• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

need advice for my design.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Sep 17, 2011
i have a few questions that i would love to have answered, i have searched for around 4 days now looking and reading at different threads and topics before i post this, atm i am messing around with advance map, so here goes:

1. how can i get a custom made tile to work in advance map? for example i create something that looks like a blimp or a bee hive that i would want to see in game how would i go about inserting those tiles in game?

2. is it possible to delete EVERYTHING in advance map? for example deleting every single map, warp, person and scripting event, and starting from scratch?

3. What are the best tools to use into making a pokemon game? for example i am using advance map but is elite map better? what other tools would i need to make a full custom made pokemon game?

All these questions i would love to know asap, i have looked up and down the tools subforums and the tuts subforum for guides on inserting custom tiles as well as question 2, but the tools is where im stuck even if you guys and girls gave me names of tools which are great to use i would look them up my self, but 1 and 2 would be amazing for me to know

anyone who can help me out i owuld be most grateful

thanks

Years
  • Seen Jul 29, 2012
You could also try to make the map from scratch in Photoshop or something. Just look at how the HGSS map was made, and try to do that yourself.

Years
  • Seen Sep 17, 2011
ill have to get photoshop to try that but i will try that, but if i did make maps that way could i use them for my own game?

Years
  • Seen Sep 17, 2011
i dunna iv never used photoshop before, i was just curious weather if i done a map in paint/photoshop or even in AM itself could i still use them?

Pharetra

zzzz
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 23, 2021
i have a few questions that i would love to have answered, i have searched for around 4 days now looking and reading at different threads and topics before i post this, atm i am messing around with advance map, so here goes:

1. how can i get a custom made tile to work in advance map? for example i create something that looks like a blimp or a bee hive that i would want to see in game how would i go about inserting those tiles in game?

2. is it possible to delete EVERYTHING in advance map? for example deleting every single map, warp, person and scripting event, and starting from scratch?

3. What are the best tools to use into making a pokemon game? for example i am using advance map but is elite map better? what other tools would i need to make a full custom made pokemon game?

All these questions i would love to know asap, i have looked up and down the tools subforums and the tuts subforum for guides on inserting custom tiles as well as question 2, but the tools is where im stuck even if you guys and girls gave me names of tools which are great to use i would look them up my self, but 1 and 2 would be amazing for me to know

anyone who can help me out i owuld be most grateful

thanks

Game Development Come here to discuss your games, and the tools used to create them. (RM2K3, RMXP, Sphere, Game Maker, etc) This is NOT the place to discuss ROM Hacks, or anything related to them!
Just sayin', I guess you will receive more help in the right section.

~Anbuja

Let's Keep It Simple
Years
Also at the very first place those questions are hacking realted not making a game from scratch this thread would fit more in the emulation forum not the game development forum and you would had get more detailed answears at that forum too.
So good i know things about a-map:P:
1.For the custom made tiles u need to insert them via a-map(advancemap) there are a lot of tutorials at the emulation tutorial subforum.
2.its not possible to delete them all at once if i am right u have to delete them all manually , i never wanted to do it i just make the maps im editing all with a grass tile than make a new map outta it.
3.The better tool is a-map atm elite map is preferable to use its hard to map with it i never used elite map , go with a-map.

Years
  • Seen Sep 17, 2011
thanks for the response's, and i am sorry for posting in the wrong section, when i clicked the game devolpment subforum i thought this was best place but i was wrong my bad. but thanks for the responses

Cilerba

the hearts of lonely people
Years
Please read the rules before you post, this is Game Development, not the ROM Hacking section.

-locked-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back