• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

FSNW5yiFrXVXqv

sorry if this is already somewhere on here - the forum is still a bit tough for me to navigate.

I was wondering, when using songs, tiles, art what is the best way to give credit?

ex: I want to use a song from a movie/show in the pokemon game and want to use art I saw on google images - are those big "no no"s or is it doable?

~ thanks ^_^
Can't really be sure about the songs, but to an extent, it could be accepted as long as you properly cite the composer/artist/song title and where you got it from. If you created it yourself (like turned the song into 8-bit music) you still have to at least mention the song title/artist/composer. But then again, i'm not sure about this.

As for artwork, regardless of where you got it from, it is required for you to get permission from the artist who made it. I've known many people who just take pictures off from google results (with the mindset "it's on google, everyone has access to it") and put it in their sites, but still had to pay thousands of dollars for whatever copyright laws they've broken in the end. Especially those taken from deviantart... everything there is copyrighted material. Art theft is mostly not tolerated.

Additional note about artworks: even though you include the artists' names in your credits, some people simply don't want their images/ideas reused/redistributed at all. They may want to keep that piece strictly and only on that site. It is still best to get everyone's permission, regardless.

karatekid552

What happens if I push it?....
Years
sorry if this is already somewhere on here - the forum is still a bit tough for me to navigate.

I was wondering, when using songs, tiles, art what is the best way to give credit?

ex: I want to use a song from a movie/show in the pokemon game and want to use art I saw on google images - are those big "no no"s or is it doable?

~ thanks ^_^

Like molivious said, it is always good to ask. However, sometimes the creator is long gone or won't get back to you. In that case, simply take their username (or real name) and add it to the credits list with a list of what materials you used of theirs. For my hack, I used sprites by JoshR691. Since the sheet was in public use with credits, I added him to the credit list and put "for opening charizard animation sprites".

GoGoJJTech

(☞゚ヮ゚)☞ http://GoGoJJTech.com ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)
Years
Anyone know the offset of the worldmap pallet for fire red? I couldn't find it after days of searching.

Edit: nevermind. it's at 3ef3dc

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 10, 2024
ok hacking geniuses... after you beat the E4... oak approaches you in Palette town... and you follow him (without control) into his lab thats a level script in Palette town.. but inside the lab, oak walks forward, you follow (again without control) and you talk to him... WHERE IS THAT SCRIPT... its not a level script, the conversation is in Oaks script (offset 0x8169035) but what tells sprite 0x4 to walk forward and turn around, what forces the player to follow and start the conversation... PLUS if the player actually talked to oak (of his own free will) there would be more conversation before the one at 0x8169035... im so confused, it SHOULD be a level script... it SHOULD be easy to find...

karatekid552

Years
ok hacking geniuses... after you beat the E4... oak approaches you in Palette town... and you follow him (without control) into his lab thats a level script in Palette town.. but inside the lab, oak walks forward, you follow (again without control) and you talk to him... WHERE IS THAT SCRIPT... its not a level script, the conversation is in Oaks script (offset 0x8169035) but what tells sprite 0x4 to walk forward and turn around, what forces the player to follow and start the conversation... PLUS if the player actually talked to oak (of his own free will) there would be more conversation before the one at 0x8169035... im so confused, it SHOULD be a level script... it SHOULD be easy to find...

This could be like Bill's script on Cinnebar Island. For some reason, XSE won't decompile it because of a weird branch to get to it. I think Bill's script can be found in PKSV, not sure though. I'm going to give this a try in PKSV.

Edit: I can't find it in either script editor either, though I have a plan. This is a very long way of doing things, but it works:

1) Take the first thing Oak says inside and find it using A-Text.

2) Take the offset it exists at and create a pointer with it.

3) Search for that pointer in the rom using a hex editor.

4) The only result should be in the script. Write down the offset of the pointer.

5) Open up XSE and go to that offset.

6) Continue to subtract 1 from the offset until you think you found the beginning of the script (most map scripts begin with Lockall).

7) Thank me when you find it.:P

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jun 27, 2013
Hi , i need know if exist an pokemon mistery dungeon hack rom for gba with all pokes !!
Please i really want this " room " for 2 weeks !!

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 10, 2024
This could be like Bill's script on Cinnebar Island. For some reason, XSE won't decompile it because of a weird branch to get to it. I think Bill's script can be found in PKSV, not sure though. I'm going to give this a try in PKSV.

Edit: I can't find it in either script editor either, though I have a plan. This is a very long way of doing things, but it works:

1) Take the first thing Oak says inside and find it using A-Text.

2) Take the offset it exists at and create a pointer with it.

3) Search for that pointer in the rom using a hex editor.

4) The only result should be in the script. Write down the offset of the pointer.

5) Open up XSE and go to that offset.

6) Continue to subtract 1 from the offset until you think you found the beginning of the script (most map scripts begin with Lockall).

7) Thank me when you find it.:P

lol I have done this before... problem is...

I know where the exact conversation is... i just dont know why it starts on its own (or the walking)

and its not even that I need to edit it... it just bugs me that I cant find it and it should be a level script... y isnt it... grr (ur right bills is the same way, but I managed to remove it)

karatekid552

Years
Hi , i need know if exist an pokemon mistery dungeon hack rom for gba with all pokes !!
Please i really want this " room " for 2 weeks !!

To my knowledge, there isn't a single hack of mystery dungeon. Some research was done a while back, but nothing came of it.

lol I have done this before... problem is...

I know where the exact conversation is... i just dont know why it starts on its own (or the walking)

and its not even that I need to edit it... it just bugs me that I cant find it and it should be a level script... y isnt it... grr (ur right bills is the same way, but I managed to remove it)

haha, it is kind of funny. I'm sure if you found the script, you could also find the pointer that calls it and from there learn maybe why it doesn't show up.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jul 21, 2013
Im having problems with P.Oak not showing up in the hometown but still dragging the character to the old location of the lab help please?

Years
  • Seen Jul 2, 2013
2 questions:
is it possible to make it possible to buy and sell pokemon in a GBA hack?
can a ninth gym be added? (perhaps after the elite 4?)
thanks guys :D

Falsever

Nation Blue
Years
2 questions:
is it possible to make it possible to buy and sell pokemon in a GBA hack?
can a ninth gym be added? (perhaps after the elite 4?)
thanks guys :D

It's possible to buy and sell the Pokémon in a GBA hack.
Buying Pokémon can be done by scripting.
Selling Pokémon needs ASM if I'm right.

And sure, the ninth Gym can be added, but if you want an extra badge, you'll need ASM. >_>

karatekid552

Years
It's possible to buy and sell the Pokémon in a GBA hack.
Buying Pokémon can be done by scripting.
Selling Pokémon needs ASM if I'm right.

And sure, the ninth Gym can be added, but if you want an extra badge, you'll need ASM. >_>

HackMew wrote some code and a template script for taking away pokemon. There is a whole thread for it in R&D if I am not mistaken.

Im having problems with P.Oak not showing up in the hometown but still dragging the character to the old location of the lab help please?

Delete the map script. It is in the header for map 3.0.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jun 10, 2014
Okay Im having huge problems with hacking and it all revolves around EEVEE.

The basis is that im trying to add in Glacion and Leafeon as evolutions however there is no hack tool i found that allows the hacker to add more than 5 "branch evolutions" to a pokemon (probably due to eevee having 5 evolutions in gen 3.

If you know of a tool that allows to change more than 5 evolutions please post the name and/or the link?

My solution to the problem was to create another pokemon {EEVEE II} so there would be one species that evolved into the first 5 eeveelutions and a second for Glacion, Leafeon, and maybe a proto-Slyveon.

The problems with this were changing the name of other pokemon sprites (Wismer, Loudred, Exploud) and then the game would allow me to use a stone to evolve wismer but before the evolution sequence the message "Huh?" appears on the screen and the screen returns to the bag with the Leaf Stone highlighted

Please help me with tools to change either one of these problems?

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Sep 29, 2021
The problems with this were changing the name of other pokemon sprites (Wismer, Loudred, Exploud) and then the game would allow me to use a stone to evolve wismer but before the evolution sequence the message "Huh?" appears on the screen and the screen returns to the bag with the Leaf Stone highlighted

You should give the player the national dex in a script at the beginning. Pokemon that are originally from other regions (in this case the Whismur family) won't evolve if you only have the regional dex. I can't help you with your Eevelution problem though, sorry.

karatekid552

Years
Okay Im having huge problems with hacking and it all revolves around EEVEE.

The basis is that im trying to add in Glacion and Leafeon as evolutions however there is no hack tool i found that allows the hacker to add more than 5 "branch evolutions" to a pokemon (probably due to eevee having 5 evolutions in gen 3.

If you know of a tool that allows to change more than 5 evolutions please post the name and/or the link?

My solution to the problem was to create another pokemon {EEVEE II} so there would be one species that evolved into the first 5 eeveelutions and a second for Glacion, Leafeon, and maybe a proto-Slyveon.

Please help me with tools to change either one of these problems?

1) This is because the games evolution routine only allows for 5 evolutions. You would need to hack it with ASM to change the restrictions and then completely rework the evolution table around it, or you could create a special case branch for Eevee in the routine. Both require a knowledge of ASM.

2) Do you have the national dex? Probably not, which is required to evolve a pokemon to an evolution outside of the original 151.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back