• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Uranium

What you think about the project?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 30
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 10, 2020
About the tiles: I'm doing them in my own style: they're yellower and a bit more lush than the defaults, and you'll see that I'm going for a slightly more natural look in my next (upcoming) tileset update. This is to fit the region, which is, as has already been stated, subtropical: it's a little bit lighter and sunnier than the official regions.

As for the sprites, I don't disagree with you that some of them need work, but you all seem to be overestimating the capacity to which we can imitate official-style. Don't hate on us; we're trying our best here. D:

<~F.M.P~>

I got you whistling Blue Box!
Years
Concerning the tiles: I must say that your tiles zephyrplusle, are a step up from the old ones and I say that in a most sincere way. I like the look of your tiles(tall grass aside, It needs a bit of work.)So I'm anxious to see what you have for us.

Fakemon: Unique ideas. Thats all I need to say. No ones ever thought of a fish with brain coral before. It looks nice, so For that I give you a slow dramatic clap. Although I do also think that maybe the brain coral should be a little longer? But thats just my opinion. ^^

Keep up your good work you guys. I'm looking forward to this all.

~JV~

Dev of Pokémon Uranium
Years
Sry guys, I didnt have time to make a decent update for christmas, I was really busy, but today I will make an small but important update!

~micro UPDATE~ 12/26/08​

Well the main purpose of this update is to show the new revamped dialogues/speeches on the game, thanks for ZephyrPlusle ^^. They now have good quality:

33uvn2v.png

(Note: Most of the speeches from everything thats already done from the game was redone ;p)

h POKE

angry kid and a keyboard
Years
  • CT
  • Seen Jan 17, 2016
I like the new dialogue better than the old. A lot of it makes more grammatical sense, but some of what I've seen isn't very colloquial. When speaking in a normal conversation, would you say, "They can save you when otherwise you would otherwise be done for." or, "They'd save you in a bad streak."?

Also, the very last screenshot sticks out most to me. Any person, especially a child, would not use "fares" in a normal English sentence. I'm not going to give you suggestions for every dialogue, so I'll end right here. But you should try speaking to your friends and put cues you get from talking to them into your regular character dialogues.

~JV~

Dev of Pokémon Uranium
Years
Hey guys thanks for the comments and all, Im just posting to tell you that in the new year eve I will post a really cool update (serious ^^) and also that I have done a lot of progress these days, there is now a rival in the game as well ^^.

Years
  • Seen Jun 30, 2014
there is now a rival in the game as well ^^.
Does this rival actually enhance the flavour of the game, or is s/he completely forced? Forced rivals are red flags...yanno, the stalker/best friend/whatever...

h POKE

angry kid and a keyboard
Years
  • CT
  • Seen Jan 17, 2016
Is this rival... interesting? Would s/he have a backstory in the style of Acantithe? Would it be difficult to fight said rival? I think the last thing a pokemon game needs is another pushover rival like in Emerald.

~JV~

Dev of Pokémon Uranium
Years

~~NEW YEAR UPDATE~​

Well, we are coming to the end of 2008. One special thing for me on this year was for sure the creation of this project, Pokemon Uranium. A lot of things had changed since I created the game thread on Plot and Story forums on the mid of October, a lot has been improved as you all have seen.

Your support has been essential for this improvement, but probably what really helped me was my team, I would have already gave up without them ;p. I am sure that on 2009 things will get even better and more progress will be done, I'm making this update to we start the new year with good news. Also, there is a new person on the team as well! Everyone welcom Infernal Contraption, he will help with overworlds and also with fakemon descriptions, move suggestions etc!

UPDATE CONTENTS:

-Screenshots
-New Pokémon
-New Graphics

~Screenshots

As some of you have noticed, my mapping got better with time, I think its time to show you some new screens (Also if you haven't noticed yet, this post background is made from totally unrevealed maps!)

15gs9k2.png

(I know, there isnt anything new on this map, but I wanted to show some of the new dialogues of the game.)

9bk86r.png

(That one is from an alternate path on Route 01)

2wejj3b.png

(A random part from the already known Route 03)

16hkc1t.png

sfgoqs.png

nvns7k.png

30d8g7a.png

(Those are some parts of the long and beautiful Route 04...)

2uh0b2c.png

(Im showing this map to you see the new effect I get using two different tiles of water, I couldn't show it properly on the screenshots.)

~New Pokemon

Yes, I have some of those to show you! Our fakemon count is increasing quickly, PU spriters are working hard on them! Here are some of them:

FELENG [NORMAL]

023.png

This is a POKéMON that you do not want to mess with. Although FELENG is a very small and weak POKéMON, it can manipulate other POKéMON just by looking at them.

FELUNGE [NORMAL]

024.png

FELUNGE is well known for looking innocent, but it is an extremely intimidating POKéMON. FELUNGE has an incredibly high jump, or lunge. It able to exceed over 10 feet with a single jump. When FELUNGE senses danger, its lunge is very powerful, and deadly.

FELIGER [NORMAL]

025.png

Although FELIGER is a 4-legged POKéMON, it is known for standing on its hind legs to scare away the enemy. Some say that other POKéMON are scared of FELIGER because it looks like a DRAGON-type POKéMON when it is on its hind legs. FELIGER is an extremely vicious POKéMON, but may be tamed into a loyal POKéMON.

BAASHAUN [DARK]

2wfnx1w.png

Those pokemon are often found in groups of 20 or more and also are known for using its horns to hit its enemies.

BAASCHAF [DARK/FIGHT]

4g585g.png

When BAASHAUN start standing in 2 feet, he evolves into BAASCHAF who is able to use his fists to fight.

~New Graphics

Those days I started messing around with the scripts and I managed to edit the the place of things on the battle boxes, I also managed to use pics instead of textbox. Here are some screens:

157og9g.png

(As you see the exp bar is now at the same size as the HP one, also moved everything else from the original place)

6h10y8.png

(That new color theme is looking a lot better than what the old one was looking like, also, you can see the Move menu there.)

ih5mc9.png

(Thats the new look of the Pokemon Screen, I had to change some things position to it fits the new background)

29m0hw2.png

(Thats the new Pokedex, it isn't looking perfect at the moment, I still need to edit it a little bit.)

Thats all I planned to show you on this update, I hope you liked it. HAPPY NEW YEAR and good luck to everyone =p!​

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Sep 27, 2021
That is a really nice update you have there. Its starting to look real good. I really Envy your fakemon lol

<~F.M.P~>

I got you whistling Blue Box!
Years
That is really nice. I love the sheep pokemon...I never thought of making a dark type one, but this update is really nice. ;)

h POKE

angry kid and a keyboard
Years
  • CT
  • Seen Jan 17, 2016
The new battle system's status boxes are hard to read. I had to move up close to the screen to see everything in detail, and on a GBA screen, that can be deadly (not that this will ever be on a GBA, but you should still be thinking). Also, the "already caught" symbol is one pixel to close to the gender symbol's field (not that it should be on the ally side in the first place).
My comments should by no means suggest that I want you to throw the baby out with the bathwater, because it looks (nearly) flawless, just that the color could use being a shade or two darker.

~JV~

Dev of Pokémon Uranium
Years
That is a really nice update you have there. Its starting to look real good. I really Envy your fakemon lol

That is really nice. I love the sheep pokemon...I never thought of making a dark type one, but this update is really nice. ;)

H. o. l. y. H.e.l.l.

Amazing update! All the new graphics, the better maps, its all so great! Good job JV! Man, great New Years Update! 8D.

Im glad that you all liked =D.

The new battle system's status boxes are hard to read. I had to move up close to the screen to see everything in detail, and on a GBA screen, that can be deadly (not that this will ever be on a GBA, but you should still be thinking). Also, the "already caught" symbol is one pixel to close to the gender symbol's field (not that it should be on the ally side in the first place).
My comments should by no means suggest that I want you to throw the baby out with the bathwater, because it looks (nearly) flawless, just that the color could use being a shade or two darker.

As always, you are making construtice criticism, all I have to say is thank you. Now for the explanations:

1- I have to agree, its difficult to read, Ill probably change some colors so it gets easier.
2- Thats not an already caught symbol =[, thats a detail that I added to the player box so it looks cooler. I may edit it so it dont get too close to the gender symbol.
3- Maybe I can use darker shades, I used that because my PC screen is a bit darker due to configurations etc...

Nice update JV, but don't forget to use the revamped version of Feliger. (as shown in my sig)

Ok, Ill edit the post and use it ;p.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Home
  • Seen May 10, 2021
Good update.
I like your fakemon, but it's just that some aren't in the same style as the others.
Like your Baashaun, i think they should all be put in that style.
But besides that, it looks good

~JV~

Dev of Pokémon Uranium
Years
No one will ever want you as a spriter if you triple post like this, also, I don't believe you did all those overworlds and fakemon. I reported you for triple posting.

@Blazers: Im glad you liked them, but about the scratching style, sorry but thats almost impossible to do when there are 3 different spriters on the team =/.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
The OWs are D/P rips, and the Dialga/Palkia sprites are Coronis's. The starters are some other guy's (I forgot the name); they're definitely stolen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back