on this, i plan on finishing it! and yes there will be new music, but towards the end not in the first alpha release...

COMPETITION!
Ok guys heres the thing, there is a new character being introduced to my game, your 3rd rival here is his stats and info

Name: Blane
History: Blane has a special connection with Pokemon, just like you do! He befriends you in Petalburg woods...
Pokemon: Pikachu

What i want you to do is design Blane, then ill pick the best design, create an overworld for him and modify his design if nescessary and insert him in the game, you will get credit of course

hackerofdarkness

I have return
Years
Looks terrific in graphics though I think it must have been hard to insert those tiles into a gba game since the ds tiles are quite huge but neither less you sir are a genies btw some of the house of the hero,lab of prof,mart, PC belong to BoOmxBiG just telling you in case you wanted to know who spirited those buildings.

~Wind~

Detective
Years
Add in Mirror B. He's my favorite videogame villian ;)

Uh, no.
Mirror B is nothing to do with Ruby/Sapphire.
Anyways, looks nice, but does Blane have to have Pikachu?
I hate Pikachu.
How about Elektrike or something?

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
Years
Uh, no.
Mirror B is nothing to do with Ruby/Sapphire.
Anyways, looks nice, but does Blane have to have Pikachu?
I hate Pikachu.
How about Elektrike or something?

I dunno what Paradox's ideas are, but I think he wants it to be a Pikachu.
Wether you were stating that you don't like Pikachu, or if it's because you want to design him, I think Paradox want it to be a Pikachu.
If you do want to design him, you could just make one with a Pikachu and one with an Elektrike, however that would be kind of time consuming.
And yeah. Pikachu seems to overrated, even though it's kind of an protagonist in the Anime :I

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
wow i must say you are gonna go down famous is this is released.
But a few things :/ In oldale you have the P.C and the Mart the wrong ways round and there is a house missing (sorry but i know hoenn to well) anyway looks good

Olli

Years
wow i must say you are gonna go down famous is this is released.
But a few things :/ In oldale you have the P.C and the Mart the wrong ways round and there is a house missing (sorry but i know hoenn to well) anyway looks good

I don't really think that this is gonna make Paradox famous.
Of course he'll get popular because of the overwhelming graphics and all that, but in the end, it's kinda just a remake.
[Sorry if I seem to pessimstic T_T]

And as for the pictures, I guess he either already have fixed it, or was going to fix it.

Years
This looks like a promising project!
However, there are a few things I'd like to point out:
- In the route, the fences suddenly stop, there should be a visible end
- The trees look kind of weird
- The apricorn tree doesn't look good with that palette
For the rest, I'd love to play it once a beta's released. Keep up the good work!

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
I don't really think that this is gonna make Paradox famous.
Of course he'll get popular because of the overwhelming graphics and all that, but in the end, it's kinda just a remake.
[Sorry if I seem to pessimstic T_T]

And as for the pictures, I guess he either already have fixed it, or was going to fix it.

I was kinda meaning like LinkandZelda and Zel you know them because they were the first G/S remakers

Since as far as my intelligence knows this is the first R/S remake

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 16, 2024
To be fair, I like the idea. But, it may not make you famous - you're just adding to the Ruby storyline on a Ruby ROM (Zel and LinkandZelda used a 3rd gen ROM to make a 2nd gen game. A bit different Nintendork15).

Negative part aside now, as to be honest, I love the idea. It isn't a remake, as such, more a revamp, and to be honest, I love it. Many people get put off of Ruby for the graphical ideas, and this may spur some to actually play the game. And the additions should just add to that!

Olli

Years
To be fair, I like the idea. But, it may not make you famous - you're just adding to the Ruby storyline on a Ruby ROM (Zel and LinkandZelda used a 3rd gen ROM to make a 2nd gen game. A bit different Nintendork15).

Negative part aside now, as to be honest, I love the idea. It isn't a remake, as such, more a revamp, and to be honest, I love it. Many people get put off of Ruby for the graphical ideas, and this may spur some to actually play the game. And the additions should just add to that!

Yeah, you're probably right.
This game might not make anyone famous, but many may play it.
I personally never finished the 3 generation games, and never tried again, due to loosing my cartridge, and because it wasn't really worth buying a new one, when new games with better graphics were out.
Since it has gotten really good graphics and tiles and sprites, people will probably try it out.

TCB

Tranquilo.
Years
I'm amased by the graphics, they look so good. Too bad your laptop was stolen though. Brendan looks amazing, and will definitely be a work of art if commitment is priority number one. (Hopefully a sign for R&S remakes on the horizion....hey I can dream...)

I'm amazed by the graphics, they look so good. Too bad your laptop was stolen though. Brendan looks amazing, and will definitely be a work of art if commitment is priority number one. (Hopefully a sign for R&S remakes on the horizon....hey I can dream...)

I'm amazed by the graphics, they look so good. Too bad your laptop was stolen though. Brendan looks amazing, and will definitely be a work of art if commitment is priority number one. (Hopefully a sign for R&S remakes on the horizon....hey I can dream...)

I'm amazed by the graphics, they look so good. Too bad your laptop was stolen though. Brendan looks amazing, and will definitely be a work of art if commitment is priority number one. (Hopefully a sign for R&S remakes on the horizion....hey I can dream...)

Last edited:

-PARADOX-

Years
Answers and spoilers

hackerofdarkness: thamkyou for that i will credit him asap!

~Wind~: actually i was about to change that to Elektrike it makes him seem more related to Hoenn. Blane also is from Rustborro just as some added information :)

Sora's Nobody: please help with my overworld error! thankyou pm me!

Guys i dont want this hack to make me famous :L i just want a project i can finish and that i will enjoy making. Hoenn is my favourite regions. I am well aware that some of the buildings may not be in their original spots, but i want this remake of the game to have my own little touches.

That is where Blane comes in. Blane is my way of giving the rse series a new story. Blane has an interesting background, one that has a relation to wally and Birch. Blane gets into mischief, he has his own seperate way in the game that the [player] gets tangled up in.

Eventually once you've completed the league Blane is actually your way into the exploration of some new islands south of Hoenn, which have some unusual features and surprising ones, aswell as lots of challenges, these Islands are called the 'Crasher isles'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back