The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Tools, Tutorials & Resources

Notices

Tools, Tutorials & Resources Various tools to help you develop your hacks can be found here.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

View Poll Results: Do you want Platinum, HG/SS and BW first Map for the first release?
Yes 397 90.85%
No, later 40 9.15%
Voters: 437. You may not vote on this poll

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old January 8th, 2013, 11:57 AM
Link_971
French Rom-Hacker

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Link_971
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skara View Post
I wonder how long it'll take before X and Y map editing becomes possible, I imagine I'll be married with kids by that time XD

Hum nope, i've watched the trailer today, and i can say it works like NB / NB 2.
Excepted the 3DS format specificities to discover and the time for having dumps and emulator, these games are already potentially editable, on multiple points, included Map hacking.

Old January 9th, 2013, 03:53 PM
joshblevins

Quote:
Originally Posted by PokémonShinySilver View Post
It would actually be rather pointless to have something like that when you can already test it out with the emulator itself. Besides, the 3D viewer should be able to view the maps, once it's implemented. So why do we need an emulator built into it? And besides... it would be extremely hard to put a closed source emulator like No$GBA in the tool, even for it's debugging purposes.
Being closed source is not relevant because running an external exe is an operating system process. I would also look into doing functionality like this just like real programming IDE's do. Save the code or changed textres/models in this case and then dump them back into the rom during the save process and have the build or run functionality call the emulator.

P.S. you can always use a decompiler to figure out the code of No$GBA. I'm sure there is a space in memory you can cram the pre-loaded rom into.
Old January 13th, 2013, 09:16 PM
kakashi1548
Unhatched Egg

Nature: Calm
I know there would probably be bugs with this, but one thing that I would love to see is the ability to export maps and models from one game (say Platinum) and import them into another (say Black). This would be tough to do, but this plus the ability to create maps from scratch in theory would allow the creation of a "World Version" that includes all of the current regions.
Old January 13th, 2013, 09:41 PM
Link_971
French Rom-Hacker

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Link_971
Quote:
Originally Posted by kakashi1548 View Post
I know there would probably be bugs with this, but one thing that I would love to see is the ability to export maps and models from one game (say Platinum) and import them into another (say Black). This would be tough to do, but this plus the ability to create maps from scratch in theory would allow the creation of a "World Version" that includes all of the current regions.

This NPRE branch do not support models.
But you can use Spiky's tool if you want.

Old January 14th, 2013, 02:47 AM
Pike15
Smoochum

Link still working on this?? or have you gave it up??

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links