• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Extremespeed Challenge!

The Undisputed Era

Shock the System.
Years
!Welcome to the Extremespeed Challenge!

059.gif
384.gif
386-speed.gif
468.gif
448.gif
493-bug.gif

!Rules!
1. You must complete you selected game as fast as possible.
2. You can not hack in pokemon from other regions. You can hack in pokemon from the game your playings Dex. NO LEGENDARY POKEMON ALLOWED.
3. The game will be considered complete when:
R/B/Y/LG/FR [You defeat the Elite Four & defeat your rival]
G/S/C/HG/SS [You defeat the Elite Four & Champion]
R/S [You defeat the Elite Four & Champion]
E [You defeat the Elite Four & Champion]
B/W [ You defeat the Elite Four, N & Ghetsis]
B2/W2 [You defeat the Elite Four & Iris]
4. Hacks of any games are not allowed as they won't reflect a fair and noticeable time.
5. Here is the main rule, The speed button is allowed for emulators! However, do not use cheats to bring down your time, do not use rare candies max out your pokemon and just complete the game in a few hours and finally just generally be totally honest with yourselves.

You no longer have to beat any post game trainers, this includes champions mainly because it's about beating the main game and not any post game material! :D
These are the rules, If I think of anymore I will add them at a later date. From here it's time to start playing! So have fun, be fast and most of all DON'T CHEAT :D.

!Challenges!
Spoiler:

!Champions!
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Nov 12, 2014
Ill do an extreme speed run of ruby

Username hopelessangelic

Do we need to provide updates on our progress?

The Undisputed Era

Shock the System.
Years
Ill do an extreme speed run of ruby

Username hopelessangelic

Do we need to provide updates on our progress?

Would be nice if you did post updates, as it's a speed challenge you don't really need to, but it makes the thread look nicer to post your progress :P

Plus you can use any teams you like so it will be nice to see how creative people can be.

BlissyMKW

Rawr
Years
I'll do an Extremespeed run on Black 2 Challenge Mode. Probably gonna tie this in with another challenge, but I'm not sure which one. Probably Wedlocke, but not 100% sure.

BlissyMKW

Rawr
Years
Meh, I'm posting from school right now and I'm working on an update on my slow home computer, but so far, my play time is at 5:23. I'll be sure to get my first update posted today.

myrrhman

Challenge God
Years
Does this use in game time or real time? I'm guessing real time because of the main rule, as using the speed button also speeds up the in game time, so you can't speed button and use in game time. If it uses real time, I'll do this once for every game, just to get a nice time up there on the championboards.

marcc5m

what
Years
I'll do it on red. Apparently this message is too short, despite the fact that it displays all I need to say.

The Undisputed Era

Shock the System.
Years
Does this use in game time or real time? I'm guessing real time because of the main rule, as using the speed button also speeds up the in game time, so you can't speed button and use in game time. If it uses real time, I'll do this once for every game, just to get a nice time up there on the championboards.

You can use ingame time, Obviously any Colour games will have issues with his so you will need to record your team and have some sort of proof.

MattyJ

Serial Procrastinator
Years
Well, since there is no score up for Red Version, I'll post mine. It's probably going to be a pretty easy beat, but I was trying to get through as quickly as I could!
My strongest Pokemon was at Level 54 when I won... Haha
pokemonredcharmander.png

BlueShellBeast

Rodent User
Years
I'll be doing this challenge on Pokemon Green once my set of 1st and 2nd Gen Japanese Pokemon games arrive. One side question, how do you feel about trading Pokemon for outside training purposes. (ex. I catch a Sandshrew, train it on Red, and then send it back to Green)

myrrhman

Challenge God
Years
You can use ingame time, Obviously any Colour games will have issues with his so you will need to record your team and have some sort of proof.

Ah. You do know that the main rule of the challenge doesn't make any sense now, right? If you play at 250% speed, the in-game timer also runs at 250% speed, so using the speed button doesn't improve your time any. It actually makes you go slower because you cannot press buttons in battles as fast, are more likely to hit walls, etc. So you actually go faster without doing the main rule of the challenge.

Years
  • Seen Mar 1, 2013
Ouch I did FireRed in 12:24 but I used a gba emulator on my phone, I used no cheats but some people wont believe that. How can I upliad a screenshot from my phone?

Back