• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Screenshot/Music Showcase

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iarama

RMXP User
Years
I dont know what the problem is my albums are punblic must be you... I just got overlapping tree tiles from soul silver so the tree borders will look better in the actual game.

pkmn.master

Hobbyist Game Developer
Years
  • Age 28
  • USA
  • Seen Jun 7, 2022
Decided to do a complete redo of my dual screen system.
It's basically just the HG/SS menu
Please ignore the map lol, i haven't had time to map properly yet, i switched my autotiles about and didn't replace them :P

twilightmenu.png

I like the design. It must feel great being the first to actually post a dual screen system. After all, finding one of those things is like trying to get a shiny Kangaskhan in the wild on Pokémon Red...
You sure can expect me to support it.

Iarama

RMXP User
Years
Ya and Pokemon Mithril 'have a working dual screen system' but I'm not believing it until I see a demo with it.

carmaniac

Where the pickle surprise at?
Years
capture001s.png

Here's a small preview of how my game is going to look(the character sprite is a place holder)

Credits to Alistair for the tiles.

KingCharizard

C++ Developer Extraordinaire
Years
I have two things I wanna show off. First screens from my game
Pokemon Crystal Sun ~ Thread Coming Soon!
No its not a crystal remake, it has nothing to do with crystal.
screensfq.png

Now with that done, my second screen is to get your opinion on how the trainer sprite looks, well here is a screenshot tell me if it needs to be improved or is it fine like it is.
capture001r.png

Just focus on the Gentleman.​

Mrchewy

nom nom nom
Years
I have two things I wanna show off. First screens from my game
Pokemon Crystal Sun ~ Thread Coming Soon!
No its not a crystal remake, it has nothing to do with crystal.
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

You're mixing and matching graphics from multiple generations, and to be honest it looks quite bad. You really need to stick to a certain style (R/S/E, FR/LG or D/P) rather than throwing in elements from all of them. Also, level 8 wild Vileplumes and Beautiflies seems very strange (especially given that their stats would be really skewed at that level).

KingCharizard

Years
You're mixing and matching graphics from multiple generations, and to be honest it looks quite bad. You really need to stick to a certain style (R/S/E, FR/LG or D/P) rather than throwing in elements from all of them. Also, level 8 wild Vileplumes and Beautiflies seems very strange (especially given that their stats would be really skewed at that level).

indoors are 3rd gen outdoors are 4th... maybe if you'd single out what pics your talking about i could explain better... and the above battle pics are samples not real battles just to show off the battle bg, and battle bases...

the battle screen with the gentle man was a test battle ran from the debug menu in RMXP not an actual battle scene

I wanna know does the trainer sprite(Gentleman) look a little off to anyone...

Mrchewy

nom nom nom
Years
indoors are 3rd gen outdoors are 4th... maybe if you'd single out what pics your talking about i could explain better... and the above battle pics are samples not real battles just to show off the battle bg, and battle bases...

That's exactly the point I'm making. Multiple generations of graphics just don't mix together. It looks a little odd.

I wanna know does the trainer sprite(Gentleman) look a little off to anyone...

He's quite off-center, and given that you're using a DS sprite within a GBA-sized screen, he's too big.

KingCharizard

Years
That's exactly the point I'm making. Multiple generations of graphics just don't mix together. It looks a little odd.

I actually think it looks different but I doubt i'd call it odd... I feel since the indoors/outdoors dont actually show in the same area of intrest it doesn't conflict.

He's quite off-center, and given that you're using a DS sprite within a GBA-sized screen, he's too big.

Yeah i noticed. I am concidering using a ds sized screen but i dont know how it will look. I might actually try that later, I dunno i'll figure it out. I knew he didnt look right to me.

KingCharizard

Years
New screenshot of gentleman.
I'm trying new things. I want my game to look different. FR/LG Trainer sprite with D/P battle scenes...
capture000t.png

so how does it look? Also DS size screen doesn't work for me.​

Years
@KingCharizard Looking good ;D

Just a WIP region map for my fan game that is being...slowly developed. Tell me what you think, its in the HGSS style. Oh and where the large city is, its on a peninsula over looking the ??? Ocean (name yet to be decided) and its a major port city, much like Slateport City in RSE. I still don't have any names for places yet =(
pokemondawnregionmapwip.png

KingCharizard

Years
@KingCharizard Looking good ;D

Just a WIP region map for my fan game that is being...slowly developed. Tell me what you think, its in the HGSS style. Oh and where the large city is, its on a peninsula over looking the ??? Ocean (name yet to be decided) and its a major port city, much like Slateport City in RSE. I still don't have any names for places yet =(
pokemondawnregionmapwip.png

Its a good start, of course its hard to rate an unfinished graphic but so far it looks good to me. About your naming, dont really worry about it I honestly create most of my ideas as I go, I seem to work better that way of course some things cant be created on the fly most things can.

Years
Yeah, well it seems that making your region map make makes things a lot easier as it gives you a fair idea of the placement of entrances and exits to routes in your towns and cities. Then you just have to make your maps, and make them well xD

Peeky Chew

Master of Palettes
Years
PokemonBeryl.png

This isn't a screenshot but I didn't want to create a thread here or in the art section for it. Comments?

@King Charizard (since I didn't think enough people replied): I think the front sprite matches but the back one looks out of place.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back