• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: [Hack of the Year 2012] POKéMON LIGHT PLATINUM

Years
pokemon lp works perfect on my android, it is so simple to make it work, just type on google pokemon ruby 1.0 and open the first site and download ruby rom that is not in rar file then download lunar IPS and patch the game. u can find on youtube a video that explains how to patch games with lunar ips.

Years
  • Seen Nov 1, 2011
how did u worked out on ur phone

I downloaded vba on my computer then I downloaded a ruby rom off of 4shared.com. Then after I patched the ruby rom I tried it on the vba and eventually when I got it to work I plugged my phone into my computer and copied the file to my sd card. Works just as well on my phone as it did on the computer emulator

leews24

ha
Years
people keep thinking its just 1.0 rom. Theres more to that.
to run on your android device, you need

THIS MAY ALSO WORK ON OTHER EMULATORS ON OTHER PLATFORMS(ipod,iphone,ipad,psp,etc)
-get a STABLE emulator(I suggest gameboid, currently off the market.)
-set that to save type 128k
-read the following.
For all ppl who experience white screen:
-download program called gbata
-launch it and use sram patcher to patch your rom
-white screen gone
-still doesnt work? go get 'gba header', and change the header(search thread if you dont know how)
-still white screen? delete all files with the same name as the GBA file, but different extension(sav, sa1, cht, ss0, ss1, ss2, and so on)
-wipe off the cache, and wipe off app data

<for gameboid only(or any emulators that have the following settings)>
-zip the gba file into .zip file, and then run it.
-change screen refresh rate (this differ from phone to phone, try all)
-still doesnt work?! repatch, and try from the beggining, and follow steps again.

now, lets pleas stop seeing this doesnt work on my android/ipod/iphone/ipad/psp/etc

Last edited:
Years
can someone post a link with pokemon locations(route). pls help i remember that someone posted a link before but i cant find it.

Years
  • Seen Oct 20, 2014
pokemon lp works perfect on my android, it is so simple to make it work, just type on google pokemon ruby 1.0 and open the first site and download ruby rom that is not in rar file then download lunar IPS and patch the game. u can find on youtube a video that explains how to patch games with lunar ips.

THANK YOU so much! i finally got it to work with this version! weird thing is that the previous version i tried had the same name...

but it works now!

Years
  • Seen Jan 14, 2017
I'm World Champion already, and i've caught Arceus.
What should i do next to get to the other Legendarys?

Snakebyte

About time, I'd say...
Years
  • Seen Sep 29, 2023
Actually, Shaymin isn't there. You can find it in Inhore Woods - You may need to beat one of those trainers first.

Years
I've noticed one major problem with this hack, and that is that the Gym Leaders, Rivals, Elite Four, and Champions all have the regular battle theme, with the regular victory theme, as opposed to the themes that those special trainers normally have. And when you get a Gym Badge, you hear the regular item obtained theme as opposed to the Gym Badge obtained theme, can you please fix these music errors? Thank you

I agree this should be fixed.

Years
  • Seen Nov 11, 2013
For all ppl who experience white screen:
-download program called gbata
-launch it and use sram patcher to patch your rom
-white screen gone

Except this won't work because the file is .ips

So...still white screen. Even with the right ruby rom. Does it work with VBA with other people?

Could you mabye go into more detail on that. I know SRAM is a save type. Must you change that on the emulator? Please help :)

Last edited:
Years
I'm currently building a walkthrough that will include which Pokemon are found in each route. It's continually being worked on and I hope to have it finished close to the time Snakebyte gets the English version out. Link is in my signature, and my About Me page if you're interested.

finaaaaaaaally after 1 hour reading old posts i found what i was looking for. this walkthrough is freaking awesome, thx for making this genious walkthrough, everyone go to this link: http://quintessencea.weebly.com/

Last edited:
Years
I've noticed one major problem with this hack, and that is that the Gym Leaders, Rivals, Elite Four, and Champions all have the regular battle theme, with the regular victory theme, as opposed to the themes that those special trainers normally have. And when you get a Gym Badge, you hear the regular item obtained theme as opposed to the Gym Badge obtained theme, can you please fix these music errors? Thank you

This is not even important at all tbh, and besides it's not a game breaking error.

Smallbirdie

Lurker Extraordinaire!
Years
Except this won't work because the file is .ips
You've got to use a program such as Lunar IPS to take the ips file and patch into a clean Ruby Rom. When you run Lunar IPS, you select the .ips file, then the .gba file of Ruby. Then you have the patch Rom, and then you can troubleshoot as directed.

Edit: Thanks for the recommendation xXxLugia, I'm really trying to make it informative and helpful!

Years
  • Seen Nov 11, 2013
You guys know whats wrong?

You've got to use a program such as Lunar IPS to take the ips file and patch into a clean Ruby Rom. When you run Lunar IPS, you select the .ips file, then the .gba file of Ruby. Then you have the patch Rom, and then you can troubleshoot as directed.

Edit: Thanks for the recommendation xXxLugia, I'm really trying to make it informative and helpful!

I've done this.
1:I got the Light Platinum English .ips file.
2: Found the right Ruby rom from 4shared
3: Used Lips to patch the ips onto the ruby file.
4: Then renamed it Light Platinum and popped it in my VBA folder
5: Opened it in my VBA and Boom, white screen. What am I possibly doing wrong?

Last edited:
Years

i didnt notice that link for ur text walkthrough is in every post (ur signature) XD, why didnt i know that before i spent 1 hour trying to find ur old post from 178 page.

snakebyte did u fix contest glitch and is it possible to evolve snorunt into froslass or evee into umbreon?

u can learn how to patch a game using lunar ips on youtube.

Years
  • Seen Aug 18, 2014
You guys know whats wrong?

I've done this.
1:I got the Light Platinum English .ips file.
2: Found the right Ruby rom from 4shared
3: Used Lips to patch the ips onto the ruby file.
4: Then renamed it Light Platinum and popped it in my VBA folder
5: Opened it in my VBA and Boom, white screen. What am I possibly doing wrong?

Open your VBA, click Options->Save Type->Flash 128Kb
Then delete yor Light Platinum .sav file and restart VBA, then load Light Platinum.

Years
  • Seen Nov 11, 2013
Open your VBA, click Options->Save Type->Flash 128Kb
Then delete yor Light Platinum .sav file and restart VBA, then load Light Platinum.

Sadly, I also did that. There must be SOMEthing wrong

What should all my options look like?

Last edited:
Back