• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
Years
You'll find out who it is sometime tomorrow. I still need to take pics.

But someone gets to find out earlier than normal because I need to do an IV Battle to figure out the exact IVs of three very promising ones...wanna help, MM?

Good luck with your secret shiny...however, after you see what mine was, I doubt you'll be impressed with it.

King Kobra

Shiny Giratina pwns you
Years
I don't think my post registered last night, so I'll do a quick recap.

1.) Didn't read pages 485 and 486, sry ppls on there.

2.) Got to Sunyshore in Diamond, procrastinating on battling the Gym Leader (though I'm strong enough).

3.) Caught Dialga with two Flamethrowers and a Quick Ball on my first try. Great nature for it, and it's character cancels out the stat lowering of the nature ^^ (nicknamed it Pathetic after capturing it XP)

4.) Nothing new w/ Charmander.

Night ppls! n.n

Hiss=- (my new thing, I think)

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
Years
After doing a thorough search through my boxes again, I found out that I really DID catch 18, not 17, so yeah...I'm taking the pics as I type this. But late last night, I traded a Togepi off to my brother (which he traded for a hacked shiny Larvitar), so I really do have 17 now.

Here's a picture of all them in one box. None of them are normal (believe, the only way I'd catch a normal one is if I were breeding, which I'm not).

ShinyBox.jpg

And here are pics of my two shiny Zangoose.

Zangoose.jpg

Zangoose2.jpg

Edit: Before I do this, do you guys really need to see the stat pages of each and every Togepi? I'm afraid that this'll take up more memory on my computer than I'd like...

Last edited:

Dragon Tamer Ed

Formerly DarkParukia
Years
O..M..F..G.. HAXXORZ! How in the name of shiny Arceus did you catch 18 shinies in one chain, Fufu?! (Well, I can forget about catching up with you anytime soon). And Jolly shiny Zangoose? Nice. Either really lucky or Synchronised. However I have a story to tell, too...

Well this morning at me Nan's house I went to the Great Marsh to find a Croagunk with Black Sludge to give to my now Lv100 Roserade. I caught 3 in one run, but no sludgie. And after that the lil' devils seemed to keep slipping through my fingertips. However after about 10 minutes I found another Croagunk, and you can guess what kind of Croagunk it was.

Anyway I left the main room to concentrate. I threw my bait while begging her, "stay with me, stay with me," and...Phew. Still there. Then I threw my Safari Ball and...YESH! Me-sa caught it, and I will upload pics ASAP. I named her "Slippy" after the Starfox frog of an unknown gender, and left the Marsh. So now, Safari Zone inc. has repaid its debt to me of 1 Rare shiny. About time, after the whole Dratini incident on LeafGreen which, I will only say, left me cursing non-stop for half an hour.

When I looked up her stat screen I noticed Slippy was also holding Black Sludge. w00t! 2 birds, 1 stone. I could not be happier. So there you go Fufu. You may have got 18 shinies by chaining but I caught a shiny out of sheer luck...in Shiny Hell itself (aka: the Safari Zone), so we're sorta even. My Nan's house is really lucky, as that is also where I found my 2 Bagons.

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
Years
Congrats, Ed, but Slippy is male. He had a fiancee (who was quite empirically a female) in Starfox Command.

I hope I never find a shiny in the Safari Zone, at least for D/P. There aren't many shinies from there that I like (except Croagunk), and I'd much rather breed for one with good IVs. I don't have luck finding random shinies like that anyways, so I never worry about going to the Safari Zone.

Edit: I don't have any Ice type shinies, and that is something I'd like to change. Snorunt is the only one of interest that I can easily hunt (I would go for Articuno, but you guys know the situation with that Pokemon), so yeah, Snorunt is my next target. Once I get it, THEN I'll hunt for Manaphy. I'm going to finish EV training my shinies first, though.

I'm starting to feel as if the PokeRadar is spoiling me, at least on my Diamond version.

Last edited:

shinyGeo

Part heeler, Part Shiny Hunter
Years
  • Seen Aug 5, 2007
GUESS WHAT! GUESS WHAT! GUESS WHAT!

ok 3 days ago my cousin traded me his ampharos to me so that i could use static to find pachirisu a bit easier. after 2 days guess what i found myself? a shiny male pachirisu! i stole my moms camera and got some pics now i just need to steal her USB cord too (her camera takes pretty clear pics)anyways here are its stats:

Shocka the pachirisu
Male (my other one was female which seemed appropriate for a shiny pachirisu)
Caught @ level 7 in valley windworks (currently level 11)
Impish nature
HP 26
Attack 13
Defense 17
Sp. Atck 10
Sp. Def 19
Speed 19
(when caught @ level 7)
Ability- PICKUP!!!!!! (YAY!!!!)

One more closer to getting my old shinies back!

Edit- Fixed typos and writing to say i'll post up pics soon!

Dark Steelix Lv X

Final Atomic Buster
Years
Wow nice job on the 18 shiny togepis Fufu! Lol Crazy chains. Heh MM I know exactly what you mean by the random breaking of chains. I keep trying but alot of the time it just breaks randomly for no good reason (even though I follow the supposed rules). Go to a patch, it has the pokemon I'm chaining, I beat it and then afterwards the radar's stopped for no reason, arghhh. Lol Fufu good luck with snorunt, I plan on going for a female one later :p Right now I'm Sring for Rotom...

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
Years
A slight change of plans has occurred!

Chaining for Snorunt is way too hard for me to try, at least for now. I'm sure I could get used to chaining there, but is late (or very early, I should say), and I'm not ready to have a load of chain broken at unbelieveable low levels. It would frustrate me to no end. So I'll chain for something else. I'm not expecting to get a shiny tonight, I'd just like to get a chain started.

I bought 999 Max Repels, 999 Super Repels, and 201 Repels, and I plan on buying more Repels (as soon as I get more money, I'm currently at about 500,000 PokayMunney). As you can see, I'm pretty prepared. There's just one problem...

I don't know who to hunt for! Any suggestions?

Edit: Just found a shiny patch at a chain of 11.

Unbelieveable.

Of course, I'm going to catch this, and see how much longer I can make this chain go. I really want to get 20 or more of this Pokemon shiny (for IV purposes).

Good luck, everyone. I'll take a pics of this particular shiny because it's so unexpected...

And with that, I will raise my chain up one more, and call it a night...it's 5:48 AM where I live, lol.

Last edited:
Years
Ladies and gentlemen, may I please introduce you to my secret shiny:

Spoiler:

I closed my DS on that 31-chain I had from last night and continued it today. The shiny patch was waay up in the top right corner of the patch where it could easily be missed or mistaken for a regular flash. I did spot it from the recognizable four sparks that I saw on the patch which contained shiny Seviper, so off I went with my Adamant Syncher in hand. The only problem is that a couple weeks ago, I found that Sneasel can only learn Ice Punch from breeding, so I'm stuck without a half-decent Physical Ice STAB move. Why are shinies always doomed to inferiority? :(

After finding him, I tried to get the chain as high as I could and it broke at 36 on a Bibarel. I'm really amazed that it wasn't Psyduck, as Psydick is the most responsible for breaking my chains in the past. I'm just glad that my L72 Seviper and Electivire don't have to slay any more Sneasel. Too bad I can't say the same for Electabuzz, who'll be killing a fair few more Mareep.

I partially recorded a video, so I'll review and edit it, then post it if it's any good. I recorded the rest of my chain so you can plainly SEE that I didn't do anything wrong!

Dragon Tamer Ed

Formerly DarkParukia
Years
So here are the pics of my Croagunk:

croagunk1vy8.jpg

croagunk2nh5.jpg

I checked out her IVs...they suck. I don't really care for Toxicroak that much anyway, so meh.

Congrats to all who got shinies since my last post. So your secret shiny was Sneasel, huh MM? Well, glad you finally got it.

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
Years
Shiny Sneasel, nice! I never would've guessed. Congrats.

Nice pics, Ed.

Well, my chain is progressing slowly. This shiny I'm chaining is a shiny that not many people have, so it's a bit special to me...well, that, and I'm trying to make a shiny team. I already have enough shiny Pokemon of my own to make one, but I would like my shiny team to have a certain amount of synergy. Then again, I have to actually decide on a team first, lol...good luck, everyone!

shinyGeo

Years
  • Seen Aug 5, 2007
Here he is! SHOCKAAAA!

DSCI0195.jpg

DSCI0197.jpg

DSCI0198.jpg

Im not sure if it has a good nature or IV's or EV's or w.e. they are cause im not into that stuff but can someone tell me if its good Justincase?

Years
Okay, I've found my shiny Sneasel's IVs and they are:
HP: 3
Atk: 5
Def: 30
SpAtk: 3
SpDef: 16
Speed: 24

Only just now did I realize that Weavile ought to be Jolly. I'm thinking of a Choice Band set along the lines of:
@CB:
252Atk/240Spd/12HP (12HP for 256HP stat)
-Ice Shard
-Pursuit
-Shadow Claw
-Aerial Ace

AA for Heracross. Should I run Night Slash despite OL for things that stay in? Can other stuff still OHKO Heracross, Breloom, and friends, besides AA? No ice punch because this guy is wild. :(

Oh, and my next shiny hunting plans will probably consist of SRing for Drifloon, Rotom, and Chikorita. I have no idea why but I'm starting to actually like shiny Rotom! :)

shinyGeo

Years
  • Seen Aug 5, 2007
HOLYCRUDYOURNOTGOINGTOBELIEVETHIS

2days after catching pachirisu i was in eterna forest and about the 10th or so battle guess what i encountered?

CotonCandy the Buneary
Female
Caught @ level 10 in eterna forest
Bashful nature
HP 31
Attack 18
Defense 15
Sp. Atck 15
Sp. Def 18
Speed 23
Abilitiy:- Klutz :(
(gonna be harder to evolve)

heelys067.jpg

heelys068.jpg

heelys069.jpg

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
Years
Congrats on two shinies, shinyGeo. To soft reset on the DS Lite, Wooty, you must press L, R, Start, and Select simultaneously.

Well, I finished EV training Togepi...I also evolved it...only two more to go! :( I'll do those later. For now, I'm going to chain something. Good luck, everyone.

shinyGeo

Years
  • Seen Aug 5, 2007
Yeah thanks, guys. Although i dont really like buneary or Lopunny a shiny is a shiny, right?

Back