• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen [Spoiler]Pokemon World Tournament Discussion

Do you like Pokemon World Tournament?

• Yes! I love this new feature!

Votes: 170 89.5%
  • No, I don't like this new feature!

Votes: 2 1.1%
  • Maybe, I am not sure I like or don't like this new feature.

Votes: 18 9.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sakura Rain

→Let's laugh at everything!
Years
All Gym leaders are able to be battled in the World Tournament feature. Every last one of them. Even the Hoenn leaders are participating in this thing.

I'm excited to see what other Pokemon the Leaders and Champions have included in this tournament. Alder seems to just have a random selection of Pokemon.

I knew it was going to be all of them, lol. Granted I was a little unsure about the Hoenn Gym Leaders, asdfjkl.

ksdjfslkghewifjd;fk hoenn gym leader spritessss ksfjdkslfjs. I do hope they'll get VS sprites, they're the only ones without them i think

What's with the Wallace hate? he's awesome kthnx. Glad to see both Wallace and Steven are being included. Wonder why Wallace isn't in Gym Leader bracket though - oh wait. Juan's in there too. Ickkk.

slkdfjslkfjsdl singing about my feelings again

Last edited:

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
Pikachu's defenses suck even with the stone...well it's sp. att does too with the light orb xD
I'm hoping Red will mostly use the rest of his team that isn't Pikachu.

Zayphora

Don't mess with the lights...
Years
Ugggh. Looked at those sprites. ROARK LOOKS LIKE A GIRL AGAIN!!!!! GYAAAAH *rage* God, I hate that guy's sprite.

People with the weirdest positions-
c5.png
Wallace. What is he DOING?!?!?
h9.png
Juan. EWWWW I know nothing about Hoenn, and this guy is still ugly.
118.png
Drayden. What is he WEARING? SPIKY OLD MAN SUSPENDERS?!?!?
k8.png
Giovanni. Since when is he so short and chubby?

Sorry for the rage here. Some of these guys just look so WEIRDDDD.

Years
Ugggh. Looked at those sprites. ROARK LOOKS LIKE A GIRL AGAIN!!!!! GYAAAAH *rage* God, I hate that guy's sprite.

People with the weirdest positions-
c5.png
Wallace. What is he DOING?!?!?
h9.png
Juan. EWWWW I know nothing about Hoenn, and this guy is still ugly.
118.png
Drayden. What is he WEARING? SPIKY OLD MAN SUSPENDERS?!?!?
k8.png
Giovanni. Since when is he so short and chubby?

Sorry for the rage here. Some of these guys just look so WEIRDDDD.
Uh those are the sprites they've used in previous games (revised sprites in the case of Wallace and Juan).
Ps: Wallace is bowing.

Anyways I'm looking forward to seeing what team Giovanni has. Hope he has Rhyperior, Nidoking, and Nidoqueen.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years

A reference to the anime would be nice ^_^.

Perhaps he could also have a mewtwo...Bajiro has a lati so why not.

I doubt that Giovanni will have Mewtwo, even though that would be a really good anime reference, because I have a feeling that certain legendaries won't be allowed to be in the World Tournament, like how they weren't allowed in past games.

I could see Giovanni have one or both fully evolved Nidos when you'll battle him

Years
I doubt that Giovanni will have Mewtwo, even though that would be a really good anime reference, because I have a feeling that certain legendaries won't be allowed to be in the World Tournament, like how they weren't allowed in past games.

I could see Giovanni have one or both fully evolved Nidos when you'll battle him
Yeah I doubt it myself too tbh (wishful thinking on my part really).

Come to think about it wouldn't it have been cool had they had all the former frontier brains in the tournament? It would be nice to see Caitlain and her butler together again ^_^

moonlightning

Bird Of Thunder
Years
  • Seen Jul 27, 2019
Red's team: Snorlax, Lapras and Charizard. That little electric rat is out of here! :D

Last edited by a moderator:

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
Years
I was actually so excited when I saw the Hoenn gym leaders' new sprites, lol. They look so cool and now I'm excited for this World Tournament.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
Red's team: Snorlax, Lapras and Charizard. That little electric rat is out of here! :D

Remember, it has been shown and confirmed that Alder alternates Pokemon, I wouldn't put it past Red to be doing the same, as well.
I'm really curious as to what the Hoenn Leaders will have. I'm still so excited that they're back and included into the games!

Last edited:

Zayphora

Don't mess with the lights...
Years

Uh those are the sprites they've used in previous games (revised sprites in the case of Wallace and Juan).
Ps: Wallace is bowing.

Anyways I'm looking forward to seeing what team Giovanni has. Hope he has Rhyperior, Nidoking, and Nidoqueen.

Derp, sorry. He looks like he was proposing to someone lol.

Hooray, no pikachu! THAT THING WAS A MONSTER!!!!

Twilight-kun

Pokémon World Champion
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 27, 2023
Aye, if they have rotating teams every time you battle, it would help with replayability

I, for one, would like to see Red use all three Starters

Years
^ Me too it would be cool to battle all of Kanto's starters. He proably will have members from his GSC and HgSs teams too (I beleive one of his GSC pokemon was replaced for the remakes).
Perhaps he'll have the Johto starters too.

Twilight-kun

Pokémon World Champion
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 27, 2023
^ Me too it would be cool to battle all of Kanto's starters. He proably will have members from his GSC and HgSs teams too (I beleive one of his GSC pokemon was replaced for the remakes).
Perhaps he'll have the Johto starters too.

probably not

I'd love to see all the previous games' player characters in the world tournament

Also, would be nice if you could battle the male, female and rival in a triple battle, and they each use one starter from their region

Hoenn would be Brendan, May and Wally, etc

Years
I would love it if we could. Perhaps if they ever bring it back in future games they could add them in.

Wonder what type of Pokemon Juan will have. Proably Walrein, Kingdra, and Politoad (Pokemon all foune within his Emerald rematch team).

bwburke94

Forever Aspertia's Aspie
Years
As long as Politoed doesn't have Drizzle, that's a beatable team. With Drizzletoed, Juan would be too hard. Well, there's only one way to find out what his team is...

Haseyo

쏘쿨
Years
I'm heading to the E4 now, and I'll immediately go to the PWT to see what everyone has. This game is pretty legnthy. Are there any requirements to have certain people in the Tournament or just beat the E4?

Kanto_Johto

Never glimpse the truth
Years
I'm heading to the E4 now, and I'll immediately go to the PWT to see what everyone has. This game is pretty legnthy. Are there any requirements to have certain people in the Tournament or just beat the E4?
Defeating the Elite Four only unlocks the Unova Leaders. Defeating the Unova Leaders then unlocks all the other Gym leaders. Defeating all the others unlocks the World Leaders. To unlock the Champions (Red, Blue, Lance, Steven, Wallace, Cynthia and Alder) you need to beat the World Leaders 10 times. So it could take a while. I think that's why the info on teams is coming through so slowly.

(Source: Serebii)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back