• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Roleplay Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

SV

See You Space Cowboy
Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2022
New topic 'cause I'm lost at what we're talking about.

Who's your favorite brawler in Super Smash Bros. Brawl?

Err, let's focus on discussing RPs, not video games, Shiny Diamond. There are other sections on PC for that...

Because nobody seems to have a distinct topic, does anyone have any RPs they are currently working on and/or developing. Just wondering what else people have planned. I myself am still working on the Medieval RP with a fellow GM.

ShinyDiamond

[b]The Other Promise[/b]
Years
Err, let's focus on discussing RPs, not video games, Shiny Diamond. There are other sections on PC for that...

Because nobody seems to have a distinct topic, does anyone have any RPs they are currently working on and/or developing. Just wondering what else people have planned. I myself am still working on the Medieval RP with a fellow GM.

-.- ...I don't even wanna say anything about that... Thanks a lot Supervegeta.

Nakuzami, are you my friend? :3 Are there any RPs you're working on?

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
Years
Well I've got a thought. I haven't seen any Pokemon Special Adventures roleplays around--like ever actually. You would think considering the popularity of the incarnation it would get a biiit more attention than dead zero? I'm not sure what to make of the incarnation, other than the fact that perhaps Pokemon Special Adventures is known for it's beautiful characters and story, as well as maturity, and thus making an RP based on it that doesn't just look like a mature pokemon RP is hard.

But one could potentially leave the canons in or even have them playable (Though, the D/P/P and B/W canons would be difficult because their arcs are not finished), and if you really wanted to capture the feel you could have it take place /in/ the main story. Like one of those what if scenarios--what if your character had been there, or something like that. You can't be unoriginal if nobody else has tried it yet, eh?

...But what do I know? I'm actually surprisingly new here. Has this actually happened and I just didn't notice? o-o

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Well I've got a thought. I haven't seen any Pokemon Special Adventures roleplays around--like ever actually. You would think considering the popularity of the incarnation it would get a biiit more attention than dead zero? I'm not sure what to make of the incarnation, other than the fact that perhaps Pokemon Special Adventures is known for it's beautiful characters and story, as well as maturity, and thus making an RP based on it that doesn't just look like a mature pokemon RP is hard.

But one could potentially leave the canons in or even have them playable (Though, the D/P/P and B/W canons would be difficult because their arcs are not finished), and if you really wanted to capture the feel you could have it take place /in/ the main story. Like one of those what if scenarios--what if your character had been there, or something like that. You can't be unoriginal if nobody else has tried it yet, eh?

...But what do I know? I'm actually surprisingly new here. Has this actually happened and I just didn't notice? o-o
There was a pokémon special RP way back, started by Konokodemon I think. But it didn't start because I think she disappeared. It could probably be done, but maybe it would actually be best to have the players sign up as the main characters and do a semi-new story compared to throwing original characters into the canon story. Would sort of ruin the surprise. How to evaluate if a member is good enough or not to play a certain character could be done by asking for a rather long and qualitative RP sample describing some situation that the GM has thought up that would reflect the player's ability to play the character well. (phew that was a long sentence)

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
Years
I see... And yeah, you have a point about letting people play the main characters instead of originals. I'd know a thing or two about that. You could ask Bassiroth exactly how tolerant I was for crack when the character in question was canon.

I'd just wonder if people would be open minded enough to try that. It seems to me that almost nobody on the board plays canons, and I don't see many RPs that really accommodate them.

But of course I wouldn't dare attempt to push a 3rd RP. My muse can't handle firepower of that magnitude. At least not without me dropping virtually all of the RPs I'm in that I don't GM, making me an unhappy mun. I could totally offer to attempt to be a helper GM though.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
I see... And yeah, you have a point about letting people play the main characters instead of originals. I'd know a thing or two about that. You could ask Bassiroth exactly how tolerant I was for crack when the character in question was canon.

I'd just wonder if people would be open minded enough to try that. It seems to me that almost nobody on the board plays canons, and I don't see many RPs that really accommodate them.

But of course I wouldn't dare attempt to push a 3rd RP. My muse can't handle firepower of that magnitude. At least not without me dropping virtually all of the RPs I'm in that I don't GM, making me an unhappy mun. I could totally offer to attempt to be a helper GM though.

Let's see what we can do about that ;)..... in the summer holidays or something.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
I would be highly intrested in a Hunger Games RP, but yes, I would prefer if it had a twist. What about the tirbutes who died? Are they elimated fro m the RP. I was going to begin a Hunger Games RP myself, but I couldn't find any great, interesting solutions to such problems.

Karma Police

Arrest this man
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024
lol, I want to start a RP but I lack the determination to get one done ;A;

I've seriously been thinking about rebooting the Percy Jackson RP Aura Rift and I made a few months back. I'll probably be making it alone this time. The plot would be the same, with a few tweaks (like no hellhounds this time around >.>).

But I still have to know if people are still interested. d:

TiTaN.JuStIn

Fighting the army of Stress...
Years

Uhhhh,,,,,,,, no. Not at all. My ideas are generally rejected or ignored, so I'm not working on RPs right now. And last time I was thinking about Capture the Flag or Post-apocalyptic style RPs, which I'm not sure are going to work.

@-DeepImpact- HELL YESSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MAKE IT ALREADY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! XD

I'm being too hyper.

@Curious I'm not sure if Hunger Games are going to work. I do like the idea, especially eliminating, but the system itself is hard to manage. Characters who died aren't gonna come back to life UNLESS some kind of high technology was developed which can't be made considering the current government. What's the point of continuing on participating in the RP if you got eliminated? Being a spectator? That's BORING. Also, if the post-apocalyptic situation was fixed, then I'm pretty sure sending kids to fight for their death wouldn't exist in a democratic world. *philosophy and human rights lecture declined!!!*

I apologize if offense was taken. I'm just being a rude CRITIC as always. So bear with me. :)

Last edited:

MichaelaTheUchiha

Forever Shawol and Aileean
Years
@Michaela & First Snow: Sometimes I question who the bigger tomboy between Yellow and Sapphire is and then I consider that Sapphire didn't basically spend the entirety of the generation 1 arcs succesfully pretending to be an actual boy.

@Michaela: That's because Granted Shipping is the new hip, am I right?! *MURDERED*

And half of GSC. Red, Blue, and Green's face were absolutely hilarious...

(shoots you) No. Just, no.

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
Years
Nakuzami, are you my friend? :3 Are there any RPs you're working on?

♥ Soul Eater RP
♥ Kingdom Hearts RP
♥ Square Enix RP
♥ Generic Fantasy RP
♥ The Elder Scrolls-esque RP

Those are a /few/ of the ideas I have pondered rather recently . . . I'm currently brainstorming for the first and last ones on that list.

@Yagerbomb - . . . Um . . . oh, wow . . . that was actually a complete joke because attempting that would be pretty idiotic and . . . ooooh-kay then.

@Curious. - Hunger Games RP . . . well . . . we've already been over this, but if you did some weird supernatural thing -- kids with superpowers . . . I had some thought on this. Maybe some odd thing was set in place after an uprising by this individuals with superpowers that limited their power. And then they made the Hunger Games -- under a different name, of course. These kids have to fight to the death with their powers and whatever they can find in the arena. The dead ones . . . well, hey, they already have superpowers, I'm sure you could think of something ;3 Perhaps some weird experiment by the government to harvest souls and muster their powers? You could then create this "other world" for the dead tributes to adventure in -- or their spirits, at least, and they end up unveiling the plot. Then they work from the other side to assist the still living tributes, two battles fought for one goal, if you will, and then maybe they could eventually return to the realm of the living and overthrow their little totalitarian government?

Karma Police

Arrest this man
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024

♥ Soul Eater RP
♥ Kingdom Hearts RP
♥ Square Enix RP
♥ Generic Fantasy RP
♥ The Elder Scrolls-esque RP

Those are a /few/ of the ideas I have pondered rather recently . . . I'm currently brainstorming for the first and last ones on that list.

We all know you're just attracting attention and none of that is ever going to get released. d:

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024

We all know you're just attracting attention and none of that is ever going to get released. d:
Well I've heard him talk about all of those quite recently, maybe he can be the idea fountain and you can be the organizer and you two can manage a RP together?

As for Yagerbomb's idea, with a James Bond themed RP you mean making the players secret agents? That sounds fully doable.

Karma Police

Arrest this man
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024

Well I've heard him talk about all of those quite recently, maybe he can be the idea fountain and you can be the organizer and you two can manage a RP together?

As for Yagerbomb's idea, with a James Bond themed RP you mean making the players secret agents? That sounds fully doable.

Haha, idk, the only I know about in that is the Square Enix RP xD;

And for the Elder Scrolls one, I'm pretty sure it's going to be a lot more popular than a medieval RP that's being made from scratch. A video game series definitely has a lot more fans than creative new ideas today, duh! /shot

Ice.

Ice.
Years
A Idea for an RP (feel free to give input):

The basis of this RP is that you control a Nation in modern times, instead of just a character. Being in charge of this Nation, you make the diplomatic, social, military, cultural and economic decisions of your Nation. You can interact with other Nations as well. How RPing in this RP would work is that you would play as the more important people, such as politicians, economic heavyweights and military personnel. There would be no Pokemon in this RP, unless everyone wants them in it. There would be systems in place to have different sizes of countries as well. So, who's interested?

Yagerbomb

←Apple Jack
Years

The basis of this RP is that you control a Nation in modern times, instead of just a character. Being in charge of this Nation, you make the diplomatic, social, military, cultural and economic decisions of your Nation. You can interact with other Nations as well. How RPing in this RP would work is that you would play as the more important people, such as politicians, economic heavyweights and military personnel. There would be no Pokemon in this RP, unless everyone wants them in it. There would be systems in place to have different sizes of countries as well. So, who's interested?

Sounds interesting. Consider me in if you make it.

Karma Police

Arrest this man
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024

I like the idea, but I kind of feel that having so many nations can make the RP a bit messy. Unless it's handled very well, I don't think having lots of Nations will really work. No offense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back