• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Helio Version

Which starter would you pick?

• Chamelica - Grass Starter

Votes: 110 26.6%
  • Kittorch - Fire Starter

Votes: 197 47.7%
  • Pireel - Water Starter

Votes: 106 25.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Peeky Chew

Master of Palettes
Years
So plot and character updates are nice, and I like things like the character bios, but when are we actually going to see new screens? There haven't been any for 70 day, which I think is pretty unacceptable.

Bards Sword

La Resistance!
Years
I assure you, we are working on screen as we speak. We are right now pooling all our work into the demo, which includes the first two towns (The starting island) and we've given out all the map screens we have of those so far. Aquakip had once been our programmer, but personal issues caused him to give it up and just stick to mapping and spriting, which set us back a bit. Starrmyt is our current programmer now, and is working on the project as we speak. We hope to have battle screens up very soon.

Sorry for all the delays, and I assure you we are still going strong!

aquakip

Art Director, Pokemon Ethereal Gates
Years
As they said, I'll be posting a sprite, or a evolution line on Saturdays. And, well, today is Saturday where I am, so that means sprites!

010avey.gif

Name: Avey

011aerivore.gif

Name: Aerivore

That's the evolution line for today! The region's first set of birds.

The Cynic

♥ These Perfect Abattoirs ♥
Years
Oh I love it! I'm guessing this region, like Hoenn, is subtropical mostly judging by the Pirhannas and tigers and parrots. I think the sprite is very sleek and I love the colours also.

Can't wait until next Saturday.

Planetes.

@n_diiv
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jun 6, 2017
some questions, suggestions, and other things

-Is this the Aaron from the Sinnoh ELite 4 in a cameo?
-I think Aerivore should evolve 1 more time into either an ostrich, emu, or road runner, if you want the region to have more diverse and tropical species (idk maybe Aerimu?)
-Most starter kids are 10-15
-Helios-Very Bright, i get it, haha

aquakip

Years
It's not that Aaron. I told Starrmyt that it may confuse people with that name. We're thinking of a new name now. This is the character's rival, just like Gary, Silver, Wally, and Barry. Maybe something that ends with a Y?

Aerivore isn't going to evolve anymore. It's an Oriole, so if it does, it won't be the same. There is another bird pokemon in Emort, which I hope satisfies your want of another bird. ^_^

Actually, in Black and White, the hero is much older, I think 17? We are taking a new approach to Pokemon with Emort by actually giving it a decent plot and storyline. And by not making Helios 17, that would throw off the whole plot.

Starrcasm

Game Director, Pokémon Ethereal Gates
Years
I'm glad AceDragonite got the Helios pun. Nice catch. :P

And otherwise, Aquakip has it right. Though I dont think we're going to change the name Aaron. :P

If we do, though, it will come with next monday's character update.

Expect Bards Sword's plot update today :D

Bards Sword

La Resistance!
Years
Alright, before I start the plot post, I'm going to give the origin of the character Aaron. Back in the early stages of the plot, his character didn't exist yet. Back then, I was thinking about a character in Oriole Town (the first town) to function as a friend for the first 10 minutes, relaying information, and then staying at home, kind of like an expanded version of Gary's sister in R/B/Y. Maybe he'd give you the town map, I didn't know. At the time, I was looking for a place name to give to him (like Gary's sister is Daisy). For some unknown reason, I thought of the biblical Aaron, who is constantly described as a "friend of all". "Friend," said I, "that makes sense." So his name became Aaron. Later, when we gave him a larger role as a rival, that name remained the same.

Now, the moment you've been waiting for....

THE PLOT UPDATE

So here's a shot plot summary of the beginning of the game.

Before the start of the game, you just graduated high school. You had the second highest scores in your class, while your crush, Selene, had the highest. Although you have a crush on Selene, she considers you her rival at everything and never returns you affection. The day after graduation, you hear Selene is planning to leave town. You go to her room to tell her goodbye, when you see her talking with a mysterious man on her bed. She freaks out at you for invading her privacy, and reveals that she is becoming a pokemon trainer. She and her friend exit the room hastily.

Shocked by the appearance of another man, and not wanting to lose Selene, you hasten over to the pokemon lab run by Professor Palm to receive a pokemon and enter the hard life of a pokemon trainer, even though you have a scholarship to some of the best Universities. Your friend Aaron is shocked and vows to stop you, claiming you're doing this out of foolishness and a childhood crush. When you go to the lab, Selene is already there. Palm shows the two of you four pokemon, the starters and a Koffing. Selene grabs the Koffing and runs, and you take a starter. Outside the lab, the mysterious man is talking with Selene again. Afraid of being overheard, and egged on by the mysterious man, Selene starts a fight. After the fight end in a loss for Selene, the man quickly leaves. Before Selene can chase after him, Palm comes out of the lab and presents both you and Selene with a pokedex and pokeballs. Selene quickly runs off looking for the man, you run off looking for Selene, and your friend Aaron goes quietly over to Professor Palm to have a little chat...

That's the first installment in the summary of our game. We welcome all questions and comments!

Planetes.

@n_diiv
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jun 6, 2017
It's not that Aaron. I told Starrmyt that it may confuse people with that name. We're thinking of a new name now. This is the character's rival, just like Gary, Silver, Wally, and Barry. Maybe something that ends with a Y?

Aerivore isn't going to evolve anymore. It's an Oriole, so if it does, it won't be the same. There is another bird pokemon in Emort, which I hope satisfies your want of another bird. ^_^

Actually, in Black and White, the hero is much older, I think 17? We are taking a new approach to Pokemon with Emort by actually giving it a decent plot and storyline. And by not making Helios 17, that would throw off the whole plot.

Thanks for clarifying and i can't wait to play the game. I'm one of those people who like stage 3 pokemon better than stage 2's, so it dissapoints me when i see a pokemon i want that only evolves once. Anyway, are you, starrymt, and Bards Sword all on the same boat with this, the updates seem a bit different. Well, I'm sure you will work it out, keep up the good work!

Starrcasm

Years
Anyway, are you, starrymt, and Bards Sword all on the same boat with this, the updates seem a bit different. Well, I'm sure you will work it out, keep up the good work!

Allow me to answer that before I do my next character update. Yes, we're all on the same page, though some things not all three of us know, anything thats new does have to pass through me to become game canon. So far what I see is very straightforward, and we havent contradicted each other...yet. That'll come in later once we get into the real meat of the plot. :P

so...its now time for the second weekly Character Update Monday!!!

Today's character is Selene.

selenej.gif

Selene is a semi-rival in the game, and serves mostly as a purpose for why you, Helios, are going on this Pokemon journey. Selene grew up in Oriole Town along side Helios, and the two were very close friends up until high school, when they started to become rivals. Selene found that she was quite intelligent and decided to surpass Helios, aiming to be very bright. Her name is incidentally the name of the Greek moon goddess, known for brightness.

When Selene ultimately beats out Helios for the Valedictorian position, she begins to think about college life, as she had recieved a full fledged scholarship to Mokep University. Selene recieved a letter from a Julian R., asking Selene for some help in a large scale environmental project he was working on. Selene was never the type to sit around, she enjoyed working on projects, so she obliged. Julian was to send an 'admissions officer' to bring Selene into this project.

When John Smith, a recruiter from this organization showed up, Selene quickly fell in love with him and immediately had a bigger wish to join his group. One week later, Smith sent a letter to Selene telling her that that the first step she could do to enter was to obtain a starter Pokémon from the local Professor. Selene obliged, but the meeting was cut short by the interruption of Helios, who now believes that Selene is out to become a Pokemon trainer. Smith flees. Selene, now angry at Helios, travels to the lab to attain the Pokemon she was instructed to get.

....and thus the game begins. :P
-----------------

Alright, so I've been hearing that we're neglecting to post screenshots, and that's my fault, so I'll post a few now to quench your thirst for them. These include Professor Palm, Helios, Selene, and the Pokemon Ottum.

EDIT: On second thought, let me save a screen update for Friday. Give ya something to look forward to.

Last edited:

aquakip

Years
why is almost nobody commenting in our thread? We'd like some feedback. Right now we're running blind, not knowing if the public really likes the game or not. :/

Well, I made a wallpaper cuz I was bored.

http://yfrog.com/1fchibis2p

It features the starters in chibi form.

The Cynic

♥ These Perfect Abattoirs ♥
Years
I just havn't commented recently because frankly everyhting seems hunky-dory at the moment. I wouldn't mind some new screenshots however...

Bards Sword

La Resistance!
Years
You know, I know I'm just the plot guy here, but I would like to say I HAVE seen a ton of new screens, and I have no idea why they're not up here yet. Starrmyt and Aquakip: Come on, get 'em up. I'm waiting too.

PS. NO THAT'S WHAT SHE SAID JOKES!!!

Starrcasm

Years
Come on, get 'em up. I'm waiting too.
That's what she said. XD XD XD
---

And now, onto our very first Friday SCREENSHOT UPDATE!!!

Our first bunch of screenshots will take you through the Intro, Oriole Town, Route 301, a battle, and Whimbrel Town.

Enjoy :D

palm.png
-
ottum.png
-
helios.png
-
selene.png
-
oriole.png
-
oriolebeach.png
-
301.png
-
battle1.png
-
whimbrel.png

aquakip

Years
Another sprite update. Chippen and evo Munkadro. I'll give a bit more info this time:

012chippen.gif

Chippen
The Chipmunk Pokemon
Type: Normal
Ability: Pick Up

This Pokemon can be found wandering around Route 301 during the morning. It scavenges for food early so it can retreat back to it's nest before the predators come out.

013munkadro.gif

Munkadro
The Theif Pokemon
Type: Normal/Dark
Ability: Pick Up

Munkadro love to hide in the shadows of the forest. Because of their great speed, they tend to steal food and valuables from passersby. Particularly at night. There are unheard spottings of them on Route 301, even though that is where they reside.

Chippen>>lv. 27>>Munkadro

Planetes.

@n_diiv
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jun 6, 2017
well there's the game's "rattata".
and btw, aqua, are there any "new" types in Helio
(for example, Light, Sound, Cosmic)?

Starrcasm

Years
Those questions should probably be directed to me, the project's leader.

Though I'm sure Aquakip could answer that.

The answer to that is no. We at Perihelion Productions feel that new types are stupid. :P They serve no purpose, as the current 17 types cover just about everything.

But yes. I hope that answers your question :P

Bards Sword

La Resistance!
Years
Hey, Bards here with a special message:

Spoiler:

No, but seriously, Starrmyt has some more screens now but can't double post, so I have to fill the void. I would like to give away more plot info, but I don't wanna spoil things, so stay tunned for screens!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back