• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do Your Friends Know You Like Pokemon?

latias724

latias is so cute ;-)
Years
  • Seen Aug 19, 2009
everyone in my year does, they laughed at me for about a month then they forgot but my friends don't care what i like

Years
  • Seen Jun 26, 2006
none of my friends knows it, because i startet to play pokemon again not more than a few weeks ago

Natsuki

.bluefang.
Years
Well, my best friend knows I like Pokemon. She'd never make fun of me for it though. Afterall, why would a real friend laugh at something you like? That's just silly IMO. ;/

~Kelsey

Years
Almost everyone knows I like Pokémon, I also have the games and they know, I know a lot of Pokémon things and they know about it, I chat with some friends but some people that don't like me laugh and talk that it's too childish for my age (11 years old).

Metaforte

Hey, Im still alive.
Years
No and No. For starters, if I tell any of my friends, a good chance is that someone will tell some other guy, and so on. I am never going to wear a pokemon shirt ever or by the toys. Im just mainly a fan for the games.

MasterWGS

Impossible=Nothing, Mewtwo=OU
Years
  • Age 35
  • Ohio
  • Seen Mar 17, 2011
Oddly enough, I didn't think any of my friends knew (I know some of them still don't), but then one of them suddenly blurted, "Okay, so I hear the next Pokemon game (referring to Diamond and Pearl) is gonna be online... Let's face it," there were six of us there, all highschool juniors, "we're buying this game, and we're gonna crush everyone we encounter online."

And thus I realized, I wasn't alone.

MUSION

>:)
Years
The only people outside of my home that know that I like pokemon, are the ones that like pokemon themselves.

Green Bulbasaur

Grass Lover
Years
Me and about 5 of my friends are into the games alot. Were not into collecting cards anymore, and we only watch the show once in awhile.

Years
Some of my friends know. They think Pokemon is stupid, but honestly, I think that they don't even get the picture. Most people only say Pokemon is stupid, because everyone else does, and you aren't "cool" if you like Pokemon. Which makes no sense, because everyone has different things they like and you shouldn't be criticized for something you enjoy. I don't care what people think, but all of my friends who know, they don't really care.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 2, 2021
some of them do.
2 of my best friends still play.
one has started to play blue again =P
the rest may know, or probably don't care
now, as for my PEERS who aren't necisarily my friends, i'l probably never hear the end of it from them..

Years
Some people do. If they ask or mention it, I'll tell them. I'm not really afraid to. Most people I know don't have any issues with it, so there's no reason to hide it. ^^;
If not, they won't know. They didn't want to know, so I won't tell them. Simple as that. :/

Years
  • Seen Jun 12, 2006
haha I mentioned it once to my friends but I think they thought I was joking. lol~
but even if they found out I was serious they would just laugh and it wouldnt be a big deal at all.

Back