• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

CARD GAMES OOC DISCUSSION THREAD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
Years
Nyu, on Ben Kai; I reckon' Big Bang Shot could be used too, depending on the situation; Scapegoat adds in a lot of good damage, of course, but you can compensate by more equip spells too. There's more than one way for Benny-boy to go for the kill so as long as you get an end-sum of 8000+ it's all good. ;D With United + Scapegoat you get 9000 total (two 4500 power attacks), but defense squatters hurt your damaging potential so if you want to work with that you'd have to to make sure that there either aren't too many of them around, or slap on Big Bang Shot for not only an extra attack but that nifty damage pierce. Ben Kei rises to the occasion. :3 Basically, Ben Kei decks run a crapload of equips, a couple of Iron Black Smith Kotetsus to dig them out and a bunch of draw and search effects to get Ben Kei into the game as soon as possible while Asura Priest and equipped-beyond-remorse Mataza the Zapper keep the field clear. As far as I know, the Scapegoat + United combo alone is only for empty fields, though. x3 Oh, and I just realized; since Shrink only takes half the monsters' original attack power it does next to nothing in helping you against Ben. (measly 500 damage off for two attacks) =O Regardless, for visualization purposes, here's a decklist for a Ben Kei OTKO:

Spoiler:

Aaanyway, they had a leader? xD *Shot* But yeah, some kind of noble sacrifice thing would be fun at some point. I mean, that's so Yu-gi-oh!, I love it! Tacey could be all 'Yeah, I'm not only smart, cultured, pretty, and talented; I'm magnanimous too'. Oh, and my little NPC duo could contribute in creating the situation since they're not really the type to care if they're inconveniencing someone else when they decide to play a children's card game with them. ;D

Oh, and it just occurred to me; since the new banlist is coming around in September, will that be reflected in the RP or do we stick with the old one? =O There's some pretty major changes this time around, including the ban of Ring of Destruction and (again) Snatch Steal. Fissure, Smashing Ground, Brain Control and Card Trooper got knocked down to one per deck too. As counterweight; Magician of Faith is unbanned (I think it's back at limited again) and the same goes for Breaker the Magical Warrior. There were some other changes too, like Jinzo, Nobleman of Crossout and Pot of Avarice rising to two per deck. Aww...what am I babbling for, the new list is right here. See for yourself. :3

Last edited:

Scarlet Weather

The Game is Afoot!
Years
Okay... wow. I need to get a few more YGO cards, because at present my card pool (and knowledge thereof) is infintessimally small. 0_o

Either way, I just went through the trouble of editing that whole duel while still keeping the Limit Break, etc. the same so I'm not going back to change it again unless someone can come up with a completely different duel with the same type of finishing blow. (Does it actually say original attack? I thought it just said "attack") In the future, I'm avoiding OTK vs. Wanderer duels. I mess up too often. I'll just lurk around the Make Your Own Card thread and throw in random decks for Achan's opponents.

As for the new banlist, I'm not sure. I suppose that we'll have to wait and see... maybe Pegasus will suddenly and inexplicably enact a new ban? Keep in mind that I need an explanation for any banlist changes. Anyone willing to help with that, go ahead.

(Hmm... new justification for sucky Ben Kai OTK thing: Natsumi is primarily a Warrior's Toolbox player, but her signature finisher is Ben Kai.)

EDIT: Whoah... guess they decided to semi-limit gadget. A lot of the useful D-Heroes are getting limits slapped on them too. Aw, man, I happen to lurf Ring of Destruction, but I guess I'm going to have to replace that in Achan's deck... oh boy.

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
Years
Mmmhmm...that works just fine. Scapegoat would probably be in there (Particularly if it's Warrior/Earth Dual Toolbox) and United We Stand and a single Ben Kai for a surprise OTKO don't seem like too much of a leap of faith. Seriously, though, like Frostweaver said; we don't need to stick to competitive cannon here. ^^ Also, if you want to play OTKO why not go really rogue and just make up a whacky one of your own? (Take my pet OTKO combo Toon Dark Magician Girl + Inferno Reckless Summon + Megamorph = 8000 direct damage for instance. xD). Or how about the not-so-famous-but-very-amusing Tyranno OTKO? Ultimate Tyranno with Big Bang Shot chowing down three Ojama Tokens for 8700 damage in total.

Me, I learn these things by being a good little YGO geek and reading articles about decks on the internet. x3 Oh, and I just realized: Card Trader would rock the socks of any deck that needs to dig out specific cards as fast as possible and Ben Kei OTKO is really no exception. :3

Last edited:

Scarlet Weather

The Game is Afoot!
Years
Well, primarily because I wanted a quick warrior OTKO and Ben Kai just jumped out at me. Heheh....

Yeah, I'll be experimenting with a few other deck types for the next few rounds. In the meantime, I've got a question: would giving Jonouchi a normalcy deck sound ridiculously off? I have a feeling that it would suit him. (Heart of the Underdog ftw)

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
Years
Well, primarily because I wanted a quick warrior OTKO and Ben Kai just jumped out at me. Heheh....

Yeah, I'll be experimenting with a few other deck types for the next few rounds. In the meantime, I've got a question: would giving Jonouchi a normalcy deck sound ridiculously off? I have a feeling that it would suit him. (Heart of the Underdog ftw)

Well, Jonouchi's style has really been gambling from the start (Dice Jar burn ftw! Naaah, that would be more Duke Devlin), and as I recall he hated being called Underdog (and was giving Yugi the deathstare for saying that Heart of the Underdog reminded him of Junoiuchi), but you know; he might have matured over the years (and pigs may fly), so I don't see why not. :3

Scarlet Weather

The Game is Afoot!
Years
Well, Jonouchi's style has really been gambling from the start (Dice Jar burn ftw! Naaah, that would be more Duke Devlin), and as I recall he hated being called Underdog (and was giving Yugi the deathstare for saying that Heart of the Underdog reminded him of Junoiuchi), but you know; he might have matured over the years (and pigs may fly), so I don't see why not. :3

Hey look, there goes one now! XD

Well, now I'm concerned. What is Dice Jar Burn? And where are all these deck articles coming from? I need a new resource for this roleplay, dagnabbit!

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
Years
Ehh....Dice Jar burn is just a burn deck that uses Dice Jar. I don't think there's any official build like that since gamble decks aren't really in, but here's a purely off-the-top-of-my-head one using the new banlist:

Spoiler:

As for articles...well, you can always try Metagame.com since they get a new article about once a day on average (not to mention that they have a card searcher (albeit a somewhat lacking one) and decklists from the official tournaments) although admittedly not all of them are about deck builds. You'll probably find more if you just google for them, I imagine. :3

Last edited:

Scarlet Weather

The Game is Afoot!
Years
Alright, question on rulings because I think I've figured out how to save face with the "misplayed Achan duel of death" while not changing the information involved so drastically that it plays out like a completely different game, thereby forcing everyone else's characters to change their posts as well.

Question: Can twister or mystical space typhoon be activated on the opponent's turn during the battle phase and used to target an equip spell card such as United We Stand on Ben Kai?

Scarlet Weather

The Game is Afoot!
Years
Ah, then there's my out. My post will be updated in short order.

Oh, and I actually edited my "AUGH! I AM SUCH A N00B! I AM TECH SUCCORZ!" post so that some actual plot development occurred. Go check it out.

In America

So, the plot has come to a standstill. Due to this, tomorrow I am planning to fast-forward things a bit by introducing an odd NPC villain-type person. (GASP! PLOT DEVELOPMENT!)

Of course, I may need some help with his deck...

Last edited:

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
Years
ZOMGWUTOOCTHREADBUMP!!! =O

Naah, as if a rules prick like me would ever do such a thing. xD Anyways, I just noticed this:

Phanima's signature said:
Note: To those who it may concern, I will be taking a leave of absence from the forums starting from September 14. I apologise to those who are associated with myself through RP's, and ask that the Game Masters take appropriate actions in either bunnying my characters or removing them completely.​

Thought I'd point it out in case you didn't notice it. So yeah, it seems like Phanima will be absent for an unspecified amount of time too. Oh my...our cast is shrinking again, isn't it? x.O

As always, I'm up for helping out with the deck and all that shizzle. :3

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
Years
Dice Jar has to go coupled with Barrel Behind the Door. It works, because dice jar's burn counts as card effect damage. A really risky but huge reward combo of 6000 burn damage ^^ Situational now that ring is gone, but Dice Jar is too dangerous without it XD;

Quick Play Spell if set, can be treated as a normal trap. If they are not set, you can play them like normal spell of course. In addition, you can also play them like a normal trap directly from your hand even if they are not set, if it is your turn.

For example, I attack your Green Gadget with Cyber Dragon. You chain Rush Recklessly on to Green Gadget. However, I can keep chaining with Shrink against Green Gadget, playing Shrink directly from my hand since it is my turn.

Scarlet Weather

The Game is Afoot!
Years
Wow, I was always wondering if you could do that. XD

Anyway, villain makes his first appearance. (Ooh... creepy...) And I'm going to make an announcement here: The next RP day is going to be opened by whoever posts next, so all you have to do is have your character wake up and walk outside, or whatever, and everyone else will conveniently join you. Dea Ex Machina! (x3)

Moving on from that, I'm also putting out a shout-out to Lex_Rextron, who had apparently been having hacker issues that prevented him from posting. I sent you a PM saying that I understood, man, you can come back if you want, but if you keep this new absence up I'm really gonna kick you out for laziness.

Years
Wow, I was always wondering if you could do that. XD

Anyway, villain makes his first appearance. (Ooh... creepy...) And I'm going to make an announcement here: The next RP day is going to be opened by whoever posts next, so all you have to do is have your character wake up and walk outside, or whatever, and everyone else will conveniently join you. Dea Ex Machina! (x3)

Moving on from that, I'm also putting out a shout-out to Lex_Rextron, who had apparently been having hacker issues that prevented him from posting. I sent you a PM saying that I understood, man, you can come back if you want, but if you keep this new absence up I'm really gonna kick you out for laziness.

Sorry about not posting. I've been having a hard time moving my character into the RP, but with this new day I can probally introduce him a whole lot easier.

Scarlet Weather

The Game is Afoot!
Years
Well, since you're ready to post next, just have him out on the street, looking for his team mates. I'll Dea Ex Machina Achan in or something. It'll be great. XD

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
Years
Dice Jar has to go coupled with Barrel Behind the Door. It works, because dice jar's burn counts as card effect damage.

It does? o.o *Feels n00by for not knowing that*

Aaanyway, looks like someone got a spiffy name change. *Pokes ACC* And speaking of changes, here's Tacey's revamped deck, altered to suit the new banlist:

Total: 41

Monsters (20)
3x Bountiful Artemis
2x Ebon Magician Curran
2x Harvest Angel of Wisdom
1x Princess Curran
1x Princess Pikeru
1x Royal Double
3x Royal Emissary
2x Royal Justice
3x Royal Sharpshooter
2x White Magician Pikeru

Spells (7)
2x Court of Nobles
2x Coronation of the Princesses
1x Mystical Space Typhoon
2x Hammer Shot

Traps (14)
3x Divine Wrath
1x Judgment of the Princesses
3x Magic Drain
2x Magic Jammer
1x Mirror Force
2x Negate Attack
2x Solemn Judgment

Custom card list for reference purposes:

Spoiler:

HOMG, I'm using less custom cards this time around! =O Also, on Tyler's introduction: I think I shall take the liberty of giving him a reason to know where to go in my next IC. ;3

Last edited:

Scarlet Weather

The Game is Afoot!
Years
Fine by me. I'm all psyched for the latest beginning. (BTW, I'm completely revamping Achan's deck now that I know a bit more about the game, so it'll be a bit harder to track.)

Scarlet Weather

The Game is Afoot!
Years
Okay, my spiffeh name change is now the name of new RPer of the month, and as such I promise to be break it nicely to you all still playing that not only are Phanima and Jimz on hiatus, but Lexxy just jumped ship as well for his own good reasons. (I assume they're good...) Anyway, we're all in this together now. However, in order to make character interaction more profitable, I ask that everyone without a custom NPC make one RIGHT NOW. This means... well, guess I'm the only one who hasn't yet, unless you count throwaway duelists. XD THIS MEANS ME.

Monsters: 19

Marauding Captain x2
Wandering Hero x1
Wandering Mage x3
Sangan x1
Wandering Rogue x3
D.D. Assailant x2
Dominance Battalion x3
Archers' Battalion x1
Cannon Battalion x1
Wandering Dragon Muthaba x1
(No more beast or healer, I know...)

Spells: 18

Lightning Vortex x2
Shrink x1
Smashing Ground x1
Heavy Storm x1
Soul Taker x3
Reinforcement of the Army x2
Warrior Returning Alive x2
United we Stand x1
Excalibone, Blade of the Wandering Hero x1
Limit Break-Beat Rush x1
Limit Break-Bestialize x1
Limit Break-Omnislash x1

Traps: 4

Mirror Force x1
Torrential Tribute x1
Royal Decree x2

Side Deck
Wandering Hero x2
Wandering Beast x3
Wandering Shinobi x3
Wandering Healer x3
Limit Break-Ability Leech x1
Limit Break-Omnislash x1
Limit Break-Shuriken Blaze x1
Limit Break-Grand Healing x1

Last edited:

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
Years
Uhh...dude, Sangan is at limited and has - I think - been that way ever since its release, same for Heavy Storm and Torrential Tribute. o.o Maybe you ought to remove those multiples to...you know, make that deck legal? Also, I'm pretty sure that Reinforcement of the Army stands at semi-limited. So yeah, at the very least you'd have to go through changes of:

-2 Sangan
-1 Heavy Storm
-1 Reinforcement of the Army
-1 Torrential Tribute

Possibly two copies of vortex as well since you do have three mages to recycle that solitary one with. And as replacement I'd suggest:

+1 Mystical Space Typhoon
+2 Nobleman of Crossout
+1 Pot of Avarice
+1 Premature Burial

Also, with such a bare trap lineup 2x Royal Decree seems like an obvious choice over 2x Trap Jammer, but you know...Achan might have issues with using a 'royal' card so never mind. xD I'm also slightly disturbed by the lack of recruiters in what seems like a toolbox-style build, but that's your call. Two copies of Warrior Lady of the Wastelands wouldn't hurt, though. :3 Also, Marauding cappy might be a good idea to give dominance's special summon effect a chance to shine. As it is, you have precisely zero ways in which to Special Summon dominance, which is a bit of a waste. O=

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back