• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Released] Pokémon Nightmare

Status
Not open for further replies.

G-Trainer

Count Awesomeness!
Years
Unfortunately, there isn't any way at the moment. Sorry. :/

Not meaning to be rude here but is there any chance the next update will include an option to speed up the game? I know this sounds incredibly selfish but I'm confident there are others that would very much like a speed up feature for Pokémon Nightmare; playing it at regular speed is quite frankily unbearable for me, and probably a few others.

Here's hoping there will be a change, if not, your game rocks anyway. It's just not for me.

Rai Rai

Master of everything!
Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2012
Not meaning to be rude here but is there any chance the next update will include an option to speed up the game? I know this sounds incredibly selfish but I'm confident there are others that would very much like a speed up feature for Pokémon Nightmare; playing it at regular speed is quite frankily unbearable for me, and probably a few others.

Here's hoping there will be a change, if not, your game rocks anyway. It's just not for me.

This is to not be taken in a rude way, being honest with you, why bother play the game if you want a speed up button, or even play any of the other games you posted the same question on. It kind of defeats the objective of actually playing the game properly and not just skipping all the boring bits out, that's how a game works, life even.

D. Lawride

Audi Famam Illius, Scriptor!
Years
Hello and now to say your game looks great. One question though do any of the starters evolve into dual types? I kinda wanna know before I make my selection and if it has already been said and I missed it im really sorry

Well, actually, the starters can evolve into a dual type or into a pure Dark, Fight or Psychic type. This isn't implemented yet, as you can't obtain the items necessary to trigger the evolution to a pure type, but it will be soon. So yes, they can evolve into dual types.

I've been trying this game, and I must say I'm quite impressed about how its turning out.
I like the fact day and night are implemented and the night environs look especially charming with the street lamps and such, the shadow effects were rather novel, but maybe they should be applied only when a character is directly under, or close to a light source (the four projected shadows I mean).

That said, its mostly nitpicking on my part, and things seem to be coming along fine.

First and foremost, I would like to thank you, like I have thanked others in previous posts, for the elaborate comment. There are some visual glitches to the shadows, but I'll try to get some of those revised at least for the next releases.

I like the look of the protagonists and I especially like the fakemon concepts (I like projects that blend creative fakemon with the official ones); I have a few questions about the starters:

- Are they finalized or will the concepts still undergo changes?

The concepts themselves are unlikely to undergo any kind of changes, unless they are very, very slight ones.

- On the dark starter's final form, what is that pinkish thing along its spine?
is it brain tissue? if so, it really fits the bill of a "dark" type more than any other the official games ever came up with haha.

I'm, hum, not exactly sure, you'd have to ask the creator himself (Midnitez xD

I have not ran into any problems (playing 1.5.1) but some of the text sometimes spills a little, I think its due to the font, but its not a big hassle in all.
With the exception of a the lack of a button to fast forward things a bit and a few typos here and there, I think what you guys created here is a complete package and I sincerely hope it gets done.
I think the game is great

Well, the DP font seems to be very glitchy, as I've seen from gameplay videos a user on Youtube created, all of which I'll be linking here very soon. Other fonts seemed fine, but otherwise, we might get some other ones.

Thank you very much, once again. ^^

This is to not be taken in a rude way, being honest with you, why bother play the game if you want a speed up button, or even play any of the other games you posted the same question on. It kind of defeats the objective of actually playing the game properly and not just skipping all the boring bits out, that's how a game works, life even.

I'll just reply to both xD

The problem with this comes from Visualboy Advance and other emulators that have said speeding button. There isn't a way that I know of to speed it up in such a way, but I'll take that option into account if I ever do figure out a way so I can include it as an option for players who want it to use. Kind of like the Dodrio Tower from Pokémon Stadium.

Blazing Flare

Burning brightly
Years
  • Seen Jul 5, 2012
What is the best way to reach the authors to bring up any issues I find?
Would this thread be ok or is PM preferred to avoid cluttering?

G-Trainer

Count Awesomeness!
Years

I don't want to use a speed up feature to 'skip the boring parts' - I want to speed up the gameplay so I can enjoy the game more because I can't stand playing any Nintendo handheld game at regular pace because it's simply too slow for me.

I'll just reply to both xD

The problem with this comes from Visualboy Advance and other emulators that have said speeding button. There isn't a way that I know of to speed it up in such a way, but I'll take that option into account if I ever do figure out a way so I can include it as an option for players who want it to use. Kind of like the Dodrio Tower from Pokémon Stadium.

Thanks for the reply.

If you do ever find a way, that would be awesome for players like me who get impatient with slow gameplay.

D. Lawride

Years
I don't want to use a speed up feature to 'skip the boring parts' - I want to speed up the gameplay so I can enjoy the game more because I can't stand playing any Nintendo handheld game at regular pace because it's simply too slow for me.

Thanks for the reply.

If you do ever find a way, that would be awesome for players like me who get impatient with slow gameplay.

Yup, will do.

POKéMON NIGHTMARE - LET'S PLAY
Let's Play Playlist

Big announcement requires big words, yes? :3

Okay, so the link above takes you to a list on Youtube where you can find a list of Let's Plays of Pokémon Nightmare. Do give the author, Sovest555, some love. :3

Here's a list of the current LP of the game:

Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5
Part 6
Part 7
Part 8
Part 9

Enjoy the videos! And do follow me there if you want to be up-to-date on Nightmare and LoE content! ^^

Last edited:

SoaringSomeone

Residential Sprite Slave
Years
  • Seen Jan 23, 2014
I've searched through this thread, and didn't seem to see anyone else with the same problem, but I can't hear like any sound. No BGM, no pings as you scroll through text, no attacks or cries or anything. I checked in the extracted folders, and all the files were there, but the game itself was just not playing them.

ChaosLord

Game Dev Wanderer
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Dec 1, 2013
I've searched through this thread, and didn't seem to see anyone else with the same problem, but I can't hear like any sound. No BGM, no pings as you scroll through text, no attacks or cries or anything. I checked in the extracted folders, and all the files were there, but the game itself was just not playing them.
I know how to fix that problem.It happened to me after downloading the game for the first time yesterday.TO fix it,all I did was download the graphics http://www.mediafire.com/?uxb8m0hbyxb9a14 and placed it into the IF folder.

D. Lawride

Years

I know how to fix that problem.It happened to me after downloading the game for the first time yesterday.TO fix it,all I did was download the graphics http://www.mediafire.com/?uxb8m0hbyxb9a14 and placed it into the IF folder.

Despite somewhat unlikely, I've seen (and used myself) moving the RPGXP folder out of its main folder fixing that problem.

ALSO, check Part 9 of the Let's Play: Part 9 on Youtube.

D. Lawride

Years
Okay, so this time there are four news:

-» First of all, I'm working on a V.1.5.2 patch for Pokémon Nightmare. This new patch has a plethora of bugs corrected (none of them impeding from progressing in the demo), as well as, quite possibly, the Colosseum in the Middlin Forest working. For more information regarding that Colosseum, check below. It will also include a new Gym, in Caitla Port, for everyone to challenge.

We are considering opening a sort of casting operation to collect people to voice some dialogues in the game. It's still not definitive, but you can keep your hopes up.

-» This is a gameplay video of the Little Cup, Plain Colosseum, in the Middlin Forest. More information regarding Colosseums in a future video with a full tournament to the second round.

-» Part 10 of the Let's Play has been released, featuring the subregion Luminos:

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
Years
Okay, so this time there are four news:

-» First of all, I'm working on a V.1.5.2 patch for Pokémon Nightmare. This new patch has a plethora of bugs corrected (none of them impeding from progressing in the demo), as well as, quite possibly, the Colosseum in the Middlin Forest working. For more information regarding that Colosseum, check below. It will also include a new Gym, in Caitla Port, for everyone to challenge.

We are considering opening a sort of casting operation to collect people to voice some dialogues in the game. It's still not definitive, but you can keep your hopes up.

-» This is a gameplay video of the Little Cup, Plain Colosseum, in the Middlin Forest. More information regarding Colosseums in a future video with a full tournament to the second round.

Voice casting, for a Pokemon game? Rather original. Although, it seems weird to have Red talk, with an actual voice over or not :S
...And, I thought that sounded like the Portal elevator, but then I was like "Naw, must be hearing things." Then I saw the Portal door. Lol, wat?
I will continue to look forward to this game ;3

Gamefreak089

Thunder Master GameFreak
Years
Hey, when ever I put the game in full screen 640x480 part of the screen is cut off, and when I looked at my pokemon's avatar it was an egg is this normal?

Update-
Hey, I keep getting this "Script is hanging" error. Is there any way to fix this? Because, it keeps restarting the game and shutting it off.

Last edited:

D. Lawride

Years

Voice casting, for a Pokemon game? Rather original. Although, it seems weird to have Red talk, with an actual voice over or not :S
...And, I thought that sounded like the Portal elevator, but then I was like "Naw, must be hearing things." Then I saw the Portal door. Lol, wat?
I will continue to look forward to this game ;3

Ahahah, I love the unexpected factor :3

Well, Red from the Manga does talk, and that Red is him, so xD

Thanks a lot, though :3

Hey, when ever I put the game in full screen 640x480 part of the screen is cut off, and when I looked at my pokemon's avatar it was an egg is this normal?

Update-
Hey, I keep getting this "Script is hanging" error. Is there any way to fix this? Because, it keeps restarting the game and shutting it off.

The fullscreen is something that doesn't work completely well yet, unfortunately. As for the egg, it's due to the lack of a proper sprite for the Fakemon; we're working on that.

That error was corrected in the patch V1.5.1, and in the V1.5.2 in this post as well, so you should download this one.

VERSION 1.5.2 RELEASE (15/10/2011)

Mediafire Download Link

For any doubts you may have, consult the Read Me .txt file.

As for extras from the previous patch, we have:

A new Gym in Caitla Port;
A Colosseum in the Middlin Forest.

Along with the release are several new Let's Play videos:

Part 9
Part 10
Part 11
Part 12
Part 13
Part 14

Check the full list on the main post or our Youtube Let's Play Playlist.

Years
  • Seen Mar 26, 2024
I don't know if anyone else had this issue or not, but when I installed the new patch I lost the sound.

Years
  • Seen Dec 13, 2013
This does look like a good game, but when i go to download the 1.5 version, it states that this file has been deleted or removed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back